Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

bongwizzard posted:

Now this would be a good use of the goon-fund I would absolutely kick 20 bucks at it.

Problem is we needed $750 to create an item but we only got $585.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Furism posted:

Problem is we needed $750 to create an item but we only got $585.

Oh, I haven't been paying super close attention and thought that was the $600 level.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

There are a few obviois, dad-joke level gags that it will be a crying shame if they forego. A Monkey Island, for example, a magic belt with a ship's wheel buckle, "booty", etc.

Insult Cypher Battles go!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
For PoE 3 the stronghold should be an airship.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

And the main villain should be a dark angelic figure with a long-rear end sword with which he kills Eder midway through the game

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Just lmao if you didn't make Eder the new personification of Eothas at the end of PoE 2.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

I just fought Concelhaut for the first time in White March (or at least I think this was added with White March, don't remember Cragholdt existing when I played at launch).

That was a really neat area. I got super lucky at the end of the fight because I had killed all of his adds but he just had KO'd my two tanks and my party was out of revives and pretty much all spells, but my PC Rogue critted and killed him with a Finishing Blow when he had two dots of health left and was started to attack my back line.

If there's more areas like that in PoE2, I'm really excited.

Also, is there pretty much no War Bow that is better than Borresaine?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

DrPop posted:

I just fought Concelhaut for the first time in White March (or at least I think this was added with White March, don't remember Cragholdt existing when I played at launch).

That was a really neat area. I got super lucky at the end of the fight because I had killed all of his adds but he just had KO'd my two tanks and my party was out of revives and pretty much all spells, but my PC Rogue critted and killed him with a Finishing Blow when he had two dots of health left and was started to attack my back line.

If there's more areas like that in PoE2, I'm really excited.

Also, is there pretty much no War Bow that is better than Borresaine?

Cloudpiercer, The Rain of Godagh Field, and Sabra Marie are all on par or better imo.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Krowley posted:

And the main villain should be a dark angelic figure with a long-rear end sword with which he kills Eder midway through the game

The memry of eder will live on in our hearts

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Ginette Reno posted:

Cloudpiercer, The Rain of Godagh Field, and Sabra Marie are all on par or better imo.

None of those stun, though. And I'm pretty sure that Borresaine's stun bypasses normal resistances because I've seen it work on frickin' everything - dragons, oozes, you name it.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

PoE 3 should be direct remake of Arcanum.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

If the cap for Fig funds remained at 2.25M$ and it was maxed (though it's entirely possible they raised it and didn't publicly announce it), with the funds remaining (assuming they'll all be added), we're at 4.03M$, which means that we'd need $970,000 from standard pledges in about 30 hours to reach 5M$.

Ydwin, we barely knew you!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Power Bottom posted:

None of those stun, though. And I'm pretty sure that Borresaine's stun bypasses normal resistances because I've seen it work on frickin' everything - dragons, oozes, you name it.

Better dps though. It's definitely a really nice bow, especially since you can get it so early.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

CottonWolf posted:

If the cap for Fig funds remained at 2.25M$ and it was maxed (though it's entirely possible they raised it and didn't publicly announce it), with the funds remaining (assuming they'll all be added), we're at 4.03M$, which means that we'd need $970,000 from standard pledges in about 30 hours to reach 5M$.

Ydwin, we barely knew you!

$2.25 plus $1.78 from pledges puts it at $4.12 million, which means $880 k more from pledges in the remaining 32 hours, which isn't impossible but is definitely a long shot.

They need to get on every game media channel they can, ASAP. Hopefully their marketing team has a plan for the next day and a half.

Edit: Nevermind I do math bad. $4.03 million and 970k to go. Still possible, but it means pulling out all of the stops and hoping they haven't hit the saturation point yet.

Wicked Them Beats fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 23, 2017

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I don't care about fanservice ydwen but I'll be sad if they don't unlock that Godlike aumau guy since he seems to be a planned companion.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

I don't care about fanservice ydwen but I'll be sad if they don't unlock that Godlike aumau guy since he seems to be a planned companion.

He's already in the game, they just haven't talked about him at all.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

bongwizzard posted:

PoE 3 should be direct remake of Arcanum.

I really, really, really, really, really want them to use the PoE engine to make a Fallout/Arcanum style game instead of a Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale style game.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Litany Unheard posted:

Source? Xoti was unlocked as a stretch goal

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
They should put an undead wizard in the party who needs to eat flesh to not go insane.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Source? Xoti was unlocked as a stretch goal

Xoti's stretch goal was titled "Seventh Companion." So there are six others. Eder, Pallegina, Aloth, Maia, Serafen, and ???

Also this picture:

He's there with all the other confirmed companions.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Litany Unheard posted:

For some bizarre reason.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I suspect he might be story important. Which would explain their reluctance to talk about him.

