Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Bud K ninja sword posted:

Minneapolis says gently caress you buddy.
Minneapolis goes to bed at 8pm after a nice bucket of Hot Dish. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Yawgmoth posted:

Minneapolis goes to bed at 8pm after a nice bucket of Hot Dish. :colbert:

aw man did it get lame? I remember all sorts of weird poo poo open late around uptown when i used to live there figures :smithfrog:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Unless you are literally in a town of 932 people in Nebraska, there is more than likely a good cup of coffee somewhere very close to you.

Hell, you can find a decent cup in Midwest towns even tinier than that. Find a small bakery or restaurant that opens before sunrise.

I grew up in what was at the time the 2nd poorest county in the state of Illinois and even we had more than one place to get decent coffee.

If you go to a truck stop restaurant or a fast food chain, well yeah the coffee is gonna be terrible, but even in the depths of "I married my cousin and had beer cans tied to my Truck Nutz for the ride to the Motel 6 for the honeymoon" abject povertyland, you'll still manage to find decent stuff.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Before coffee got cool again a popular McDonald's was fairly legit for coffee. High turnaround on the beans and the brew means you could at least avoid the acid garbage that passed for coffee when making Folgers in a drip. The packets were individually portioned for a while so you could take a gamble on a random highway stop McDonald's and usually win that bet for a drinkable cup.

Starbucks gutted their market and there's enough slack in McDonald's coffee supply chain again that you're likely to be drinking acid garbage. Traveling and looking for coffee is tough because the number 1 differentiation between good coffee and bitter acidic caffeine water is how long ago the beans were roasted and grinded and good luck determining that from a Yelp review.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

aw man did it get lame? I remember all sorts of weird poo poo open late around uptown when i used to live there figures :smithfrog:
I live in uptown and almost everything that made it fun to live in is gone or going away soon. :( I mean I could probably drive around and find something cool in northeast or something but the most exciting thing open late these days is the diner.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Yawgmoth posted:

I live in uptown and almost everything that made it fun to live in is gone or going away soon. :( I mean I could probably drive around and find something cool in northeast or something but the most exciting thing open late these days is the diner.

oh loving lame :/ guess you really cant go home again

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The key is to learn to love the acidic caffeine water, then you'll never be without good coffee again.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

If you're having difficulties finding a good place to buy your coffee flavored warm milkshakes a good option is to grow up and just make your own coffee at home with beans you like that you like.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Something's definitely the poo poo there.

I hate pudding so much. I feel like food should be solid, liquid, or frozen. Colloidal suspensions do not please me.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

is that from Stone Cold Creamery because it's making me say WHAT

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pastry of the Year posted:

is that from Stone Cold Creamery because it's making me say WHAT

It does kind of look like someone stomped a mud hole in it

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Around around 600kcal, could taste ok, I mean whipcream is good :/

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Looks like wet peanut butter to me.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Around around 600kcal, could taste ok, I mean whipcream is good :/

I looked up the recipe if you want to give it a try (this supposedly makes 3-4 servings):

High Fat - Low Carb Keto Pudding:
1 cup heavy cream (Homestead Creamery is the poo poo)
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 scoop (30g) unflavored micellar casein protein
2 tbsp stevia/erythritol blend (I use Pyure, not sure how it compares to Truvia)
3 ice cubes
Add ingredients in bullet style blender and blend briefly. Liquid will be thick, but not pudding. This is a good time to do a quick taste test and adjust as needed.
Add 1 - 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum to mixture and blend until you hear that it has turned to a consistency that the blender does not enjoy.
The more xanthan gum you use, the thicker it will be. 1 1/2 - 2 tsp will result in a product that is mousse-like but also kind of weird.
The end. Enjoy!

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
I wonder if bookies are already taking odds on Stevia making your kidneys explode out your dick or whatever.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ralph Crammed In posted:

If you're having difficulties finding a good place to buy your coffee flavored warm milkshakes a good option is to grow up and just make your own coffee at home with beans you like that you like.

I got a hand grinder for xmas and now instead of drinking tassimo swill or cafeteria acid, I'm brewing fresh-ground organic single-source fair-trade coffee with a pourover in my office. It's amazing coffee and it's cheaper.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Bubblyblubber posted:

I wonder if bookies are already taking odds on Stevia making your kidneys explode out your dick or whatever.

I heard it has been available for decades in other countries.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I'm curious about kangaroo meats.
When it's good, it's pretty similar to really lean beef, but it often has a very gamey taste. Makes absolutely awful sausages (really dry) but somehow amazingly good burgers (that take way longer to cook than you'd expect them to).

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Ralph Crammed In posted:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Kangaroo meat can make you fail a drug test. Turinabol. Look it up.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

hate coffee? kill urself with some machine coffee from mcd instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kra1eWAiKvE

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Kangaroo meat can make you fail a drug test. Turinabol. Look it up.

Not really. An MMA fighter claimed he had wild kangaroo meat fattened with steroids that made him test positive. I did look it up.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Ranter posted:

I heard it has been available for decades in other countries.

Well I heard it makes your kidneys explode out of your dick or whatever.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Bubblyblubber posted:

Well I heard it makes your kidneys explode out of your dick or whatever.

Prolapse salad?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

stole from aug thread:

FractionMan
Dec 24, 2003

Bringing back the balls to Rock

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

KFC, come the gently caress on. at least slap some chicken on the outside ffs

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I'm Figgy Poppleton Rice

THat's a joke, right?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Samizdata posted:

Not really. An MMA fighter claimed he had wild kangaroo meat fattened with steroids that made him test positive. I did look it up.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

steinrokkan posted:

I'm Figgy Poppleton Rice

THat's a joke, right?

Im not gonna eat food made by a person who is named like a bad food.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

steinrokkan posted:

I'm Figgy Poppleton Rice

THat's a joke, right?

Ice cube relish

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

stole from aug thread:

This reminds me that a local bar started making tobacco syrup for a cocktail.

it was... surprisingly good.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

The plot thickens.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

A cauliflower bun is the crumbliest thing I can imagine eating.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Even worse than an uncooked corn tortilla? Man i hate those things.

Fast Eddie
Feb 9, 2007

Minneapolis says gently caress you buddy.

:yeah:

Hometown pride. Sure Minnesota has its fair share of food abortions, but the twin cities has a really good restaurant scene. I will go to bat for it any time someone wants to bag on the Midwest being all flyover land.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Fast Eddie posted:

:yeah:

Hometown pride. Sure Minnesota has its fair share of food abortions, but the twin cities has a really good restaurant scene. I will go to bat for it any time someone wants to bag on the Midwest being all flyover land.

Even Mankato has some decent places, too.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sakurazuka posted:

Ice cube relish

:cumpolice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches