Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Phone posted:

eh, go look up the whigs and try to extrapolate from there.

my guess is that if the Dems keep looking at the same playbook, they get destroyed in 2018 and 2020, and slowly die over the course of the 2020s as an insurgent collation forms a 3rd party after the 2024 elections.

who you votin in 2024, Republican or the Pepe-Kangz party?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Venom Snake posted:

no, like I said the DNC can suck it's own dick till it chokes but the very decentralized nature of the democratic party means that the bottom up take over that the leftwing is currently doing cannot be stopped.

Look man I'd like few things better but, uhh, you don't have the best track record at making such predictions.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bethamphetamine posted:

I wouldn't call increased participation and motivation radicalization. Unless there are waves of coordinated bomb threats aimed at conservative fundie locations I'm unaware of.

What the democratic parties base is undergoing is what the GOP's base underwent in 2008-2010. The usurper in chief is driving people insane.

And it is good :getin:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Peanut Butler posted:

who you votin in 2024, Republican or the Pepe-Kangz party?

Certain-Death 2024

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I'm glad Republicans fear their own shadow this past week. On to the week ahead!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Phone posted:

Trump administration is radicalizing Democratic voters, creating a challenge for the party, Rep. Adam Schiff says

As protests spread over policy announcements from the Trump administration, Democrats must work to encourage participation in politics, but face a danger of the party becoming too radicalized, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Burbank) said Tuesday.

“The radical nature of this government is radicalizing Democrats, and that’s going to pose a real challenge to the Democratic Party, which is to draw on the energy and the activism and the passion that is out there, but not let it turn us into what we despised about the tea party," Schiff said.

january 31st, 2017.

fuckt hat guy burn him at the stake and put someone else in his place

no place for cowards and the spineless

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Look man I'd like few things better but, uhh, you don't have the best track record at making such predictions.

Shoot for the stars, even if you don't succeed the explosion you make on the launch pad will loving own

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Phone posted:

Trump administration is radicalizing Democratic voters, creating a challenge for the party, Rep. Adam Schiff says

As protests spread over policy announcements from the Trump administration, Democrats must work to encourage participation in politics, but face a danger of the party becoming too radicalized, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Burbank) said Tuesday.

“The radical nature of this government is radicalizing Democrats, and that’s going to pose a real challenge to the Democratic Party, which is to draw on the energy and the activism and the passion that is out there, but not let it turn us into what we despised about the tea party," Schiff said.

january 31st, 2017.

lol the tea party was the child of corporate money just like todays democrats

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
wait did we already talk about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKFUL_dksUA

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Look the DNC is a flaming pile. If we all become Republicans we can dominate the primaries and just pick Republicans that are Democrats. The gerrymandering means we make up 40% of all Republic districts. No one votes in the primaries. Easy peasey double cheesey. Tea Party the fascist party.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nonsense posted:

I'm glad Republicans fear their own shadow this week.

It's not a bad tactic when the Dems are prone to self imploding.

The GOP has a reputation for being a bunch of idiot hell fuckers; however, they definitely do capitalize on precisely the right thing a few times a year, and that covers their rear end the other 99% of the time. Namely the project red map thing and conveniently being on vacation and out of the news when the Dems go to eat their own young.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Venom Snake posted:

no, like I said the DNC can suck it's own dick till it chokes but the very decentralized nature of the democratic party means that the bottom up take over that the leftwing is currently doing cannot be stopped.

oh word

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I lust for what they despised about the tea party

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/chuckwoolery/status/835161122475032583
:qq:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
also lol
https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/835530136099426304

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Also weren't all of the Tea Party protests were held st country clubs and Wal Mart parking lots?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

isn't that the guy singing in that hillary music video

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

deadgoon posted:

is there a law that says you can't run for president and vp at the same time

They have to be from different states.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Phone posted:

january 31st, 2017.

From the same article:
Ever since the election, party leaders have been debating: "Did we lose because we were too far to the left and we had too small a tent, or did we lose because we are too mainstream and didn’t energize the base?" Schiff asked.

Come on. Democrat leadership asks, "Are we too far left? Is our 3 million vote margin of victory proof of too small a tent? What if our base radicalizes and protests uncomfortably peacefully next election? How will our donors be placated?"

