Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Well Bo Dallas is garbage so it doesn't really matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

Jason Sextro posted:

Man I wish the Taskmaster would come to save Ipmact

Only if we get Dungeon of Doom 2017.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Martian Buddy posted:

They bring in the Zodiac to shoot on Daniel Bryan for stealing his gimmick.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Jeff Jarrett is a dumb gently caress

:yeah:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

MassRafTer posted:

Vince McMahon is pals with Trump and his wife is on his cabinet but he knows not to associate his current product with Trump.

Jeff Jarrett is a dumb gently caress who thinks it will be a great idea.

Do we know who had the idea for the Sarah Palin impersonator? Maybe Jarrett just loves awful politicians.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Grendels Dad posted:

Do we know who had the idea for the Sarah Palin impersonator? Maybe Jarrett just loves awful politicians.

that was Daffney as Palin.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I really do have to wonder if Jarrett is fascinated with hitching the TNA wagon to Trump, because when they did that stupid GFW invasion storyline a couple years ago, they also did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGSnfZrJDnE

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
According to WrestleZone Mike and Maria signed new deals.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Please do not insult Bo Dallas in the TNA thread.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Martian Buddy posted:

It wouldn't be the same without King Curtis, RIP.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
People are actually buying into Jarrett being a savior.!the same guy who almost sank TNA and has gone nowhere with this GFW project despite how he hypes things up. History shows companies going back to the same people with power positions in the past go nowhere. Knowing Jarrett he'll probably find a way to bring Russo into the mix and push everybody on his roster to the side once he signs more WWE names.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There's no way he can do worse for TNA than Hogan did (Who took it at its peak and sunk it) or Dixie (Who lost like three TV deals)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jason Sextro posted:

Or "IT'S NOT HOT!"

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

whiteyfats posted:

Or "IT'S NOT HOT!"

Would the Hardy's be up for a Monster Truck Sumo match though.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Martian Buddy posted:

Would the Hardy's be up for a Monster Truck Sumo match though.

Yes but on TNA's budget you're probably looking at riding lawnmowers.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

If this includes Seņor Benjamin riding a third lawnmower to ref the match it would be worth every penny that TNA doesn't have

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RZApublican posted:

If this includes Seņor Benjamin riding a third lawnmower to ref the match it would be worth every penny that TNA doesn't have

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

coconono posted:

that was Daffney as Palin.

I know that, but whose idea was it?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

According to WrestleZone Mike and Maria signed new deals.

Their big issue was with Dixie right? And she's basically gone now?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

El Estrago Bonito posted:

At least that's consistent with their storyline.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jason Sextro posted:

Investing blindly in gold schemes is good for me!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/834564161212399616

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

He looks like a thumb with hair.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

There's no way he can do worse for TNA than Hogan did (Who took it at its peak and sunk it) or Dixie (Who lost like three TV deals)

Given TNA's peak was early 2008 and Hogan didn't arrive until late 2009, that is not accurate.

Unless you meant creative wise... then TNA's peak was in 2005.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Given TNA's peak was early 2008 and Hogan didn't arrive until late 2009, that is not accurate.

Unless you meant creative wise... then TNA's peak was in 2005.
TNA still had the roster to be good in mid-late 2009 but they were just coasting. Hogan did more harm than good. I can't imagine what Paul Heyman's TNA would have been but Dixie wouldn't let him have full creative control or something stupid.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Part of me can't wait until TNA kicks Josh Mathews to the curb

Another part of me is afraid they'll hire, like, Joey Styles and commentary will be even worse

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

TNA still had the roster to be good in mid-late 2009 but they were just coasting. Hogan did more harm than good. I can't imagine what Paul Heyman's TNA would have been but Dixie wouldn't let him have full creative control or something stupid.

After 2003 TNA pretty much always had a roster to be good until just a couple years ago.

They just had Jeff Jarrett in charge of creative for ten years and it was always bad. The buck stopped with Jarrett in creative for about a decade, he's the one the blame falls on.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Bring back Jerry Jarrett.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Imagine being stupid enough to have Vince Russo book all that dumb poo poo and go "yeah this is all stellar." That's Jeff Jarrett.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Was Josh Mathews always such a little poo poo or is this a new thing for him? He just seems to angry and defensive all the time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Was Josh Mathews always such a little poo poo or is this a new thing for him? He just seems to angry and defensive all the time.

Pre-TNA nobody ever even paid attention to him, so it's hard to say

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

It's weird to think that at one point Josh Matthews and Todd Grisham were the best WWE announce team :psyduck:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Watch the original Tough Enough (it's on the network). He was always like this, but there was always a Taz or JBL or someone to keep him in line, which he currently doesn't have.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Looks like he already deleted the "Shoot yourself" tweet.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dude was like normal forever what the gently caress

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I swear I've seen dozens of Josh Mathews clones around the 8th St-NYU R/W stop in Manhattan. And goddamn does he look terrible for only being three years older than me.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

Imagine being stupid enough to have Vince Russo book all that dumb poo poo and go "yeah this is all stellar." That's Jeff Jarrett.
Which is really frustrating, because when Russo got ousted and Scott D'Amore and Dutch Mantel were booking, the show was pretty drat good. D'Amore would decide which matches would be best at pay-per-views and <gasp> work backwards from there.

Why is everybody in wrestling so stupid that one person doing the most obvious thing is remarkable?

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

Which is really frustrating, because when Russo got ousted and Scott D'Amore and Dutch Mantel were booking, the show was pretty drat good. D'Amore would decide which matches would be best at pay-per-views and <gasp> work backwards from there.

Why is everybody in wrestling so stupid that one person doing the most obvious thing is remarkable?

I'm Jeff Jarrett. Explain to me how two or more young, charismatic talents putting on good matches will in any way stroke the egos of a couple of guys who were nice to me in 1999.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

After 2003 TNA pretty much always had a roster to be good until just a couple years ago.

They just had Jeff Jarrett in charge of creative for ten years and it was always bad. The buck stopped with Jarrett in creative for about a decade, he's the one the blame falls on.

I'm Jeff Jarrett and I'm going to no-sell both the NWA champion's finisher but also the entire roster on my way to yet another NWA heavyweight title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jason Sextro posted:

I'm Jeff Jarrett and I'm going to no-sell both the NWA champion's finisher but also the entire roster on my way to yet another NWA heavyweight title

That Raven match in terms of an in ring burial was worse than HHH/Booker. In storyline HHH/Booker was worse but lol at Raven/Jarrett

• Locked thread