Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Josh Matthews is under psychological strain. On the one hand, he sucks as a commentator and if let go by TNA, his career is pretty much over in that regard. On the other hand, if he doesn't get fired, he has to still do commentary for TNA impact. There is no winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That Raven match in terms of an in ring burial was worse than HHH/Booker. In storyline HHH/Booker was worse but lol at Raven/Jarrett

In terms of one single match that is by far the worst

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There should be a Hall of Fame of burials with that, Booker/HHH, the Hulkamania/Dungeon of Doom cage match at Uncensored, and other all-timer in-ring burials.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Josh Mathews is the type of kid you always knew badly needed the poo poo beaten out of him.

How that never happened in the wrestling industry is loving beyond me.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That Raven match in terms of an in ring burial was worse than HHH/Booker. In storyline HHH/Booker was worse but lol at Raven/Jarrett

Holy poo poo, I had forgot about Triple H/Booker. The only time I have been rendered speechless by the finish of a Wrestlemania match.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Josh Mathews is the type of kid you always knew badly needed the poo poo beaten out of him.

How that never happened in the wrestling industry is loving beyond me.

it did

on camera

and hes still like this

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alain Post posted:

There should be a Hall of Fame of burials with that, Booker/HHH, the Hulkamania/Dungeon of Doom cage match at Uncensored, and other all-timer in-ring burials.

Sting/Hogan, Starcade 97, as well.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It showed us all the true power of Jeff Jarrett's stroke

Annoyed the be-jeezus out of me because Rhyno and Raven as champions piqued my interest enough to seek it out but I learned from WCW that Jeff Jarrett as champion isn't compelling TV

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The cool thing is Raven wasn't the NWA champion in that match so he means other matches! I assume the joke is that we have no idea which but he might have one in mind and I just can't tell because that describes so many.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I legit enjoyed the wedding tonight on Impact. There's a bunch of little things that make it really enjoyable.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I distinctly remember it even after all this time. It was early on, Jarrett was the champ and they were trying to establish him as a HHH/Cena/Reigns-type face overcoming the odds to Herculean extents, and Raven was trying to fulfill his destiny while also being in a stable and I think Russo was there?

I don't share the hatred for that match though because the time Raven finally became champ in a KOTM match, and then lost the belt on a house show with no build to Jarrett a month later so Jeff could hold the belt for the Spike TV debut, pissed me off far far far more than that ever could have

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

RZApublican posted:

Bring back Jerry Jarrett.

I don't think you could, he quit this poo poo show of his own accord

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Alain Post posted:

I submit the following:
-John Cena's stupid team of loving idiots vs Nexus
-Cena vs Barrett TLC

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

sticklefifer posted:

I submit the following:
-John Cena's stupid team of loving idiots vs Nexus

ah yes when John Cena literally ate a finisher on solid concrete then got a clean pin a minute later

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

ah yes when John Cena literally ate a finisher on solid concrete then got a clean pin a minute later

The best part was Edge and Jericho both telling Cena that was a dumb finish, and he did it anyway.

HHH/Sheamus at Wrestlemania was dumb as gently caress, as well as Cena/Wyatt. Wouldn't want to get new people over or anything.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

The cool thing is Raven wasn't the NWA champion in that match so he means other matches! I assume the joke is that we have no idea which but he might have one in mind and I just can't tell because that describes so many.

Holy poo poo I didn't even catch that. Unbelievable.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
John Cena Vs The Miz and Alex Riley ( I had to pause to remember his name) in an I quit match was a good burial. Just John Cena not giving a poo poo and beating two men with ease.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

whiteyfats posted:

He looks like a thumb with hair.

Thanks I was wondering what to get MassRafTer for his birthday

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

whiteyfats posted:

The best part was Edge and Jericho both telling Cena that was a dumb finish, and he did it anyway.

The second best part is Cena coming to Edge and Jericho after the match going "poo poo, you guys were right!"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grendels Dad posted:

The second best part is Cena coming to Edge and Jericho after the match going "poo poo, you guys were right!"

Like 2007 to 2011 or so, seems like the Fed had so many things that caught that they went out of their way to gently caress up. They had something with Nexus, and managed to gently caress it all up.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGsXMNTo9Mc&t=3s

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That was stupid, poorly written and horribly acted... and I loved every goddamn second of it :allears:

It just hit that sweet spot of ridiculous carny nonsense without feeling too forced or contrived, good stuff and it helped that the crowd was having so much fun :)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

whiteyfats posted:

Like 2007 to 2011 or so, seems like the Fed had so many things that caught that they went out of their way to gently caress up. They had something with Nexus, and managed to gently caress it all up.

Luckily it had been hosed up months before and Cena no selling a DDT and winning a match had nothing to do with it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MassRafTer posted:

Luckily it had been hosed up months before and Cena no selling a DDT and winning a match had nothing to do with it.

It wasn't beyond redemption until then, I feel.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Lol i forgot Bret Hart was in that match.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Strawberry Panda posted:

Lol i forgot Bret Hart was in that match.

Heath Slater ping-ponged around him in a manner most amazing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/835089985195880448

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

whiteyfats posted:

It wasn't beyond redemption until then, I feel.

It had never made a ratings difference and that show underperformed on PPV. The feud only really meant anything business wise when it became Cena vs Barrett.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It was still a stupid finish.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That wedding was entertaining and apparently that was all thanks to Madison Rayne, so good for her.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That wedding was legit great tv and Aron Rex reactions were pretty funny. Good job, tna!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

since the discussion has gone to terrible Jeff Jarrett overbooking, now I have to wonder: which was worse, the King of the Mountain match or the Reverse Battle Royale?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jason Sextro posted:

since the discussion has gone to terrible Jeff Jarrett overbooking, now I have to wonder: which was worse, the King of the Mountain match or the Reverse Battle Royale?

King of the Mountain made sense in a oh god I drank all these energy drinks and I can sound now kind of way.

Reverse Battle Royal was just stupid and no one knew how to work it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I liked the reverse battle royal to determine who was in the KOTM match.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"A reverse battle royal match with the girls... gently caress you, Vince Russo, just gently caress you."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

whiteyfats posted:

"A reverse battle royal match with the girls... gently caress you, Vince Russo, just gently caress you."

Reverse CAGE MATCH with the girls!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Reverse CAGE MATCH with the girls!

in a bra and panties match

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

whiteyfats posted:

"They had to pretend to not to be able to climb the ropes. 'Oh god, I'm so blown up!'"

Although that was for the other reverse battle royal match. Why the gently caress did TNA do more than one, were they are the same PPV?

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 25, 2017

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Weddings usually pop a rating but TNAs was good for 275K viewers yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Weddings usually pop a rating but TNAs was good for 275K viewers yesterday.

My favorite TNA thing is when they do something people say is good and ratings go down.

• Locked thread