I will accept shootings, bombings or bomb threats, or assassinations as proof of radicalization. Not democrat voters making party leadership uncomfortable.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Hey dude, stop being so hard on the DNC. Do you know how embarrassing it would be to not be able to afford to lease the BMW with the V10 and not have the mini fridge in the armrest? Corporate lobbying money doesn't grow on trees, ya know?

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Gringostar posted:

now if they can only show the gently caress up to the polls on the regular

We do, numbnuts

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

chuck

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

cuck woolery, literal dickhead

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Venom Snake posted:

Ultimately what matters most is that the burning army has taken over local parties every were. You can vote in buttgeiger or timmithy pezdispenser but that doesn't change the fact the base is radicalizing

good. let it radicalize. let us be the tea party of the left, and begin the glorious revolution.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

do ppl here think the dems are imploding because of the whole corporate money thing? Or just the whole here we go again with the dick tripping thing? I get the second one because lol yeah I've been around- but if its the corporate donor resolution please tell me how cutting a revenue stream and letting the GOP take an even wider funding advantage isn't just tying arms behind backs for the sake of the high road?

for christmas sake it's no wonder those poor fucks implode when half the people who might vote for them have already decided to lose

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Peanut Butler posted:

do ppl here think the dems are imploding because of the whole corporate money thing? Or just the whole here we go again with the dick tripping thing? I get the second one because lol yeah I've been around- but if its the corporate donor resolution please tell me how cutting a revenue stream and letting the GOP take an even wider funding advantage isn't just tying arms behind backs for the sake of the high road?

for christmas sake it's no wonder those poor fucks implode when half the people who might vote for them have already decided to lose

dick tripping honestly, i dont know nearly enough about the role of corporate money to have any kind of decent opinion on it

but what i do know is that establishment Democrats are huge cucks

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Peanut Butler posted:

source your quotes please :)

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

okay yes yes yesssss seize from the inside all day long

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Someone's figured out what a pavlovian response is.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Also from that dumb article:
“The more radical the administration is, the more radicalized our base becomes, which just feeds the Breitbart crowd, and who knows where that ends.”

Liberals should worry about the Brietbart crowd like gays worry about feeding ammo to Scott Lively and his ilk through effective legal political action - which is to say not at all. They'll just make stuff up when there's a lack of controversy. Schiff's attitude is crippling his party.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bethamphetamine posted:

Also from that dumb article:
“The more radical the administration is, the more radicalized our base becomes, which just feeds the Breitbart crowd, and who knows where that ends.”

Liberals should worry about the Brietbart crowd like gays worry about feeding ammo to Scott Lively and his ilk through effective legal political action - which is to say not at all. They'll just make stuff up when there's a lack of controversy. Schiff's attitude is crippling his party.
Democrats are cowards who deserve to lose.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Peanut Butler posted:

Right now there's an energized left wing element to the party at large, and instead of capitalizing on it and maybe bringing them into the fold, the DNC as an organization is pulling a principal Skinner and insisting that no, it is the children that are wrong. For a bunch of people obsessed with optics, it's kind of bad optics to go "nah, we're still gonna suck at the teat of corporate interests" after the 2016 elections.

The second you recognize that the Democratic Party is the party of and for capital, it has a tendency to have things make sense. It's really easy to ignore a dozen people saying that they can't feed their family; it's a bit more difficult to ignore some slimeball waving six figgies at you.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

source your quotes please :)

your dad but he was gargling my cum so I may have missed the finer points

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Effective political movements should always be based in not offending your opponents or giving them reason to oppose you. That's why Trump was so thoroughly defeated.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
We're in the final countdown towards DNC Chair Peter Buttigieg.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

logikv9 posted:

We're in the final countdown towards DNC Chair Peter Buttigieg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W6as8oVcuMigeigs.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Peanut Butler posted:

Because it's a ban on taking lobbying dollars, not all corporate donations.

https://twitter.com/collinrees/status/835528226025897990

edit: I think there has been confusion on my part, and I thought it was a lobbyist corporate ban, not a full ban on donations.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Phone posted:

january 31st, 2017.

• Locked thread