Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Didn't want that bridge anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Locator posted:

Instant dam.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

The Locator posted:

One of the bystanders shouted "What have I done?"

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
That's one way to get a side-tipper truck.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
http://i.imgur.com/QV2YqmV.gifv

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

SPEED LIMIT ENFORCED BY AIRCRAFT

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Good way to gently caress you your truck.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

flying IFR

(I Follow Roads)

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Remake of North by Northwest looking good.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

To be fair, you save a lot of money buying a car GPS instead of one of those fancy helicopter ones.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

That is a very disciplined horse in the background. The noise must have been tremendous and it didn't budge an inch.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Hargrimm posted:

That is a very disciplined horse in the background. The noise must have been tremendous and it didn't budge an inch.

It probably died from fright but was too stupid to fall down.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
This just happened on my way back from lunch today.

Here's a top-down view of the location, on my way back to the office:

The lane highlighted in yellow is right turn only, but is also a "No turn on red" lane. An old lady in a Lexus is in this lane and has a red light. These roads are all one-way roads since this is Denver, so the cars going southeast have a green light and are going. The old lady starts a turn even though she has a red light and there's traffic, so right before she clips a car, I yell out "no turn on red!" and she slams on her brakes, gives me a horrified look, and then starts to complete her turn.

...Right as the light for southbound traffic turns green, and she has to wait for the traffic at the red spot until her light would have turned green, anyway.

:v:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Crossposting from our good old friends over in Schadenfreude

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

iospace posted:

Crossposting from our good old friends over in Schadenfreude

Heartwarming stuff. :v:

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

I wish I had some good recordings of my former commute on the part of I-5 that goes through Camp Pendleton. Lot flying helicopters would do touch and go landings across the highway pretty often. I once saw my supervisor's car get pushed a little by the jetwash (or whatever it's called for helicopters) and when I asked him about it in the work parking lot he said he didn't even see the helicopter.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

waffle iron posted:

I wish I had some good recordings of my former commute on the part of I-5 that goes through Camp Pendleton. Lot flying helicopters would do touch and go landings across the highway pretty often. I once saw my supervisor's car get pushed a little by the jetwash (or whatever it's called for helicopters) and when I asked him about it in the work parking lot he said he didn't even see the helicopter.

Rotor wash.

And for content, yep, we used to do that, back in my days in the Corps. Glad to hear it still happens. Don't blame me, though, I wasn't a pilot, just an enthusiastic young Marine having fun in the back of a CH-53E.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Flint Ironstag posted:

Rotor wash.

And for content, yep, we used to do that, back in my days in the Corps. Glad to hear it still happens. Don't blame me, though, I wasn't a pilot, just an enthusiastic young Marine having fun in the back of a CH-53E.

I had to dig but I found this picture of a convoy training on I-5. There were about 5 or 6 vehicles in th slow lane.

http://imgur.com/a/iuPzJ

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Gay Weed Dad posted:

These are the people you share the highway with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udbz24Y99u0

This is not to far from me, seems they are taking the 'I am taiboogie' approach which is equally absurd

Suicide 6

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I just almost got 30 degree corner impacted at 40mph by some daft oval office in a red ZJ who ignored 5+ seconds of red light and the 3-4 people who safely turned left (green left turn arrow, protected turn)! That would have left a mark. Sad my stupid car didn't get cashed out for 4x its purchase price, glad I didn't land in the ER because of it.

Video in the morning.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Saw a guy just boot it right through a red light. He stopped, as one does at a red light, and then decided when traffic was clear that, gently caress it, I'm just gonna go.

All to end up stuck at another red light a block later, ten seconds ahead of when he would've got there if he just waited.

I still have no idea what the gently caress was going through his mind.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Just did my first claim with a hit and run, poor lady was distraught.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

waffle iron posted:

I had to dig but I found this picture of a convoy training on I-5. There were about 5 or 6 vehicles in th slow lane.

http://imgur.com/a/iuPzJ

Matrix or vibe for you?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

kastein posted:

I just almost got 30 degree corner impacted at 40mph by some daft oval office in a red ZJ who ignored 5+ seconds of red light and the 3-4 people who safely turned left (green left turn arrow, protected turn)! That would have left a mark. Sad my stupid car didn't get cashed out for 4x its purchase price, glad I didn't land in the ER because of it.

Video in the morning.

You need to move closer or something before the mean streets of Mass kill you.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
gently caress that, I own my house outright and can't sell it for what I have into it until it is fixed completely. I need a job closer to home, it's not the conclusion I wanted to come to but I see no other real options.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde
Watch just the last minute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQkOAozKnjE

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

kastein posted:

gently caress that, I own my house outright and can't sell it for what I have into it until it is fixed completely. I need a job closer to home, it's not the conclusion I wanted to come to but I see no other real options.

Buy a helicopter.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

nm posted:

Buy a helicopter.

Seeing as where he works...

:ironicat:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Seeing as where he works...

:ironicat:

I assume that means they have parking.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

nm posted:

I assume that means they have parking.

Good point. Surely he's got enough Jeep and Subaru parts to cobble together a helicopter.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Good point. Surely he's got enough Jeep and Subaru parts to cobble together a helicopter.
A Subaru engine would probably work well for a helicopter, compact and light. Don't they use them in small aircraft already?

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

THe last time this was posted in this thread that very same week I saw something similar.

I was driving in the North DFW exurbs going westbound on the service road of 121. The setting sun was directly in my eyes, but between my visor and sunglasses I could see well enough to realize the rush hour traffic was going really slowly. A few cars behind me has a Nissan SUV pull out into the right hand land and accelerate to get around traffic. The only reason that lane was clear is because an officer had stopped to help a broken-down vehicle stuck on the service road. The Nissan rammed right into the back of the police cruiser, just like in this video. Only saw them at the last second and swerved left, but still hit pretty squarely. Cop wasn't in the car, so hopefully everyone was ok.

It was awesome!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This guy owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTFHCyNVBTk

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

xzzy posted:

This guy owns.

e: sending this to every family member I share a road with, because their driving is terrifying. :stonk:

solarNativity fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 25, 2017

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

That was a great one shot video. He looked at the camera instead of the screen; tracked himself and the frame very well; and was very fluid in his speech

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

This loving cockknock would have hit me hard on the right front corner if I hadn't swerved left when I realized he wasn't stopping for his red light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_mLR-qyt9U

nm
Jan 28, 2008

kastein posted:

This loving cockknock would have hit me hard on the right front corner if I hadn't swerved left when I realized he wasn't stopping for his red light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_mLR-qyt9U

I think moving closer to work or getting a job closer to home is not the solution. You need to move both to a place free of massholes.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

True, that was 3 miles from home.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Drive the truck to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Here I am driving down a somewhat rural two lane road when I see a riced out civic attempting to pass a line of cars ahead of me. He is coming straight on to me and no one is slowing down. I had to freaking pull my car halfway off the road and he just managed to squeak by at the last second in my lane. This was close to the point of fractions of a second. I considered following him and making a report but it wouldn't go anywhere so I just drove off mad as hell.