Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

TBeats posted:

People supporting a raise in police wages while also not supporting $15/hr minimum wage would be really funny to me.

This is like every republican with the exception of a small, but larger than it should be, faction of the extra special gently caress slime who think anyone but the extreme wealth should be a slave serving their masters, including police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The future holds two real jobs: automating away what's left and private security to make sure the poor don't get too close to Taco Bell

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

facialimpediment posted:

Uh oh.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/834907058059243520

Donnie done hosed up (the FBI refused).

drip drip drip

gently caress, i may have toxxed too soon

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Donnie done hosed up

Hey remember when he said he'd really like to make America's nuclear arsenal great again?

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/834914770637717504

Remember that?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

The more I am watching this landfill fire, the more I see a chance that Trump could be impeached, a process that would take several months and pretty much block congress from being able to gently caress the people. After which, Mike Pence would spend the remaining year/year and a half trying to calm down the international poo poo, which keeps him from installing Sharia law STRONG CHRISTIAN VALUES.

After that the GOP control of congress and state governments gets gutted by the left wing version of the Tea Party. Causing Pence to put our government in stasis by vetoing everything from Congress while they, and the court slaps down his ultra conservative/hyper religious executive order agenda.

Then we get to elect Elizabeth Warren in 2020.

Holy poo poo.. We may actually survive the 2016 extinction level event.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Genocide Tendency posted:

The more I am watching this landfill fire, the more I see a chance that Trump could be impeached, a process that would take several months and pretty much block congress from being able to gently caress the people. After which, Mike Pence would spend the remaining year/year and a half trying to calm down the international poo poo, which keeps him from installing Sharia law STRONG CHRISTIAN VALUES.

After that the GOP control of congress and state governments gets gutted by the left wing version of the Tea Party. Causing Pence to put our government in stasis by vetoing everything from Congress while they, and the court slaps down his ultra conservative/hyper religious executive order agenda.

loving lmao like that'll ever happen, any of it

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Trump isn't getting impeached. Either party would fall in line behind Pol Pot if he said he would rubber stamp their legislative agenda and let them fill 2-4 Supreme Court vacancies with the youngest, craziest duckfuckers they could find while he focused on Making Kampuchea Great Again.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
He's not getting impeached this year or next year. But 2019 is a possibility. But then it's just "wait til 2020"

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Just lol if you think we've hit bottom. After 2018 ("elections are every four years, right?"), Democrats won't even be able to put up token resistance. Maybe there's some relief in 2020, but that assumes Bannon and Sessions and crew haven't let every Republican controlled state (guess what? it's most of them!) feverishly disenfranchise minorities.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Thanks for the Xenophobia, Trump

http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/23/14717506/garmin-engineer-shooting-kansas

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The company my mom works for does a lot of business with Garmin and the rumor they heard was that the guy was wearing a MAGA shirt when he did it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Impeach Trump lol

He could ride Chris Kyle's corpse through a Mexican hooker's golden shower and wipe his rear end with the flag and his base would still support him if he promised to gently caress over more brown people.

Congressional Republicans might not like the guy but they'd rather deal with him than facing the electoral music on betraying Trump.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Yeah Congress isn't going to do poo poo until they think it will hurt them politically if they don't and the drooling fools who occupy most of this garbage fire of a country's land mass love Trumps 'tell it like it is, stick it to LIEberals shtick".

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/23/...e=Homepage&_r=0

:stare: :stare: :stare:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

10 milligrams on your skin is all it takes.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Hey man you just hosed up your Ferrari.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Of course they found the dude in an applebees getting drunk.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
All the fatalism in this thread reminds me of why we lost Iraq and Afghanistan.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
The protests, town halls and people I'm talking to have done a lot to give me a sense of optimism. There's just person after person that says, "I've never paid attention to politics. Never even voted before but this? This if hosed up, what can I do?" I'm coming around to the idea that Trump may actually screw things up so bad he gets impeached and while I know it's going to be at best a minor blood bath in the midterms I think there's going to be a lot of shockers in there and then in 2020 we're looking at a loving slaughter for the GOP. As long as the canned sunshine stays in the bottle I'm actually hopeful for how things work out. Like putting a weakened virus into a syringe, Trump seems to be a hosed up, short sighted failure of an authoritarian leader too stupid to do things effectively and the white blood cells of democracy are reacting to his approach.

I now look forward to finding out how much hope is a lie.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
The USA is one major incident done by a Muslim away from half-fascism and well on the road to full. But yes if outrage keeps up there might be some major changes in the political landscape (hopefully)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

So yeah, bin laden was pretty successful with his plan.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Because we had no plan? No exit strategy? Just go in, knock some heads, fly the flag, and....sit there for 10+ years.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e%2Fin-the-news

quote:

The opening 13 seconds — reminiscent of the beginning of a trailer for an apocalyptic war film — are a buildup for what the video's protagonist says next:

“Already, the forces that conspired to keep Donald Trump out of the White House are coming together to sabotage his administration,” declares Wayne LaPierre, the executive vice president of the National Rifle Association.

