Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I saw this and chuckled a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

What ever happened to Roscoe and Brutus???

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Brutus is my old roommates dog. He's still kicking but he's four states away.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

TBeats posted:

Brutus is my old roommates dog. He's still kicking but he's four states away.

There's a lot of dogges in this thread named Brutus so I want to make it clear that I'm talking about the big rear end mastiff mix. Is that the one?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mak0rz posted:

There's a lot of dogges in this thread named Brutus so I want to make it clear that I'm talking about the big rear end mastiff mix. Is that the one?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

drat I'm gonna miss posts of that big lug

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Hmmm, we haven't seen much Roscoe or Dakota lately...

I wish Martello had stuck around to keep posting Bella.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Nor Tanky the bulldogge...

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Pouring out some kibble for the dogges no longer with us

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013
Here's a Dingo bath time pic for consideration.

If we can include his tragic backstory he would win in a landslide.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Leeloo was going to apply for the job until she fell asleep.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Monty or Pit-Pat

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Jokers Gamble posted:

Here's a Dingo bath time pic for consideration.

If we can include his tragic backstory he would win in a landslide.

Joy has a tragic back story, too. Dingo looks way too much like her

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

My favourite current thread dogs are Timothy and Zipper.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

rchandra posted:

My favourite current thread dogs are Timothy and Zipper. all the dogs

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Don't forget Sputnik.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I learned today that a man may shed a single tear for the death of his father, but will weep openly for his dog.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Don't forget Sputnik.

:shittydog:

Have a not-Sputnik Sputnik.

http://i.imgur.com/J1EpojF.mp4

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

WarpedNaba posted:

I learned today that a man may shed a single tear for the death of his father, but will weep openly for his dog.

Truth. I cried more when Gabe died than when my father died.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Now that is how you shop.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

They're mad you knocked down the blanket fort

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I have some pretty bad dreams. People getting blown up. People breaking into my house. poo poo like that. I'm used to them though and it's pretty easy for me to go back to sleep after a bit when I get woke up.

You know what nightmares keep me awake for the rest of the night?

Worst nightmare I've ever had was someone pinning me on the ground and forcing me to watch Monty get run over (in slow motion, no less).

Last night I had one where Monty got stabbed.

The gently caress is wrong with me?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Sounds like typical (pet) parent behavior to me.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Wasabi the J posted:

The trainer I had actually taught me a trick that a lot of dogs respond to. Start at sit, then point two fingers in a V at the pup, and lower your hand. I felt like I just did Croc Dundee's buffalo trick when it worked the first time I tried it.

Sputnik and Sophie actually have that one down pretty well.

Yeah, that's the hand signal we use for down anyway. I'm pretty sure she knows the command, but for whatever reason she's just stubborn about doing it. I can usually get her to follow my hand down with a treat inside but outside of that she refuses, and she won't down without me going down to the floor with her. My other dog will down immediately on the hand signal alone but we've had him from 8 weeks. The girl was already 6 months old when we got her and other than being amazingly housebroken she didn't have any commands so she is a work in progress.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Can I nominate Bruce?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

These are 3/6 of my parents dogs. The big one is a lab-dane max (Hooper), the smaller one in the foreground is Laverne, and the smallest one (on top of Hooper) is Shirley. Laverne and Shirley will knock a bone out of Hooper's mouth, then puppy-fight each other over who gets to chew on his teeth. He allows it too! They act like they belong to him, and he acts like they're his puppies. It's the cutest drat thing :kimchi:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

TBeats posted:

I have some pretty bad dreams. People getting blown up. People breaking into my house. poo poo like that. I'm used to them though and it's pretty easy for me to go back to sleep after a bit when I get woke up.

You know what nightmares keep me awake for the rest of the night?

Worst nightmare I've ever had was someone pinning me on the ground and forcing me to watch Monty get run over (in slow motion, no less).

Last night I had one where Monty got stabbed.

Hey man, this probably sounds like empty bullshit, and you've likely heard it a bunch, but we're here for each other.

Please get help if that poo poo keeps happening. It may feel little but it's definitely manageable with some proper brain doctoring.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Icon Of Sin posted:

These are 3/6 of my parents dogs. The big one is a lab-dane max (Hooper), the smaller one in the foreground is Laverne, and the smallest one (on top of Hooper) is Shirley. Laverne and Shirley will knock a bone out of Hooper's mouth, then puppy-fight each other over who gets to chew on his teeth. He allows it too! They act like they belong to him, and he acts like they're his puppies. It's the cutest drat thing :kimchi:

I didn't see Hooper at first. 13/10 very good dogge

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Hey cole I get nightmares like that all the time too. But somehow I had a good dream last night and mostly remembered it. The dream was I got a doggo :unsmith:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Sleeping on the couch after a good play time:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
My wonderful dogs, Hank and Betty. Hank is a mini Schnauzer and is 9 years old. Betty is a standard Schnauzer and is a 1 year old.

I love these two animals more than any human beings on this earth.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Tarkus' sleeping face always makes me think of the chasers from Parasite Eve for some reason.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

xорошая собака

TBeats posted:

You're a good human who loves his dogge :unsmith:

(seriously though seek help if they get out of hand, Monty would probably want that :glomp:)

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Gonna have to do as the thread title says. Have some Joy

All credit goes to my girlfriend for taking good pictures, my own are terrible. I'll ask her to get some pictures of her dog, next.

Edit: phone posting, fixed spelling

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 23, 2017

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
More peach

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Woof Blitzer posted:

Monty or Pit-Pat

Did I hear my name?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

TBeats posted:

Sounds like

Pettes,
Treats &
Snuggles
Disorder

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I guess I just consider PTSD to be only war dreams about being in the poo poo, maaaaaaan. These grisly dreams I have about my dog really freak me out.

E: it's also not uncommon for me to be late to school because I'm only 99.9999999999999% sure I didn't leave the stove on. Not because I might burn my house down, but because I am worried about Monty being helpless while the house burns down. I literally cannot focus on anything else unless I am absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt positive that I turned the stove off.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 23, 2017

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fitz was busy and didn't know there was a vote going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

TBeats posted:

I guess I just consider PTSD to be only war dreams about being in the poo poo, maaaaaaan. These grisly dreams I have about my dog really freak me out.

E: it's also not uncommon for me to be late to school because I'm only 99.9999999999999% sure I didn't leave the stove on. Not because I might burn my house down, but because I am worried about Monty being helpless while the house burns down. I literally cannot focus on anything else unless I am absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt positive that I turned the stove off.

Thats PTSD and something loving with you, probably meds.

If you are taking meds for depression then you need to talk to the doc because you are having an adverse side effect. If you are not taking meds, you need to look into some because your brain is sabotaging you. No poo poo, you need to get to the doc, quick.