Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

$13k or so in Paypal so far, probably going to hit 4.5 mil but 5 seems out of the question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The even 400% on Fig is really nice. Congrats!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Basic Chunnel posted:

$13k or so in Paypal so far, probably going to hit 4.5 mil but 5 seems out of the question.

Yeah, if I were them I'd be planning on hitting the 4.5 goal but no further.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Bummer Ydwin won't be a full companion

But at least it sounds like she'll be a party member, at least

She might be the next Eder

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ all waifus go to heaven *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

SgtSteel91 posted:

Bummer Ydwin won't be a full companion

But at least it sounds like she'll be a party member, at least

She might be the next Eder

The only real criticism I have of the companions and sidekicks listed so far is that both of the neatest-sounding new ones look like they're cipher multiclasses and I plan on carrying over my PC cipher. Maybe I can just steal the hand mortar and that half-cloak for myself.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Congratulations and all but.... is the game ready yet why can't I play the game yet!?! :mad:

At least I'll have Torment and Tyranny to tide me over for a little bit :)

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Jerusalem posted:

I love that Fulvano is pulling away in a rowboat while his ship gets destroyed and his shipmates get eaten, and he's all,"Welp time to kick back and relax! :)"

"off to relax in the eastern reach :shepface:"

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Congratulations and all but.... is the game ready yet why can't I play the game yet!?! :mad:

I did the $79 pledge that got me all of Pillars of Eternity 1, so I'll have time to catch up on the story

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The only real criticism I have of the companions and sidekicks listed so far is that both of the neatest-sounding new ones look like they're cipher multiclasses and I plan on carrying over my PC cipher. Maybe I can just steal the hand mortar and that half-cloak for myself.
You can advance them as barbarian (Serafen) and rogue (Ydwin) exclusively if you'd like.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

2house2fly posted:

"off to relax in the eastern reach :shepface:"

:getin:

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Congrats, rope kid!

How on earth are you finding the time to post right now?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

I've got several runs I'm gonna put together for import into Poe2 so that will keep me busy a while. Plus some other games I still need to play.

If you haven't I'd strongly recommend playing The Witcher 3. It's one of the best rpgs I've ever played. Really well done.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Jerusalem posted:

I paid for the beta and I've seen gameplay footage so there's something playable there so why isn't the beta live yet WHAT THE gently caress!?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

When they list a Companion or Sidekick in PoE2 as, for example, Rogue/Cipher they mean that you can select either of those classes as their first class level.

Eder is a Fighter or a Rogue. Your choice. He can then multiclass from whichever class you choose as his base.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Captain Oblivious posted:

When they list a Companion or Sidekick in PoE2 as, for example, Rogue/Cipher they mean that you can select either of those classes as their first class level.

Eder is a Fighter or a Rogue. Your choice. He can then multiclass from whichever class you choose as his base.

Right but still, if I don't develop their brainmeats I'm just wasting their potential!

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013
Well, that was a ride and a half.

Good luck with the project ropekid, looking forward to sailing the seas of the Deadfire archipelago (and stealing their ancient secrets).

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Parenthesis posted:

Good luck with the project ropekid, looking forward to sailing the seas of the Deadfire archipelago (and stealing their ancient secrets).

Not to mention stealing everything else that isn't nailed down!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Gejnor posted:

Not to mention stealing everything else that isn't nailed down!

gently caress everyone, I'm going to steal all the water then rent it back to the Deadfire Isles in a timeshare arrangement.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

DancingShade posted:

gently caress everyone, I'm going to steal all the water then rent it back to the Deadfire Isles in a timeshare arrangement.

I'm gonna turn the Deadfire Isles into a luxury resort and force the natives to work there with tips as their only pay.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I would say considering when they put in PayPal, trivial for them to hit 4.5, and theoretically possible they get to 5.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

Parenthesis posted:

Indeed it was. With the type of game I love to play, Obsidian is the only developer I have faith in these days. Their experience and their charm outside of the game goes a long way with me. Watching them get excited on creating a world from scratch, to continuing to expand the world, and also as a fan being able to catch a glimpse on team dynamic and individual personalities I truly appreciate the Obsidian company. They are a team that has been making my favorite stories and games for over 20 years. I don't really want to admit I idolize them but to me Ropekid, Tim, Leonard, Feargus and the younger generation that work with them at Obsidian are loving rockstars. Good luck with a smooth production Ropekid.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

GrumpyGoesWest posted:

smooth production

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Ydwin......

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

frajaq posted:

Ydwin......

I'm sad we didn't get another full companion, but she will atleast still have dialogue and ending slides :v: The companion dies but the waifu lives on.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Hey, it'll happen someday...

Riversideblues
Jul 23, 2007

Dicks McGillicuddy
Anyone know of a good savegame editor? The couple non-viruses I can find don't seem to work.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ginette Reno posted:

If you haven't I'd strongly recommend playing The Witcher 3. It's one of the best rpgs I've ever played. Really well done.

:sweatdrop:

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Backed now through PayPal as well even if it's post campaign. Thanks for making it possible and I hope everything goes smooth in development.

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

In case you missed it, the last 60-90 minutes of the Obsidian stream for the FIG campaign was hilariously good fun, Feargus had amazing banter and he parked his 12 y/o in front of the stream for 40 minutes and the kid rolled with it.

Good fun.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

12 y/o me would not have handled that anywhere near that well.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

Where can you see paypal pledges?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Are they doing a separate campaign for just paypal pledges?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
All the tumult and shouting has died now that the campaign's over =(

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Aila Braccia is the best. The same missiles bounced like 3 times that was hilarious.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Urthor posted:

In case you missed it, the last 60-90 minutes of the Obsidian stream for the FIG campaign was hilariously good fun, Feargus had amazing banter and he parked his 12 y/o in front of the stream for 40 minutes and the kid rolled with it.

Good fun.

drat it I can't remember what they were talking about now but the kid(Aidan) said Obsidian was going to make a game based on X property and rope kid raised his eyebrow and said "well I guess Aidan is gonna be heading up production on that one" and it made me laugh

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

evilmiera posted:

Where can you see paypal pledges?

They announced it on the stream. I don't think they're explicitly shown it anywhere? I imagine they'll update us on Fig occasionally.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Feb 25, 2017

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

2house2fly posted:

drat it I can't remember what they were talking about now but the kid(Aidan) said Obsidian was going to make a game based on X property and rope kid raised his eyebrow and said "well I guess Aidan is gonna be heading up production on that one" and it made me laugh

He also insisted he wanted a Pillars MMO, and rope kid was like... "well, ok, but tell your dad I don't want to work on it." :lol:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

The $5 million stretch goal should have been Aidan writing one of the companions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

Could you share the link where you found that out? I'd like to be able to keep track of the total amount of money PayPal is getting.

• Locked thread