Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Magnesis Rune is such an amazing item to be in the game, they basically just said "Here's a physics engine, now here's how your break it"

MonsterEnvy posted:

Appearntly you can just run over to Ganon's Castle and try to kill him from the near start.

Yep although as you get closer you'll quickly find yourself being aimed at by 3+ Guardians at once, presumably Ganon himself will be tough as nails. Will be interesting to see how speedrunners approach things.

Augus fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Augus posted:

Magnesis Rune is such an amazing item to be in the game, they basically just said "Here's a physics engine, now here's how your break it"

Yep although as you get closer you'll quickly find yourself being aimed at by 3+ Guardians at once, presumably Ganon himself will be tough as nails. Will be interesting to see how speedrunners approach things.

This better happen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbK8UfalSEQ&t=90s

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Has there been anymore footage of the Wii U version? Just wondering how big of a step down it is.

The Game Informer article had a sidebar basically saying that the framerate for the Wii U and the Switch versions are identical, so I think the Wii U version will be fine.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Wanna talk about this gif.

What other games have had enemies that use the red-colored exploding barrels with skulls spray-painted on them that you can find around their camps? Like, them actually following through on the reason an encampment would have such a design?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So people writing previews today were only allowed to talk about "the first five hours" of game under threat of Reggie coming to their houses and splitting their skulls open with his bare hands right? If you can run directly to the last boss as soon as you get your pants and shirt, what was stopping them from just writing about it?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Calaveron posted:

So people writing previews today were only allowed to talk about "the first five hours" of game under threat of Reggie coming to their houses and splitting their skulls open with his bare hands right? If you can run directly to the last boss as soon as you get your pants and shirt, what was stopping them from just writing about it?

The fact that pretty much every article said that if you set foot outside the plateau without being prepared, you pretty much die instantly from the elements/enemies?

Besides I'm sure the embargo had more stipulations than simply "the first five hours".

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Mahoning posted:

The fact that pretty much every article said that if you set foot outside the plateau without being prepared, you pretty much die instantly from the elements/enemies?

Besides I'm sure the embargo had more stipulations than simply "the first five hours".

A couple outlets noted they can't name places or enemies, etc too.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Calaveron posted:

The embargo order comes with a huge list of stuff they can't talk about, even if they experienced it in the first 5 hours. Ironically, GameXplain was complaining that the embargo list spoiled a lot of the game for them because it said stuff like (example, I don't know what the actual list says) "don't talk about the fact that Link is actually the resurrection of Ganon"

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Appearntly you can just run over to Ganon's Castle and try to kill him from the near start.

If there are easily quantifiable goals, and I fully expect there to be, there will be lots of speedrun categories where people collect all of them, some small "main" collection of them, etc.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Amiibo nerds, Walmart has OOT Link and 8-bit Link for ~half off:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/8-Bit-Link-Zelda-Series-amiibo-Wii-U/54611189

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Link-from-Ocarina-of-Time-Zelda-Series-amiibo-Wii-U/54611195

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Calaveron posted:

there was also a list of stuff they can' talk about

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Makes sense. Apparently some dingdong streamers are breaking NDAs by showing the amiibos rewards so I wonder what will happen to them

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Makes sense. Apparently some dingdong streamers are breaking NDAs by showing the amiibos rewards so I wonder what will happen to them
Andre at GameXplain had a video about it saying they could show off 5 amiibo, but they couldn't be of the Breath of the Wild line.

I ordered the OoT one from Wal Mart, thanks for the post. Though it's only available for in store pick up and for some reason can't be picked up tomorrow, even though it's s 24 hour Wal Mart. Not like I'd be able to go now as I'm drunk, but still.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

Andre at GameXplain had a video about it saying they could show off 5 amiibo, but they couldn't be of the Breath of the Wild line.

I ordered the OoT one from Wal Mart, thanks for the post. Though it's only available for in store pick up and for some reason can't be picked up tomorrow, even though it's s 24 hour Wal Mart. Not like I'd be able to go now as I'm drunk, but still.

Saw a dude who explicitly used the botw amiibos

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/835203145840021504

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

You can tame dogs.

