Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Propagandist posted:

What's the latest on Annabanana "Boots" Huxtable

She's working in the White House now, no time for SC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

DapperDon posted:

I just don't know man. I just don't know. Perhaps in 3.0 all of this and more will be revealed. It is surely to come by late summer/early fall of 201x.....

Right about the time Mega Man fights the Robot Masters?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ripptide posted:

holy poo poo ahahahaha this makes perfect sense

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I mean it's pretty dull and shallow imo but it does what it means to do and does it extremely well.

A million miles wide and an inch deep.

Yes, but they are digging down deeper with each updates, while SC has spend 4 years and half its budget looking for the shovel and asking for more money.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

aleksendr posted:

Yes, but they are digging down deeper with each updates, while SC has spend 4 years and half its budget looking for the shovel and asking for more money.

SC isn't a real game. Elite is.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

phosdex posted:

With $175 you can pledge towards pillars 2 and its dlc, preorder the next mass effect, and buy a nice steak dinner at a real steak house.

Will the steak be Fidelicious ?

Remember No Man Sky - Never Pre-Order.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

That's got to be a troll account. It's just too over the top aggressive/stupid to be real.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I mean it's pretty dull and shallow imo but it does what it means to do and does it extremely well.

A million miles wide and an inch deep.

It is not without faults. At worst it is a very solid foundation that is being expanded upon by a competent Dev team.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

Packaged bear dicks? I will pay $10 per ton for hand packed, artisanal, all organic curated bear dicks, I will have you know!

With grabby hands you get to massage each one into the perfect firmness too. Can't wait for 4.2.5g!!!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Truga posted:

holy poo poo ahahahaha this makes perfect sense

What is something that no one has ever said about Star Citizen, Alex?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

They've splintered a dwindling forum population with this and at the same time splintered a dwindling player base with regional servers, I can't fathom why they couldn't see this coming. If you look at something high profile like WoW with cross realm zones, they strive to bring players together. CIG are creating a long term tumbleweed scenario from scratch, it's the strangest thing.

It's almost like they're splintering and disabling avenues of communication so nobody can talk about it easily; good or bad.

In my opinion, you'd want to do that when you're ready for something to go away.

Prepping for the MVP and the inevitable "This was my vision all along!" speech from Chris Roberts before he speeds off in a custom Porsche leaving the people who got him that far in the dust. Hollywood here he comes!

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

A number of these Star Citizen supporters remind me of this mother complaining about her children cutting off contact with her.

http://www.nextavenue.org/why-some-grown-kids-cut-their-parents/

Not sure why.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Unfortunately we cannot model people. You must dream your spaceman!

That kitchenette is about as detailed as it can be without being greebled, I'm sure that won't slow things down at all.

:allears:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

ripptide posted:

Brilliant. Best Post. 5 buns.

e: KellyBelle "Shrew" Huxway

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
bit of a game changer, that

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

https://i.imgur.com/ixOTILO.gifv

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I clicked on one of you people's reddit links for a change and this showed up:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

TheAgent posted:

I am also mad today but for different reasons

I guess it's because I've seen projects like this so many times, headed by people making outrageous sums of money, producing nothing, forcing misery and terror on their employees, making people miss holidays and vacations and family time and lives, the actual lives they should be living

all in pursuit of some unobtainable goal that they think possible only if people believed more, gave more and worked harder, while the top levels take holidays and smirk at how much they have accomplished

star citizen, for me, isn't about some dumb space game taking money from people. it's about companies and businesses who do this poo poo all the time, who actively make employees suffer to squeak out mediocrity at a faster rate, take all the profits from the word go and leave a wasteland of failure and suffering behind

it still happens. this isn't unique to the 90s corporate culture. I work for people who absolutely do not give a poo poo about anything except the dollar on some spreadsheet. these are organizations that should be helping people, that have vast, immeasurable resources that could save hundreds of thousands of lives or improve countless others. instead they gently caress over whoever they can, sometimes for little or no gain whatsoever, just because they can. because they are that powerful, that immense, that nothing can touch them

