Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Looten Plunder posted:

AJ got suspended from school and was made to help Livia as punishment. He let it slip then.

My man! Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Fox keeps saying they want to do 13 more episodes of X-Files, but that Anderson is too drat busy.

Probably because Fox are dickholes and still won't pay her the same as her costar.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She probably is busy. She does like 20 British shows at all times.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

No I don't doubt it. Just saying why bother clearing her schedule when she is still treated like poo poo by Fox.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well the revival wasn't really amazing or anything. The only good thing was the interview where Duchovney couldn't stop staring at her and was clearly still nuts about her.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Who wouldn't be.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

So, I think last night's Man Seeking Woman completed the collection with Bruce McCulloch as the ER doctor. They've had all the Kids in the Hall guest star.
I'm not a Kids in the Hall buff, so that was lost on me. But it's a cool little bone to throw to those who are.

I guess that was this season's "Woman Seeking Man" episode even though the credits didn't say so. I giggled like an idiot at them drinking yak piss. I do wonder if they're planning on doing any more seasons after this one. Tying Josh down sorta flies in the face of the show's original premise.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh man, I'm finally watching The Expanse. So hype.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

Who wouldn't be.

Like I know it's really weird but they've been asked about it so many times over the last 20 years and I guess this is the first time they've been around each and were both single so the fanboy in me was really hoping they'd end up together.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't really give a poo poo about celebrity romance, but two people who have worked together for so long having actual chemistry and getting together would be kind of sweet.

I think it's human nature to, even when we know it's acting, hope that some of the chemistey we see on screen is real. There are many, many, many examples of characters with onscreen chemistry being played by actors who don't really get along, but we always want to believe that, as viewers, we are seeing something real in people.

Edit: I never thought I'd see a torchship flip and burn on tv. Maybe in a super nerdy movie.

Snak fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Feb 24, 2017

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Just reminds me that Snow White and Prince Charming, Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas, fell in love on the set of Once Upon a Time and are married with two kids now while still playing those characters.

Also reminds me that Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter fell in love on Dexter while playing brother and sister. Weird.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Pan Dulce posted:

Also reminds me that Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter fell in love on Dexter while playing brother and sister. Weird.

That probably ended up helping them later.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Peter Krause and Lauren Graham played siblings on Parenthood and started dating. It helps that they look nothing alike.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Honestly, the incest plot is the best direction late Dexter could have gone in, and chickening out on it was lame.

After Dexter, Weeds, and Californication, I refuse to watch Showtime shows on principle.

The only Showtime show I like is Total Recall 2070. And that's just because I have issues.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Stargate SG-1 was also showtime.

Homeland is also fun if you like spy shows.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

also Charlie and the Waitress met playing incest white trash sibings on the reno show

edit: this also followed on from a post a few posts back, gently caress my slow internets

BSam fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 24, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

Stargate SG-1 was also showtime.

Homeland is also fun if you like spy shows.

fair, but it was only showtime for part of its existence.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

The Tudors was great. So was Dead Like Me (pay no attention to the awful movie).

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Homeland's good. I liked the early seasons of Weeds and Nurse Jackie. Dead Like Me could have been amazing.

Web Therapy was loving hilarious -- though technically they only funded the later seasons.

I thought The United States Of Tara was great.

They're reviving Twin Peaks.

They're not all bad -- though they're not up-and-coming like STARZ or F/X.

Additionally, in nearly every case above, there's some sort of famous behind the scenes mishaps instigated by the execs -- like when they forced Bryan Fuller off Dead Like Me, or nearly did the same to David Lynch on the new Twin Peaks.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Replying to stuff from earlier:

- Rhyno your OITNB idea is rad

- That funny new Darin Morgan X-Files ep wasn't originally written for the original run, but it was an unused script from another show he wrote for that got repurposed.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

- That funny new Darin Morgan X-Files ep wasn't originally written for the original run, but it was an unused script from another show he wrote for that got repurposed.

The Night Stalker show Frank Spotnitz did in 2005.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Snak posted:

fair, but it was only showtime for part of its existence.

And the Showtime stuff was only a couple episodes with boobs showing in season 1 but cheap as gently caress sets and sfx. Once it went to another network the quality of everything else skyrocketed.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

pentyne posted:

And the Showtime stuff was only a couple episodes with boobs showing in season 1 but cheap as gently caress sets and sfx. Once it went to another network the quality of everything else skyrocketed.
Never underestimate the appeal of boobs to nerds

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Feb 24, 2017

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

pentyne posted:

Nonsense. The last couple of Showtime seasons were by far the best of the shows run.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

Never understand the appeal of boobs to nerds

Oh Josh, you understand all too well.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

BSam posted:

Oh Josh, you understand all too well.
What a disastrous typo

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

pentyne posted:

They produced over 100 episodes under Showtime. When it went to Siffy we got lame characters like Jonas and the Orii.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

If people are going to rewatch/discover a show for the first time it may as well be an actual good one like The Sopranos.

I've never watched it, or the wire... I know. I know. :eng99: I should probably get on that right?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Snak posted:

Did you watch Blindspot yet? It's uh... Also kinda ridiculous, but I think it's got to be better than Quantico, from the clips I've seen of Quantico. It's got spy thriller stuff and also a good dose of action. Chases and gunfights and martial arts in every episode.

And killer music!

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

After Dexter, Weeds, and Californication, I refuse to watch Showtime shows on principle.

The only Showtime show I like is Total Recall 2070. And that's just because I have issues.

Shameless and United States of Tara are/were great.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

pentyne posted:

You're out of your mind, the showtime seasons of SG-1 were by far the best of the show.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

IRQ posted:

You're out of your mind, the showtime seasons of SG-1 were by far the best of the show.
Ya The Fifth Race was awesome.

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKzdQq0qOQs

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo The Expanse is really good. You guys were so right.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Snak posted:

Holy poo poo The Expanse is really good. You guys were so right.

Yeah by tomorrow you'll be asking for something else since there aren't a ton of episodes yet. Seen Colony?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Colony is also a great show.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

GreenNight posted:

Yeah by tomorrow you'll be asking for something else since there aren't a ton of episodes yet.

there are over 3,000 pages of books

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The book readers makes The Expanse thread insufferable

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

The book readers makes The Expanse every thread insufferable

Fixed.

Except Game of Thrones, it's the tv watchers that make that trash.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Patriot is really good. Ep 2: Kurtwood Smith going full Shakespeare about pipes is some world class poo poo.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

IRQ posted:

Fixed.

Except Game of Thrones, it's the tv watchers that make that trash.

It's both.

• Locked thread