Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoflcopterPilot
Mar 17, 2004
What did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP!
nvm, thanks!

RoflcopterPilot fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Feb 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Sexual attraction in this context is not a part of my programming
I'm looking for an artist to draw a D&D character for me. I have a ton of detail and previous commissions to help bring out the picture I want. I'm after quite a detailed style and nothing cartoony please. Also just so you know incase you have troubles with certain species, the commision will be of an Orc. I may also be looking for a background to go with it depending on the price!

Please PM me with an email address I can reply to you on and we can see if the price/style is what I am after.

Thankyou!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Pruney posted:

I'm looking for an artist to draw a D&D character for me. I have a ton of detail and previous commissions to help bring out the picture I want. I'm after quite a detailed style and nothing cartoony please. Also just so you know incase you have troubles with certain species, the commision will be of an Orc. I may also be looking for a background to go with it depending on the price!

Please PM me with an email address I can reply to you on and we can see if the price/style is what I am after.

Thankyou!

Do you have messaging? I don't see a "Message" icon below your post. Either way, I could probably help you out. You can take a look at some of the stuff I've done and see what you think:

http://phylodox.com
http://alan-cooper.deviantart.com

You can email me through the contact section of my website (the first link) if you're interested.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
(Nothing to see here. lol. Was just offering weekend booze money.)

Tortilla Maker fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 24, 2017

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'll make you a logo for $600 under contract. Deal?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I'll do it for $550.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Tortilla Maker posted:

Wanted to cross-post to a logo design contest I put up on SA-Mart.

Selected winner gets $40! (Bump from the initial $30)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3810856&perpage=40

This sounds like "please do spec work for me for free." Rather than "hiring" a designer by having a bunch do the same work and then paying the best one, you should pick your designer first and then pay them to do your logo.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

My favorite is the exclamation point after the embarrassingly low price. Oh boy, forty whole American dollars?!

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

I am of the opinion that people posting for spec work in this sub-forum should receive a nice six hour suspension for being ignorant jerks and completely failing to read the OP.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Sorry guys. Didn't mean to offend. :)

I based the price on past requests for similar projects that I found on SA-Mart.

I have MS Paint and figured that someone with a few minutes to spare and 1000x more creative aptitude could throw something decent looking together. Thanks for your feedback though!

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

kedo posted:

I am of the opinion that people posting for spec work in this sub-forum should receive a nice six hour suspension for being ignorant jerks and completely failing to read the OP.

Make it a month!

(i'm just angry because I just got outbid on a real project)

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Tortilla Maker posted:

Sorry guys. Didn't mean to offend. :)

I based the price on past requests for similar projects that I found on SA-Mart.

I have MS Paint and figured that someone with a few minutes to spare and 1000x more creative aptitude could throw something decent looking together. Thanks for your feedback though!

The unfortunate compromise that these forums have struck is that all spec work stays in SA Mart (when it should actually not be allowed at all, but whatevs). This forum and specifically this thread tends to be full of people who do this stuff as their primary means of living so you'll likely only get snark from us.

Good luck with your taking advantage and devaluing of a legitimate business, though! Send me free samples of whatever it is your business does.

mutata fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 24, 2017

verhulce
Mar 3, 2007
Looking for a photographer for a couple of hours work. Yes. Wedding. Outdoors. But only involving two people.

This would be on Friday, July 7th in Salem, Massachusetts.

I've looked at the commercial photogs in the area and would prefer to not look like an Anne Geddes calendar or substandard Target ad.

Please reply via PM with portfolio and prices.

Good Parmesan
Nov 30, 2007

I TAKE PHOTOS OF OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN IN PLANET FITNESS
Not sure whether to start new thread, but Megabus just launched a contest to draw an "eco-friendly travel" design. The best entry goes on one of their buses along with $1000 prize.

http://woobox.com/ogjv7a

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

gently caress design contests.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

It's like spec work, but worse because there's a hundred other people going for it! Do it for the love of the craft, because you're not gonna get anything else out of it.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
I'm looking for someone to refine a logo for me! This is the best (only) image I have of it:

I'm no artist, but I designed it myself and carved it out of abalone. If it's not clear it's my name "JD" and an 8th note. I'll be using the logo for my stringed instrument repair business.

