Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Light
Dec 19, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

how the gently caress do people have 3000+ cp tyranaowhatsits in gyms already

Hello new pokemon nickname

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Things I'd never thought I'd hear myself say: "Ooh, there's a Zubat!"

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

6 Dunsparce and 5 ran away.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

GonSmithe posted:

Looks like quick attacks are fast again, that should make dealing with Blisseys a little easier.

Yeah I'm delighted that several of my exemplars got their best-moves mojo back (Venusaur :love:) AND I'm the proud owner of a legacy Shadow Claw / Shadow Ball Gengar that now has massive raw DPS but I think nobody should be spending any stardust on anything for like a week or two until we can be sure Niantic's letting the current stats sit. It's been chaos.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

bobjr posted:

6 Dunsparce and 5 ran away.

Do dunsparse even ever evolve into anything

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

LumpyGumby posted:

Is anyone else getting a lot of repeats with eggs? I just hatched my fifth sandshrew in six eggs, plus my third Dratini in three.

I just want a Houndour.

No excessive repeats for me, but I have noticed I'm getting a poo poo load more 2k eggs.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Quabzor posted:

No excessive repeats for me, but I have noticed I'm getting a poo poo load more 2k eggs.

Same, they're at least as frequent as 5k for me now. Someone said the frequency was based on the number of things in those eggs and that would make sense since a lot more things are in 2k eggs now, right?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ballz posted:

Do dunsparse even ever evolve into anything

no and the thing that eventually made dunsparce good in the games i don't think can work at all in this game so welp

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

GonSmithe posted:

Looks like quick attacks are fast again, that should make dealing with Blisseys a little easier.

It took me two failed tries to get used to it but I was able to figure out how to defeat a 2912 Blissey on my own with my 2873 Vaporeon. The second try I defeated it at 2 seconds but then the timer just disappeared and loaded "time over" for me. Defeating it with only 5 seconds to go though makes me think that anything higher I'd definitely lose against. I guess this is where perfect IVs and movesets are needed most.

Or nerf Blissey. But I don't care anymore, I'm exploiting Blissey and told teammates to come swarm my gym and we have 5 high level Blissey in a level 10 gym. Enjoy, everyone.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

NW Illinois, more or less everything on your list but haven't seen Quagmire/sire, Sneasel, or Houndour. I've been to the Museum Campus in Chicago and ... nothing really exciting there. Same poo poo. Caught a few Aipoms, Hoppips, and Yanma while downtown.

Caught 1 and saw a few more Skarmory nearer home. Oh, and a Dunsparce. And hatched a Slugma.

You should go to Adler Planetarium > Museum Campus if you're just looking for good pokemon. It's a much better spawn. Navy PIer and Lincoln park/the zoo are the other two places I would go if you want little poke men.

Cwmagain
Jul 30, 2011

Caffeine only diet leads to paranoia and... the shakes!
Just popping in to say I did NOT receive an evolution item on my seven day spree. So I guess its not a 100% chance? Or maybe Niantic nerfed it recently...

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Cwmagain posted:

Just popping in to say I did NOT receive an evolution item on my seven day spree. So I guess its not a 100% chance? Or maybe Niantic nerfed it recently...

Read somewhere it's closer to 90% that you'll get one.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

My wife just got TWO on her seven day spin.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Confirming that I did not get one on my 7 day, but it's nbd since I've already gotten 2 from stops so far.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Robokomodo posted:

Read somewhere it's closer to 90% that you'll get one.

that's kind of bullshit. your odds of getting none every week is pretty high, so the guaranteed one was a good way to get them if you play every day for months. but even that's gone now

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

I also did not get one from my seven day streak, which is a bummer because I haven't gotten one at all yet.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I got a metal coat on my 7 day spree. My girlfriend already has 3 evolve items :(

By the way, is the trick to log in to 2 devices to evolve still working? I got 100 pokemon ready to evolve, and I know 1 lucky egg won't be enough for 1 device.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
personally I'm betting that the reversion to quick attacks also had code that hosed up the drop rate. I'm sure some people are getting them but I'm at 350 spins and counting with nothing . not like it matters that much since Im still working on gen1 dex and won't finish gen2 til summer at best

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

seiferguy posted:

I got a metal coat on my 7 day spree. My girlfriend already has 3 evolve items :(

By the way, is the trick to log in to 2 devices to evolve still working? I got 100 pokemon ready to evolve, and I know 1 lucky egg won't be enough for 1 device.

Still worked for me a few days ago.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Went out with my son all weekend and spun at least 500 stops since the change. I've only got one item, and that was from my 7-day bonus.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

seiferguy posted:

The trick is to just get enough coins that it doesn't matter. Seriously, I am drowning in coins because there is nothing for me to buy in the shop. I have gyms I dropped Pokemon off in over Christmas in rural areas still collecting defender bonuses. I wouldn't care if it wasn't for the stardust bonus as well

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Astro7x posted:

The trick is to just get enough coins that it doesn't matter. Seriously, I am drowning in coins because there is nothing for me to buy in the shop. I have gyms I dropped Pokemon off in over Christmas in rural areas still collecting defender bonuses. I wouldn't care if it wasn't for the stardust bonus as well

I've been in one gym for over 2 months now and have been collecting off of that. I haven't found enough rural gyms to shove stuff into.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

seiferguy posted:

You'll get pretty close to that if you have an iPhone 6~ or equivalent and force close restart the app.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
e: nvm, I'll just borrow someone's phone instead.