Eothas in Aumaua form?

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
each of the new companions (except Xoti??) is part of one of the factions u can join with in pillars 2. the arlong godlike is part of the Huana so itd be weird to not hvae a humanising character for them like Mara for Ruatai and serfiroth for Principi

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Ondra Godlike.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

2house2fly posted:

For some bizarre reason.
Troubled???

Our boy Tekēhu will be discussed in time.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Pwnstar posted:

Ondra Godlike.

He looks like it from the hair strands but they implied in the stream he was a new kind of godlike though and Ondra godlikes are presumptively the moon godlikes. Maybe Ondra as ocean instead?

It's weird that there is no dwarf companion this time.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
Tekēhu ate the ondra ondra fruit

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Fintilgin posted:

I really, really, really, really, really want them to use the PoE engine to make a Fallout/Arcanum style game instead of a Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale style game.

Fintilgin posted:

Honestly I just want more good rtwp iso games, genre isn't as important for me.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

rope kid posted:

Troubled???

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Has anyone discussed what the best PoE1 character for going into PoE2 is? I mean in terms of story, not build. I'd guess either a priest of Eothas or an angry atheist nihilist philospher would make the most sense. Even though Eothas hates Wodica, they're both for keeping the true nature of the gods secret, right? I also had a priest of Skaen who totally defected to Wodica in the end and I'd love to see what they do with that.

And what about Aloth? I mean I bet they're going to do something with either way, but it seems like "Aloth leads the Leaden Key and dedicates himself to preserving the secrets of the gods" and "Aloth hunts down the remnants of the Leaden Key and dedicates himself to exposing the secrets of the gods" are pretty loving different. It must be hard to write stories for both. It'd also be funny to pair him with a watcher who totally disagrees. "We must expose the secrets of the gods! But Aloth, your tradition is important, I think you should lead the Leaden Key."

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Digital Osmosis posted:

Has anyone discussed what the best PoE1 character for going into PoE2 is? I mean in terms of story, not build. I'd guess either a priest of Eothas or an angry atheist nihilist philospher would make the most sense. Even though Eothas hates Wodica, they're both for keeping the true nature of the gods secret, right? I also had a priest of Skaen who totally defected to Wodica in the end and I'd love to see what they do with that.
I don't think Eothas cared one way or the other, much like the rest of the gods.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

my favorite area of poe1 was the beach that had a hobo shack on it so this is pretty much my poo poo, super hyped to go blackbeard on some fools

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Hey, in case any one wanted an update on my idiotic flailing with PoE1, I took some of ya'lls advice and left the scary place I was in to go do some more sidequesting elsewhere. I dug through my journal and didn't really seem to have anything left to do in Defiance Bay, but I did have a subquest telling me to find a cliff from a vision or something. So I read the description and decide to head toward the ocean or whatever. I step into a wilderness zone and get massacred by young drakes.

I don't think this game likes me very much.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

DrNutt posted:

Hey, in case any one wanted an update on my idiotic flailing with PoE1, I took some of ya'lls advice and left the scary place I was in to go do some more sidequesting elsewhere. I dug through my journal and didn't really seem to have anything left to do in Defiance Bay, but I did have a subquest telling me to find a cliff from a vision or something. So I read the description and decide to head toward the ocean or whatever. I step into a wilderness zone and get massacred by young drakes.

Enable auto-pause when an enemy is detected.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

bongwizzard posted:

Honestly I just want more good rtwp iso games, genre isn't as important for me.

* whispers 'turn-based' softly as the wind *

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

DrNutt posted:

I like going to that area at level 6 because it's one of the biggest but still doable challenges at that point.
But I'm pretty sure you haven't done all the quests you could have in Defiance Bay if some drakes give you trouble. Just doing everything you can pick up in Copperlane and Ondra's Gift should get you to level 7 at least (just don't go into the Lighthouse).

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Digital Osmosis posted:

Has anyone discussed what the best PoE1 character for going into PoE2 is? I mean in terms of story, not build.

Build is totally irrelevant as we bump our head and fall back to lvl 1.

Fintilgin posted:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Fintilgin posted:

*puts index finger between teeth suggestively*

(I am kinda glad that Torment is turn based now, I hope PoE 2 will be less clusterfuck-y with 5 duders)

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

rope kid I have received some sage advice on idea refinement and what would be really radical would be a cockatoo on the boat that Iselmyr can teach bad words or phrases to annoy other NPCs, because I think Iselmyr would totally do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

2house2fly posted:

I don't think Eothas cared one way or the other, much like the rest of the gods.

Eothas is basically the most mysterious of the Gods right now. He did a lot of inscrutable poo poo before PoE1 and it's gonna be real interesting to learn more about his motivations and goals.

• Locked thread