Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

alpaca diseases posted:

Forcing your values on others is slightly different than standing up for them

Well, it's us forcing abolishionism or khaba forcing slaves to work themselves to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

We're not forcing anything. He can say no. His city will go on as before.

We're offering him a deal that will leave him feeling better off.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

As long as we push the border defense militia angle I'm fine with it. You guys don't want to make waves when it comes to smaller things like talking to Indor or taking Scorpy back to Zepath but now you're pushing for massive societal change.

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
Watch Enkidel start a servile war.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

stink

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Don't sign your posts.

(am i doing this right?)

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Magnusth posted:

Don't sign your posts.

(am i doing this right?)

perfecto

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Magnusth posted:

Don't sign your posts.

(am i doing this right?)

The jury would have also accepted "Much like your posting."

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

All things considered, I would prefer to lead by example, rather than brute force morality.
I mean, how much difference is there between conquering a city through military might and telling them how to live and in holding it hostage economically instead?
One might be less violent and bloody than the other, but, we're still using a position of strength to force our ideals on others.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

the_steve posted:

All things considered, I would prefer to lead by example, rather than brute force morality.
I mean, how much difference is there between conquering a city through military might and telling them how to live and in holding it hostage economically instead?
One might be less violent and bloody than the other, but, we're still using a position of strength to force our ideals on others.

Our ideals are awesome so I'm fine with this.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

paragon1 posted:

Our ideals are awesome so I'm fine with this.

This is the root of many atrocities.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

super sweet best pal posted:

As long as we push the border defense militia angle I'm fine with it. You guys don't want to make waves when it comes to smaller things like talking to Indor or taking Scorpy back to Zepath but now you're pushing for massive societal change.

Diog was repeatedly explicit about the fact that taking OC back to Zepath was a terrible idea. I personally think Indor is rad and wish we could hang with and learn from her, but with the way society is we can't. We need to pick a side and stay on it if we want Ishy to teach us and society to trust us. It's not like we've gone on a crusade against slavery and publicly declared that El hates slavers, we just saw an opportunity to do some good in the world and took it. Even if you take the issue of the ethics of slavery out of it, we are literally preventing bloody wars by making this deal with Khaba. We even have a good excuse as to why we're doing it with the "all men must be armed" thing.

Plus if people see both Kavodel and Acco not using slaves as much and still prospering, maybe it might catch on? I mean probably not, but at least it will get people used to the idea in preparation for the day when we can punch melachim in the face and start making moral declarations.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Diqnol posted:

This is the root of many atrocities.

Forcing your ideals on others is the root of society period, there is no social organization that does not involve coercion at some level.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

paragon1 posted:

Forcing your ideals on others is the root of society period, there is no social organization that does not involve coercion at some level.

As a power in favor of non interference, these are exactly the ideals I'd like to see from a budding god. I wouldn't be concerned at all.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

TheCog posted:

As a power in favor of non interference, these are exactly the ideals I'd like to see from a budding god. I wouldn't be concerned at all.

Let's try the demon arrow on a melachim. Probably slices them up. Right to the back of the head. Kablow.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

TheCog posted:

Sounds like you're threatening to force your ideals on me. :v:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
That octopus was pretty cool.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
In some other game we grew up on the edge of a lake, worshipping the god at its depths.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
I guess the C-Snake would have told us to gently caress off in the same manner as G-Octopus here did.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

I guess the C-Snake would have told us to gently caress off in the same manner as G-Octopus here did.

I wonder why the most powerful beings seem to stick to one spot most of the time...

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

There Bias Two posted:

I wonder why the most powerful beings seem to stick to one spot most of the time...

Giant dongs, I am guessing. Don't want to drag that stuff around.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

There Bias Two posted:

Power nap.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Skellybones posted:

That octopus was pretty cool.

Octopus was cool, but he wasn't no OC. Now, the guy the octopus was protecting? He might be as cool as Amok even. We need to come back in a few years.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

falcon2424 posted:

We're not forcing anything. He can say no. His city will go on as before.

We're offering him a deal that will leave him feeling better off.

*waves huge wad of cash at person whose house got burned down and is now struggling to feed their family* "You don't have to take it, you've got a choice"

This will be almost as much a choice as Smythos gave us lol

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

alpaca diseases posted:

*waves huge wad of cash at person whose house got burned down and is now struggling to feed their family* "You don't have to take it, you've got a choice"

This will be almost as much a choice as Smythos gave us lol

Well, nobody can say we didn't learn from the best when we got to the 'Yes, this is technically a choice' section of the enigmatic figure handbook.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Tsyni posted:

Giant dongs, I am guessing. Don't want to drag that stuff around.

We seem to be doing just fine heyoo

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

7777 puce

and in case my earlier post detailing my thoughts got lost in the frey, I strongly support pushing the Kavodel loophole as our D method

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

FoxTerrier posted:

7777 puce

and in case my earlier post detailing my thoughts got lost in the frey, I strongly support pushing the Kavodel loophole as our D method

Diog is making it sound like we can't do that. Either way, Slavery must end in Kavodel upon our return, and we need to let Khaba know that as well.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
and
Mikado Yellow (edit: If you want to include non-real world colors, I'd go with Octarine)

Eryxias fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 28, 2017

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

FaustianQ posted:

Diog is making it sound like we can't do that. Either way, Slavery must end in Kavodel upon our return, and we need to let Khaba know that as well.

If we end slavery when we come back to Kavodel, we make our dealings with Khaba even more explicit. Also Tudiya would probably have to approve it.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Diogines posted:

I need some randomness.

Give me a whole, rational number random number between 1 and 10,000.

And a color.

Soul Blue.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This is gonna be good. :munch:

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Diogines posted:

I need some randomness.

Give me a whole, rational number random number between 1 and 10,000.

And a color.

Blue

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

We seem to be doing just fine heyoo

Well, just imagine if our potential wasn't being limited by the Great Dong-Snatcher Duo, Ishamal and Jael.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

SerSpook posted:

If we end slavery when we come back to Kavodel, we make our dealings with Khaba even more explicit. Also Tudiya would probably have to approve it.

I just don't see this staying secret, we have to own it. It's kind of cowardly not to.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -