Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i think the thing that annoys me the most about this game is that it shows the week's bonus arena units as their in-battle tiny kawaii~~ forms. i am never going to expend the brain cells to memorize the subtle difference in hair color between Precious Waifu #24 and Effeminate Teenage Boy #35 who totally looks like her

As my friend told me when I showed him a screenshot of this game: "It looks very Android"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I want to take whoever designed that map that's just a big checkerboard with impassible pillars and fire them into the sun.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I want to take whoever designed that map that's just a big checkerboard with impassible pillars and fire them into the sun.

This but the map that separates your units to opposite corners

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it's more that i only use a small fraction of my units on a regular basis, and the fact that the only place outside of battle that you can see the in-battle unit icons is on the arena bonus units list. so unless im going to spend the time to memorize the kawaii icons for a bunch of characters i don't use, if the bonus units list doesn't have anyone i recognize it's a PITA to try and cross-check a bunch of units to make sure i do/don't have anyone on the list. it's simply bad UI design

I'll back you up on this. It took me a while to figure out if I had that pegasus knight for the arena bonus. Is it Caeda? Shanna? Catria? I don't loving know!!! Why can't I just long press on this shitter to get her name or something. It didn't help that the only way I could compare the ingame icon is by refreshing my home page and hoping they show up in the castle.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I upgraded my castle just to stare at the carpet.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it's more that i only use a small fraction of my units on a regular basis, and the fact that the only place outside of battle that you can see the in-battle unit icons is on the arena bonus units list. so unless im going to spend the time to memorize the kawaii icons for a bunch of characters i don't use, if the bonus units list doesn't have anyone i recognize it's a PITA to try and cross-check a bunch of units to make sure i do/don't have anyone on the list. it's simply bad UI design

Welcome to mobile gaming, where the jaded devs cant be bothered with relaying any information about anything to the player due to the overwhelming number of users getting all news and info from wikis/reddit and datamining.

Edit: I realize that most wikis actually use the large art for characters and dont bother with the in-game version.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm traveling right now so I'm not doing much beside spending swords as they come in, but I feel like I'm seeing a lot fewer Takumis/Robins (yay) and fewer Manakete stacking teams (boo). People also seem to have gotten the message that Hector is bad on defense, too. Weirdly, I'm seeing a lot more Minervas instead for whatever reason.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Robin's map is out now. It's similar to Narcian's in that the hardest part is pulling safely.

Robin herself has Gronnwolf, Defiant Res, Blue Tomebreaker, and Ignis. Dunno what her level 40 stats are, but she seems bad to me at first glance. Being able to nuke mounted units (and blue tome wielders I guess) seems a bit overspecialized, especially since A) mounted units have lower total stats compared to other units, unlike armorslayer or dragonslayer which are actually useful, and B) other green mages are good at killing blue tome users anyway.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The goofy-rear end adult tiki/hawkeye/fir/maria banner is real

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Focus: Battling Robin

yes, the characters most well known for battling Robin are Hawkeye, Fir, Tiki and Maria

that would've been a great opportunity for a Gangrel, Validar, Walhart and Aversa banner

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

Focus: Battling Robin

yes, the characters most well known for battling Robin are Hawkeye, Fir, Tiki and Maria

that would've been a great opportunity for a Gangrel, Validar, Walhart and Aversa banner

The banner ends on the 27th so it's just for the robin event

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
At least it's second to the main banner. Guess that means some real stuff will roll out soon.

Probably worth just leveling FemRobin for future bonus unit possibility I guess.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
FRobin looks kinda trash. I mean, not Cecilia-tier trash, but jeez.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Is Hawkeye any good? If so I might do a summon on this banner and just skip any red stones I get, since all I really want right now is better blues and Nino anyway.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Just finished my first-ever perfect arena run, at 4576.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Is Hawkeye any good? If so I might do a summon on this banner and just skip any red stones I get, since all I really want right now is better blues and Nino anyway.

Hawkeye is bad. Low defense and 22 speed. Any meaningful red unit doubles and kills him. His ability takes too long to charge even with a killer axe.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Much as I want Hawkeye its probably not worth it to throw away the accumulated 5* chances on the other banner. :sigh: And his usefulness is kinda dubious too.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
My Felicia is at level 30. A hold over for the first Arena team I was running. I'm going to level her a bit and easy mode this Robin map.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I kept holding out hope for Hawkeye because he is one of the few 4* Axe dudes I got, but he just seems really bad. Doesn't even hit that hard, too slow to double most things and weak defenses. His level up quote for a perfect/near-perfect level is pretty amazing, though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The robin map is kind of awful. You don't get enough room to move your units around at all or even bait the enemy out properly, but anyone who manages to get out is just going to get destroyed by wizards instantly.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It's exactly the same as Narcian's map, isn't it?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Lord Ephraim posted:

Hawkeye is bad. Low defense and 22 speed. Any meaningful red unit doubles and kills him. His ability takes too long to charge even with a killer axe.

