Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

You can spoil whatever the gently caress you want, it's your thread

Indeed. It's just the somewhat unusual phrasing that made me raise one eyebrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

"...But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."
Looking at playing through Mount and Blade: Warband. Huge post so link to off-site screenshot testing page:

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=146635

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

People can't give comments unless you do a sample of a typical update. Just posting your OP doesn't give enough information.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've made a first episode of the Ghosthunter LP that I wanted to do - posting it here to see if there are any major problems with it, or is it fine to start the thread proper?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jWf_Uyc-8g

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

BioEnchanted posted:

I've made a first episode of the Ghosthunter LP that I wanted to do - posting it here to see if there are any major problems with it, or is it fine to start the thread proper?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jWf_Uyc-8g
It's nice to see someone with a working copy. Mine works off two discs, because some levels are corrupted on the one, and others are broken on the other.

Is it still processing or it is intended to be at 240p?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

SelenicMartian posted:

It's nice to see someone with a working copy. Mine works off two discs, because some levels are corrupted on the one, and others are broken on the other.

Is it still processing or it is intended to be at 240p?

It may be doing that because I set it to encode as small size mp4. I'll reencode at medium size and see if that looks better. I'm encoding at Good Quality instead of Smaller Size. well see if that improves it, if not then this quality may be the best I can do. I think that the middle setting was what I used during Dog's Life.

Here's the new video - now it runs at 480p. How's this look? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v6P9yWIHDE

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 20, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

If there are no further comments on my latest version, I'll probably get the thread up on Wednesday.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
Not my first LP, but it's been a while since I last tried this out. Have at it. Audio's the biggest thing that worries me. My friend's commentary gonna be a bit hairy for a while. We're still working on getting her a better mic.

How do you do, fellow criminals? Let's Play Sleeping Dogs

What is this game?
Sleeping Dogs is an open-world action game released in 2012 from United Front Games(RIP) and Square Enix. Many parts of it are standard for these kinds of games; you can race cars, beat up thugs, or stumble into a whole bunch of side stuff while exploring a sandbox world.

What really sets the game apart is the story and setting. You play as Wei Shen, an undercover cop trying to infiltrate the triad scene of Hong Kong. Wei constantly struggles to find a balance to please the bosses in both of his two lives. While Wei works his way higher in the criminal underworld, he must also do his part in detaining its key members, all under the constant threat of blowing his own cover.

Everything in the game has a distinct Hong Kong flavor to it, from the environments to the Cantonese-speaking NPCs. Gunfights are few and far between in this gun-controlled state; Wei instead gets by with his own kung fu skills. He can even visit his old dojo to learn sage advice from his old master. The game borrows a lot of concepts between other big games of its time, but still manages to make its own distinct feel.

Since its release, no one else has really tried to make a big game that is of a certain place like this. With United Front's office now permanently closed, we may never see a game quite like it again. It deserves to be shared, which is why I'm here.

The LP
I'll be playing the game with my friend Lauren, who's coming in completely blind to the experience. We'll be going through the definitive version, which came out in 2014. The newer version has up-ressed textures and runs at 1080p on modern consoles and PC. It also comes installed with all of the DLC missions, which we'll get to eventually. Updates will (hopefully) be going up weekly.

:siren: Spoilers :siren:
No discussing spoilers for anything we haven't gotten to. Any parts of the story we've covered in the LP are fair game.

Part 1 ... Uncut

TheLoser fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Feb 21, 2017

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

You, uh, seem to have mixed up the Uncut and Cut video links. I'll get back to you with anything else I notice as I go through.

Edit: Starting with addressing your audio concerns: you could stand to up the volume on you guys' commentary. Ducking the game audio helps, but your audio sounds a little quiet.

Edit2: Not a critique, but the red envelopes are traditionally used to give money as gifts in Asian cultures.

Edit3: Face levels do give you more abilities, they don't just unlock more shopping options.

I think that's about all I have, I wasn't sure if I was gonna follow another Sleeping Dogs LP, but I'm a sucker for seeing how people react to this game's environmental kills, so count me in. :allears:

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Feb 21, 2017

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

ChaosArgate posted:

You, uh, seem to have mixed up the Uncut and Cut video links. I'll get back to you with anything else I notice as I go through.

