Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Mill Village posted:

If everyone is sick of this game that means we can play MWR now, right?

If we're talking some MWR on the xbone, I'd be in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

BLOPS 3 is a bad game.

It works more reliably and fucks the consumer significantly less.

If you're going to live with an abusive spouse, at least pick the one that slaps you, rather than the one that punches you in the nose and gaslights you.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 26, 2017

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Gordon Shumway posted:

If we're talking some MWR on the xbone, I'd be in.

I'll add you later and see if I can get some time to get on.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This "netcode patch" for MWR is a joke. It still doesn't feel like COD4, and that game was 100% P2P on consoles.

I bought Titanfall 2 which is the superior game, anyway.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Titanfall 2 is the superior game, anyway.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Mill Village posted:

This "netcode patch" for MWR is a joke. It still doesn't feel like COD4, and that game was 100% P2P on consoles.

I bought Titanfall 2 which is the superior game, anyway.

It feels better for me. But I couldn't get an airstrike or a chopper back then and had terrible internet. It feels like everything in Mwr melts you so fast it doesn't matter. What does it feel like to you that you don't like? Are you getting shot around corners or shooting first and not seeing it on the kill cam? I've had very little of that.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

BLOPS 3 is a bad game.

Infinite warfare is a worse game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I wouldn't say bad, so much as it's "fundamentally broken at the technical level".

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Got every Perk 2 challenge except Tac Resist, which I believe is impossible

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
I bet I'm the only one left who cares, but today's patch has two new guns and an axe melee weapon. The base variants of the ranged weapons are locked behind challenges: get 200 kills with a weapon from the same category with a prestige accessory equipped.

That's... surprisingly not lovely... for IW?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

JackGeneric posted:

I bet I'm the only one left who cares, but today's patch has two new guns and an axe melee weapon. The base variants of the ranged weapons are locked behind challenges: get 200 kills with a weapon from the same category with a prestige accessory equipped.

That's... surprisingly not lovely... for IW?

...so they want people to drop a bunch of money on boxes so they can get a prestige accessory, right? I bet that's the next Quartermaster hack.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gordon Shumway posted:

...so they want people to drop a bunch of money on boxes so they can get a prestige accessory, right? I bet that's the next Quartermaster hack.

What. Prestige accessories are the ones from doing the weapon prestige.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Gordon Shumway posted:

I haven't finished downloading the update, but my interpretation of "prestige accessory" would be the three accessories you get from prestiging a weapon (Dog Tags, DOA, and Demon Skull), which wouldn't require a supply drop.

E: Confirmed

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 1, 2017

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Dozens of double blue boxes and no weapon.
One six pack of commons, and I get the MX Garand.

This loving franchise, man.

( :toot: )

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Holy poo poo they nerfed the NV4 and buffed the Type 2 :stare:

Also Triple Play for 400 keys live, 10 rare crates, 1 stupid qm item, and 1 dupe-protected Mk2 Epic weapon

quote:

• Type-2 (AR mode) – Slight increase to the fire rate and a decrease to ADS recoil
• Volk – Increase to the 3 bullet hit kill range
• Titan – Slightly increase to the fire rate and an increase to the 4 bullet hit kill range
• KBAR – Slightly decrease to the 4 bullet hit kill range
• NV4 – Slightly increase to the ADS recoil
• Widowmaker – Reduced delay between bullets within the burst
• DMR – Slight decrease to the ADS time
• EBR-800 (AR mode) – Increase to the 5 bullet hit kill range
• EBR-800 (Sniper mode) – Reduce ADS sway speed
• Howitzer changes: Explosion radius increased. Explosion damage more consistent.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

So I've been away for a bit. Is this completely dead or what?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The thread certainly is! :rimshot:

I will say I approve of every change on that balance list.
Too little, too late though. Half the players that still remain are back to BLOPS 3.

It's a sad indicator of just how little people like Infinite Warfare, that nobody bothers to tell how they did, or post screencaps/gifs/videos anymore.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Mister Macys posted:

The thread certainly is! :rimshot:

I will say I approve of every change on that balance list.
Too little, too late though. Half the players that still remain are back to BLOPS 3.

It's a measure of how little people like Infinite Warfare, that nobody bothers to tell how they did, or post screencaps/gifs/videos anymore.

