Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah It's looking like it's going to be good. I'm not that concerned but I have a few reservations so I'm definetly going to wait and watch some reviews/gameplay.

Uh. Bayonetta 2 was the only well received game they have made this gen. Transformers was garbage and the rest of the licensed stuff looks even worse. I guess a game being licensed doesn't count in the goon mind for some reason though.

They made two games and both were well recieved.

Even their licensed games were okay and far from garbage

Though only an idiot counts licensed games anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah why would you count a game made by a company as a game they made? How idiotic. They made Bayonetta and WOW 101 and as was said earlier the latter was pretty divisive.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

disc jam being free is cool. kinda don't care about tearaway tho tbh

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tearaway was actually pretty good from what I played of it on Vita. Never finished it though.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Feenix posted:

Disc Jam is fun and may actually have Rocket League-sequel success push by being widely available for free.

Aw man I played the hell out of Windjammers back in the 90s, this looks great.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've heard good things about tearaway but it doesn't interest me at all. I might try it but ps+ games tend to get added to my library and then immediately forgotten forever

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I'm interested in the now upcoming schism between Windjammers and Disc Jam fanatics.

RIP DotEmu though right now.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah why would you count a game made by a company as a game they made? How idiotic. They made Bayonetta and WOW 101 and as was said earlier the latter was pretty divisive.

Yeah counting them is dumb as they are the very defintion a paycheck.

They aren't designed to be good.

I have never heard anything negative about 101 so Lol.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've heard good things about tearaway but it doesn't interest me at all. I might try it but ps+ games tend to get added to my library and then immediately forgotten forever

You can make it snow dicks. Just saying. However, you should have a camera if you want to play it. Or you miss out on the whole premise of the game.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Feb 28, 2017

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I hope PS+ includes an actual AAA PS4 title in March. It's been pretty bad for like a year.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Crows Turn Off posted:

I hope PS+ includes an actual AAA PS4 title in March. It's been pretty bad for like a year.

It does, Tearaway Unfolded

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

nier is good, friends

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

veni veni veni posted:

I always wanted to try WOW101 but yeah, how divisive it was kind of kept me from caring that I missed it that much. If I can snag a Wii U for cheap after the switch comes out it'll be on my short list.

I have heard so many good things about Breath of the Wild at this point that getting a bead on its Wii U performance is what I feel will determine whether I just get a cheap Wii U or a Switch this winter. If I knew that W101 and Bayonetta 2 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions would definitely end up on the Switch at some point, I might hold out for that.

It's going to be winter because I will be busy playing PS4 games until then

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

i bought into the Tearaway Vita hype and I thought the game was lame and dumb

I also think the same for persona 4 so what do I know I guess

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got all the endings in Drakengard so even if Nier is lower tier Platinum it's gonna be better than that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah counting them is dumb as they are the very defintion a paycheck.

They aren't designed to be good.

This is incredibly stupid but whatever.

Have fun thinking that willfully making bad games is a good/irrelevant quality in a company guess.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have heard so many good things about Breath of the Wild at this point that getting a bead on its Wii U performance is what I feel will determine whether I just get a cheap Wii U or a Switch this winter. If I knew that W101 and Bayonetta 2 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions would definitely end up on the Switch at some point, I might hold out for that.

It's going to be winter because I will be busy playing PS4 games until then

Imo unless the (admittedly cool) gimmick is a game changer for you, there will be no better time to buy a Wii U than in the upcoming months. Theres years worth of games to play. Which is like a dozen games in Nintendo years but there are still quite a few and there should be a surplus of cheap Wii U's.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 28, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I got all the endings in Drakengard so even if Nier is lower tier Platinum it's gonna be better than that.

the demo already played infinitely better than the first nier or any drakengard game, so it'll instantly be the best game in the series so long as the story is as crazy as it was before

the only question I have is about the localization. nier was really good about that. the rest I feel like I can trust the rest to live up to my expectations (which aren't like goty or w/e some people are expecting)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

veni veni veni posted:

Tearaway was actually pretty good from what I played of it on Vita. Never finished it though.

