Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Carecat fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Jehde posted:

Yes, I did a DDU wipe as well.
drat that's a raw deal.
This but the obsidian skin.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It seems a little shiny in game. Not as much as the Crossfader.

If Obsidian used the black skins grips and had a subtler effect it could be amazing.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Nickname Pending posted:

Is Fuze's LMG pretty viable? I actually have yet to use it, choosing his AK or shield instead. I figured it would be inaccurate or heavy on recoil. But I have recently watched some killcams of Fuze destroying me with it, so should I switch?
Fuze LMG is fantastic, don't accept anything to the contrary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEYg7RAvH0o

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Heran Bago posted:

drat that's a raw deal.

It's okay, I blame Hard.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Really? Why is that?

Nickname Pending posted:

Is Fuze's LMG pretty viable? I actually have yet to use it, choosing his AK or shield instead. I figured it would be inaccurate or heavy on recoil. But I have recently watched some killcams of Fuze destroying me with it, so should I switch?

Actually the opposite. It is much more stable than the AK. But half of the is its slow fire rate.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Really? Why is that?

Because he needs to fix his game, duh

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I was just the last defender on Secure and was down, game didn't end.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I was just the last defender on Secure and was down, game didn't end.

Were you in the secure room?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

Were you in the secure room?

Yes. Hibana charges wouldn't go off as well. The two left side went off, I placed six new ones to the right, all 10 lit up, and only the six new ones actually exploded.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Nickname Pending posted:

This game does a real good job of making the LMGs feel like LMGs, and not just slightly different rifles. Make sure to take advantage of that. If you think someone is coming your way, start shooting. Don't stop. Maybe stop for a little bit to make them think you are reloading, and then start again. I don't know man, you've got a fuckton of bullets and lots of recoil control. Share the love.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Oh people posted as I was typing that. I was asking why the silencer is good in the lmg

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I got 600 Rainbow Bucks burning a hole in my pocket. What should I buy? I'm a relatively new player and am drawn to that ugly aged gold + red El Dorado Universal skin (what can I say? My taste sucks) but want to hear other suggestions.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
My only recommendation is that you use it for skins that you can't buy with renown.

Outside of that, buy whatever ugly rear end skin you want.

The valentines day and christmas skins are still the best though.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Frost's vacation hat.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
If you don't use the revolver on Montagne or any op really you should be ashamed of yourself.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/AmwocYF.gifv

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Buck is cool because he has a weak, wall-destroying shotgun as well as his normal rifle.
Since headshots are where it's at kill-wise, and GEO has shotguns as a secondary, how is Buck not poo poo now?

e: This was terribly phrased, but how is Buck's ability viable when "also a shotgun" isn't a unique trait anymore?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I got 600 Rainbow Bucks burning a hole in my pocket. What should I buy? I'm a relatively new player and am drawn to that ugly aged gold + red El Dorado Universal skin (what can I say? My taste sucks) but want to hear other suggestions.

Up yours I like that skin too

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Oh people posted as I was typing that. I was asking why the silencer is good in the lmg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jye_7u8ydYQ

Recoil pattern is the most stable apparently;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPbC04O4Wp8 for Velvet shell.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Heran Bago posted:

Buck is cool because he has a weak, wall-destroying shotgun as well as his normal rifle.
Since headshots are where it's at kill-wise, and GEO has shotguns as a secondary, how is Buck not poo poo now?

e: This was terribly phrased, but how is Buck's ability viable when "also a shotgun" isn't a unique trait anymore?

the secondary shotguns are not great for blasting through poo poo, whereas bucks is tailor-made for the task. also buck has a dmr and frags.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Up yours I like that skin too

Let's be SkinBuddies....no wait that didn't come out right

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Knifegrab posted:

If you don't use the revolver on Montagne or any op really you should be ashamed of yourself.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Heran Bago posted:

Buck's ability and value has never been "also a shotgun", but has been that he is essentially "sledge breaching at range", and is in many ways superior now that it can consistently make big holes. (This was not the case for the longest time, also buck can't do anything to castle barricades, which is fine.)

GEO has what seem now to be the shittiest shotguns, in terms of viability as an instrument of murder, which are just as bad, if not worse, than the other non-masterkey shotguns for breaching walls.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

The primary shotgun for GEO needs a little buff, but it's far from bad.

It's like 90% of the supernova, which is the shotgun all shotguns should aspire to be.

Just buff the super90 back to sniper level so I can enjoy the game again

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The nerf to the sledgehammer was silent and unwarranted, like a fart in a crowded elevator. Why, Hard, why?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Wow these are all over the place. How did they manage to make the muzzle brake better than the compensator in full auto one on certain guns :allears:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

The nerf to the sledgehammer was silent and unwarranted, like a fart in a crowded elevator. Why, Hard, why?

What nerf?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Party Plane Jones posted:

Literally the only person to ever notice or care

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Are there any good writeups of Jaegers ADS mechanics? I feel like they consistently don't work or don't work as well as they should. Even when I place them in a location with great line of sight they consistently kill a few or none of the inevitable fine charges.

Like there have been times I'm standing right next to one and watch a fuse puck blast me. It would be cool if they worked better because being killed by fuse is really annoying and it would be cool to have a reliable counter.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Kikas posted:

What nerf?

At one point you used to be able to create a standing height hole with one swing; once the bullet penetration/destruction change came out that vanished.

I'd have to look through old footage but what you would do is stand next to the wall, and swing down so that it would create a 6 foot hold you could just walk through without having to vault.

edit: found it
https://streamable.com/9jd4m

causticBeet posted:

Are there any good writeups of Jaegers ADS mechanics? I feel like they consistently don't work or don't work as well as they should. Even when I place them in a location with great line of sight they consistently kill a few or none of the inevitable fine charges.

Like there have been times I'm standing right next to one and watch a fuse puck blast me. It would be cool if they worked better because being killed by fuse is really annoying and it would be cool to have a reliable counter.

Jager ADS only kills two pucks, you'd have to double up to even survive one Fuze charge.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 22, 2017

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Didn't the ADS used to be good for 3 nades/pucks each?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

lohli posted:

Didn't the ADS used to be good for 3 nades/pucks each?

It's always been 2, Fuze just had one less puck and one less charge previous to the recent buff.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
How does the TK punishment system work? I've been seeing more blue on blue than usual lately, and I'm wondering about the mechanics of slapping troublemakers down.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
R6 subreddit reporting that the Montange buff in regards to explosion damage is bugged and he's at the old settings.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
hi new player here uh why is this game so loving huge

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Thom and the Heads posted:

Because band width and disk space are inexpensive.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Thom and the Heads posted:

Have you got the high-res texture pack? If so, that's why. :v:
If not, eh I dunno, it's not that big

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

slap me and kiss me posted:

How does the TK punishment system work? I've been seeing more blue on blue than usual lately, and I'm wondering about the mechanics of slapping troublemakers down.

If they TK the same person in the game twice, or maybe three times, the get kicked. If they TK and kill the hostage, they get kicked.

I'm not an expert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

If they TK the same person in the game twice, or maybe three times, the get kicked. If they TK and kill the hostage, they get kicked.

I'm not an expert.

Yeah it's twice, and includes hostages and team mates in that - so it can be two hostage kills, as well. Although if the TKer is in a group, they can easily spread the TKs amongst themselves, without any real repercussions :v:
(at this stage it seems, anyway. Hopefully the reporting suggestions mentioned earlier are implemented)

• Locked thread