Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Orrrr not.

:redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

better not be serious ,it's twilight now :redhammer:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
:ghost: There had better be an observer doc for this game :ghost:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mithross posted:

Caught up, but I know I need a reread to really wrap my head around the game. Here are reads on the current three vote leaders in the meantime.

It's been mentioned before, but this is a really bad vote.

And the follow up defense of that vote is also bad

This in particular. Calling something a bad vote isn't the same as being nervous about that vote.

very waffly; it's too early, can't make a hard call, but it's a scum post.

Now we're defending pera for playing like pera plays, and because a lot of people think scummy pera is scummy. This is just after pera hits six votes, so it's not a sure thing yet.

a little bit ago pera being verbose was a town tell, now pera being verbose is a scum tell.

Now chaoslord being willing to vote the progressively scummier and scummier pera is bad? Being willing to vote the vote leader for being scummy isn't a scum tell. Not actually getting around to it isn't great, though, but pera was close enough to lynch at that point that I don't see it as a scum tell either.

(as an aside, I'm not a big fan of the read on Quid CL posted there either, but MMT is much scummier through that exchange)

I had no trouble understanding that MMT's original post was setup spec regarding summons being 3p. I even needed someone to point out what DB was talking about. If MMT flips town, it's going to make DB look very bad.

This, and other followup posts on Kash, make a few good points. Kash has been weak this game.

Overall I think MMT is scum. ##vote MMT

Pander next!

Way to set up a nice chain lynch.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
:redhammer:

My bad, disregard seriousness.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Jesus Christ how are there 300 posts?! Do you guys not have jobs?

me: and there's a hammer above me holy crap

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

:ghost: There had better be an observer doc for this game :ghost:

:ghost: CPig sent it right after I got NK'd :ghost:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The three arrived in the nick of time and saved Rosa. Sadly however, in the desert, a sand pit opened up and swallowed Rydia.

MMT - Rydia The Summoner - Blue Planet Aligned was killed on Day 2!

quote:

CapitalistPig wrote on Feb 17, 2017 3:10 PM:
"You are Rydia

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Rydia

You are blue planet aligned and win when you eliminate all threats to Earth.

Summon - Once per game you may use summon to summon a creature randomly on your target.
You begin with only Chocobo but as time moves on, the stronger your options become.
The following numbers are the night you use summon and the names are what summons you have the chance of using.

1. Chocobo
2. Chocobo, Mist Dragon
3. Chocobo, Mist Dragon, Ifrit, Shiva, Ramuh
4. Chocobo, Mist Dragon, Ifrit, Shiva, Ramuh, Titan
5. Chocobo, Mist Dragon, Ifrit, Shiva, Ramuh, Titan, Odin

Odin is the final summon available so subsequent nights will be the same.

Chocobo = Busdrive (if this is chosen randomly you will be asked for a second target)
Mist Dragon = Roleblock
Ifrit= If the target has a night ability, they will have that ability go off on a random target instead of their initially chosen one, if the target has no ability or chooses not to use it that night then nothing happens.
Shiva = Jail
Ramuh= target becomes a lightning rod that night
Titan= Roleblocks the target and two more random targets
Odin= Unstoppable kill

There are three other Eidolons that may become available, three players are Asura, Leviathan, and Bahamut.
If any of those three players die, you will add them to your list of summons automatically. Those summons may then be used directly instead of relying on randomness.

Asura will protect you and the target to be protected from kills
Leviathan will cause a tidal wave to crash into the game giving each living player a 10% chance to be killed
Bahamat will cause the target to hide for the night, any night actions targeting them will fail and the people visiting them with those actions will be broadcast to the thread the following day."

Its night 2.

REMINDER Blue planet aligned did not get their once per games reset, it was actually Fiend Aligned.

