Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
How come all these fighters always forget how to wrestle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/Jason_Floyd/status/834618922892718081

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CommonShore posted:

I hate how those cunts have an unrelated autoplaying video on every one of their articles.

yeah, I won't even look at it unless it's on my home computer with adblock

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

God drat. Wouldn't that be considered a kick though? Outside of the Chael-cast I know gently caress all about real wrestling.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Bellator sues UFC

http://www.sportingnews.com/other-sports/news/bellator-lawsuit-ufc-antitrust-nevada-contracts-exclusivity/o4jqfdo6mj0a1bru78fnvr3fg

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Cool, got any links to any slightly less lovely websites talking about a routine counter-suit for an injunction in a two-year-old case?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Memento is not having anybody's poo poo today.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i come home from a hard days work and lord waffle loving beard is posting some trumped up poo poo on a bad webzone

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Memento posted:

Cool, got any links to any slightly less lovely websites talking about a routine counter-suit for an injunction in a two-year-old case?

Nope suck my dick

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

RIP Goldie never forget

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Roy Jones Jr. wants to fight Anderson Silva on the hypothetical McGregor-Mayweather card

The logistics of all four of them coming to an agreement sounds like a long shot, but we can possibly watch a modern great and an all-time P4P great fighter get humiliated back to back in the same night

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Dan Didio posted:

Memento is not having anybody's poo poo today.

C-69 motherfucker DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

chaleski posted:

Roy Jones Jr. wants to fight Anderson Silva on the hypothetical McGregor-Mayweather card

The logistics of all four of them coming to an agreement sounds like a long shot, but we can possibly watch a modern great and an all-time P4P great fighter get humiliated back to back in the same night

this is resembling this more and more

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali_vs._Antonio_Inoki

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

kimbo305 posted:

Doing kickboxing for as long as I have has absolutely taken some of the fun out of MMA and football for me :(

Yeah, after my first Flowers for Algernon post-concussion moment at work, I pulled way back from striking practice.

Sometimes I feel like I should have pushed harder to compete before I washed out due to injuries. And then I remember what it took to get where I am in my non-MMA career, and I don't feel so bad about avoiding that much potential brain damage.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Joanna Champion will fight Andrade at UFC 211

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Rigel posted:

Joanna Champion will fight Andrade at UFC 211

Joanna going to add another scalp to her belt. It will be a good fight though.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Trast posted:

Andrade did not gas as hard as I would have expected her to in her last fight. Joanna will still win but it might look more like the Gadelha 2 than Esparza.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Trast posted:

That's a great fight. I'm gonna go with Joanna but I think this might end up being Joanna's most dangerous opponent if she gets sucked into a brawl with Andrade at any point.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Andrade is more dangerous than Gadelha, and no champion has ever defended in Dallas.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Joanna should be favored, but Andrade is definitely capable of beating her. I'd say Joanna should be like a -180 favorite.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

It will certainly be a tough fight. Hopefully one where we the fan are the real winners.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
The thing in this fight is that Joanna is very hittable and can be taken down. She just has a great chin and is good at getting up. Gadelha took the fight to her pretty hard in the early rounds and Joanna was only able to run away with it once Gadelha was worn down and Joanna could punch her a lot without as much interruption.

I think Andrade is physically stronger than Gadelha and, like I said before, her gas tank is better than I expected given her size. If she can hit Joanna a bunch and also take her down with decent frequency, I could see the first 3-4 rounds being difficult for Joanna and hard to score overall. I still think Joanna will win but I don't think it will be the sort of stunning beatdown that people have come to expect from her.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I'm nervous for Joanna Champion. It's a challenging fight.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I love JJ but I think Andrade is gonna win

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Lloyd Boner posted:

Yes. But opposite. I think my favorite polish lady is gonna win after taking damage the first three rounds and Andrade gassing.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Andrade is gonna get cut to bits on her way in and JJ will Diaz her to victory.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I'll have to rewatch it, but if I think Hill had a good game plan of keeping Andrade on the outside and circling away as Andrade tried to march into the pocket. Hill was just unable to stick to it and ended up in a crazy war with Andrade.

I think Joanna has the footwork, cardio, and skill to actually implement that plan and keep it effective over 5 rounds. That said if she gets pull into the same brawl of a fight as Hill I feel like Andrade could finish her.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 23, 2017

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
uh holy poo poo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Every single jj fight is her getting wrestled for a round and then her beating the poo poo out of her gassed opponent.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Captain Log posted:

God drat. Wouldn't that be considered a kick though? Outside of the Chael-cast I know gently caress all about real wrestling.

Would what be considered a kick?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
dude in red is clearly performing a mobn sprawl

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Fifthace posted:

uh holy poo poo

I don't get it does this mean I have to go to the b league thread?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Log posted:

They'd probably let it go as a trip but it looks like a kick for sure

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Lloyd Boner posted:

Assuming Andrade doesn't piss hot you mean.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dangersim posted:

Would what be considered a kick?

I think he means the dude who ends up on the bottom's kick/trip attempt as the other dude does a sick backflip takedown.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

I think he means the dude who ends up on the bottom's kick/trip as the other dude does a sick backflip takedown.

Oh yeah that's just a footsweep.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Glenn Quebec posted:

I don't get it does this mean I have to go to the b league thread?

terry etim went nuts and started hurling himself into oncoming traffic

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

He walked into traffic and got HIT BY A BUS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Who the gently caress is Terry etim

• Locked thread