Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

NotALizardman posted:

god i love shinn
It feels weird to be actively looking forward to the Destiny characters being in scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Please tell me the entire game has Shinn not putting up with Cross Ange's crap. :allears:

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Hearing about Black Gaine makes me worried I've missed a bunch of other goodies on the stages after Nine shows up for real, I guess since I'm only on like 16 now it's not that many, but I suppose that's what the wikis and future replays will be for!

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Dr Pepper posted:

Please tell me the entire game has Shinn not putting up with Cross Ange's crap. :allears:

Since I'm now going to do the Cross Ange routes, I'll make a note.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

akito!

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Dr Pepper posted:

The Destiny crew joined during a Cross Ange route split, so I was stoked to find out when they joined back up that their show was completely finished.

Also, Prince of Darkness might be getting the SRW Z SEED Destiny treatment.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Dr Pepper posted:

I saw a screencap which I think is when Shinn first shows up that has him call Arzenal "an island of Terrible Women" or something like that

Personally I plan on heading back to Japan as soon as I can though, because I hate fighting the Dragons, and assuming they don't have any forced deployments for the rest of the game I'm probably going to bench the CA units full time(cause they're pretty drat garbage), except maybe Ange herself(and even that I'm unsure of)

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

What's this? PoD Akito telling people about how cool giant robots are? Be still, my beating heart.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
edit2: I was smart enough to discover the touchpad button but not smart enough to use it. My shame is forever immortalized.

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 25, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Broken Loose posted:

Okay, I've finally had time to confirm my suspicions about something that's been bothering me for the last 3 missions. I kept getting P Sniper Rifle and I wasn't sure if it was "first turn after deployment" or "after being in formation."

If Urd Squadron is in formation, all their attacks will be Post-Move at the start of their next turn.

Combined with the time I picked up a bag of money on an unmarked map tile, this game has a SHITLOAD of stuff hidden.

edit: screenshots blocked lmao

define "in formation"

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Blockhouse posted:

define "in formation"

Touching, so they can use the combination attack. The photo was taken after Mao had already left the formation, so the effect sticks around all turn as long as they started it in formation.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Broken Loose posted:

Okay, I've finally had time to confirm my suspicions about something that's been bothering me for the last 3 missions. I kept getting P Sniper Rifle and I wasn't sure if it was "first turn after deployment" or "after being in formation."

If Urd Squadron is in formation, all their attacks will be Post-Move at the start of their next turn.

Combined with the time I picked up a bag of money on an unmarked map tile, this game has a SHITLOAD of stuff hidden.

edit: screenshots blocked lmao

Uh, you sure this isn't just ECS being ECS.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Supremezero posted:

Uh, you sure this isn't just ECS being ECS.

well don't i look stupid

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Oh my god, Nine glitching out Black with a tongue twister is the most :kimchi: thing in the world. Is that actually from Might Gaine?

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Caphi posted:

Oh my god, Nine glitching out Black with a tongue twister is the most :kimchi: thing in the world. Is that actually from Might Gaine?

The scene where Gaine gets it right but Black doesn't is, but in the show, they don't save him.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Rascyc posted:

I just can't understand what they were going for with Chitose's art style. It seems very random.
I've seen a lot of weird pervy uncomfortable looking costumes for anime girls and that's...one of them. Those zippers must dig into the sides of her boobs something awful.

Also I guess no one in the game will ever comment on it?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've seen a lot of weird pervy uncomfortable looking costumes for anime girls and that's...one of them. Those zippers must dig into the sides of her boobs something awful.

Are you kidding? They can't comment on that when everyone wears the most ridiculous poo poo.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Just found out about two more mistranslated SR points. Caphi (or anyone with the Japanese version) could you please make a pastebin or something with the Japanese ones in for us poor people? I ask Caphi specifically cos I know you're recording stuff for slightly easier checking.

Its a shame because everything else about the translation is great, even if (despite? because of? you decide) in one of the DLCs Saburota says about rustling jimmies. At least when a quest was wrong in G-Gen you're able to replay any stage whenever you want and can make a million quicksaves compared to SRW.

Samurai Sanders posted:

She comes from a world with the Yamato dresscode. Men get regular outfits, women get EVA plugsuits. Her lip gloss colour still ultra bugs me.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

EthanSteele posted:

She comes from a world with the Yamato dresscode. Men get regular outfits, women get EVA plugsuits. Her lip gloss colour still ultra bugs me.
A plugsuit looks miles more comfortable than what she's wearing though, along with every other costume in the game. I mean...the zippers!

Also Nine is wearing a metal gear tightly around her neck and what looks like opaque metal goggles, but she's an android so who knows.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

EthanSteele posted:

Just found out about two more mistranslated SR points. Caphi (or anyone with the Japanese version) could you please make a pastebin or something with the Japanese ones in for us poor people? I ask Caphi specifically cos I know you're recording stuff for slightly easier checking.

