Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Pet menagerie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeonsim
Jan 18, 2015
New update Explorable world map, customisable ship, boarding fights, naval scripted encounters I really hope we get to 4million for the additional ships!

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?update=277#updates

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Basic Chunnel posted:

I would like my games to feature characters of real depth, and real human relationships. Real romance constitutes reverence for the code of the Bushido and formal respect between followers of the code of the Bushido, through which they demonstrate their deep love for the ideals of honor and duty, which are central to the code of the Bushido.

Whenever anyone thinks of a woman or sex, characters should shake their head silently at one another until the thought passes, to be replaced by thoughts of honor, duty, and the noble sacrifices made in the pursuit of said.

Get out of here Tsunetomo you hack, you've never been in a fight in your life :argh:

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
There's no way they can reach $5 million for the 8th companion stretch goal.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Oasx posted:

Pet menagerie!

oh god all my dreams are coming true

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Jadus posted:

Can you briefly outline your rogue spec that gives you such powerful damage?

My rogue consistently deals the most damage in the party with the majority being crits, but per hit damage is still in the 20-30 range (lvl 8, in WM).

Certainly! Keep in mind I'm level 16, though.

Hearth Orlan from Old Valia
Stats (after adjustments): 17 Might, 4 Constitution, 18 Dexterity, 19 Perception, 10 Intellect, 10 Resolve

Equipment:
Lead Spitter (Legendary Enchantment, Durgan Refined, Shocking Lash because GM uses Stormcaller and the Shock DR Reduction is nice)
Azalin's Helmet (+0.1 Crit Damage Multiplier)
Ramient of Wael's Eyes (Enchanted with +2 Might and Durgan Refined. The defense against charmed is important because it prevents Shotgun Rogue turning around and deleting someone)
Formal Footwear (+4 Dex)
Mantle of the Excavator (+4 Per)
Ryona's Vambraces (+3 Damage Reduction Bypass, really important if you're using a Blunderbuss)
Ring of Protection and Girdle of Eoten Constitution to prevent folding to stiff breezes

Key talents:
Ruffian spec
Marksman
Gunner
Dirty Fighting (+Vicious Fighting)
Deathblow
Bloody Slaughter (Blunderbusses actually deal damage in rapid sequence, so if the first few pellets reduce your target to low enough health for Bloody Slaughter to matter, the remaining pellets will benefit from it)
Penetrating Shot (that DR pierce tho. also an Attack Speed penalty doesn't really matter all that much for firearms, I've found)
A Paladin's Zealous Aura
A Chanter's Sure Handed Illa chant

Toss in any of the Strikes or Finishing Blow and you'll routinely deal 150 to 250 damage to whatever you end up shotgunning, more if you decide to abuse Backstab. I routinely hover around the 180 range and get well into the 200s when I'm fighting a boss that I'm dumping everything on. What really helps this build is having NPCs equipped with weapons that apply statuses that trigger Sneak Attack (like stuns), so you more or less bypass all of the setup that you'd normally need to do mid-fight. Of course, if you have multiple people throwing out statuses, you'll trigger Deathblow instead of Sneak Attack, and that'll make your damage output even more frightening.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

bitmap posted:

hah someone in here frickin called it about the steward being on the ship

I'm pretty sure we all did

Of course I did it on page 2 before anyone else :smug:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

2house2fly posted:

New update, with a surprise revelation: you get a ship!!!!!!!!!

I thought they covered shipping in the Valentine's update

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Furism posted:

I don't see the link between Bushido and "sex is bad" , what are you talking about?
Look guy, I'm not gonna be the one to explain the appeal of John Wick to you.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Steward Of Caed Nua
Ship customisation with possible implication of flying faction colours to change encounters
Upgrade cannons
Other ships as stretch goal
Overworld map interface
On-ship encounters
$5 million stretch goal is Ydwin, whoever that is, as a companion
They aren't exactly sure what the DLC will contain yet

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm a bit confused about one of the extras. If I make a pledge and then go for "Pillars II DLC" it says "Early bird access to DLC for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire at a special Fig price". Am I buying the DLC itself or am I only buying early access or am I getting both? :confused:

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

There's no way they can reach $5 million for the 8th companion stretch goal.

lol if you didn't immediately empty your savings account into your Fig pledge after reading "pet menagerie"

just lol

Seriously though if the $750k in Fig funding clears and they have a final day similar to their first day, they could get close. But it's definitely a long shot.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Isn't Ydwin that adventurer lady from Twin Elms that people were bizarrely fixated on

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Ydwin is a sidekick that they apparently want to do as a full companion. Don't think she's from the originals.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

Isn't Ydwin that adventurer lady from Twin Elms that people were bizarrely fixated on

That's Cwineth.

Ydwin is a Pale Elf that was created as a sidekick specifically for Pillars II.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I'll be sad if the 4.0 goal isn't reached now. I will blame Ropekid, as it will be his fault that I had dreams.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 22, 2017

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Captain Oblivious posted:

Dragon Age Origins is the only Dragon Age with the weird rear end gift system you're referring to. That game came out almost a decade ago.

friendship tokens doesnt mean physical in-game items it means that you just pick the same "nice" dialogue options over and over again until the character decides you're a nice enough guy to have sex with.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Under the vegetable posted:

friendship tokens doesnt mean physical in-game items it means that you just pick the same "nice" dialogue options over and over again until the character decides you're a nice enough guy to have sex with.

That's the standard goon courting method though :confused:

Are you saying the advice I got in E/N is wrong??

