Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

SALE SALE SALE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

AP posted:

SALE SALE SALE

"And I heard a great keening of voices, as if hundreds of Super-Hornets were being melted."

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ripptide posted:

"And I heard a great keening of voices, as if hundreds of Super-Hornets were being melted."

Super hornet was $180 I think, they had to price this below so people couldn't upgrade to it. New cash only please.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

SALE SALE SALE

Ahhh the majestic Coathanger

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

peter gabriel posted:

Ahhh the majestic Coathanger

If that thing fired all it's weapons at once, it would go backwards.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dooguk posted:

If that thing fired all it's weapons at once, it would go backwards.

Yeah. And?

Ho Lee Cow!! I'm ded.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5vnq5m/261_so_far_for_me/?st=izisnwh6&sh=51ee9498

quote:

it crashed my game so hard that the sound started coming out of my monitor rather than my headset

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

AP posted:

Super hornet was $180 I think, they had to price this below so people couldn't upgrade to it. New cash only please.

Are you trying to tell us that CIG uses nefarious means to price their jpegs? Heartbreaking.
'

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

AP posted:

SALE SALE SALE

That looks like my Vulture with the body kit added.

Its a bit Viper-y too.

Play Elite - ship is free

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/834865204710092800

Thrilling to see.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

I mean, they get flak for t-posing out and not having adequate stances and animation mixes on their rigs, but when they make an animation to add fluidity to their characters, they get flak as well.

Is it bad that they have one artist/designer working on animations while someone else works on other tasks? Having multiple roles is a good thing, no? Isn't that how it works?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tackling the big issues head on

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

clifford is the most powerful source of fremdschämen in the entire universe.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, they get flak for t-posing out and not having adequate stances and animation mixes on their rigs, but when they make an animation to add fluidity to their characters, they get flak as well.

Is it bad that they have one artist/designer working on animations while someone else works on other tasks? Having multiple roles is a good thing, no? Isn't that how it works?

You know what you call layoffs in the animation team right?

"working on leaning animations"

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

You're not buying ships stupid goonie you're pledging to support the most ambitious game ever.

If you can't afford a ship, even pledging for a ship skin would contribute a lot. If you can't afford that, what are you playing on? Your phone??

:smug:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

They've never got flak for that and what has T posing got to do with it? T posing is always funny, the variety of their animations has always been OK, it's the comedic way in which everything is broken that causes the comments

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 23, 2017

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

With grabby hands you get to massage each one into the perfect firmness too. Can't wait for 4.2.5g!!!

If I don't please the customers, I won't make the money, I won't get the space women OR dominate the 'Verse.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Also you should consider being more helpful to Star Citizen by joining the Star Marine player queue, WTF only played Hellion because he got tired waiting for enough players to join so a Star Marine match could start.

WTF has put something like 11 or 13k into Star Citizen (I forget) it's pretty poor form that he can't even play it days after a new patch. Well I guess he could play the PU but when he tried that the ship summoning panels didn't work.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

AP posted:

SALE SALE SALE

Where the hell is that left missile coming from? I am guessing the front guns are not pointing at the same target because they are individually target-able.... AHAHAH who we kidding.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

I think the idea, now work with me here, is that after six years and $143,000,000 there should be a game. Call me crazy but fluff like streamlining NPCs leaning on things should be about #1,000 on the to-do list behind the tens of millions of dollars they've spent on motion capture.

Neither of which should have been done first.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.playhellion.com/faq

quote:

1. How many players can there be on one server?
There will be multiple open world servers to handle a limited number of players on each one. For now we plan to have around 100 or more players per server.

Far more of a MMO than Star Citizen if they achieve even half that.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Lladre posted:

Where the hell is that left missile coming from? I am guessing the front guns are not pointing at the same target because they are individually target-able.... AHAHAH who we kidding.

You mean parking sensor.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I started watching The Expanse last night, it's not quite what I was expecting and has actually got me quite hooked.

Thanks lovely people in here who recommended it, it's really rather good. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AP posted:

SALE SALE SALE

Hahaha

This one looks dumb as hell. This is probably their worst one to date. It's like a flatbread ship with dinky afterthought wings that've been in a curling iron.

Have they run out of better ideas to steal from already? Kind of reminds me of old battletech aerospace fighters.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Space Crabs posted:

I think the idea, now work with me here, is that after six years and $143,000,000 there should be a game. Call me crazy but fluff like streamlining NPCs leaning on things should be about #1,000 on the to-do list behind the tens of millions of dollars they've spent on motion capture.

Neither of which should have been done first.

stuff like NPC leaning on things should have been completed years ago. How does no one with thousands "invested" in this not go "wtf you are working on this now?!?" when she tweets poo poo like this.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AP posted:

SALE SALE SALE

The front of that thing looks like a Terran Banshee from StarCraft 2 lol

also lolling at the insane brokebrains on that Angry_Pacifist dude

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Lladre posted:

It gets worse the longer you look at it, check out the turret guns. They look about as much use as tits on a fish.

It's like they hired Mr Magoo as the friggin gunner after he's had a few whiskeys or BL is using the inbuilt helmet 'eye tracking' for targetting.

(It's more like their art department couldn't give a poo poo anymore and are just throwing lots of poo poo at the wall in the hope that some of it sticks)

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Top marks to the shill rounding up all the haters in the comments :discourse:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

AP posted:

SALE SALE SALE

Cool...has a "88" decal. Probably to appease the German backers.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

Seriously, if you never get the animations to work right, the number of people is irrelevant.

So, how many people should it take for properly fidelitous t-posing, eh?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

quote:

fake news. A troll with an axe to grind created a petition.

So in other news.. a random person did a thing!

Yeah cause the guy who made it definitely wasn't the obsessive weirdo who created a totally separate Star Citizen Leaks subreddit that would be free of nefarious goon influence.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

ewe2 posted:

Nawledgelambo getting in on the fun there with good useage of the capslock key. :thumbsup:

Some sort of taxxe;

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

ewe2 posted:

Jasonallen19

A true commando.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Welcome to your weekly 'Lets show some mocapped skeletons that should have been completed 2 years ago to cover the lack of anything currently being done' open developement!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
Do you think Ben's wife started out as his nurse/caretaker and they ended up falling in love in the most magical way possible?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
So the background music on ATV is obnoxiously loud and uneven. Its clear no one watched the final edit.

quote:

I cant agree with this. As a video guy every week there is something small that can be corrected from the audio to the brightness or contrast. The LUTs are not consistent across the footage nor attempted to be normalized. If they film this on Monday or Tuesday and release on Thursday, there should be more than enough time to properly edit the raw footage with the machines they have there.
If they watched it through after editing, they or that editior should have and more than likely would have caught the issue.
Edit: EVEN if you werent listening, your audio level bars would show you the db that they're running at on the separate tracks and you would have known to lower it down.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Meridian posted:

It is not without faults. At worst it is a very solid foundation that is being expanded upon by a competent Dev team.

Early days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

They've never got flak for that and what has T posing got to do with it? T posing is always funny, the variety of their animations has always been OK, it's the comedic way in which everything is broken that causes the comments
I was playing DA:I the other day on nightmare mode and when I went to the hinterlands the first time every npc was stuck in a t pose

I immediately thought of star citizen