Deadline for night actions 9PM Eastern tomorrow.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Murmur Twin (12): chaoslord, Ahab Itualliar, GulagDolls, King Burgundy, Dick Bastardly, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, this is a stickup, Dick Bastardly, Mithross, The Science of Suck, Jonathan Fisk, Quidthulhu, King Burgundy, Enola Gay-For-Pay, Quidthulhu, Rarity, Kashuno, Rarity, GulagDolls, Ahab Itualliar, Rarity, Ahab Itualliar, Lumpen, Bifauxnen
Quidthulhu (2): Murmur Twin, CCKeane, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Rarity (1): King Burgundy
Pander (1): Lumpen, Little Mac, Lumpen
The Science of Suck (1): Murmur Twin, Pander, Murmur Twin
GulagDolls (1): Dick Bastardly
CCKeane (1): Bifauxnen, GulagDolls, Bifauxnen
Pussy Quipped (0): Jonathan Fisk, Kashuno, Jonathan Fisk, Kashuno
Lumpen (0): Rarity, Rarity, Pander, Pander
Kashuno (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
chaoslord (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Dick Bastardly (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Jonathan Fisk (0): Pander, Pander

Not Voting (4): Asiina, Moatillata, Pussy Quipped, Quidthulhu

With 23 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 22nd, 2017 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 13 minutes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
TMM has replaced Enola Gay for pay

AA has replaced Pussy Quipped

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The New trio headed toward Mt. Hobs so they could warn the kingdom of Fabul about the crystals being
After mourning Rydia they came to the base of the mountain, The way was blocked by Huge pillars of ice.

"Oh no! We need to melt through this ice but how?"

While they thought about it the red wings flew by and dropped a body at the base of the mountain.

"M..... Mom? MOTHER!" cried Rosa.

CCKeane - Joanna - Blue Planet Aligned was killed on N2!

quote:

CapitalistPig wrote on Feb 17, 2017 3:08 PM:
"You are the Joanna

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Joanna_Farrell

You are blue planet aligned and win when you eliminate all threats to Earth."

It is now Day 3!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (21): Ahab Itualliar, Anomalous Amalgam, Asiina, Bifauxnen, chaoslord, Dick Bastardly, GulagDolls, Infinitum, Jonathan Fisk, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Little Mac, Lumpen, Mithross, Moatillata, Pander, Quidthulhu, Rarity, The Science of Suck, this is a stickup, TMMadman

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 25th, 2017 at 6 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

##vote lumpen

Vote's not moving. He's scum.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pander posted:

##vote lumpen

Vote's not moving. He's scum.

Got some casing to back that up?

Got some info to back that up?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Hahaha really?

Are you for real?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

oh and I wrote this up last night when I was curious about lurker status

Postcount as of the end of D2
CapitalistPig 34
chaoslord 33
Mithross 32
:siren::siren:Lumpen 32:siren::siren:
Ahab Itualliar 28
IllegallySober 24
Pussy Quipped 20
Enola Gay-For-Pay 16
Moatillata 15
Little Mac 14
The Science of Suck 8

:allears: hi lumpen :allears:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He replaced in later dude

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Got some casing to back that up?

Got some info to back that up?

Case is basically everything I was saying yesterday? He's a fiend, was flying high having lynched a lunarian, and played too loose. He let slip that he knew there were two scumteams, has stuck to only a couple very safe cases, and yeah he's scum. I can go through everything later, but for now I just want everyone to know the dude is super duper scum.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Jonathan Fisk posted:

He replaced in later dude

shhh don't ruin hearty comeuppance.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I could see lumpen as scum but still I think there are better choices

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I could see lumpen as scum but still I think there are better choices
This is a worthless statement.

Explain why you could see him as scum.

Explain who the better choices are.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi guys, I caught up during the night. Sorry for being so absent during D2. The game kinda got away from me and then there were 10+ pages and I just ran out of time.

I also would have voted MMT so I'm not sure it would have mattered if I was here.

I have some thoughts but don't have a huge amount of time tonight. I think Bif is town. I obviously think KB is town. I think Pander is an idiot but most likely town. I was waffling on Quid, but overnight I read him again and I think he's town and just being a dumb as per usual.

I will be honest that I have Lumpen on ignore, but if that really is the scumslip that it looks to be then I'll buy him as scum.

I also agree with KB that thinning the lurker herd would be good and cool.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He's not towny

Better scum choices have been listed previously

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hello everyone.

I am here to solve the game for you.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Hi guys, I caught up during the night. Sorry for being so absent during D2. The game kinda got away from me and then there were 10+ pages and I just ran out of time.