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Also model ship would be far superior to model statue

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I'm really excited for the changes to the world map. That's all.

Octo1
May 7, 2009

Entropy238 posted:

I'm a bit confused about one of the extras. If I make a pledge and then go for "Pillars II DLC" it says "Early bird access to DLC for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire at a special Fig price". Am I buying the DLC itself or am I only buying early access or am I getting both? :confused:

It's for the DLC itself, you buy it now and get it for an extra low price. I don't think they're even considering public early access for DLC.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I'll be sad if the 4.0 goal isn't reached now. I will blame Ropekid, as it will be his fault that I had dreams.

:same: The 5M goal too. Taunting us with things we can't have.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Octo1 posted:

It's for the DLC itself, you buy it now and get it for an extra low price. I don't think they're even considering public early access for DLC.

It's for all DLC they'll release as well.

I wouldn't know about hitting 5 mil, I only backed at the digital copy level because I see all this crowd funding as a cheap preorder, and I instantly added on the DLC today. I imagine there will be quite a few backers to do so as well.

derra fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 22, 2017

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
:psyduck: at the 5 million stretch goal.
I know Urquhart said pledges made after the campaign ends will count towards the stretchgoals "for a while", which is good news for the people waiting until Obsidian sorts out pledging through paypall. But is reaching 5 million even remotely possible?

Ropekid: Any chance we could get a concept for the returning companions miniatures, like we got for the Od Nua statue?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Raygereio posted:

:psyduck: at the 5 million stretch goal.
I know Urquhart said pledges made after the campaign ends will count towards the stretchgoals "for a while", which is good news for the people waiting until Obsidian sorts out pledging through paypall. But is reaching 5 million even remotely plausible?

I've lost track of how far the investment cap has been raised for the Fig funds at this point, but we're either just about at or just over 4M with the funds that haven't been funnelled in yet. So for 5M they need another million's worth of pledges in the last 2 days. Seems unlikely.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I figure 5mil is just there for moonshot reasons so people will have something to aim for, since if they ran out of stretch goals during the last day rush some people might just shrug and go "eh, well, then maybe it doesn't matter if I pledge and I'll buy it when it comes out."

Also hope we make it to 3.75m or else our Chinese gonna be complicated af.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Litany Unheard posted:

That's Cwineth.

Ydwin is a Pale Elf that was created as a sidekick specifically for Pillars II.

Ydwin is a character in the Lords of the Eastern Reach board game. I guess he might have been a dev character or something.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

mitochondritom posted:

Ydwin is a character in the Lords of the Eastern Reach board game. I guess he might have been a dev character or something.

Ydwin's female.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The ship seems kinda obvious, who is Ydwin and I guess I'll upgrade my pledge for the DLC pass.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
It's really hard to gauge exactly when PoE2's funding will top out at considering the investor stuff is totally curtained to pretty much everyone. $5m could be totally ridiculous or it could be just around the corner, nobody (including Feargus/Obsidian if his previous comments still hold) really seems to know exactly how much has been raised in total save for the actual Fig beancounters.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I see that loving around with the Nether Scroll will send you to new and interesting places.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

If we hit 3.5 I'll be happy. Grabbing the dlc too, figure if it will be story/quests or something white march style I'd end up getting it anyway.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Get a bit of FTL vibe from the ship update.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's really hard to gauge exactly when PoE2's funding will top out at considering the investor stuff is totally curtained to pretty much everyone. $5m could be totally ridiculous or it could be just around the corner, nobody (including Feargus/Obsidian if his previous comments still hold) really seems to know exactly how much has been raised in total save for the actual Fig beancounters.

The real question is whether the Fig campaign will see the same pattern as Kickstarter campaigns usually do, with the big last minute rush. You often have as much pledged in the final day as the first.

And since our ship is named the Defiant, we should name our pet Captain Worf.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Basic Chunnel posted:

I would like my games to feature characters of real depth, and real human relationships. Real romance constitutes reverence for the code of the Bushido and formal respect between followers of the code of the Bushido, through which they demonstrate their deep love for the ideals of honor and duty, which are central to the code of the Bushido.

Whenever anyone thinks of a woman or sex, characters should shake their head silently at one another until the thought passes, to be replaced by thoughts of honor, duty, and the noble sacrifices made in the pursuit of said.

I just want to do stuff in games that I can't do in real life, like killing orcs and taking their gold. I have relationships/sex in real life so I have no interest in sitting at a desk and playing a simulation those things.

Under the vegetable posted:

christine love to add in turn based tactical grid combat to her vns

Someone in tfr tricked a bunch of into playing one of her games, iirc it ended with the PC, a teacher, having sex with one of his students.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Litany Unheard posted:

The real question is whether the Fig campaign will see the same pattern as Kickstarter campaigns usually do, with the big last minute rush. You often have as much pledged in the final day as the first.

Lieutenant Wuff.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
I'm really surprised they aren't letting us name our ship ourselves.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Litany Unheard posted:

Given his history with the company we should just call him Michael Dorn. Lil Dorn for short.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

bitmap posted:

hah someone in here frickin called it about the steward being on the ship

AriadneThread posted:

Aurubin posted:

Aww, does this mean that the nice lady in the statue/throne is gone? I've got it, you keep her phylactery or w/e in your pocket and she makes snarky comments. TURN THIS SHIP AROUND JOSH WE'VE GOT REWRITES TO MAKE!

we'll put her on the prow of the boat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I'm really surprised they aren't letting us name our ship ourselves.

look, we know how that went for britain

• Locked thread