I mean, I'm good with going back to BLOPS3 because I've always feels hanky as gently caress for some reason. The last few times I've actually had enough time to play no one is doing either, so it is kind of a wash.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Im the only person here that likes IW.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I did on Xbox One then I just go through the motions of "lets see what I got from the daily reward" like I do with Smite. And when I do feel like playing I just try to see how many people get mad enough to retaliate againstst Stryker's "placable lethals remain after death" trait with trophy systems in FFA.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

It's a sad indicator of just how little people like Infinite Warfare, that nobody bothers to tell how they did, or post screencaps/gifs/videos anymore.

This reminded me that I got the R-VN out of a box, and while it's novel, it's not very good since Infinity Ward is too scared to add a good burst rifle into the game. The bursts feel quick only because the R3K's bursts are so slow; the burst delay is the standard 200ms. So the bursts aren't that quick in reality, and you have a minimum 2-burst kill, meaning you're at a severe disadvantage up close. It's alright at midrange and the alternate melee mode is more useful and fun than the Type-2's Akimbo mode.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Im the only person here that likes IW.

hi jacs its your old friend DAY DAY here..

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Godzilla07 posted:

This reminded me that I got the R-VN out of a box, and while it's novel, it's not very good since Infinity Ward is too scared to add a good burst rifle into the game. The bursts feel quick only because the R3K's bursts are so slow; the burst delay is the standard 200ms. So the bursts aren't that quick in reality, and you have a minimum 2-burst kill, meaning you're at a severe disadvantage up close. It's alright at midrange and the alternate melee mode is more useful and fun than the Type-2's Akimbo mode.

It was amusing how often IW got poo poo on by NV4s during their livestream while using the gun.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I had 600 keys so I bought the triple play. Got the epic sniper pistol which is preeeeeety loving nice.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I had 600 keys so I bought the triple play. Got the epic sniper pistol which is preeeeeety loving nice.

Soo, you got one gun, out of USD $20 worth of boxes? :raise:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

Soo, you got one gun, out of USD $20 worth of boxes? :raise:

I got 3-4 legendaries and 2 epics. The gun is the only one really worth mentioning because it's really good. It's a M1 sidearm that you can reload whenever.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I got 3-4 legendaries and 2 epics.

If they're not guns, then they may as well be commons for all the good they do.

Like getting a foil land in Magic: the Gathering.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 4, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

If they're not guns, then they may as well be commons for all the good they do.

Like getting a foil land in Magic: the Gathering.

Sorry yeah those are all guns. I did get 2 extra epics (one taunt, one calling card).

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I kinda wanna buy the Machete variant for the Reaver. Because it looks to be fun in both MP and Zombos.

Is the Reaver on Brecci levels yet or close to it?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

widespread posted:

I kinda wanna buy the Machete variant for the Reaver. Because it looks to be fun in both MP and Zombos.

Is the Reaver on Brecci levels yet or close to it?

Yes

I've made half of a six stack of prestige masters switch to shotguns after tormenting them with a silenced reaver for just a few minutes

Can't recall which variant I use, but it doesn't really matter, it's just solid in general

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I picked up some dude's Machete halfway through a match and pretty much worked everyone over with it. The melee is an instakill which is useful as poo poo on a shotgun class.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The thing I have to get used to is playing solo. It sucks and my win % will tank ( :qq: ) but it's better than playing an older Dead COD.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Lazyfire posted:

So I've been away for a bit. Is this completely dead or what?

I'm fairly certain that I'm the only person that still plays this on Xbox.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Paid DLC for a game that you have to own another game to play.

https://charlieintel.com/2017/03/07/cod4-variety-maps-coming-modern-warfare-remastered-march-21-ps4/

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

MWR maps being paid DLC? Man, I loving called that poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Are these new maps for MWR or just updates or other older maps?

Either way, loving :lol: Activision is killing this franchise this year.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Are these new maps for MWR or just updates or other older maps?

Either way, loving :lol: Activision is killing this franchise this year.

It's the four original maps that they left out.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gotta get dat money.

Time to check out the MWR subreddit I bet they're taking this well.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Oh yes, they are taking this in stride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is literally the same map pack that was released for MW4 like a decade ago and it was only $10 then holy poo poo I can't stop laughing.

• Locked thread