Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

ManofManyAliases posted:

Is it bad that they have one artist/designer working on animations while someone else works on other tasks? Having multiple roles is a good thing, no? Isn't that how it works?

Well, when they run out of money, you're going to be wishing that they spent that animator's yearly salary on another back-end programmer. So that way, you could have a functioning game that would hopefully have customers to further fund expanded animations instead of a nice collection of animations in a broke rear end game that nobody will ever play or give money to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

I love it when teenagers try to sound like their favourite anime villains when writing on the internet.

tut tut tut.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Anyone know who made the Stimperor artwork? This picture in particular:

Asking as I'd like to use it for art as a playable Stimpire race in a public mod for another game (Stellaris), and thought I should at least make some effort to get the artist's permission/name for credit, rather than just doing a Ryan Archer.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

peter gabriel posted:

you know, after 6 years of this poo poo, watching WTF dude streaming to 17 people again, loving around in the airlocks at Port Olisisissr again, it's just depressing.

WTF's cycle has gotten so depressing that we're tending to avoid talking about him any more, even with his Rockstar poo poo. That's a pretty bad sign.

I can only assume he's still doing the same poo poo, day after day, where he goes to the FPS station, grabs a couple cigars, and gets killed.

Just sad.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

AP posted:

SALE SALE SALE

A flying squirrel!

Oh, a $175 imaginary spaceship. Nevermind.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Breetai posted:

I love it when teenagers try to sound like their favourite anime villains when writing on the internet.

tut tut tut.
Tch...Chris-kun...wave your hands some more, why dontcha?

*animation explodes violently across the milky way while lighting a cigarette*

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Who can wait for the crazy advanced tech of leaning against things? Get your money in now!

Seriously, why is she tweeting this poo poo?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

Who can wait for the crazy advanced tech of leaning against things? Get your money in now!

Huge milestone.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

There were crashes previously where the sounds kept playing after all SC stuff had been closed/crashed out. Their sound subsystem seems to be doing something pretty weird.

Sounds getting stuck is late 90's Win9x stuff. Requiring admin privileges and writing to the program files directory is also Win9x stuff, so who knows what the gently caress they are actually doing.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

Cool...has a "88" decal. Probably to appease the German backers.

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/834875575969853440

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Propagandist posted:

What's the latest on Annabanana "Boots" Huxtable

bumps to her big 'bookmark the next 3 months' thread don't make it show up in general.. she's got magic forum powers apparently

1yr anniversary coming up March29 though, do we have a :toot: planned? https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/324520/bookmark-the-next-3-months/#latest

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
seriously what the gently caress is with the 88s lately

one or two times, okay, but people in know, especially LA/OC/LBC, where white power groups were and are a huge thing, that 88 is HH and is a total white power thing

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

XK posted:

There were crashes previously where the sounds kept playing after all SC stuff had been closed/crashed out. Their sound subsystem seems to be doing something pretty weird.

Sounds getting stuck is late 90's Win9x stuff. Requiring admin privileges and writing to the program files directory is also Win9x stuff, so who knows what the gently caress they are actually doing.

theyre building the best 90s video game

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

XK posted:

They only got it to stop spinning around at random angles and parts exploding 5 minutes before.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Phi230 posted:

theyre building the best 90s video game

Dude, it's just Window's garbage.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Tigey posted:

Anyone know who made the Stimperor artwork? This picture in particular:

Asking as I'd like to use it for art as a playable Stimpire race in a public mod for another game (Stellaris), and thought I should at least make some effort to get the artist's permission/name for credit, rather than just doing a Ryan Archer.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1913#post456244568

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
:gary: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124202571?t=49m20s :yarg:

WTFOSAURUS: "CIG get your poo poo together. c'mon"

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

seriously what the gently caress is with the 88s lately

one or two times, okay, but people in know, especially LA/OC/LBC, where white power groups were and are a huge thing, that 88 is HH and is a total white power thing

Why is 88 on the floor there anyway?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol if any of this is loving true

quote:

If you are asking then yes. We do use internal accounts to prop up funding numbers. These are not backer only funds. We are encouraged to buy ship packages on a bi-weekly basis. Any monies that come to the coffers via internal employee accounts are counted into that number. This includes managers who end up pledging with caveats. These can be sold personally to third parties without supervision. Large packages are sold at discounted amounts to [employees, contracted employees, certain backers and streamers] for heavy discounts. The full amount is represented in the Funding Tracker.