Edit: Starting with addressing your audio concerns: you could stand to up the volume on you guys' commentary. Ducking the game audio helps, but your audio sounds a little quiet.

Edit2: Not a critique, but the red envelopes are traditionally used to give money as gifts in Asian cultures.

Edit3: Face levels do give you more abilities, they don't just unlock more shopping options.

I think that's about all I have, I wasn't sure if I was gonna follow another Sleeping Dogs LP, but I'm a sucker for seeing how people react to this game's environmental kills, so count me in. :allears:

I'm editing the audio to Part 2 right now, so I'll play around with the levels. Much appreciated.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

As a heads up: My Ghosthunter thread is live: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3810989

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Howdy friends! Real quick, I wanted to share my appreciation for my amazing players and everybody else who keeps the Let's Play subforum awesome. My CYOA thread just passed a little milestone- with the last update we have together made 2000 unique "screencaps". 001's green menace would never have got this far without a groovy place to host the conversation and hilarious (and patient) folks to have it with. Thank goodness for goons.

So thanks everybody. We long ago sailed over the "this is a reasonable project" falls, and I couldn't think of a better crew to be plummeting with. Here's to the next 2000!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Congratulations!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Welcome to Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Released in 2003, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow is one of the last and best Metroidvanias made for the Gameboy Advance.

After Dracula's final defeat in 1999, he and his castle were sealed into the eclipse. In 2035, Soma Cruz and his fabulous coat were sucked into the Eclipse, and now he must conquer the castle and absorb the monsters' powers in order to escape, and find his girlfriend a personality. The game's story is simple and predictable, but it does what needs to be done, and provides a twist that is, if not surprising, at least creative, and takes the series in a new direction.

We're gonna be ignoring all of that poo poo.

My name is PMush Perfect, and I am going to be performing a challenge run. Specifically to spite this game's RPG elements, I am going to be completing the entire game without ever killing a single unnecessary enemy, up to the true final boss, Chaos.

What difficulty?
On Normal, I will be completing each section in a single run, using subtitles to explain the strategies and quirks of the run and using editing tricks to cover up the steadily-worsening audio desync.

On Hard, where I will be dying many, many times, I will be providing a heavily-edited video for two co-commentators to bathe in schadenfreude and laugh at me sucking at video games.

Unfortunately, I don't have any co-commentators yet, but I'm reaching out, and hoping that the first part of this LP will attract some funny people who want to laugh at me.

Spoiler Policy
I would prefer we avoid gameplay spoilers, because for anyone who does not know the game, I don't want to ruin the surprise of just how I'm going to get my rear end kicked. Story spoilers, I'm much more lax about, and won't really be paying any attention to. If you'd like a more standard run of the game, I recommend Garin's Hard Mode LP.

Videos

Future Videos

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI
Obviously this is the best choice of thing to do with my handy dandy new account: a game nobody has heard of that I've never got around to finishing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl-wBb0IHeo

What The Hell Is This Anime poo poo
SD Gundam G-Generation OVERWorld is the almost-latest iteration of the long-running G-Generation series (surpassed by the latest edition on PS4, Genesis, which is a vastly different game). The games are (largely) TacRPGs similar to Fire Emblem or Super Robot Wars, but at the same time they're very different games; how different depends on which specific game you're talking about, but I'll be going over the mechanics in detail as they come up, since they're Actually Pretty Interesting. The game was released about a year after its predecessor, World, and carries on the plot of that game, such as it is (the plot is kind of threadbare in these games; it exists, but it's only taken into account on a few stages), on the PSP right near the end of its life cycle.
Much like how Super Robot Wars exists for the purpose of crossing over various mecha shows, the G-Gen games are like that for Gundam only. They generally come in two forms: "story", where the game proceeds effectively like a SRW game, and "mission", where the game is a series of missions with their own self-contained plot. OVERWorld fits into this latter category, but it has a series of boss stages and a secondary game mode that act as kind of an explanation to what the heck is going on.
If you're unfamiliar with Gundam, it's basically a franchise about the evils of war following people who hate war and pilot cool death machines against people who love war and pilot cool death machines. (This is a tremendous simplification and Gundam varies widely in tone, quality, and message, but that's something that's core to basically every series except G Gundam.)

