Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sarsapariller posted:

I kind of like the idea that a future spaceman in the year 3000 is going to have a blanket with child's cartoon depictions of space flight in approximately 1965. I mean I know that I personally go to bed every night in my blanket featuring iconography of the empereror Basil II of the Byzantine Empire circa 995AD.

Hey, you got the same bedsheets I have! :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone know how LTI works yet?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

CIG has met most of these, right?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Hello, Gremlich. Ever heard the term 'intellectual dishonesty'?

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

no_recall posted:

It's a bit like buying an extended warranty on a Moller Skycar

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/fzdSvua.gifv

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

no_recall posted:

That is easy. LTI buys Porsches and exotic vacations for the Roberts.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

PBS is a nonprofit corporation. CIG is not.

Mr Rogers testifies before Congress but for space jpgs.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Hey the artist either did a good job taking out the watermark or they actually paid for it this time :)

I don't know if it was mentioned, but I'm pretty sure they did steal it.

If you look closely the cloud that's covered by the watermark is different from the second one while on the bed sheet the two clouds are the same. Several of the stars around the watermark are missing and a larger star has been added beneath Uranus.

Hope this helps :)

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

Boxturret posted:

If you look closely the cloud that's covered by the watermark is different from the second one while on the bed sheet the two clouds are the same. Several of the stars around the watermark are missing and a larger star has been added beneath Uranus.

You!!! You are the dude that when I showed up at the doctor's office had already circled all the hidden items in the Highlights magazine. Great eye.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

So...Any chance of Derek adding the exact same functionality to his website in a few days? (Not sure how much is open sourced versus licensing.)

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

It seems that everytime one of their artist have to be creative outside of grey assets he steal it from google.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Boxturret posted:

:laugh:

This is certainly suggestive. Does anyone know how to extract the texture used in game?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The spectrum thing might be a tiny bit impressive, if not for the fact CIG didn't even produce it

They had to hire outside contractors to finish it

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sappo569 posted:

The spectrum thing might be a tiny bit impressive, if not for the fact CIG didn't even produce it

They had to hire outside contractors to finish it

Contractors are the only ones who actually produce results, like Illfonic and Turbulent. In 2 weeks Chris will throw Spectrum into the garbage because it also needs to be re-done in house.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

I think the idea of doing old fashioned community management they want to do is more that they quickly realised they needed more people to oversee the banning of everyone they can possibly ban on Spectrum because holy poo poo anyone can see that getting out of hand quick.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

'intellectual dishonesty' is one of those new terms where I always feel the person saying it is dumber than the person they're saying it to.

It's always used by some dumbo trying to sound smarter than another dumbo. Just loving say 'you are dumb' or 'you are lying to yourself' or any other much more direct phrasing.

As soon as someone says that phrase I write them off completely. It's definitely part of every 'iamverysmart' redditor's arsenal.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Help my brain liez

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

Just been chatting to my 123rf rep, and nope, you cannot use watermarked imagery if money is involved, full stop

Did you ask him what rules apply when Chris loving Roberts is involved though

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

HKS posted:

'intellectual dishonesty' is one of those new terms where I always feel the person saying it is dumber than the person they're saying it to.

It's always used by some dumbo trying to sound smarter than another dumbo. Just loving say 'you are dumb' or 'you are lying to yourself' or any other much more direct phrasing.

As soon as someone says that phrase I write them off completely. It's definitely part of every 'iamverysmart' redditor's arsenal.

My favorites are the dudes so impressed by their own rationality and adherence to logic that they have to tell everyone about it all the time

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/833926400205746176

quote:

We had an eventful last week in Star Citizen.

On Tuesday, we launched our first Valentine’s Day sale. It was a fun way to bring some limited time ships back to the fold, and it looks like many of you took the opportunity to pick up some Origin 85x, Starfarer Gemini, a variety of Vanguards and more. As always, we appreciate your continued support of Star Citizen with your pledge dollars. You make everything we do possible.

