Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

sky shark posted:

The NRA is wholeheartedly supporting Trump because Trump was unequivocal about supporting the 2nd Amendment. After Obama & Clinton & the Democratic leadership coming out full force for gun control with positions so lovely that even the ACLU agreed with the NRA about how stupid that poo poo is, what do you expect?

Perhaps if the Democrats pulled their heads out of their asses and stopped supporting such a loser of an issue, this would change. LMAO who am I kidding, this is the same party that says that countries Obama listed as security threats don't deserve extra vetting, but US citizens who haven't been convicted (or even arrested) should lose their constitutional rights because of secret government lists.

Sorry dude, you picked the wrong side to back on this issue.

except none of this explains why the NRA and gun owners like you have happily positioned themselves as the defender of the very authoritarinism they say the 2nd is supposed to stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

sky shark posted:

The NRA is wholeheartedly supporting Trump because Trump was unequivocal about supporting the 2nd Amendment. After Obama & Clinton & the Democratic leadership coming out full force for gun control with positions so lovely that even the ACLU agreed with the NRA about how stupid that poo poo is, what do you expect?

Perhaps if the Democrats pulled their heads out of their asses and stopped supporting such a loser of an issue, this would change. LMAO who am I kidding, this is the same party that says that countries Obama listed as security threats don't deserve extra vetting, but US citizens who haven't been convicted (or even arrested) should lose their constitutional rights because of secret government lists.

Sorry dude, you picked the wrong side to back on this issue.

:jerkbag:

Or just possibly you know, some people might use more than one criteria on whom to support politically.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sky Shark weighing in on key issues i see.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

DoktorLoken posted:

:jerkbag:

Or just possibly you know, some people might use more than one criteria on whom to support politically.

To be fair, we're literally talking about a one-issue lobbying group.

That said, they avoided getting openly anti-gun Hillary elected, so now maybe it's time to give a poo poo about liberty again.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ugh god please don't bait that gently caress into another "mah guns" argument

i was having such a good day

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

psydude posted:

There's plenty of other organizations out there supporting the 2nd Amendment that aren't basically just a front for people who really wish they could shoot black people.

Please identify them ITT so I can drain my bank account in their favor and get one step closer to realizing my dream of ignoring a destitute Wayne La Pierre as he panhandles on a street corner.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

KildarX posted:

I'm sure those brave gun toting patriots at the NRA will come out and support people when the government starts pooping on peoples rights right, and won't just not sit quietly unless the government starts coming after the rights of certain people to own guns.

*NRA comes out to protest against trump protests*

Hmm welp. Good thing those gun control measures were useless as passed at least.

For all that talk of "Good guy with gun > bad guy with gun" and "these guns will stop tyranny" you'd think they be less with Trump.

It doesn't count as tyranny if it's against brown people.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hey sky shark this beautiful post was by goatstein in the glorious days of helldump but I feel it still applies

quote:

sorry, let me clarify

the last six years have shown me that conservatives of your stripe are generally simpering bigoted ragedrunk authoritarians with a daddy complex and you've done both jack and poo poo about the expansion of government power used for horrific ends; and thus any of your claims about you heavily-armed dorkos protecting us from tyranny are fraudulent on their face

furthermore, it is pretty clear that the circumstances in which you whining fairies might actually rebel have nothing to do with tyranny and everything to do with meth-fueled paranoid lunacy and anger about not getting your way on various social positions

fortunately, however, as established before you're all a bunch of pussy fucks so no one is terribly concerned and realize that your complaints are 99% fist-shaking bluster

however should one day you decide The Revoltuion is Now you should also be aware that it will be the same day i shoot you in the head, more as punishment for being a dumb gently caress than any political reason

i hope we are on the same page now

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I wonder what the NRA would say if a bunch of pot farmers strap up and get into a nice shootout with the DEA when they start doing interdiction raids in recreational weed states.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 24, 2017

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

proposal: every time sky shark starts vomiting tripe about muh gurn rites in GiP he eats a successively longer probie

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kazinsal posted:

proposal: every time sky shark starts vomiting tripe about muh gurn rites in GiP he eats a successively longer probie

Counter-proposal: ban everyone close forums

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Pesticide20 posted:

Counter-proposal: ban everyone close forums

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I wonder where the NRA is gonna be if a bunch of pot farmers strap up and get into a nice shootout with the DEA when they start doing interdiction raids in recreational weed states.

Stroking themselves off to the drone footage while shoving out invites to their wine club with the other hand would be my guess.

In a similar vein, I would not be surprised whatsoever to see some EO(s) come down that clearly stipulate that only the Correct Type™ of citizen may own firearms.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

There's enough SHAME CUBES for all of us, friends.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
promote sky shark to gip ik anarchy reigns

(do not do this)

(seriously do not do this)

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Kazinsal posted:

counter proposal: you have an anime avatar so you also join his successively longer probations if you post in gip in the same week he is probated..

its really troubling to me that the right doesnt take up support for legalization. its such a slam dunk for people after gen x and it would be, at face value, a conservative ideal. i know part of it is prison lobby/police union lobby and part old people voting.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

GiP proposal, ban all anime.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Two Finger posted:

Hey sky shark this beautiful post was by goatstein in the glorious days of helldump but I feel it still applies

This is beautiful

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Anime is illegal in GiP

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

counter proposal: you have an anime avatar so you also join his successively longer probations if you post in gip in the same week he is probated..

its really troubling to me that the right doesnt take up support for legalization. its such a slam dunk for people after gen x and it would be, at face value, a conservative ideal. i know part of it is prison lobby/police union lobby and part old people voting.