I was hoping for more refined line art version, maybe in a scalable format? I don't know much about this stuff.

I think this is a pretty simple request so please send me a PM to discuss compensation if you're interested!

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
I need some 3D models/textures for a game 🎮. I need just a couple things now, but probably many more things later. PM me.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice
EDIT: Quote is not PM :downs:

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

Actually I need somebody to do some game concept artwork as well, as soon as I get some design work done.

e: i got a man

baby puzzle fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Apr 21, 2017

Sanosuke
Aug 6, 2001
I'm a BIG GAY FAGGOT who doesn't come when he's supposed to.
Hello,

Looking for somebody to create a few renders from an existing 3DS Max model. Please PM me to discuss further.

Thank you!

Edit: don't expect this to take a lot of time but will happily compensate however requested by respondees

Sanosuke fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 13, 2017

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Hey y'all, I'm open for commissions! I've got a fiverr up right now, but you can also contact me through PMs on here in case you want something different.

https://www.fiverr.com/sociopastry
my art on tumblr
my redbubble

FluxFaun fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 10, 2017

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Sorry in advance if im posting this in the wrong place. I've dabbled in graphic design and a friend of mine asked if i'd like to take a whack at designing the tshirt for a big summer teaching program for a UC (University of California) school. They liked my sketches and told me if I design it I can name my price.

Is this sort of work still around $60 an hour? I want to be paid well but don't want to come off as an rear end in a top hat. I think it'll take me 8 hours. I work full time in a kitchen and don't want to make this a new career or anything, just scratching cash on the side.

Any advice is welcome!

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

BBQ Dave posted:

Sorry in advance if im posting this in the wrong place. I've dabbled in graphic design and a friend of mine asked if i'd like to take a whack at designing the tshirt for a big summer teaching program for a UC (University of California) school. They liked my sketches and told me if I design it I can name my price.

Is this sort of work still around $60 an hour? I want to be paid well but don't want to come off as an rear end in a top hat. I think it'll take me 8 hours. I work full time in a kitchen and don't want to make this a new career or anything, just scratching cash on the side.

Any advice is welcome!

Get it! Thats a good rate for someone just "dabbling".

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

Seems fair to me. For comparison, if you want some rando from upwork.com you might pay $20-30/hour. If you want a professional who designs full-time then you might pay $80-$100 per hour, or more.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Thanks baby and farrule! Going for it at $60 hr. Gonna use this to pay for that world market couch we got on sale.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Hey folks! I'ma recent animation graduate who's lookin for work! I'll do anythin! But my strengths are in 2d character animation, layout/compositing, character design, and story.

You can find my reel here https://vimeo.com/221202069 and my Degree Project here! https://vimeo.com/217931360

email me at buffetofliescomic@gmail.com

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'm potentially looking for a 3D artist. I was thinking of doing this myself but I'm not a good artist :(.

https://www.upwork.com/jobs/_~01aeafa3b874214288

deadend
Oct 1, 2005
I'm looking for somebody to do a basic photoshop, $10, basically photoshopping a house into an ear, PM me if interested

Edit: Job completed and paid. Thanks No. 9

deadend fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 24, 2017

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Looking for editorial help on my web serial.

I have a backlog about 30 parts of about 1.5k words per part and a previous attempt to get an editor on the project fell through so I'm looking for bids on a per chapter (About 3-4k words) basis with a view to having editorial work on newly released parts on a constant basis after words.

PastPerfect
Nov 23, 2004

Rocking it out with my 60hz Hum

Nap Ghost
Need an engraving design for the front of a rack mounted piece of gaming equipment. The unit is called the "After School Special" and it should appear someplace on the face. There will be a reset and power buttons installed on the right side of the faceplate. The engraved areas will be filled with gold leaf,

My Initial thoughts were to use a generated image as the engraving pattern from a cycloid drawing machine. I'm totally open to other ideas though. If this is something you would be interested in working on please send me a PM with your portfolio, rate and how many versions that it would include. If you have additional questions please let me know. Thanks!

grissenko
Jan 18, 2006

Oh he's so pringles. Where yo curleh mustache at?!
Fun Shoe
I am looking for someone to create a chapter symbol for my homebrew space marine army, something simple that can be scaled to fit on miniatures. I am wanting to make my own decal sheets from the symbol. I have a rough idea of what I am looking for in the symbol itself, but I am flexible with interpretation in order to get something clear and good looking. Please message me if you are interested, we can discuss all the details that way.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I'm looking for someone who can create a vector drawing of bodybuilders and potentially aviation/plane nose art. I like the clean, bold lines and colors of a lot of the stuff on this page: https://blanktag.co/shop/ but would need a just slightly more realistic looking end product. I have a mock-up in photoshop and some other material for direction if needed. Please PM me.

Edit* working with someone, will post back when/if I have other jobs.

a dingus fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 26, 2018

Flying-Chip
May 2, 2004

Hey guys, I'm an illustrator with over four years of experience working for a big publisher in Mexico. MY WIFE found a cool job in another city so we had to move and it's not easy finding illustration jobs here so I'm offering my services. I specialize in ridiculous fantasy art but i can do anything: infographics, character design, logo design, etc. I'll even dance for you if the price is right.

You can check out some of my work at the following links:
https://www.panchopper.net
https://www.instagram.com/panchopperrrrrr/
https://www.behance.net/monstruodo1dde

You can contact me by PMs or through any of the sites above if you're interested. Thanks!

Gath
Sep 23, 2009
I need a artist to paint / draw (digitally) a coworker in the style of a van wizard / old d&d wizard fighting a dragon or bear / monster. (Frank frazetta style?)

Will need to add some elements that are specific work related. Looking for quotes please PM

Edit: found someone to work on this. Thanks for replys.

Gath fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 21, 2018

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I have a goofy concept for some artwork I'd like done to print on a t-shirt for my wife's birthday. If I can't get the t-shirt printed in time that's fine, as long as the project could be completed by April 23. Nothing too complicated, doesn't really need to be colored, but this thread doesn't have recent posts so I'm unsure if this is going to get seen by many? I guess send me a PM or email me at davebo357 at gmail or gchat if you want to show me a gallery, go over my stupid idea and give me a price.

Edit: Found someone, thanks everybody!

davebo fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 9, 2018

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
Hey, folks! I’m looking for someone who can do a slew of T-shirt designs for me. I have quite a few right now, and depending on if I can make a thing out of this, I’d be interested in doing repeat work with a good designer. Most of my ideas involve cartoony/goofy Trump and Trump related things, and I don’t think any of them are complicated.

I don’t have platinum and therefore can’t get PMs, but if anyone is interested I’d be willing to set up a good line of communication via email (lonedrummer316 at Hotmail dot com) to discuss designs, pricing, etc. Thanks in advance to those who take the time to reach out!

Newf
Feb 14, 2006
I appreciate hacky sack on a much deeper level than you.
Hi all. I'm looking for someone to do some line art / silhouette art that's destined to become a stencil for sandblasting onto glasses. An image search for 'sandblasting stencils' should give the right idea of the medium.

The basic idea is to sketch 4 scenes, roughly 10cm x 20cm each, that mark some milestone events. Birthday present for my wife.

I had originally conceived of the art style being pretty simple / cartoonish, but this is probably because when I was first toying with the idea I had it in mind to do myself. I still like the idea of relatively lo-fi art, but I'm open to considering other stuff as well.

Please get in touch via PM (or a response here, I guess) with quotes / sample work.

Curiosity
Sep 12, 2012

Hey talented goons, hopefully this is the right place for this kind of request??

I'm looking for someone to do 1-3 prints(?) for a set of matching frames... We need 4, and we found one print we love already, but the artist isn't responsive and doesn't take commissions :(

Here's the one we really like:

We're considering this one as well... I really like the figure and Majora's Mask is a must-have for the wall but the painting style is a little dull and generic compared to the first

Does anyone feel inspired to do anything in that dark watercolour style to fit alongside the first one with something from Paper Mario, Mario, Smash Bros, Starfox 64 or Harvest Moon 64? I have some images saved for reference but I'm sure someone creative will have much better ideas... PM me if this interests you and let me know your quote :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I am looking to commission some art of my D&D party. 7 characters. If anyone is feeling up to it, please contact me at turbogeek985@gmail.com. Send me your pricing, what you'd need, and the time frame along with maybe an example or two of your style? Another party composition piece would be ideal to gauge a little of what's going on. Thanks for reading.