About the LP...
This will largely be screenshots, with a few animated clips thrown in here and there (GIFs for tinier things, WEBMs for bigger things where I want smoother quality); WEBMs in particular will likely be linked to so that they don't autoload on the page. The game's audio is not generally spectacular, and the large variety of pilots means there are comparitively few lines per pilot, so that gets repetitive very quickly. For certain things I may throw in video clips mined from YouTube, but nothing fantastic.
This isn't going to be completionist because that will take forever; the aim here is to simply beat all three game modes (World Tour, World Core, and OVER World) and show off any neat things that come up along the way. To "100%" this game would involve collecting every mech in the catalogue and there is no way I'm doing that. Also, I won't be showing off HELL Mode, although I'll discuss it a little bit.

I'll also do a Robot Roll Call which is probably one post I'll update after each other update because if I append it to the already-long missions.

Missions in this game are quite long, so I'll probably do one per update. Also, I'll be transferring savedata from the two previous PSP titles, Portable and World, which lets us begin the game with two fairly useful equip items that will make things much less painful early on.

My intent was to do one a week but after doing the prologue I realised how huge this game actually is when you're not just flipping through stuff at high speed so I'll probably aim for one a fortnight, which gives me plenty of time to not screw it up.

Did you say you never finished it
Yeeeees but it's actually that I got bored because the game is pretty easy and it takes a while. There are no big left hooks the game is going to throw at me, I just eventually got tired of skipping through the Japanese text and using a vaguely similar strategy per stage... but the game's in english now, so there won't be any problems there. It also means I don't have to refer to the wiki each and every time for everything.

Audience Participation?
Yes! Since I'll be doing one menu and one mission per update, there will often be times I'll ask for audience input when I'm presented with equal options. Also, starting from the end of the first update, there is periodically the opportunity to acquire a new MASTER character, which I'll be asking for input on (with a limited list for the first choice, for gameplay reasons). Further, at the start of the game, we'll be abusing the Your Character option to make an original character, but I'll get to that when we get there.

Spoilers?
While the plot in this game is pretty thin on the ground, I'd appreciate it if people avoided spoilers, since there's a fairly massive twist towards the end that changes a lot of stuff you thought you knew. As for spoiling various Gundam series themselves, feel free to go nuts with that one, since most of them have been out for a long time - this is a franchise that's been going strong since the 70s, after all.

There are some weird words in here.
Gundam is a franchise with a pretty well built-up lore and a lot of jargon tends to get tossed around without much thought. I'll go over some of the really common stuff now; other stuff will get discussed when it comes up.
Gundam, n.; 1. (Meta) A giant robot built to a specific aesthetic, typically incorporating a V-Fin on the head and a helmet with distinct eyes. 2. (In-Universe) A giant robot built to a specific design scheme. Whether this is aesthetic or something else depends on the series in question.
Mobile Suit, n.; A giant robot. Every Gundam is a Mobile Suit, but not every Mobile Suit is a Gundam. Due to the prevalence of "suit" in this franchise as a shorthand for Mobile Suits (also known as MS), space suits used by astronauts and so on are called "normal suits".
Mobile Armor, n.; A weapon on scale with a Mobile Suit but more in line with a gunboat or a fighter jet. Term varies widely depending on series, but basically if it looks like a giant robot but not a person it's probably a Mobile Armor, or MA.
Minovsky, pn.; A researcher famous for his work on the self-titled Minovsky Particles which run almost all of the tech in UC Gundam, the largest part of the franchise. Beam weapons are made by generating a plasma of Minovsky Particles, they're used to jam radar, they can be used to fly, and so on.
Newtype, n.; The much-touted "next evolution of humanity". Might be magic, might be a mutation. Newtypes possess heightened spatial awareness and empathy, with many being borderline (or outright) psychic or able to divine the future (Judau, the most powerful Newtype until Unicorn came along and hosed everything up was able to speak with the dead on at least one occasion). The actual meaning of the term got incredibly muddled as the franchise went on, but basically everyone of import is a Newtype. This has a mechanical function I'll discuss in detail later.
Funnels, Bits, and INCOMs, n; Weapons mounted on giant robots that attack by remote control. The distinction between Funnels and Bits is largely irrelevant (Bits have their own power supply and Funnels leech off the unit's power) but the point is that they're Newtype-only because a Newtype can command them with their brainwaves and extraordinary spatial awareness. A major player in the original Gundam series, Lalah Sune, used her Funnels to earn her the epiphet "Ghost of Solomon". INCOMs are like Funnels but they use really cool-looking crazy wire things that let them be controlled by Oldtypes (Newtypes can still use them better, though; you may be sensing a theme here).

Update 01: OVER Impact

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

G Gundam and Gundam Build Fighters. :colbert:

Looks good, though! I tried to play the GBA one once upon a time.

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI
G-Gen Advance is actually the first G-Gen game that I picked up and it's a lot of fun. Switching to this game was a bit of a culture shock since everything about it is different, from how battles work to how you capture enemy units. If you get the opportunity, G-Generation DS is basically a remake of Monoeye Gundams for the Wonderswan; it runs on the same engine as G-Gen advance but the plot is a lot more involved and the series list is a lot wider, plus it has a route split where you get to play as Zeon instead of Feddie Scum. I'm actually worse at operating the menus in english than I am in Japanese, though.

Andy Waltfeld
Dec 18, 2009
Could be worse, you could've actually started at Monoeye like me and had to take ages to decompress your kanji squinting from the Wonderswan's "16 pixels square for an inch-square ideogram" schema.

Fellow mecha LP dorks in the thread may remember me from a SRW Z2.2 LP that went belly-up after a bad fit of Route Split Paralysis. Ace was actually my primary photographer for that run, and I'll more than likely be taking up the "silent partner" role when we go to live thread, collating Robot Roll Calls and the like. We should be able to go a lot deeper into this game since

A) the translation patch for OVERworld is leagues more robust than the slipshod SEA ESL patch I was using for Z2.2, and
B) I won't be encumbered by a soul-crushing work schedule right as Ace will be rendered incommunicado by relocating to/from university.

If playthroughs line up right, I might be able to port my save into PPSSPP at appropriate points and do downtime/side showcase updates. (I'd be doing supplemental photog myself, but I'm doing the meat of my personal run through ARK and it won't allow me to take Vita screencaps. I can, at present, confirm that not only do the VO overrun issues on PPSSPP persist on Vita, they're still a running concern in G-Genesis.)

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI

Andy Waltfeld posted:

Fellow mecha LP dorks in the thread may remember me from a SRW Z2.2 LP that went belly-up after a bad fit of Route Split Paralysis.

Part of the problem is that I actually lost access to the computer my files were on and by the time I was able to get my hands on it again it had been formatted, so I lost everything. :negative:

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Want to fly a high-flying, death-dealing war machine? Want to take to the skies with the Mighty Eighth? Want to die a sudden, horrible, death?

Well then do I have the game for you!

"B-17: Queen of the Skies" was originally a boardgame. Then, it got put on VASSAL and someone made an emulator for it.

The game covers the Allied strategic bombing campaign from August 1942 to May 1945. The game itself is pretty simple. You move to each target through zones. At each zone, dice are rolled and tables are consulted. This determines weather and flak. It also determines the number, type, and location of German fighters. Will it be FW-190s from 12 o’clock high or BF-110s from 6 o’clock level? We’ll see!

You can find a good explanation of the rules in c355n4’s excellent LP of this game.

You will be the crew of a B-17 bomber, trying to fly 25 missions and be rotated home. We’ll be starting in November 1942 and flying as long as we have goons, planes, and a war to fight.

We will be flying with the 427th Bombardment Squadron of the 303rd Bombardment Group (Heavy), the “Hell’s Angels.” In real life, both formations had quite the history. Early in the war, the 427th was shot up at Pearl Harbor. In fact, radar operators mistook the incoming Japanese attack planes for the schedule approach of the B-17s! Transferred to the ETO, it flew B-17s until the end of the war. Meanwhile the 303rd BG had quite the record of its own. One of its B-17s, also called Hell’s Angels, was the first 8th Air Force B-17 to fly 25 missions, beating the more famous Memphis Belle by six days. One lucky B-17, the Knock-out Dropper did even better and was the first aircraft in Eighth Air Force to complete 50, and later, 75 missions. The group would ultimately fly over 300 combat missions, more than any other B-17 group of the war.

