Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
rig up a claw hanging down from spider cables in the middle of the stadium which drops the ball at the beginning of each quarter, problem solved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

snaeksikn posted:

rig up a claw hanging down from spider cables in the middle of the stadium which drops the ball at the beginning of each quarter, problem solved

Even better, don't drop the ball and instead supply the field with tables, ladders and chairs

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Premiership won by Hawthorn after signing the entire aerial acrobatic team from the now defunct Ringling Bros circus on category B rookie deals

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Have a dedicated ball bouncer umpire who only bounces the ball and does nothing else. Then have the rest of the umps throw it up when needed.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Scrap bouncing the ball it serves no purpose but to occasionally delay the game while they regather the ball and throw it instead.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Turn it into a celebrity tradition ala the first pitch

This way we can laugh at various lollies who do a bad job of it

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

Have a dedicated ball bouncer umpire who only bounces the ball and does nothing else. Then have the rest of the umps throw it up when needed.

That guys shoulders, back and hamstrings will be hosed

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Am I the only one who thinks the bounce should be brought back for all ball ups?

We sit around complaining about "congestion" then provide the rucks the easiest possible way to continue congesting it with short taps. Add some randomness back into it drat it!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Set the footy in the middle of the center square and let the players run to grab it when the siren goes off.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Volkerball posted:

Set the footy in the middle of the center square and let the players run to grab it when the siren goes off.

Set multiples footies in the middle of the ground and teams have to rush to get them, dodge ball style

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Nutsngum posted:

Am I the only one who thinks the bounce should be brought back for all ball ups?

We sit around complaining about "congestion" then provide the rucks the easiest possible way to continue congesting it with short taps. Add some randomness back into it drat it!

It'll be fun when there's a bad bounce and all the midfielders run away from the ball so they don't get pinged under the new 3rd man up ban.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

snaeksikn posted:

Set multiples footies in the middle of the ground and teams have to rush to get them, dodge ball style

We'll call it chaosballs

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Nutsngum posted:

gently caress that

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Now that I think about it, the only time I actually take any notice of the ball being bounced is when they gently caress it up.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Nutsngum posted:

As somebody playing country footy ruck (poorly) where ball-ups can vary wildly in quality, yeah, no thanks. That isn't exactly fun for anyone.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Hahahahahahaha suck a gently caress you piss drinking idiot David Koch.

After all the loving bullshit maneuvering you did to make Gold Coast give up their home game for your China experiment, you try to also get them to wear their away strip so your opposition won't be playing in the colours of the chinese flag.

You chuck a massive tantrum about it and threaten them and then the AFL tells you to sit the gently caress down because Gold Coast are entitled to wear their home strip for their home game.

What a loving embarassing nong of a president.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

They also made a big deal out of taking over an already functioning women's team in the state ammos, and taking over the women's academy from the SANFL, to which the SANFL replied thanks for offering to help, but we're still running the academy, and the ammo team is so well supported by Port that it was kicked out for a year for failing to pay fees, and - according to people involved with other teams - doesn't have enough players to make a team more often than not, and the first season of the SANFL Women's league is instead being contested by Norwood, North Adelaide, West Adelaide, and Glenelg.

Apparently a press conference and a photo op with Erin Phillips in a port guernsey was about as far as it went.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Feb 22, 2017

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
How many grounds could they even do the centre bounce before drop in wickets & a better understanding of drainage?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Solemn Sloth posted:

Hahahahahahaha suck a gently caress you piss drinking idiot David Koch.

After all the loving bullshit maneuvering you did to make Gold Coast give up their home game for your China experiment, you try to also get them to wear their away strip so your opposition won't be playing in the colours of the chinese flag.

You chuck a massive tantrum about it and threaten them and then the AFL tells you to sit the gently caress down because Gold Coast are entitled to wear their home strip for their home game.

What a loving embarassing nong of a president.

NTRabbit posted:

They also made a big deal out of taking over an already functioning women's team in the state ammos, and taking over the women's academy from the SANFL, to which the SANFL replied thanks for offering to help, but we're still running the academy, and the ammo team is so well supported by Port that it was kicked out for a year for failing to pay fees, and - according to people involved with other teams - doesn't have enough players to make a team more often than not, and the first season of the SANFL Women's league is instead being contested by Norwood, North Adelaide, West Adelaide, and Glenelg.

Apparently a press conference and a photo op with Erin Phillips in a port guernsey was about as far as it went.

dude comes across as a deadset peanut, hopefully he has the influence at Port to be impossible to remove and runs his lovely club into the ground

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

gay picnic defence posted:

dude comes across as a deadset peanut, hopefully he has the influence at Port to be impossible to remove and runs his lovely club into the ground

He saved the club...

