Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

yes, I believe you have to have an account to even log in and preview the spectrum forums
when it comes out of alpha. right now anyone can preview it

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

TheAgent posted:

https://www.playhellion.com/features

Already more features than Star Citizen after just 12 months. Sad!

I like the layout of their webpage, to see it's progress all ya gotta do is scroll down the page and see whats done and whats still being worked on.

No flashy videos needed to promote dreams, no need for corporate shills calling people "malcontents" or "naysayers", it just sells itself on it's basic elements. The vids they do produce tend to show off an actual, usable in game feature or asset, which is quite refreshing too haha :D

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
they've also segregated their chat channels between backers and non-backers already

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

XK posted:

The chit thread is one of the saltiest threads I've seen on their official forums.

Is it true they're in the process of basically shutting down the official forums in favor of the Spectrum thing, or at least tremendously gimping them? Do you have to access Spectrum through the game client? I have no idea how the Spectrum thing works.

It's so weird to see posters there openly saying the kinds of poo poo that got people run off the forums and put on spergy kill lists a little over a year ago.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
This for loving real? You can buy ship skins.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Add-Ons/You-Got-Our-Backs-Electro-Skin-Hull

...but...

quote:

Note: The functionality to apply skins has not been implemented yet and will be available at some point in the future!

:lol:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

At least Spectrum doesn't require the game client. Requiring the client would've been a poo poo show. Still, shutting down traditional forums and other standard community tools in favor of Spectrum is an extremely questionable decision. Par for the course, I guess.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Yes, that's a thing, and it not being implemented yet is also a thing. The only skins that are currently implemented is through purchase of custom ships.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Oh hell yea dude you can even buy weapons and individual missiles.

Someone tried to own a goon for saying it was impossible for a starter ship to kill a P2W fighter.
He managed to do it after 5 minutes of passes using 64 dollars worth of guns he bought.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

It's so weird to see posters there openly saying the kinds of poo poo that got people run off the forums and put on spergy kill lists a little over a year ago.

It's also very telling how easily a lot of them are now jumping over to the latest shiny thing, Hellion, with not even a blink of an eye

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I just can't get enough of this unfinished software!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

It's also very telling how easily a lot of them are now jumping over to the latest shiny thing, Hellion, with not even a blink of an eye

A few days in game with some goons loving their poo poo up and they'll soon go running back to Crobblers though :)

Hopefully they won't though, as much as I despise the members of the brown sea I think Hellion might just be the thing they need to wake them up from their trance and turn back into normal people. :)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

XK posted:

At least Spectrum doesn't require the game client. Requiring the client would've been a poo poo show. Still, shutting down traditional forums and other standard community tools in favor of Spectrum is an extremely questionable decision. Par for the course, I guess.

Apparently Spectrum functionality is completely nonexistent if you are banned from their forums, so I imagine it would have a pretty significant impact on anyone who would be playing the game.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/834431046410260480

Thrilling to see, when a full third of your income yesterday was from two people. Huge milestone.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

TheAgent posted:

when it comes out of alpha. right now anyone can preview it

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC

Heh, recurring subject in the chat seems to be "ways to keep the trolls out".

LOL!!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/834244023749591041
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/834247667282755584
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/834248267441565696

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sabreseven posted:

Heh, recurring subject in the chat seems to be "ways to keep the trolls out".

LOL!!

You have to pay to type in #general unfortunately

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

TheAgent posted:

https://www.playhellion.com/features

Already more features than Star Citizen after just 12 months. Sad!

On their main page they have this section:

BROKEN DREAMS
Hellion is not even a shadow of what it was supposed to be. It is a desolate graveyard of Mankind’s hopes, dreams and ambitions scattered across the empty void. Instead of grand habitats and planets waiting to receive new settlers, there are only ruins, debris fields and empty stations.

For some reason all that sounds familiar.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

BROKEN DREAMS
Star Citizen is not even a shadow of what it was supposed to be. It is a desolate webpage of backer’s hopes, dreams and ambitions scattered across the empty server. Instead of grand habitats and planets waiting to receive new settlers, there are only unfinished skyboxes, pre-rendered marketing videos and empty dev chairs.

Fixed :D

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Chances are they're moving to spectrum because it will have a hidden TOS you agree to when launching it

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Scruffpuff posted:

On their main page they have this section:

BROKEN DREAMS
Hellion is not even a shadow of what it was supposed to be. It is a desolate graveyard of Mankind’s hopes, dreams and ambitions scattered across the empty void. Instead of grand habitats and planets waiting to receive new settlers, there are only ruins, debris fields and empty stations.

I wonder if you will be able to choose your humanity. And if space bullshit will happen.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Just dropping by to say thanks to people who said that the expanse was good. It does indeed appear to be good.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

peter gabriel posted:

Don't know if I could join in with this bunch of losers.

1mpper
Nov 26, 2004

does this person not know that elite: dangerous already exists?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

1mpper posted:

does this person not know that elite: dangerous already exists?

Lethality doesn't like games he can play

They scare him.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

Just dropping by to say thanks to people who said that the expanse was good. It does indeed appear to be good.
yea, its a good show. also humans ain't bad either

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

To be fair to them, so am I. Hellion looks pretty rad. Plus if it sucks at least it cost a normal amount of money. You could even say it's DISPOSABLE INCOME!

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Scruffpuff posted:

BROKEN DREAMS

My god, it's a Star Citizen spin-off before Star Citizen has even released. The success of Chris Roberts is immeasurable

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/0xdade/status/834471384021471232

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/123970812?t=55m17s

:gary: :yarg: :gary:

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Beet Wagon posted:

To be fair to them, so am I. Hellion looks pretty rad. Plus if it sucks at least it cost a normal amount of money. You could even say it's DISPOSABLE INCOME!

Look at this scrub that does not have $10,000.00 in disposable income to spend on a single space game.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

none of the poo poo theyre having detailed discussion on exists.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

That was the $5 'extension' for the people that backed on the site wanting to throw into the kickstarter.

I have one.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Apparently Spectrum functionality is completely nonexistent if you are banned from their forums, so I imagine it would have a pretty significant impact on anyone who would be playing the game.

30 seconds of reading convinced me that it would be a painful experience.

They're talking poo poo about white dwarves and carbon cores turning into diamonds. You're in a entirely different pressure/temperature realm for mere diamonds.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

CIG are flushing the brown sea? Seems kinda dangerous to disrupt their community. I wouldn't want to upset the applecart if I were them.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

TrustmeImLegit posted:

none of the poo poo theyre having detailed discussion on exists.

This has been every discussion on Star Citizen ever, beginning with the initial kickstarter.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Spatial posted:

CIG are flushing the brown sea? Seems kinda dangerous to disrupt their community. I wouldn't want to upset the applecart if I were them.

Not so much "flushing" it as "hiding from the public eye".

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

If I was just an investor I would have already asked for my money back or gone to court over it. But I'm fan and as such I will take it up the rear end. :psyduck:

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

trucutru posted:

If I was just an investor I would have already asked for my money back or gone to court over it. But I'm fan and as such I will take it up the rear end. :psyduck:
Must be talking about Bootcha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

trucutru posted:

Well, fan is the short form of fanatic. And we all know how reasonable fanatics are.