Bleh, guess I'm waiting another four days for the banner change to summon again then. Hopefully there'll be good blue/green units in focus then.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Clarste posted:

It's exactly the same as Narcian's map, isn't it?

Not really, the choke is much more constricted and you can't use fliers or pulling back to really get out of dodge. I'm guessing that the secret is to have someone with that staff that heals proportional to damage taken or the skill that swaps hp and one or two people that can push relentlessly forward.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The secret is to just throw Tiki in the middle and have her tank everything, same as Narcian's map

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I just threw Nino into the front lines, killing the axe guy and tanking two mages.

Also, you can use the exact same Nino + Dancer + Draw Back trick that worked in Narcian's map. Not that I did.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Hawkeye was a really useful lure for the Robin map. For some reason the blue tome user moves first and blocks the red tome user's way, preventing the OHKO and allowing him to survive the assault. He also begins the next round with his special move fully charged

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

akulanization posted:

Not really, the choke is much more constricted and you can't use fliers or pulling back to really get out of dodge. I'm guessing that the secret is to have someone with that staff that heals proportional to damage taken or the skill that swaps hp and one or two people that can push relentlessly forward.

Yeah, and it doesn't help that it starts with all of your dudes lined up so you don't even have the freedom to move them around without spending like three turns slowly shifting people about.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

All the banner characters have high Res and/or some sort of Res synergy, making them theoretically the answer to Robin's map. That's why the banner is called "Fighting Robin."

Clarste fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 23, 2017

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
The mages have 36 atk. 4* Felicia has 35 res. Like I said, Felicia is easy mode.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
"This banner sucks" I said as I roll for my bf Hawkeye

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
The way I did it was with a team of Hawkeye (had before event so fully levelled), Kagero, Azura and Lucina (who did nothing this map). At the T junction chokepoint, Azura moved to very front of chokepoint with Hawk behind her and Lucy and Kag on either side of Hawk. After a turn of buffing Hawk's Res via Azura, moved him one square in front of Az then danced him northwards but not engaging then moved Kag up into Hawk's old place behind Az. The blue Mage hit Hawk for double 0, the green axe hit for like 5 and the Red Mage nearly killed but activated his ability. The spearman and Robin moved forwards via the south pass.

Kag then killed the axe user, Hawk killed the Red Mage with his special+combat damage, Kag got danced and killed Robin. The next turn the blue Mage hit Hawk again for nothing while he spear user nearly killed Kag. Hawk cleaned up the Mage and Kag killed the spearman with a dance support from Az.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Four 3*s, and the only 4* was my third Robin. The only good thing from the batch was maybe CorrinF.

I want to like this game (and the developers putting so much energy into new events and quests helps) but those gacha pulls can be pretty disheartening.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Trihugger posted:

The mages have 36 atk. 4* Felicia has 35 res. Like I said, Felicia is easy mode.

Felicia is my wife.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

I did the event by having a Julia bait the aggro, the one I had survived with exactly one hp, then have a Whrys heal her up to full after a smite unit pushed a flier onto the hole in the floor. The flier and Julia cleaned up the lance and the red tome user, which left the axe by itself for an easy mop up.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Rolled in Tiki (Y) onto the first aggro space, she survives and almost kills the axe that attacks her. Then it's pretty easy to take apart the rest with a balanced team and a dancer.

Is there anywhere we can figure out what kind of FRobin we've got? If she's some garbage -Spd one I'm not spending the feathers.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Rolled in Tiki (Y) onto the first aggro space, she survives and almost kills the axe that attacks her. Then it's pretty easy to take apart the rest with a balanced team and a dancer.

Is there anywhere we can figure out what kind of FRobin we've got? If she's some garbage -Spd one I'm not spending the feathers.

Quest units are always neutral afaik

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

sassassin posted:

Quest units are always neutral afaik

Then the question is whether I use her or Nino as my green mage/potential Camilla replacement.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Then the question is whether I use her or Nino as my green mage/potential Camilla replacement.

Nino seems a lot better even without a lot of buff synergy

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Andrast posted:

Nino seems a lot better even without a lot of buff synergy

Yeah it looks like it. Goddamn I was really hoping she'd be running the green version of the Bludraven for more Takumi countering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Geez FRobin's skillset is a mess.