Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

wow, that last minute kick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

schoolyard stuff all round

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

runoverbobby posted:

"How do I TMO?"

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Go, England nearly butchered a 6 on one.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
This game has been purest comedy. Relieved to get the BNP

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Stop Farrell from kicking today TIA

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

Stop Farrell from kicking today TIA

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Aw. Almost sad that Italy won't get a BNP

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

:smug:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Parisse bringing that kick infield was phenomenal.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Now an England penalty goes dead.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

what a bloody game :getin:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Congrats to the plucky English underdogs

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Not the highest quality, but certainly the most entertaining game I've seen in a while.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Julio Cruz posted:

Parisse bringing that kick infield was phenomenal.

He is a beautiful man.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Hartley and the Hask: not very bright

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

dumb memes but lol

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Someone in work mentioned the Chiefs tried this before recently and the refs had no idea what to do, I've no idea if this is true or not

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Skarsnik posted:

Someone in work mentioned the Chiefs tried this before recently and the refs had no idea what to do, I've no idea if this is true or not

http://www.the42.ie/analysis-chiefs-super-rugby-tactics-2013507-Mar2015/

2015 apparently

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
The Calcutta Cup game is quite a quandary for me. I want England to lose, but I also want to keep Kirk bumming Spock for a little bit longer.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
That was the best, terrible game of rugby ever. Great to see some innovation from Italy to mess with England's structure in the first half though there wasn't really any doubt England would fix it and pull away when Italy started to really tire.

It amazes me that professional players that have played a game for most of their lives have no idea what the basic rules are (even Italy didn't have a clue when England employed the same tactic against them.) :psyduck:

If Scotland beat Italy or England... let's just say I've got an AV all warmed up for Vagabundo.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Holy poo poo, Eddie Jones is pissed.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's just being a whingy babby.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
""He [Poite] had a terrible day. He wasn't refereeing rugby.""

Holy poo poo, Eddie.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

This is A Good Article. It seems the best way to deal with this is to modify the rules to define the "tackle zone" as however many meters around the tackle, meaning defending players can run off into the backline if they wish to not form a ruck, but have to allow the half to get the ball out cleanly - as well as leaving the area directly in front of where the tackle occurs exposed for the forwards to push, uh, forward.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Christ, Eddie is a prick, win or lose.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Just finished watching the game. Mods, change my username to "Law 15.6".
Seeing professional rugby players not understanding basic rules (i.e. you actually need players from both teams to form a ruck) is hilarious. I'm just glad they didn't do this against Wales. To be honest, I'm not 100% our guys would have fared any better.

Pretty sure Halfpenny will make the Lions squad, but probably wont start a test. He's a better defender than Hogg, but at the moment it looks like the shirt is Hogg's to lose. Halfpenny would be a good choice for the midweek tests though.
Also, I'm pretty sure Gatland wont stack the squad with Welsh players. The last tour was heavy with Welsh players (15) as they'd just come off back-to-back 6 nations wins. This tour is off the back of 4 years of Welsh disappointment. Even Gatland will see that, surely? Note: if Jamie Roberts makes the team for the 1st test I'll take everything back and admit Gatland is a muppet.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Langilangi Haupeakui is back playing in California for Golden Gate I guess. I was clicking through match photos from my club's game against them this weekend and saw this one. I didn't make the trip, but Golden Gate beat us badly (68-7). We'll be dropping back to the second division next season.

edit: The rest of the album can be found here if you want to see what amateur rugby looks like in Northern California.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Stitecin fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 27, 2017

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Vaders Jester posted:

Christ, Eddie is a prick, win or lose.

Eddie is an utter oval office. He's like the Jose Mourinho of rugby.

Fair play to Italy, they did there homework on the rules and found almost a way of balancing the game to their favour.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
The Italians employ a legal but dangerous tactic to throw England off balance. Good for them.

The fact that England didn't bother with the basic pick and go until the second half is the real scandal.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I mean, Poite being an awful referee around the breakdown also didn't help. It was hilarious but poo poo.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
That was like the Rugby version of watching NFL players discover that there can be draws in American football...

Also jesus Eddie Jones salt levels after that match loving LAWL, shoe in for the O'Gara oval office of the year Award

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Dan Biggar is also in the running for 'oval office Of The Year' after 'Kickgate'

https://twitter.com/BBCScrumV/status/835951556423905280

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Tyma posted:

Dan Biggar is also in the running for 'oval office Of The Year' after 'Kickgate'

https://twitter.com/BBCScrumV/status/835951556423905280

"What you wanna do"

"Kick it"

"Ok im going to do the exact loving opposite"

"Ok see you for tackle training tomorrow"

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
James O'Connor, who got arrested for cocaine possession with intent to use in Paris over the weekend, was about to go into negotiations with Toulon for a new deal because his current contract was about due. Hahaha, whoops!

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

"What you wanna do"

"Kick it"

"Ok im going to do the exact loving opposite"

"Ok see you for tackle training tomorrow"

This was so so bad. Got to drop him for that poo poo

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

They're harsh on AWJ regarding "lost all leadership". He told the referee Wales would kick at goal, and the referee said "shot indicated" and signaled kick at goal. That's supposed to be the end of it.
Then Biggar surprises everyone and kicks for the corner, and Lacey inexplicably allows it to stand. Can't argue with the referee once he's made a decision; there was nothing AWJ could do.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Or maybe everyone's getting it wrong and AWJ's "kick" meant "kick for the corner" not "shot at goal". :iiam:

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

It doesn't matter because Dan Biggar will always be the bestest and the most handsomest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

runoverbobby posted:

Or maybe everyone's getting it wrong and AWJ's "kick" meant "kick for the corner" not "shot at goal". :iiam:

Biggar wasn't even the team's designated kicker, he just happened to be the one who picked up the ball.