its all very liberal-bleeding-heart-tree-hugging-faggotry, because somehow caring about people makes you weak for some reason

and sure I get plenty of laughs here but I've been through crunches where I didn't leave the office for 50+ hours. where I had to take cabs home because the lack of sleep made me hallucinate people were walking in front of the road. where when you finally came back, the guy up top who had been on vacation for 3 weeks in fiji asked why you weren't at your desk working. where the people making the biggest amount of money did absolutely nothing but come up with ideas for other people to implement in a sane and working fashion

to sum up, gently caress chris roberts and those at the top making millions while death marching everyone into the deepest pit of despair imaginable

gently caress you, Chris. gently caress you.

No lives matter

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

History Comes Inside! posted:

Why does everything in every star citizen screenshot glow like it's made out of mirrors and being bathed in radiation from a star just out of view?

About the time Chris Roberts got out of gaming, bloom and colored lights were just starting to piss people off. He was gone by the time it was determined that bloom is like coating stuff in semen.

But it's also Chris Roberts, so he probably demands a fidelicious semen filter and huge glows on everything because that's what stuff in reality does. It glows when in the light.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/wtfosaurus/status/834840666467422208

Wonder if Hellion will be played.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Truga posted:

When's Alex Jones going to start pimping SC?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I feel grief.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Truga posted:

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
when does star citizen start selling colloidal gold cream for my in game characters

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124202571?t=46m19s

:gary:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124202571?t=48m13s

Meltdown status confirmed, he's now off to play Hellion.

AP fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 23, 2017

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
tell me more about hellion and why its probably bad

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

eonwe posted:

Check back tomorrow when people can play it.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

eonwe posted:

It is not SC. No $750 JPEGs available.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Gonna make my own petition to free fuzzknot brb.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

eonwe posted:

Early Access
Survival
Crafting

It's DOA

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

It's a game set in space and there's things to interact with and do and it's totally freaking WTF out after playing the Star Citizen tech demo for 2 years.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124202571?t=70m36s

Bitching there's no tutorial.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
«CIG get your poo poo together!» :laugh:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

XK posted:

A number of these Star Citizen supporters remind me of this mother complaining about her children cutting off contact with her.

http://www.nextavenue.org/why-some-grown-kids-cut-their-parents/

Not sure why.

No, it is the children who are wrong.

chochmah
Sep 27, 2015
AtV, now with background music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfcsyRwyJCY

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
nvm

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

AP posted:

It's a game set in space and there's things to interact with and do and it's totally freaking WTF out after playing the Star Citizen tech demo for 2 years.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124202571?t=70m36s

Bitching there's no tutorial.

Hellion is so advanced that they've removed their tutorial without their community having to campaign for six months. Truly, Chris Roberts has shown the way.

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

TheAgent posted:

I am also mad today but for different reasons

This. This is what is most upsetting. It's not the reddit screen caps, not the ship sales, the abysmal gameplay, awkward streams, or untold list of empty promises. It's that men and women are spending massive amounts of hours on a project that is ever changing and will end with them being hurt for it. They're the ones that, when this project is done, are laid off. They're the ones that show up to work and find out they're not getting paid for their time. They're the ones that invest their life into someone else's dream that that person won't spend more than half a day working on.

The sub-reddits, forums, twitters, and streams are dumb poo poo. If that's seriously the part that angers you about all this, then you should probably reinvest back into this cluster gently caress.

Now if you'll excuse me, I got a pupper to play with.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dementropy posted:

Oh wow. That kid got 8 supporters, and all the ire of reddit in the process?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5vniex/petition_to_cloud_imperium_games_prove_your_claim/

He may be learning a lesson in playing both sides at the same time.

Well, as these things go, once I tweeted it this morning...

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/834787825358872576

The next thing you know, this happens

https://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-petition-launches-open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

MeLKoR posted:

«CIG get your poo poo together!» :laugh:

you know, after 6 years of this poo poo, watching WTF dude streaming to 17 people again, loving around in the airlocks at Port Olisisissr again, it's just depressing.