Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

lol AReynolds out for 4 weeks with appendicitis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I mean, if you grow to like Greg Bird you deserve to be glassed.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Puckish Rogue posted:

I mean, if you grow to like Greg Bird you deserve to be glassed.

Truly love him and you'll probably glass yourself.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Eh, we're a way off yet, but he's already at the stage where I would piss on him if he were on fire.

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

Greg Bird is cool and good.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Toronto being held at bay by Siddal in a mud bath. Summer rugby!
Siddal's défense is amazing
2-4 @half time

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Feb 25, 2017

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

BCR fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Feb 25, 2017

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

[timg ]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/everynewcastlegameof2016.gif[/timg]

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

BCR posted:

This is a disgusting post.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

BCR posted:

:horse:

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Foran trying to ditch the Warriors already??

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
One day maybe Rugby League will ditch him.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

To be fair, the alternative is playing for the Warriors.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
He probably isn't hanging around for 2018, but it has been pointed out that he doesn't have a manager right now. He cut ties with his previous management team around the time he left Parramatta, and his deal with the Warriors was negotiated with assistance from his godfather. His godfather is a lawyer based in Auckland, but has made it clear that he is not Foran's manager.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The more I learn about NRL contract negotiations the more amazed I am that we have as few scandals or corruptions as we do.

Then I do any legal work in the real world and realise the whole loving show is a nightmare of incompetence held together by our shared delusions.

Although less people I know in the real world drink their own piss or gently caress dogs, so I guess the NRL is slightly worse than the outside world.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

iajanus posted:

The more I learn about NRL contract negotiations the more amazed I am that we have as few scandals or corruptions as we do.

Then I do any legal work in the real world and realise the whole loving show is a nightmare of incompetence held together by our shared delusions.

Although less people I know in the real world drink their own piss or gently caress dogs, so I guess the NRL is slightly worse than the outside world.

Not much money in leaking the vids of randos pissing in their mouths though.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

AH ONLY TWO MORE DAYS UNTIL WE ARE AGAIN AWASH IN GLORIOUS RUGBY LEAGUE

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Oops nrl reportedly have evidence of Simona betting on opposition players to score on him, life ban incoming.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
I'm conflicted - he was probably my favourite player to watch, and I've been on the Simona bandwagon since his debut, but his career probably deserves to be over after that if it's true. It's a waste of talent.

Also, thread title.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

That's almost exactly my opinion. I've loved watching him playing over the years but if this proves to be true he's as good as dead to me. It's beyond terrible.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
haha that's the first time I've snagged a thread title

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you are one of the three people in nrl fantasy with me don't forget to finalise your team today

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

quote:

:siren: NRL fantasy is up btw , I created a goon league for the thread: YOUR LEAGUE INVITATION CODE: EKY2ZAU4

It's H2H even though I got knocked out by the auto-include Lone Scout guy last year in the finals :siren:

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

needs more hayne tears

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Come on Broncos. Oh my god, NRL is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Great start sharkies.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Pretty good game so far by early round standards

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

ok game for first of the season

:horse:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, high quality so far for a round one game.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Maybe cause both teams took part in the WCC.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Having watched their games in it I think it's entirely accurate to say they took part, but nothing more.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Castleford are playing must watch footy atm btw.

Cas are good, but Leeds are terrible. I can't believe they haven't brought in some players this year, it seems like terrible mismanagement. Anyone know better?

Leeds should be shot en masse.

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 2, 2017

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011

Dirty Frank posted:

Cas are good, but Leeds are terrible. I can't believe they haven't brought in some players this year, it seems like terrible mismanagement. Anyone know better?

Leeds should be shot en masse.

Mismanagement would be accurate here. Our coach Brian McDermott seems inept and it's painfully obvious that all the reports and talk of Peacock and Sinfield doing the actual coaching in the middle of games are true. Soon as both of those retire we look flat in attack, lost of any ideas and our last tackle play is atrocious. We only just held on against Leigh (one of, if not the weakest team in the league) two weeks ago and we were lucky to score a try with 20 seconds left on the clock to beat a weak Salford side at home last week. So the Castleford result has been coming.

Fans have been calling for McDermott's head since last season and his lack of major signings over the preseason has reinforced those calls. Fans know the owners have cash to throw because we're the best supported team in the country, and we were ready to pay for sam burgess for a year if the rabbitohs couldn't afford him after he split from union. Parcell has been good for us but he was only signed because Segeyaro decided he didn't want to play for us a few weeks after signing a new contract. It's almost as if McDermott knows that the only reason we won so much previously was because of Sinfield/Peacock/Leuluai rather than anything he did and he wants to prove people wrong. He's failing miserably at it. gently caress. :negative:

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
How did Taylor get up and keep running after that hit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I'm watching rugby league for the first time, it's already halftime, when does the sex act with a dog start?

• Locked thread