The ad, released before the start of the Conservative Political Action Conference, not only solidifies the NRA's role as a Trump ally; it also positions LaPierre — and his organization — as the leaders of a movement to resist the resistance against Trump.

. . .

The ad uses clips of street protests and flag-burning, footage of people smashing windows, and a video by a Russian government-funded television network of people starting fires — all to portray the other side as initiators of a violent war against the president.

Another clip shows the mentally disabled white teenager who was beaten and tortured by four young African American adults. The suspects can be heard shouting expletives about white people and Trump in a video of the attack that was broadcast live on Facebook.

Hey where's Skyshark to try to claim how the NRA is totally nonpartisan and supports everyone who wants to own guns.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
7 yr old kids can change this, right?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

psydude posted:

Hey where's Skyshark to try to claim how the NRA is totally nonpartisan and supports everyone who wants to own guns.

A shame the left spent decades trying to disarm itself

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Genocide Tendency posted:

Trump is going to bomb brown people, Dubya 2004 is going to play out all over again, and the maggot will fester the wounds for another 4 years.

e: The difference this time is like we are two ticks away from fascism, which is pretty awesome, right?

e2:

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Impeach Trump lol

He could ride Chris Kyle's corpse through a Mexican hooker's golden shower and wipe his rear end with the flag and his base would still support him if he promised to gently caress over more brown people.

Congressional Republicans might not like the guy but they'd rather deal with him than facing the electoral music on betraying Trump.

Yup.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 24, 2017

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

A shame the left spent decades trying to disarm itself

There's plenty of other organizations out there supporting the 2nd Amendment that aren't basically just a front for people who really wish they could shoot black people.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

psydude posted:

Goddamn, gently caress the NRA. I will never be a member as long as Wayne is around even though I like guns and own several of them.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Kawasaki Nun posted:

The current situation mirrors the invasion of Iraq pretty closely. Ideology and greed driving policy with no oversight. Anyone competent gets the can for not conforming or for "being negative" about impossible or conflicting goals. Important budgets get slashed to the point of being worthless while money is siphoned .

Corruption is the name of the game, blatant lies to hide it get glossed over in a series of unwinding scandals with no adequate investigation.

Trump will be on a aircraft carrier declaring he made America great again within the year.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I'm sure those brave gun toting patriots at the NRA will come out and support people when the government starts pooping on peoples rights right, and won't just not sit quietly unless the government starts coming after the rights of certain people to own guns.

*NRA comes out to protest against trump protests*

Hmm welp. Good thing those gun control measures were useless as passed at least.

For all that talk of "Good guy with gun > bad guy with gun" and "these guns will stop tyranny" you'd think they be less with Trump.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Kelly has been kind of poo poo lately, but it sounds like Mattis and Kelly basically think the White House is full of toddlers.

https://twitter.com/MaxBoot/status/834930331933356032

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

facialimpediment posted:

Kelly has been kind of poo poo lately, but it sounds like Mattis and Kelly basically think the White House is full of toddlers.

https://twitter.com/MaxBoot/status/834930331933356032

It's funny when the military leaders are now the reasoned voices for the authatarian take over of the United States of America.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That thread title.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Godholio posted:

That thread title.

Hard to argue, really.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
well at least it doesn't have a slur in it anymore

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

psydude posted:

The NRA is wholeheartedly supporting Trump because Trump was unequivocal about supporting the 2nd Amendment. After Obama & Clinton & the Democratic leadership coming out full force for gun control with positions so lovely that even the ACLU agreed with the NRA about how stupid that poo poo is, what do you expect?

Perhaps if the Democrats pulled their heads out of their asses and stopped supporting such a loser of an issue, this would change. LMAO who am I kidding, this is the same party that says that countries Obama listed as security threats don't deserve extra vetting, but US citizens who haven't been convicted (or even arrested) should lose their constitutional rights because of secret government lists.

Sorry dude, you picked the wrong side to back on this issue.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Lol

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

sky shark posted:

The NRA is wholeheartedly supporting Trump because Trump was unequivocal about supporting the 2nd Amendment. After Obama & Clinton & the Democratic leadership coming out full force for gun control with positions so lovely that even the ACLU agreed with the NRA about how stupid that poo poo is, what do you expect?

Perhaps if the Democrats pulled their heads out of their asses and stopped supporting such a loser of an issue, this would change. LMAO who am I kidding, this is the same party that says that countries Obama listed as security threats don't deserve extra vetting, but US citizens who haven't been convicted (or even arrested) should lose their constitutional rights because of secret government lists.

Sorry dude, you picked the wrong side to back on this issue.

Is there a difference between supporting a candidate and literally gargling the balls of him and his political machine while making ads that have nothing to do with his 2nd amendment stance?

I think there is, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Is there not a GiP policy of never mentioning skyshark precisely to avoid situations like this? Its not like this discussion is going to go anywhere but stupid

• Locked thread