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker

Tippis posted:

The real question is, how much does it cost per kilo to send something into orbit using the space shuttle. Would $140M be enough for, say, Ben?

using https://www.rocketbuilder.com it came to 130M for an earth escape shot in Q4 (Merry Christmas Ben!). It only cost that much because I just had to add "Full Spectrum" service.

e: I assumed Ben was about 500 lbs for this, so ymmv

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

AP posted:

My only guess is it's in reference to the German flak 8.8 or 88 - which is self defeating as it's an anti-aircraft platform and referencing it to a space sim game, well, lol

The only other pop culture reference is literally NeoNazi referendum, so, good job Roberts.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Lladre posted:

Where the hell is that left missile coming from? I am guessing the front guns are not pointing at the same target because they are individually target-able.... AHAHAH who we kidding.

Fire!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheAgent posted:

Look man it's their version of stock options.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

I'm sure its just a BTTF reference dude

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

nawledgelambo posted:

The only other pop culture reference is literally NeoNazi referendum, so, good job Roberts.

It's a puzzle.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent posted:

Thats crazy illegal if true.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Thats crazy illegal if true.
not sure if it is, actually

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, they get flak for t-posing out and not having adequate stances and animation mixes on their rigs, but when they make an animation to add fluidity to their characters, they get flak as well.

Is it bad that they have one artist/designer working on animations while someone else works on other tasks? Having multiple roles is a good thing, no? Isn't that how it works?

They get flak because, instead of fixing all the miriad of T-pose bugs they keep on working on stuff that will probably create even more T-pose bugs.

And yes, it is bad to have one artist/designer working on animations and such until you figure out what is causing animations to crap out. The fix may involve something that requires animations to be re-worked, throwing a shitload of work into the trash.

It's just like their ship revisions. The artists work on a ship, then either Chris changes his mind or the engine prevents some feature of the ship from working (docking rings, dynamic damage states, etc), so all that work is wasted and new model of a ship is made. It's just incredibly wasteful. You first develop all the tech, fly around in shoebox-looking ships and then, depending on the polygon and texture budget you get from your tests, make the art.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

TheAgent posted:

quote:

If you are asking then yes. We do use internal accounts to prop up funding numbers. These are not backer only funds. We are encouraged to buy ship packages on a bi-weekly basis. Any monies that come to the coffers via internal employee accounts are counted into that number. This includes managers who end up pledging with caveats. These can be sold personally to third parties without supervision. Large packages are sold at discounted amounts to [employees, contracted employees, certain backers and streamers] for heavy discounts. The full amount is represented in the Funding Tracker.
:eyepop:
The sickening truths have been revealed only today.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

TheAgent posted:

not sure if it is, actually

They do have the advice of the brilliant legal minds who came up with the iron-clad TOS to work with, remember

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TheAgent posted:

Now where did that come from?

I've always been suspicious of their funding numbers, I'd love to know if this is true.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I don't understand.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hahahaha

the workers grinding out 100 hours a week for chris and skeletor are also encouraged to blow their crunch pay on overpriced spaceship jpegs

it sounds so crazy it must be true!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

Now where did that come from?

I've always been suspicious of their funding numbers, I'd love to know if this is true.
an email from the guy that talked about the min 3.0 spec release

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
88 is Sandi's favorite number, stop being loving dense, thread.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

IncredibleIgloo posted:

It is not SC. No $750 JPEGs available.

How do you lord your disposable income over people in game then?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TheAgent posted:

an email from the guy that talked about the min 3.0 spec release

If that poo poo's true I'd love to know what their real crowd-funding figure looks like. Bi-weekly fake purchases? How many people do they have doing that?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent posted:

quote:

quote:

This would make a lot of sense.

There was talk awhile back of how streamers always had $600+ chariots to just give away and how the grey market always has stock of any of the ultra limited one time only ships that cost the most.

Some of the grey market stores being CIG workers would explain a ton of things.

It's impossible to prove too since you could never get an accurate survey of the quantities of the limited ships, or really even find out if Manager #3 was selling $5,000 JPEGs while they weren't available for retail sale, and then more of them got released at a later date.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

That would make a lot of sense in a "getting paid without tax" kinda way. You get gifted a ship to sell on the grey-market for working, then no income tax needs to be paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Space Crabs posted:

Some of the grey market stores being CIG workers would explain a ton of things.

Go to r/starcitizen_trades and you'll see that half the posts start with [bump] [WTS]. Poor MoMA will never get his money back. Not that he cares, it was basically the cost of a single sip of the scotch he uses as windshield wiper fluid.