Righteous. I can't wait to tame some doggos.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

There's probably a reason why they couldn't show botw amiibo rewards

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Saw a dude who explicitly used the botw amiibos

Hilarious.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Do the smash bros zelda amiibos do anything?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

CuddlyZombie posted:

I think every Zelda-related amiibo does something. Links give you meat, Zeldas give you herbs and flowers, and Toon Link gives you fish

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I just hope that Wolf Link aside, none of them give exclusive things. : /

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Calaveron posted:

I think every Zelda-related amiibo does something. Links give you meat, Zeldas give you herbs and flowers, and Toon Link gives you fish

I hope Ganondorf just gives you a Game Over. That would be a great troll.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Wanna talk about this gif.

What other games have had enemies that use the red-colored exploding barrels with skulls spray-painted on them that you can find around their camps? Like, them actually following through on the reason an encampment would have such a design?

Holy poo poo

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I got a Wolf Link amiibo on the way, can I just use it with BotW or do I need to find someone with a WiiU and Twilight Princess HD to unlock stuff?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Djarum posted:

I got a Wolf Link amiibo on the way, can I just use it with BotW or do I need to find someone with a WiiU and Twilight Princess HD to unlock stuff?

You can use it. He'll just have 3 hearts. If you do the Cave of Trials Shadows in TPHD you can get more.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 25, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You can use it. He'll just have 3 hearts. If you do the Cave of Trials in TPHD you can get more.

I beat the Cave of Shadows completely and it didn't ask me to rewrite the amiibo. I'm kinda concerned. :ohdear:

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

CuddlyZombie posted:

I hope so! I don't want to own two Toon Links

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You can use it. He'll just have 3 hearts. If you do the Cave of Trials Shadows in TPHD you can get more.

Awesome. I don't have a Wii U or readily access to one so I was worried.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dang.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

CuddlyZombie posted:

The Link (Archer)
- meat and fish
- bows and arrows

Link (Rider)
- horse-related tools
- weapons
- mushrooms

Zelda
- plants that you can combine with other items
- shields

Bokoblin
- meat
- weapons wielded by the many bokoblin you’ll encounter

Guardian
- “ancient material”

Smash Bros. series amiibo of Zelda characters
- chest with “special contents”

non-Zelda amiibo
- meat and plants

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

2 minutes of combat plus a few seconds of something else at the end from IGN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyI4R11cAdE

The Bokoblin death noise is making me sad :(

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Electric Phantasm posted:

2 minutes of combat plus a few seconds of something else at the end from IGN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyI4R11cAdE

The Bokoblin death noise is making me sad :(

At about 0:31, it looks like they shot a thrown rock with an arrow and bounced the rock back at the bokoblin.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sincere hope is that the final boss if you go to the castle right away is different from the final boss if you 100% the story

Part of me wants to go see whats up if I tackle the castle right away but the other part of me thinks it would be lame to y'know, do the story and go on this huge quest when I already know the final bosses patterns and how to kill it with a handful of twigs.

E: Like it has different attacks or something I mean, not expecting a different character.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Sam Faust posted:

At about 0:31, it looks like they shot a thrown rock with an arrow and bounced the rock back at the bokoblin.

We've already seen that you can Agnihim projectiles back at enemies with melee weapons, so I don't have any doubt this is possible.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Sincere hope is that the final boss if you go to the castle right away is different from the final boss if you 100% the story

Part of me wants to go see whats up if I tackle the castle right away but the other part of me thinks it would be lame to y'know, do the story and go on this huge quest when I already know the final bosses patterns and how to kill it with a handful of twigs.

E: Like it has different attacks or something I mean, not expecting a different character.

Like an Extra form for Ganon or something. I would not be too surprised if that was a thing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

There could be a final boss and then a final final boss that only happens if you complete all the main dungeons. If this does happen I hope the ending for just beating the final boss is just Bomberman 64's normal ending except with Zelda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjJw4DdFZ60

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If you had just come here first, I would have been easy to beat. But because you wasted your time finding all 900 Koroks, I now have 16 different forms. Each form is somehow more pig like than the last.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I was kind of worried that maybe the hype wouldn't live up to the game but holy poo poo literally everything I've seen from the leaked previews is blowing my mind and surpassing every optimistic expectation I had.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Cojawfee posted:

If you had just come here first, I would have been easy to beat. But because you wasted your time finding all 900 Koroks, I now have 16 different forms. Each form is somehow more pig like than the last.

The last form is just a pig, which you have to sneak up on, pick up, and throw in a pen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Demon's Crest on the SNES was like that. You could go fight the final boss right after finishing the first level before he can figure out how to use a gem that will make him all-powerful so he just dies there and you're happy. The End.