Thursday saw an incredibly detailed look at the new Multi-Region Server support in Around the Verse that launched with Alpha 2.6.1. I’ve never seen a segment like it from another game company, and being able to share things like that is one of the many things that set’s Star Citizen apart from other crowdfunded games. ATV also had our first look at the MISC Prospector live in engine, and I speak for myself personally when I say the ship team here continues to impress me each and every month. I only saw it a couple hours before you did, and it was thrilling to see.

Friday saw the launch of our new communications platform Spectrum 0.3.0 to our LIVE testing environment. I won’t bore you with too many details with that, as we already have posts where you can learn all about our newest offering in our post here as well as the FAQ.

Also on Friday we published to our LIVE testing environment Alpha 2.6.1 with the aforementioned Multi-Region Server Support. You can find the post with all those details here.

Whew, that was a bit of a recap, but we had a lot of stuff going on last week. Here’s what’s going down This Week in Star Citizen.

Right now there are two questions threads for Subscribers-Only up on Spectrum. The first thread is for the upcoming February Subscribers Town Hall that will air next week. The subject of this Town Hall is Flight Balance changes, and our special guests will be Lead Tech Designer John Crewe and Ship Balance Designer Andrew Nicholson. Remember that Spectrum lets you upvote which questions you want to see answered, and will influence which questions get picked for the show.

In addition, there is a second thread for the next 10 for the Chairman staring Chris Roberts and Tony Zurovec, where they’ll be answering your questions about professions in Alpha 3.0, with a special emphasis on Cargo and Mining. Don’t forget that in addition to adding your questions, Subscribers can also vote on the ones they want to see answered most.

Monday’s latest episode of Citizens of the Stars includes Quantum Questions with Will Weissbaum, where he answers questions about our next concept ship, questgivers in Alpha 3.0, and which lore characters you can already read about make appearances in Squadron 42. It also sees Tyler Witkin introduce our third Community Manager, Tyler Nolin. I know… I KNOW… Two Tylers… I’m doomed.

Wednesday and Thursday this week bring another edition of Loremaker’s Guide and Around the Verse, respectively. Remember, that while many of our shows are a fun behind-the-scenes look at our community, our lore, or our programming, Around the Verse is your place for the latest development updates each and every week.

Then on this Friday, end the week with Tylers and I on another edition of Happy Hour, where we take an hour at the end of our week to sit back and hang out with the Star Citizen community and developers.

Additionally, this Friday will also see the launch of our first concept sale of 2017, the Anvil Hurricane. Check back on Friday for the official reveal, and the subsequent Q&A thread on Spectrum.

With that, we’ll see you in the ‘Verse!

Jared Huckaby
“Disco Lando”
Community Manager

:gary:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen: Set's

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGepLpD5Hw0

lmao lets just take cyberpunk 2077s trailer and make our own. why cant they make original content geez

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
thrilling to see huge milestone early days

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RealityVirtuaI/status/833899407082975233

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

HKS posted:

tyft

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

No news as yet as to who won the Foundry 42 cake competition.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

No news as yet as to who won the Foundry 42 cake competition.

The real winner is the dude who ate all the cakes

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Sillybones you are okay I think you are intellectually honest.

:cheers:

It is a big pet peeve though.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Well I'm glad they finally addressed the absence of the 2.6.2 open development bar graph

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

thrilling to see huge milestone early days

Well since this is the pet peeve page. "Huge milestone" doesn't make much sense, if you think about it it's a huge waste actually

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

Just been chatting to my 123rf rep, and nope, you cannot use watermarked imagery if money is involved, full stop

I don't think you understand image development...

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
early days thrilling to see huge milestone

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
I prefer my milestones regular size, not huge. And give them nice even spacing, about a mile apart. Thanks.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

The real winner is the dude who ate all the cakes

A) I doubt it is a secret who will eat them and B) the word you are looking for is not "winner" it is "gainer".

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/830108544242429958

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7CJxX04VPQ

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CrowdWeek/status/833978377002479617

quote:

This saga continues to be fascinating, promising and just a bit disturbing. Let’s wait and see if 2017 brings with it more than simply millions and in funding and new abridged alpha variants.