The libertarian wing obviously supports it, but they're drowned out by the aforementioned.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

I feel it'd go over somewhat well in Appalachia with so many life long R voters losing friends and families to the god awful opiate epidemic.

Though the remaining majority would stick to the "it empowers the raging urban feral, someone protect our nubile white women!" garbage, so so much for that.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

psydude posted:

There's plenty of other organizations out there supporting the 2nd Amendment that aren't basically just a front for people who really wish they could shoot black people.

I think you're confusing the GOA with the NRA.

Seriously you have the NRA and SAF and that's it. ACLU isn't any real help.

Things like the GOA are loving horrendous AND worthless.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Sky Shark is actually right, in this case. About the gun control issue at the very least. The vetting thing? Eh, not so much.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

JPFO brought us that legendary coloring book tho

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Anime is illegal in GiP

Finally something we agree on

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Deathy McDeath posted:

Sky Shark is actually right, in this case. About the gun control issue at the very least. The vetting thing? Eh, not so much.
Yep. Like the NRA, everyone would be better off if they stuck to guns.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Deathy McDeath posted:

I fully agree that the Dems are wrong on gun control, but sucking off Wayne LaPierre isn't something I'm willing to do.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Two Finger posted:

:jackbud: iceburn posts that bring up shooting people you think are dumb fucks in the head because lol fuckemrite are kinda weird and sort of gross but I never read helldump so maybe I'm missing context or something.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Helldump was a very special place on the forums, second only to DPPH.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Wait can we get back to talking about how NK got ahold of loving VX gas? Or did the Russians just give them a vial? I'm sure they could have synthesized it on their own, but lol if they did because Trump will go all in on that one.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mister Sinewave posted:

:jackbud: iceburn posts that bring up shooting people you think are dumb fucks in the head because lol fuckemrite are kinda weird and sort of gross but I never read helldump so maybe I'm missing context or something.

Maybe he was referring to his ejaculate? :iiam:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

orange juche posted:

GiP proposal, ban all anime.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Anime is illegal in GiP

Two Finger posted:

Finally something we agree on

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

Wait can we get back to talking about how NK got ahold of loving VX gas? Or did the Russians just give them a vial? I'm sure they could have synthesized it on their own, but lol if they did because Trump will go all in on that one.

I"m not exactly a chemist, does anyone know how difficult it is to produce and contain VX? While I highly doubt anyone knows the point in time when they started -- assuming this isn't a case of Russia back them for whatever insane reason -- just how bad could it be if the North Korean government is, at the very least, capable of manufacture?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

For all the bad that Trump has done so far, someone tell me why I should be shocked and appalled at the plan to deport people who illegally crossed the Mexican border into the US to Mexico instead of repatriating them to their home countries.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Office Pig posted:

I"m not exactly a chemist, does anyone know how difficult it is to produce and contain VX? While I highly doubt anyone knows the point in time when they started -- assuming this isn't a case of Russia back them for whatever insane reason -- just how bad could it be if the North Korean government is, at the very least, capable of manufacture?

The instructions are literally on Wikipedia. And unlike nuclear weapons where there's a ton of complex manufacturing involved, you could basically get there with some background in organic chemistry and a university science lab.

e: Hah - The suggested permissible airborne exposure concentration of VX for an 8 hour workday or a 40 hour work week is an 8 hour time weighted average (TWA) of 0.00001 mg/m3 (9 x 10-7 ppm). But the good news is that it's not a known carcinogen!

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 24, 2017

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Well that's just super. Bring on the nukes, I say.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Office Pig posted:

It's an organophosphate, if you can make sheep-dip, you can make Vx. So basically anyone can. Easily. Handling it, not so much, but in an operation like the North Korea one, a small uni lab could pull that off easily.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Buca di Bepis posted:

For all the bad that Trump has done so far, someone tell me why I should be shocked and appalled at the plan to deport people who illegally crossed the Mexican border into the US to Mexico instead of repatriating them to their home countries.

At the most basic, Mexico has previously said that they won't take them in. As I understand it, it would effectively make them people without a country. Who is worse in that situation, the country that expels them or the one that won't take them as refugees/asylum seekers? I don't really know.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Buca di Bepis posted:

Accepting the premise that they all illegally crossed the Mexican border rather than over staying a visa how about basic human decency? Bonus that some of them will be spouses and children of U.S. service members because Trump killed Parole in Place.

Man that bugs me. The nicest and highest speed dude in my company in Korea was a Mexican national who enlisted for U.S. citizenship. The only time he got in trouble was when command found out that he would regularly wire his entire paycheck back home to his wife and daughter.

:trumppop:Tough poo poo Luis, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Blind Rasputin posted:

They've got hella large stockpiles of chemical weapons. They also apparently have perfected binary agents as well. As evidenced in Malaysia.

VX isn't particularly difficult chemistry for a nation state at all. If you can synthesize pesticides or insecticides in large quantity you can also produce VX easily.

The binary agent thing is novel (in that this is the first use of a binary VX agent. The U.S. And U.S.S.R. had this poo poo down decades ago.) and def nation state sponsored. That was cooked up by a no bull poo poo chemical weapons lab.

There's literally no way the DPRK didn't do this.

• Locked thread