I also would have voted MMT so I'm not sure it would have mattered if I was here.

I have some thoughts but don't have a huge amount of time tonight. I think Bif is town. I obviously think KB is town. I think Pander is an idiot but most likely town. I was waffling on Quid, but overnight I read him again and I think he's town and just being a dumb as per usual.

I will be honest that I have Lumpen on ignore, but if that really is the scumslip that it looks to be then I'll buy him as scum.

I also agree with KB that thinning the lurker herd would be good and cool.

I am sort of working through some of the thread, but before I do, let me just say that this post pings the hell out of me.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Thanks, Johnathan. I replaced in on page 13, and Pander is being blatantly unfair in his posturing. It is Scummy.

Sup fellow Townies? Look, Pander clearly thinks he's got some traction to save himself from his obvious, obvious Scumbuddies-with-peramene posting of D1. He is Lunarian Scum, I am Town. Reread his posts in light of the flips. For all of you who are are Town too like I am, I urge you to re-read my posts too and it should be obvious that you've got a fiend in me.

Just to stave off any more of this nonsense, I may as well claim. At this point it doesn't matter at all apparently. In fact, I am none other than Asura, the third summon! Which makes me vanilla Town, clearly.

##vote Pander he is Lunarian.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Lumpen posted:

In fact, I am none other than Asura, the third summon!

Counter claim ##vote lumpen

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
did either of you fruitcups breadcrumb this?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
This is very weird. Why claim something so very likely to be counter claimed, especially something we have been told is VT.

On the other hand, why counter claim it...

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

this is a stickup posted:

did either of you fruitcups breadcrumb this?

Was not expecting to need to breadcrumb a VT role and I don't know anything about FF4 so I did not

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hi alright I'm not home despite having been home most of the day but now I can at least take a look at the thread

*Claim and counter claim*

Why did any of this happen?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Mithross posted:

This is very weird. Why fake claim something so very likely to be counter claimed, especially something we have been told is VT.

On the other hand, why fake counter claim it...

Mafia edit

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mithross posted:

This is very weird. Why claim something so very likely to be counter claimed, especially something we have been told is VT.

like there's no chance that scum come out and counterclaim something that will get them killed in exchange for 1 VT maybe dying, right?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mithross posted:

Are you serious w/r/t the bold? Why wouldn't I counter claim it? Someone is claiming my flavor. They can't actually have it. They are lying. They are scum. I feel like I have played fine enough that people will take my counter as credible.

I am VT so it's not like I'm a cop counter claiming a cop like that time Rarity used the counter to shoot me. I feel that countering was 100% the correct thing to do immediately. Waiting on it, Lumpen could have cast doubt on how long it took for me to do it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Lumpen if that's not your role then why would you claim it when there's little to no pressure on you?

Me: phone sucks

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

chaoslord posted:

Are you serious w/r/t the bold? Why wouldn't I counter claim it? Someone is claiming my flavor. They can't actually have it. They are lying. They are scum. I feel like I have played fine enough that people will take my counter as credible.

I am VT so it's not like I'm a cop counter claiming a cop like that time Rarity used the counter to shoot me. I feel that countering was 100% the correct thing to do immediately. Waiting on it, Lumpen could have cast doubt on how long it took for me to do it.

See my correction. I meant fake counter claim.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mithross posted:

Mafia edit

That makes more sense.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Little Mac posted:

Lumpen if that's not your role then why would you claim it when there's little to no pressure on you?

Me: phone sucks

Exactly. I can't see scum Lumpen fake claiming a flavor he knows for sure is taken and alive with no pressure.

I can't see scum chaos counter claiming a VT in an attempt to get them lynched.

They're both better players than that.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Mithross posted:

Exactly. I can't see scum Lumpen fake claiming a flavor he knows for sure is taken and alive with no pressure.

I can't see scum chaos counter claiming a VT in an attempt to get them lynched.

They're both better players than that.

I have no idea why he claimed asura other than playing odds it might not have been assigned. Claiming this early is also pretty clear that he's nervous and knows he's screwed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Maybe Lumpen's role has something to do with finding summons or Asura? Does pig give counter claims to scum or no?

• Locked thread