Datasmurf fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 23, 2017

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I've been in one gym for over 2 months now and have been collecting off of that. I haven't found enough rural gyms to shove stuff into.

I had to attend a training class in a town about two hours north of where I live, so I decided to take the scenic route in through a national forest. I found a gym at a (closed for the season) camp site with no civilization for a half hour in any direction. So I figured "eh, gently caress it" and parked my car on the side of the road, hopped the gate, and kicked out the single guy in there to put in my own pokemon. On the way home my guy is dead and there are five instinct players training the gym up, I watched it go from level 1 to level 5, with no one there. No cars on the road, no lights, no people.

I don't think rural gyms are 100% guaranteed to stay yours forever, but maybe my experience is unusual?

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah rural gyms are only secure so long as no spoofer knows about them. I'm on half a dozen rural gyms. At least one of them was unknown to a map of gyms that I found, and there's no way I'm sharing the 10-American-cents-a-day secret.

edit: record is literally six months of sitting on a gym

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Is there any method to report spoofers because I've got a plague of them in my area. poo poo like a gym switching and training to level 10 in a park overnight - a park which is gated and locked at dusk. It's real blatant poo poo like that.

also: someone explain two things to me, please
1) Pineco
2) out of a 10k egg? gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

SuperKlaus posted:

edit: record is literally six months of sitting on a gym

for the record, I hate you and everyone else who can sit in a gym longer than an hour

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Feb 23, 2017

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Psion posted:

also: someone explain two things to me, please
1) Pineco
2) out of a 10k egg? gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Pineco is cool and good, sorry for your poor taste in Pokémon.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Psion posted:

for the record, I hate you and everyone else who can sit in a gym longer than an hour

Seriously. I think I'm the only Valor player in my area because if I want to mine gyms for coins, I have to single handedly take down a level 10 blue gym, put my dude on it and then go to the shop to collect my 10 coins before someone kills it within 10 minutes.

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

How big of a deal is having zen headbutt instead of confusion for an espeon? I evolved a 90% eevee to a zen headbutt / future sight espeon, which I think is good enough to power up but I'm not sure. (90% is pretty much the highest IVs I've ever seen on an eevee, somehow I catch tons and tons and tons in the 60%-80% range but barely any above that)

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
hey new op, i like it

i'm (rafza) not an admin on the discord since i don't play pogo anymore, since i've gotten like six messages about it recently, so can you take that off the op? thank you in advance

wisdomHNOX posted:

Pineco is cool and good, sorry for your poor taste in Pokémon.

also yeah pineco and forrettress own

e: ah gently caress it i'll try out the johto update i guess

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

Seriously. I think I'm the only Valor player in my area because if I want to mine gyms for coins, I have to single handedly take down a level 10 blue gym, put my dude on it and then go to the shop to collect my 10 coins before someone kills it within 10 minutes.

yeah i'm pretty much the same way with the exception of my train stop, which has been level 7 for a solid week with absdolutely no movement either way and it makes no sense. not complaining

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Olothreutes posted:

I had to attend a training class in a town about two hours north of where I live, so I decided to take the scenic route in through a national forest. I found a gym at a (closed for the season) camp site with no civilization for a half hour in any direction. So I figured "eh, gently caress it" and parked my car on the side of the road, hopped the gate, and kicked out the single guy in there to put in my own pokemon. On the way home my guy is dead and there are five instinct players training the gym up, I watched it go from level 1 to level 5, with no one there. No cars on the road, no lights, no people.

I don't think rural gyms are 100% guaranteed to stay yours forever, but maybe my experience is unusual?

That's less sketchy than mine! I found out in the outskirts of the town I'm in exists a Mormon cemetery, that still had a bunch of stops / gyms there. There were 2 red gyms next to each other, so I leveled each up and threw some pokemon in there. They were there forever. One of the gyms got deleted, for some reason but the other still exists to this day.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I have a 100% IV Abra, but it's level 1 (16 CP). Is it worth evolving up to Alakazam to see if it has decent moves and then leveling it up, or should I just not bother?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Olothreutes posted:

I have a 100% IV Abra, but it's level 1 (16 CP). Is it worth evolving up to Alakazam to see if it has decent moves and then leveling it up, or should I just not bother?

I wouldn't bother. Just settle on an 80% IV Abra or whatever, that 20% different isn't going to make or break the game. Dumping candy into a 10 CP Pokemon and ending up with poo poo moves is a waste of candy.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

goddamnit

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Just hatched a Pineco :buddy:
If I wasn't walking my cyndaquil I'd be walking him.

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!
Blossoms just updated with Gen 2 support about an hour ago, get it while it's hot! Time to check those IVs.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
Re: rural gyms: I went camping with a friend a couple weeks ago and our camp was also an out of the way park. I put my chancy there and it survives.

In other news, I'm an evil and bad person for putting my blissey in a gym with a snorlax. I feel like the best way to atone for my sins to train the gym up another level or two but man, it's been snowing and it's in the middle of a park so :effort:

Edit: ahahaha it's now a level 4, with a blissey, snorlax, vape, then my 2350 blissey on top. We are protected.

Visual Sneeze posted:

Blossoms just updated with Gen 2 support about an hour ago, get it while it's hot! Time to check those IVs.

What's blossoms?

Edit: vvv okay so I'm not the only one who just saw that and was confused. I thought it was the other way around?

Psychobabble! fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

:psyduck:

• Locked thread