Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

Updated the OP with important information.

Can you update saying Leatherman runs votefinder now? You can still call me a forums superstar if you'd like though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Dude all of those things above I do as well, this wasn't directed at you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a link to Cube mafia? I can't seem to find it on votefinder but I don't remember if it used votefinder.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Does anyone have a link to Cube mafia? I can't seem to find it on votefinder but I don't remember if it used votefinder.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764334

It didn't use VF because KK is a weirdo.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Quidthulhu posted:

Dude all of those things above I do as well, this wasn't directed at you.

So nothing has changed in like 5 or 6 years in other words.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

windshipper posted:

So nothing has changed in like 5 or 6 years in other words.

It hasn't changed since I've been here except a curve towards non effort shortly after my debut

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Mafia is such a pathetic game

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
it's been two weeks since i felt like a dumb rear end in a top hat for ignoring a game god bless.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

Updated the OP with important information.

You sold out, Asii :(

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Quidthulhu posted:

poo poo post 24/7 and barely play the game, lurk hardcore and check in apologetically and contribute nothing else, earnestly play with the two or three other increasingly frustrated people who are trying to earnestly play.

stateofthemafia.txt

My second game ever was flatluigi's amnesia mafia, where the scumteam won handily by just not posting. It was a scumteam of folks like varinn and snowsomething and fronz(?) who basically didn't really play mafia, and as a result won. It's like talking on your cellphone at OK Corral the entire time, and when the dust clears you're the only one alive so people write ballads about how you won the gunfight.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

There are very few mafia games I'd like to hear a ballad about.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

D+D people, theres a pillars of eternity 2 in the works. I am HYPE. You can preorder copies for pretty cheap right now and extra stuff if you want to get ahead of it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I still gotta beat the first one. I really was enjoying it but then I decided to make last year's resolution "beat one steam game per month" and so I ended up just doing my small time filler games instead all last year. And now i have stardew valley... I'll get back to it though. It was really good, hopefully I can figure out the battle system again without having to restart.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Diqnol posted:

D+D people, theres a pillars of eternity 2 in the works. I am HYPE. You can preorder copies for pretty cheap right now and extra stuff if you want to get ahead of it.

Heh, you posted this RIGHT after the Kickstarter Fig campaign ended.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

SS Tier
CCKeane
Kashuno

S Tier
Asiina
BottleKnight

A Tier
EccoRaven

B Tier
Snooze Cruise

C Tier
busb
Jonathan Fisk
Diqnol
CapitalistPig
Amoeba102

D Tier
JakeP
MG3
MMM Whatchya Say
Tommunist
Podima
TMMadman
got some chores tonight
Allen Wren
Max
Magnus Gallant

F Tier
Birdstrike
PMush Perfect
Pinterest Mom
Retro Futurist
Mr. F!
100YrsofAttitude
bowmore
Moundgarden
Rarity

I just read through the 700+ posts since I last paid attention and found this. Bullshit tiering because the list only takes the top X posters, the actual low-tiers don't even show up.

In other news, I really need to get back to work on setting up and running my game ideas. The biggest problem with that is that the next one in the queue is my first large mafia game (31 players) and I already can't get regular games to fill. And I'm not even going to consider launching this one yet because the setup is nowhere near ready. I probably need a co-mod/designer who is willing to throw a whole shitload of balancing work into it.

Then after that, probably in late summer, either Twenty Player poo poo-Talking Candy Land 2 after I do some more tweaking.

Then the FRG I still don't have a name for will probably be in 2018 because I'm basically tearing it down and going back to the drawing board. It needs to be smaller. Sleeker. Faster.

Also I'm having a hardware issue with my computer that is making my plans for one of the centerpiece games of the thing a problem.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Allen Wren posted:

It needs to be smaller. Sleeker. Faster.

Good god almighty, I can't wait for sunday.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Allen Wren posted:

I just read through the 700+ posts since I last paid attention and found this. Bullshit tiering because the list only takes the top X posters, the actual low-tiers don't even show up.

It's actually especially dumb because butts taste and I have 1900 posts while cap and amoeba have 1500 and jakep has 1470 lol

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I also have three accounts spread across many tier levels lol.

Two D tier and one F tier.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh, The Avantian Courier - A Game of Mafia has ended in a Diqnol scum victory over the vile serial killer Max!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My first game I ever played here was brain slug mafia, and I was the day 1 lunch. That really got to me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Diqnol posted:

Oh, The Avantian Courier - A Game of Mafia has ended in a Diqnol scum victory over the vile serial killer Max!

More like the totally awesome SK that did most of the towns work for them.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Max posted:

More like the totally awesome SK that did most of the towns work for them.

except not because you lost, and also town lost.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Does anyone even like malls? God they're the worst

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

except not because you lost, and also town lost.

I mean, yeah, but you had nothing to do with that.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Max posted:

I mean, yeah, but you had nothing to do with that.

Please point out where i said i did. Ill wait.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

Please point out where i said i did. Ill wait.

Uh, I was kidding around.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Max posted:

Uh, I was kidding around.

Lol max you're so much fun.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, I was just having fun since Diqnol put my name in the title, but I guess you can throw cold water on it if you want.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Max posted:

I mean, I was just having fun since Diqnol put my name in the title, but I guess you can throw cold water on it if you want.

So serious all the time. Loosen up buddy.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nooo!! Kitty!!!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

So serious all the time. Loosen up buddy.

No.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

K

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This tier list is like best effort to anger ratio of anything I've done in this thread. I literally just took the existing list and divided it by blocks of 500 posts

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

This tier list is like best effort to anger ratio of anything I've done in this thread. I literally just took the existing list and divided it by blocks of 500 posts

It was a good post

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mr. F! posted:

Does anyone even like malls? God they're the worst

Nothing depresses me more.

Guys! Finally saw La La Land. And it's great. I don't know about best movie or whatever, but it's genuinely enjoyable and Damien Chazelle is easily one of my favorite filmmakers just for being 2 for 2 (I need to see his first film). I thought he deserved to win for Whiplash, so he better get something for this one, which while I didn't like it as much is still a terrific movie and a lot of fun. Good cinema is engrossing and really just takes you away for a couple of hours, and his stuff does. I'd even go see it again, which I never do.

Anyway, go see it. You won't be disappointed.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Also guys change your passwords. If you use UserCP like I do you may have missed it but Cloudflare had a leak.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Nothing depresses me more.

Guys! Finally saw La La Land. And it's great. I don't know about best movie or whatever, but it's genuinely enjoyable and Damien Chazelle is easily one of my favorite filmmakers just for being 2 for 2 (I need to see his first film). I thought he deserved to win for Whiplash, so he better get something for this one, which while I didn't like it as much is still a terrific movie and a lot of fun. Good cinema is engrossing and really just takes you away for a couple of hours, and his stuff does. I'd even go see it again, which I never do.

Anyway, go see it. You won't be disappointed.

FYI, he's going to get best director at the oscars for historical reasons (he won the DGA award.)

My honest opinion is that La La Land is good, but Moonlight is actually the best film that was made last year and I don't think there can even be an argument about it.

However, the academy is totally going to give it to La La Land. I hate it but I also need to win my oscar pool. So it goes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
if someone steals my sa account maybe they'll actually post

cloaks II is coming along. i'm actually taking my time with the writing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

if someone steals my sa account maybe they'll actually post

cloaks II is coming along. i'm actually taking my time with the writing.

and the balancing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Feel free to steal my completely superior cat lady mafia setup.