... so he could kill it himself

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
:siren: 1 month until the 2017 (men's) season starts :siren:

monolithburger fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 23, 2017

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

monolithburger posted:

:siren: 1 month until the 2017 (men's) season starts :siren:

Plz no

There's no way I'm gonna be fit enough for selection by then

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

hiddenmovement posted:

Plz no

There's no way I'm gonna be fit enough for selection by then

Just put "Played for GWS" on your resume and tell Carlton you are available. You'll get a game no problem.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Cue thousands of idiot standbyhirders saying Sydney should be banned and it's all an AFL conspiracy

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

Cue thousands of idiot standbyhirders saying Sydney should be banned and it's all an AFL conspiracy

Aren't they already appealing the appeal or some crap based on 'new evidence' or something? As you can tell I was very interested in yet more drug saga so I gave it a lot of attention.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Periphery posted:

Aren't they already appealing the appeal or some crap based on 'new evidence' or something? As you can tell I was very interested in yet more drug saga so I gave it a lot of attention.

Some group not affiliated with the club have appealed to the minister to review the case (there's actually a bit of support for this, the Greens want some sort of review into the way ASADA handled the case). Some other group also not affiliated with the club have sent a bunch of writs to the AFL demanding something.

Meanwhile the club is pretty keen to move on, as are most fans.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
If some people external and separate to the club in whatever capacity want to appeal, or hell, not appeal, just investigate ASADA's investigation as to how it was bungled/made worse than it should have been - hey go for it. Even though Essendon's shoddy book keeping and Hird's appealing etc made ASADA's job 10x harder. If it's Essendon themselves, gently caress right off. What would appealing AGAIN achieve? You can't take back the time the players were suspended. If you cleared the name/got Jobe's medal back...eh, I'd say the ability to move on here and now means more. That said, I doubt Essendon want anything more to do with it themselves now. They've settled all the lawsuits, the suspensions are done, the shitstains responsible are cleared out. As the kids like to sing - let it go, let it goooo

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

thepokey posted:

If some people external and separate to the club in whatever capacity want to appeal, or hell, not appeal, just investigate ASADA's investigation as to how it was bungled/made worse than it should have been - hey go for it. Even though Essendon's shoddy book keeping and Hird's appealing etc made ASADA's job 10x harder. If it's Essendon themselves, gently caress right off. What would appealing AGAIN achieve? You can't take back the time the players were suspended. If you cleared the name/got Jobe's medal back...eh, I'd say the ability to move on here and now means more. That said, I doubt Essendon want anything more to do with it themselves now. They've settled all the lawsuits, the suspensions are done, the shitstains responsible are cleared out. As the kids like to sing - let it go, let it goooo

It's not Essendon. They'd probably prefer these fan groups didn't bother at all because it just fills the back pages with stuff the club would much rather be moving on from.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Sorry I brought it up.

In other news: The Saints are looking like they will give Port a solid thrashing.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Hinkley doesn't need this job anyways

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

quote:

DANGERWOOD is dead. That's if it ever lived.

So says Geelong captain Joel Selwood, one half of the Cats' feared one-two midfield punch along with Brownlow medallist Patrick Dangerfield.

To opposition teams and fans, Dangerwood presents the biggest midfield challenge in the League.

Dangerwood is to be feared and stopped at all costs.

To Selwood, the moniker is a slight on other Geelong midfielders.

"It's so unfair to our other midfielders. They're better players than people give them credit for," he told AAP.

"We won 17 games last year and it's not just off the back of two players. We think they should get more respect."

lmao

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

HA!

Geelong has the most one dimensional midfield out of any finals threats. They don't exactly have much outside of those two and you can tell that the media struggle to name good kids for them when they bang on about Cockatoo

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Cockatoo loving rules

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

"We're not a two man team, we think the other midfielders that even I can't remember the names of deserve more respect. I think one of them might be called Guthy?"

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I was gonna ask about Josh Caddy but I guess he's with Richmond now. Did he ever get any good?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Volkerball posted:

I was gonna ask about Josh Caddy but I guess he's with Richmond now. Did he ever get any good?

He's a good solid inside mid. Nothing amazing.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Not really, no.

The small amount of attention I gave Geelong last year informs me that in the early part of the season Selwood was not at his (admittedly brilliant) best. Cats fans c/d?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Schlesische posted:

Not really, no.

The small amount of attention I gave Geelong last year informs me that in the early part of the season Selwood was not at his (admittedly brilliant) best. Cats fans c/d?

He missed 80% of the preseason or thereabouts

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Schlesische posted:

Not really, no.

Yeah got going about halfway through. We are one-dimensional but that one dimension still wins a lot. We got lucky with the draw last year and one of the best individual seasons I've ever seen In Danger. No way can we replicate second. We're a 5-8 side IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
It seems that http://www.footytips.com.au/ has some new T&Cs which require reactivating your account - just a case of logging into your existing account and ticking the box thingy.

Anyway, the comp details are the same as usual and as far as I can see everyone who was in it last year should be automatically re-entered.

• Locked thread