Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

For travel and restaurants you should really be using the Chase Sapphire Reserve though....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Jesus Christ why am I not using this card?

Eh, probably laziness. Instead of taking the money out directly from my bank I'd have to pay another bill.

I am an idiot.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mons Hubris posted:

For travel and restaurants you should really be using the Chase Sapphire Reserve though....

Yeah but gently caress chase.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Mons Hubris posted:

Applied, got it, thanks. I travel a lot with the family so this looks very good.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I just got my Costco Free Money Check for using their credit card last month.

thanks for the free money costco

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mons Hubris posted:

I was using Sapphire Preferred for a few years. I ran the numbers, even with the Chase points being worth an extra 25% when booking travel, I should get at least the same or more in direct cash if I run everything through the Costco card.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Mons Hubris posted:

As an American, it's our duty to support the least-bad corporation. Costco is clearly the way to go.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I went to Costco today for some typical essentials like kettle chips and they had a really nice looking dog bed with a washable cover, which is exactly what I've been looking for. I picked it up and my pitbull loves it. Costco owns.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Costco credit card is the best overall deal for sure for anyone who has crunched the numbers

Ive been meaning to switch over to that

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Using my Costco Visa to book a cruise and vacation in the UK.
Costco travel is giving a $160 cash card for the cruise, and 3% back on the whole mess. Not sure if the cruise gives the 2% membership reward also.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”
I want to have sex in a Costco.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Meydey posted:

Using my Costco Visa to book a cruise and vacation in the UK.
Costco travel is giving a $160 cash card for the cruise, and 3% back on the whole mess. Not sure if the cruise gives the 2% membership reward also.

I don't think you get that 2% executive cash back from travel https://www.costco.com/executive-rewards.html

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So is the quality of Costco gas like, going to balance out the 2% cheaper price or whatever if it fucks your car up later down the line? I always fear those super discount gas places because it seems like there must be corners cut somewhere and usually it's quality control that goes first

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
all gas comes from the same refinery bruv

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I mean I know they say it's got some kind of magic sauce in it that makes it cleaner or something but it just seems like there has to be a catch

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I don't think you get that 2% executive cash back from travel https://www.costco.com/executive-rewards.html
Just checked an nope. The travel lady said they add the cash card to compensate for that.

Teikanmi posted:

I mean I know they say it's got some kind of magic sauce in it that makes it cleaner or something but it just seems like there has to be a catch
All of a regions gas comes from the same distributor/refinery. The only difference is that some will add additives specific to that brand. Same stuff as down the street that costs 20 cents more. Costco just uses their buying power/cost savings to pass on the lower price, unlike most stations. Pretty sure gas at Costco is zero profit or even negative sometimes.

The Costco business model is to make most of its profits from memberships. Very little profit is derived from markup on products/gas. Gas is just there to make the membership fees more enticing.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Teikanmi posted:

the catch is that they dont make money on it

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
My 3 favorite things in the world are Bernie Sanders, Costco, and Full Communism Now

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kassoon posted:

who pays a fee for the privilege of paying more

Stay in Walmart you poors.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

amazon prime plus amazon visa card with 5% cash back on amazon purchases is all I need

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Even regular gas stations don't make much on just gasoline, that's why they all have mini marts. the Margins of profit on selling gasoline is generally low and volatile.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

500 good dogs posted:

amazon prime plus amazon visa card with 5% cash back on amazon purchases is all I need

Amazon and Costco are cool together why wouldn't you use both???

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

500 good dogs posted:

Amazon isn't a good company though. Its actually very bad. I use it because I don't care.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

So is the quality of Costco gas like, going to balance out the 2% cheaper price or whatever if it fucks your car up later down the line? I always fear those super discount gas places because it seems like there must be corners cut somewhere and usually it's quality control that goes first

i only buy gasoline with jen-u-wine 18k gold flecks in it. makes my exhaust sparkle, none of that discount gas for me no sirree

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Chinatown posted:

Amazon isn't a good company though. Its actually very bad. I use it because I don't care.

hell yeah

KakerMix posted:

Amazon and Costco are cool together why wouldn't you use both???

then I'd have to leave the house. instead I just have them same day everything I want

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

500 good dogs posted:

:hellyeah:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Costco Dog

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”
Some day, I'm going to have sex in a Costco. That's my life's goal.

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice
Make sure it's free sample day

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

canoshiz posted:

It simulates squatting to poo poo, which aligns your body in such a way as to reduce the constriction in the colon or something that occurs when sitting normally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbYWhdLO43Q

Whichever agency made that ad totally earned their fee.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
just filled up my tank and got some chicken of 2 types (rotisserie and pre cut strips), frozen veggies, salami, burbon, and a meat ravioli take n bake.

rainy evenings here = no costco lines

thanks costco!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Citizen Tayne posted:

I want to have sex in a Costco.

I used to date someone who worked for the Costco HQ facilities, and had sex on the roof of the HQ. Pretty sure that was the best thing I've ever done.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

binge crotching posted:

I used to date someone who worked for the Costco HQ facilities, and had sex on the roof of the HQ. Pretty sure that was the best thing I've ever done.

what was his name?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Kassoon posted:

Make sure it's free sample day

got an irl lol from me, great job!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I just recently joined Costco and these Kirkland khakis have some loving cavernous pockets.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I bought 2 pairs of the zip off leg pants for travelling to maximize the dorky tourist look. $20 vs similar branded stuff at around $80.

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

got an irl lol from me, great job!

thanks friend

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I really want a Costco hotdog right now. My fridge is empty and I've been eating subway every other day because it's close and nothing else in between. I really should get, like food or something but I've been far too depressed.

I wish Costco delivered hotdogs. :smith:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I really want a Costco hotdog right now. My fridge is empty and I've been eating subway every other day because it's close and nothing else in between. I really should get, like food or something but I've been far too depressed.

I wish Costco delivered hotdogs. :smith:

You could probably pay some Uber or Lyft driver to pick up a Costco hot dog for you lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'd rather use the Kirkland Brand taxi service.