I'll do the ones I've been through, any particular ones you're after? I'm only up to about chapter 18 right now.

Caphi fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 25, 2017

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

EthanSteele posted:

Its a shame because everything else about the translation is great, even if (despite? because of? you decide) in one of the DLCs Saburota says about rustling jimmies.

Amuro says "dong" instead of "doing." Pretty funny.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Update: Here's what I have, I'll try to keep updating it. Since I'm curious, tell me which ones seem different. http://pastebin.com/V47QPPHL

Anyone else playing the weeb version, feel free to drop me a line if you have the ones I didn't go on.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
If I understand correctly, a pilot must have the Proud Ace skill to get promoted to an Ace, right?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Unlucky7 posted:

If I understand correctly, a pilot must have the Proud Ace skill to get promoted to an Ace, right?

What? No.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Then how does it work? I am going by the skill description.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Then how does it work the? I am going by the skill description.

It reduces the number of kills needed by 10.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

It reduces the number of kills needed by 10.

Ah, okay then. The way the skill was worded made me think it was required as well.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Caphi posted:

I'll do the ones I've been through, any particular ones you're after? I'm only up to about chapter 19 right now.

Thanks a lot! I think 15, Tokyo 16, 22 and 27 have been not done right I think most of them end up being pretty easy to figure out, but it would be nice to be 100%. While I remember! I know you're doing the Chitose route, but does anyone know what Nine calls Soji in Japanese? In English she calls him Cap.

Does anyone know the range of the Nadesico's charging thing? in J and W it had a nice grid and told you if you were out of range. I really like that there's an item to let you have the recharge effect.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

EthanSteele posted:

Thanks a lot! I think 15, Tokyo 16, 22 and 27 have been not done right I think most of them end up being pretty easy to figure out, but it would be nice to be 100%. While I remember! I know you're doing the Chitose route, but does anyone know what Nine calls Soji in Japanese? In English she calls him Cap.

Does anyone know the range of the Nadesico's charging thing? in J and W it had a nice grid and told you if you were out of range. I really like that there's an item to let you have the recharge effect.

Nadesico's range appears infinite in this one AFAIK.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
I love this game and the fact that they actually gimmick'd a way to release a main line game in English. However, I miss the Super Soul Saber. Far and away my favorite unit of Moon Dwellers, and it would have fit in with all the Supers in this game so well.

Carry on fellow weebs, I'm going back in.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Stage 16 Cross Ange Route - How on Earth are you expected to kill 12 enemies in 1 turn after killing all of the Dragons?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Stage 16 Cross Ange Route - How on Earth are you expected to kill 12 enemies in 1 turn after killing all of the Dragons?

You don't have to do it in the turn after the dragons die, just 12 enemies in one turn.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Raxivace posted:

Spend one turn softening them up, then go on a slaughter spree the turn after?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

You don't have to do it in the turn after the dragons die, just 12 enemies in one turn.
Ah okay, that seems much more reasonable.

EDIT: And now I've got the SR Point. Thanks for the help. :)

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 26, 2017

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Inferno-sama posted:

And that's the first playthrough completed. Overall, I'd say this game is an 8/10. Great and fun to play.

Did you ever happen to find the Penelope by any chance? If so, which route split was it on, because I just know I'm gonna end up picking the wrong one when the time comes.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Did you ever happen to find the Penelope by any chance? If so, which route split was it on, because I just know I'm gonna end up picking the wrong one when the time comes.

I kinda just got given him. Best I can say is that you stick with the UC Gundams. Have Hathaway fight Lane whenever they're on the same stage. Except at one point there's a three way split and I didn't go with the UC Gundams and I still got it. I don't know, maybe just have them fight a bit, but when there's a three way split, do whatever you want. After stage 39/before stage 40, you get given Lane and the Penelope. Best I can say, really. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Anyone with the Premium Anime Song version, can you let me know what version of StarRingChild is included? Is it the 3:25 minute movie credits version or the full 5:21 minute one. I assume it's the movie once since the intro in the other one would probably cover the whole attack most of the time, but I'm just curious.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Is the Mazinger upgrade stage connected to a route split? If so, which one? Approaching the end of the 30s so I have to imagine I'm close.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

Is the Mazinger upgrade stage connected to a route split? If so, which one? Approaching the end of the 30s so I have to imagine I'm close.

Partially. The beginning of it is but the actual upgrade occurs on a shared stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Partially. The beginning of it is but the actual upgrade occurs on a shared stage.

I can probably deal with that. I assume the beginning is just the end of the anime, essentially?

• Locked thread