We’ll see if we can match up to the record. To keep things historical, we’ll be flying missions on the same days and against the same targets as the real 303rd BG. We also won’t have reliable fighter escort for every mission early in the war, at least not until the long-legged P-51D Mustangs can be our Little Friends and cover us all the way to Berlin.

I’ve made a few additions of my own to the rules.

Some special rules:
Rule 1: Serious Wounds If you get a Serious Wound on a mission, you have two options. If you get hit and survive the mission, I will ask you which one you want to pick:

A) Return home and train new aircrews. You’ll survive the war, but you’ll miss out on the chance to win medals and keep hitting the Nazis where it hurts.
B) Get back in the fight, although you’ll miss the next two missions while you recover from wounds.

Rule 2: Aborting and Descending Pilots and Co-pilots, things will go wrong in flight. Engines will get hit, cockpit heating will go out, oxygen will fail and radios will break. When this happens, the game will ask if you want to abort the mission and/or descend to a lower altitude.

There are risks and rewards to this. If you abort the mission, you will not get credit for the mission. Abort too often and you’ll get court-martialed and sentenced to hard labor. But if you don’t abort when, say, your heating fails -- your crew could get frostbite and lose fingers. If you choose to descend after your oxygen or some other vital system gets hit – you’ll be a straggler. In the warmer air, your crew won’t get frostbite. And now out of the tight box formation, you can try to evade enemy fighters. But you’re more likely to attract attention from the Luftwaffe.

Pilots, here is what I need to know from you. Are you:
  • Fearless – Never abort! Never descend!
  • Brave – Abort when major systems fail, push on otherwise.
  • Cautious – You want to get home and you realize that means you have to complete missions. But you tend to err on the side of caution when things break…
  • Cowardly – That screw looks a little out of place, we must abort!!! If we can’t abort, the box formation is the safest place to stay…
  • Something else – Well, you tell me.

Rule 3: Rank Pilots, you have the choice of choosing your rank. You can be a lowly First Lieutenant all the way up to a lofty Colonel. Rank has its privileges, of course. You’ll be more likely to get medals. You’re be the first in line to get a better variant of bomber. Pretty nurses will take a second look at you. Officer’s club booze is pretty good. But it also has its drawbacks. Higher ranking officers have to lead by example, so you’ll be flying the lead ship more often. That makes you a juicy target…

Pilots, tell me. Are you a:
Ordinary Pilot: 1St Lieutenant, Captain
Squadron Leader: Major or Lieutenant Colonel
Group Leader: Colonel

Rule 4: Promotions The more missions you fly and the better you do, you’ll be eligible for promotions. I’ve homebrewed a table that will decide if you get promotions. If you get bombs on target and score kills, it will help your chances. If you abort a lot and miss targets, the promotion board won’t look too kindly on that.

Rule 5: Medals The game has a system for giving out medals, but it’s rather stingy. So I’m going to be adding on to it. I’ve homebrewed yet another table for medals, but I’ll also be giving out awards if it fits the narrative. If a crewman manages to crash-land his burning airplane in Berlin, escape capture and paddle his way home in a rubber dinghy, he’s drat well getting an award.

Here are the medals you can earn:
  • Medal of Honor
  • Distinguished Service Cross
  • Silver Star
  • Distinguished Flying Cross
  • Bronze Star with “V” Device for Valor
  • Air Medal

Rule 6: New Aircraft New variants of bombers are being cranked out at a rapid rate. The B-17E will be replaced by the B-17F and so on. New bombers have more guns and fly higher and faster. Top-performing units, decorated crews, and senior officers will be the first to get a crack at the new bombers. When new bombers like the B-17G historically appear, I’ll roll on a homebrew table to see if you’re offered the chance to fly the upgraded bomber. The pilots can choose to take it or leave it.