I enjoyed Tearaway on the Vita and did finish it but never got through the PS4 one because it felt like the same game. Lost some of its charm.

Ironically bought it at the same time as LBP3 when they were about $5 each.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

This is incredibly stupid but whatever.

Have fun thinking that willfully making bad games is a good/irrelevant quality in a company guess.

Imo unless the (admittedly cool) gimmick is a game changer for you, there will be no better time to buy a Wii U than in the upcoming months. Theres years worth of games to play. Which is like a dozen games in Nintendo years but there are still quite a few and there should be a surplus of cheap Wii U's.

How is is stupid to use context when making a decision. You get how making blanket statements with no understanding why things happen is bad right

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The fact that you think it's completely irrelevant that a company made a batch of bad games because of some perceived context that you have no actual way of backing up is stupid, yes. And the idea that they willfully make worse games when someone pays them to make them doesn't sound particularly awesome.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

And speaking of context. i didn't say I thought Nier would be bad, I said some of their recent games were bad imo so I'd check out reviews. "the horror"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

The fact that you think it's completely irrelevant that a company made a batch of bad games because of some perceived context that you have no actual way of backing up is stupid, yes. And the idea that they willfully make worse games when someone pays them to make them doesn't sound particularly awesome.

If you feel that way fine it's dumb but you be you I guess.

Maybe one day you will find that fabled good cash in game.

Though either way they weren't bad games. They were as good as you will get.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Guys, guys, the small licensed games Platinum turned out to earn a quick paycheck while they were also working on a bigass passion project rpg didn't get their full attention and polish. Clearly the whole studio's gone to poo poo! :pseudo:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Guys, guys, the small licensed games Platinum turned out to earn a quick paycheck while they were also working on a bigass passion project rpg didn't get their full attention and polish. Clearly the whole studio's gone to poo poo! :pseudo:

Actually that makes them bad people, not the companies that commissioned them, just platinum.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

If you feel that way fine it's dumb but you be you I guess.

Maybe one day you will find that fabled good cash in game.

Though either way they weren't bad games. They were as good as you will get.

Lol, Jesus. Allright buddy.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wonder which category their Granblue games are gonna fit into.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Wonder which category their Granblue games are gonna fit into.

What's granblue

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlestheHammer posted:

What's granblue

:cenobite:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I looked it up, oh dear.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

scalebound was canceled actually :v:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
their bigass passion project was obviously just a cash in so they could put all their resources into nier

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manatee Cannon posted:

scalebound was canceled actually :v:

Wait, really? I wondered what happened to that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wait, really? I wondered what happened to that.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/9/14216246/scalebound-canceled-xbox-one-pc-platinum-microsoft

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How does local co-op works on ps4? I have two controllers but I can only use one at a time. Do I have to set the second controller to a guest user?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

A Platinum licensed game is like a Matthew McConaughey romcom. You don't watch a trailer for the first season of True Detective and worry because that's the Wedding Planner guy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Platinum's licensed games are not up to their usual quality but aside from Turtles they're perfectly fine licensed brawlers clearly made on a budget and have at least enough mechanical depth that you can do TRUESTYLLLLEZ videos for Transformers if you want

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

when is nier out anyways, theres too many loving games coming out man. horizon zero dawn tomorrow, then zelda, then i dont loving know. i bought a bunch of drugs in preparation though

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

rabidsquid posted:

when is nier out anyways, theres too many loving games coming out man. horizon zero dawn tomorrow, then zelda, then i dont loving know. i bought a bunch of drugs in preparation though

March 7th, but you can get it digitally now from the Japanese PSN store, it has English.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the release dates for nier are 2/23 jp, 3/7 na, 3/10 pal and pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Their licensed games were made on slimmer schedules and generally led by different staff than their more notable games. It's a mark on their brand but not reflective of their work under publishers wanting more than a quick buck off cartoon IPs.