It wouldn’t be a proper LP if goons couldn’t win death or glory. Sign up in the spreadsheet HERE for a slot on our first two B-17E bombers: Goon Night and Good Luck and Goon Tidings to You

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1whBA0BdCHk7BcCu4f15QRzxSuxNhZ6vhAZ_E_Exn6A4/edit#gid=0

Tell me if you want to be a:
Pilot or Co-Pilot – Flies the plane. Make sure to tell me you rank (1LT, CPT, etc.) and personality (i.e. cautious, etc.)
Navigator – Gets the B-17 to the target…or gets the crew lost.
Bombardier – Over the target, he uses the top-secret Norden bombsight to literally fly the plane and drop the bombs.
Engineer -- Fixes the plane if things break in-flight, also doubles as the Dorsal Turret gunner
Radio Operator – Radios reports to home base and other B-17s. On the B-17E and B-17F, he also has a .50 cal he shoots through his hatch.
Gunner -- There are four gunners on a B-17 – the ball turret gunner, tail gunner, and two waist gunners.

If you don’t make it aboard, don’t worry! Add your name to the reserve list. You’ll be filling dead men‘s shoes airborne in no time!

If any creative goons want to make nose art for our bombers or come up with names and art for other bombers, post it in the thread!

Watch this space.

Current Bombers:
Bomber #1: Goon Night and Good Luck
Pilot
Co-Pilot
Navigator
Bombardier
Engineer
Radio Operator
Ball Turret Gunner
Right Waist Gunner
Left Waist Gunner
Tail Gunner

Bomber #2: Goon Tidings to You
Pilot
Co-Pilot
Navigator
Bombardier
Engineer
Radio Operator
Ball Turret Gunner
Right Waist Gunner
Left Waist Gunner
Tail Gunner

Lost Bombers and Crew:

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 17, 2017

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

The game follows this basic flowchart, which I have shamelessly stolen from the internet. The rule book is still copyright by Avalon Hill, so I won’t be posting it. Thankfully the basic rules are pretty simple. There’s lots of tables and everything is settled by rolling 2d6.

Here’s how the game is supposed to be played (along with the tweaks I’ve made to improve the narrative and be truer to history).

Step One: Roll for Target City. We’re going to be skipping this step and just going with the 303rd’s historical missions. The first missions are simpler. As the war goes on, things get harder…

Each target is in a given zone. Early in the war, our fighter cover will only escort us up to Zone 4. As time goes on, we’ll get fighter cover deeper and deeper into Occupied Europe.

Step Two: Roll for formation position. Our squadron be in the High, Middle, or Low Squadron. Whenever possible, I’ll try to use the 457th Bomb Squadron’s actual placement. Then we roll for the Lead, Middle or Tail position in the formation. Because of the houserules, higher-ranking officers have a much higher chance of chance of being the vulnerable lead position.

Step Three: Move into a zone. Each target is a certain number of zones away from our home base.

Step Four: Once in a zone, roll for friendly Fighter Cover (only in Zones 2-4, with fighter escort going deeper later in the war), then roll for attacking waves of enemy fighters. Enemy fighters can approach us from 1 to 12 o’clock and get hit us from low, level, or high. If we have escorts, then we roll for friendly escort success in driving off enemy fighters (again, only in zones 2-4). We do this every time we enter a new zone.

Step Five: Once in the zone, roll for defensive fire. See if gunners can score hits on the attackers.

Step Six: Roll for enemy fire. If they hit, calculate damage. This can be fatal and blow up the plane. It can Lightly Wound, Seriously Wound, or Kill crew members. Or it can cause damage that forces us to drop out of formation. If it’s serious, we may be given the chance to abort and head home.

Step Seven: Over the target, we roll for flak. If we get hit, we calculate the percentage of bombs that hit the target.

Steps Eight: We return home, calculating enemy fighters, damage, and the rest of things with each new zone we enter.

Steps Nine: Roll to land at base. If we’re badly damaged, we might crash and die.

Step Ten: Roll to calculate fate of wounded airmen. Wounded airmen may return to duty, they may be invalided home. Or they may die.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
You should probably make an example update of actual gameplay, imagine you have goons who gave orders, and show us what it would look like. But those posts look good to me.

Also, shouldn't you be doing your job as a French general in the battle of St. Croissants right now? :colbert:

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Just thought I'd mention the entire of the Sin & Punishment lp in the archives is missing because the videos were on vimeo.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

Just thought I'd mention the entire of the Sin & Punishment lp in the archives is missing because the videos were on vimeo.

Baldurk really needs to make that internet archive banner bigger or more noticeable or something

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Color Printer posted:

Baldurk really needs to make that internet archive banner bigger or more noticeable or something

It'll still be a banner, and will therefore go unnoticed

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

It's here, this is the thing hidden with a top-of-the-art stealth field.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The way it's a banner and right next to the advertising banners gives it the perfect stealth capabilities.

Next april fool's baldurk should give it sunglasses and a mustache.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Color Printer posted:

Like, make it flash / vibrate, or play a sound :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Pierzak posted:

Like, make it flash / vibrate, or play a sound :v:
"Congratulations, you've won!"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

PMush Perfect posted:

"Congratulations, you've won!"

lets play milord

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

LP Request: Whatever lovely game was actually behind those banner ads

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

PMush Perfect posted:

LP Request: Whatever lovely game was actually behind those banner ads

It was evony, and it was a lovely browser based kingdom builder back before smartphones were as popular as they are now

I tried it once, saw the price packages and laughed

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

boy are my arms tired posted:

It was evony, and it was a lovely browser based kingdom builder back before smartphones were as popular as they are now

I tried it once, saw the price packages and laughed

It's still around, and had a Superbowl ad this year.

No :lol: big enough.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kerning Chameleon posted:

It's still around, and had a Superbowl ad this year.

Different game, same "cum play milord :wmwink:" theme. Enovy has come and gone, like the dreams of dying men

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
I just recently started a playthrough of final fantasy 7. I googled in hopes of finding an SA thread to discuss the game. The only thread I found was a locked thread and a link to the archive page.

https://lparchive.org/Final-Fantasy-VII/Update%2015/

I did some reading and then some more. Now I'm 2 hours into just reading and it has been a widely entertaining read and I play to read all of it as I gradually make my way through the game. The page mentions the option to donate money for the archive page but I couldn't find more information on where to do that. I just want to throw a few bucks their way for the high quality article.

LesBeardly
Jul 4, 2010

BEST BALLS ON SA AWARD
Any A/V issues with this? Kind of a departure from how I've done stuff in the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VALntwLza1c

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Catberry posted:

I just recently started a playthrough of final fantasy 7. I googled in hopes of finding an SA thread to discuss the game. The only thread I found was a locked thread and a link to the archive page.

https://lparchive.org/Final-Fantasy-VII/Update%2015/

I did some reading and then some more. Now I'm 2 hours into just reading and it has been a widely entertaining read and I play to read all of it as I gradually make my way through the game. The page mentions the option to donate money for the archive page but I couldn't find more information on where to do that. I just want to throw a few bucks their way for the high quality article.

I think you might be misunderstanding something here. The letsplays on lparchive.org have not been done by baldurk, the person who runs the site. They have been done by all kinds of people on these forums. As it's not allowed to 'shill for donations' for an LP, all LPs are done completely voluntarily. So, if you were to donate to lparchive, no money would go to the people who made that LP. It would go to maintenance of the archive site instead. The LP makers wouldn't mind because they never asked for/expected money in the first place.

In case you do want to donate to baldurk for the maintenance of the LP archive, which I do think is a worthy place to put your money - I honestly have no idea where to do that, or whether he even accepts donations at this time. But he reads this thread so I'm sure he can answer this question.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Carbon dioxide posted:

I think you might be misunderstanding something here. The letsplays on lparchive.org have not been done by baldurk, the person who runs the site. They have been done by all kinds of people on these forums. As it's not allowed to 'shill for donations' for an LP, all LPs are done completely voluntarily. So, if you were to donate to lparchive, no money would go to the people who made that LP. It would go to maintenance of the archive site instead. The LP makers wouldn't mind because they never asked for/expected money in the first place.

In case you do want to donate to baldurk for the maintenance of the LP archive, which I do think is a worthy place to put your money - I honestly have no idea where to do that, or whether he even accepts donations at this time. But he reads this thread so I'm sure he can answer this question.

Right that's what I mean. For the site.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

There's an e-mail listed on the site, try emailing them and asking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

LesBeardly posted:

Any A/V issues with this? Kind of a departure from how I've done stuff in the past.

Seems good tech-wise.