Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Yeah, you own the business that owns the machine gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
pretty sure you also have to reapply for your dealer license every so often, and it isnt cheap

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Given the cost of ammo it seems like the kind of thing you only do if you really want a machine gun and have gently caress you money.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
The "dealer sample" is a bit of fucky-fucky. They're cheaper, since they can only transfer between dealers and not private collectors, but you have to also have proof of interest in purchase/testing by a law-enforcement agency.

A while back, it came out that some pissant little town (in CA, I want to say, but don't remember for sure) was putting out interest letters solely for the benefit of their dealer pal getting fun toys. Another dealer, more recently, got an interest letter and sat on it for a while before acquiring the sample. Problem is, the agency in question rescinded the letter before the transfer was finalized, so the gun is now in limbo - paid for, but can't legally be transferred to the dealer. (It appears he used the letter after being informed that it was no longer valid, so he's hosed legally as well, possibly.)

Have a (really gunfappery) video of a dude shooting a handheld 7.62 minigun. Skip to 1:11 to watch him slide backwards from the recoil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5FgePpGFWA

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I thought I saw talk recently of removing the LE request requirements for "post samples" as part of some proposed ATF rule changes with the new administration. At that point it might be feasible to be a SOT from your home? :question:

I mean, I've bought two guns from kitchen table FFLs so it's not that far fetched:

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/february-17-2017-correspondence-indicates-license-can-be-issued-persons-whose-intent

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Feb 25, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Mike-o posted:

And then you also have to live in a state that allows full auto.

And then on top of all that I forget what it's called but there's some laws about importation of firearms and whether or not they pass the "sporting arms purpose" test, which is an arbitrary number of cosmetic features. I'm a bit rusty in this so someone correct me if need be.

922(r). It's 100% bullshit garbage that won't go away due to...

Proud Christian Mom posted:

We're never going to dump the MG ban either because the NRA aside from from being composed of racist shitheads is also full of people with huge investments in MG parts. Also, pearl clutching over blue lives matter.

The NRA and crusty old members that get wound up over guns that hold more than two bullets and have plastic furniture.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Man, gently caress the NRA. Are there any pro-gun organizations that aren't filled with racist maniacs? The TFR/GiP of lobbying groups if you will.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
We've consistently lobbied for a cleansing nuclear death for years now. I don't think we're a big constituency. At all. And most of us have more than one DSM-V diagnosis. Other than pederasts and Anime lovers you won't find a shittier group of fucks to wipe your rear end with than GiP. And when you wipe poo poo you smear it, and god sees that and he's gonna strike you down.

I'm on a weed and oxycontin fueled late night mission to find my goddamn Kindle so I can watch the latest episode of The Expanse. So hooked. It's the SciFi equivalent of heroin. I'm hooked.

So pumped to find out Why EROs is moving itself and I guess the end resolution to Millers storyline. It's not even funny!

I'll be back in like 50 minutes to let you pecker heads know if the episode was dope or not.

✌️ peace bitches ✌️

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

my kinda ape posted:

Man, gently caress the NRA. Are there any pro-gun organizations that aren't filled with racist maniacs? The TFR/GiP of lobbying groups if you will.

There's a few that are openly pro-LGBT and have minority members, but I don't think there's any pro-gun organization as big as the NRA.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

my kinda ape posted:

https://www.saf.org/

But let's be honest, your "gun rights" are not at risk. As far as civil rights violations in this country go, the risk that one day you might have to get a background check before a private firearms sale is waaaay down on the list.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

We've consistently lobbied for a cleansing nuclear death for years now. I don't think we're a big constituency. At all. And most of us have more than one DSM-V diagnosis. Other than pederasts and Anime lovers you won't find a shittier group of fucks to wipe your rear end with than GiP. And when you wipe poo poo you smear it, and god sees that and he's gonna strike you down.

I'm on a weed and oxycontin fueled late night mission to find my goddamn Kindle so I can watch the latest episode of The Expanse. So hooked. It's the SciFi equivalent of heroin. I'm hooked.

So pumped to find out Why EROs is moving itself and I guess the end resolution to Millers storyline. It's not even funny!

I'll be back in like 50 minutes to let you pecker heads know if the episode was dope or not.

✌️ peace bitches ✌️

Super dope my man. Also the scenes where Earth fires off half her nuclear arsenal with railguns is beautiful. This whole drat episode is gorgeous actually.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

https://www.saf.org/

But let's be honest, your "gun rights" are not at risk. As far as civil rights violations in this country go, the risk that one day you might have to get a background check before a private firearms sale is waaaay down on the list.

The problem isn't that the nation will suddenly ban guns. It's that cities and states will chip away at gun rights over time. It's a long game. Cities like NYC, Chicago, DC, and Las Vegas are examples. Nevada and New York took opposite stances on this, by the way. The Nevada legislature smacked down Vegas by reiterating that cities can't trump state law, but local law enforcement still harasses people with permits openly; it's the only city I know of where concealed carry is legal but firearms instructors and writers actively recommend you don't alert law enforcement (usually they recommend you do, or leave it up to you). NY passed the Safe Act, which nibbles at the issue by doing things like: basing classification of a weapon on visual cues (it looks scary so it must be restricted...pistols can be considered assault weapons, for example), all assault weapons must be registered with the state, new magazines over 7 rounds are illegal (old 8+ rd mags are legal but can only be used to carry 7), purchasing ammunition requires a background check and you have to purchase it through an FFL, mental health checks are mandatory and if there's anything negative there you are banned from purchases for five years and any guns you own are seized by the state (due process be damned), and if you hold a CCW permit you specifically have to request that your personal information (name, address, etc) NOT be made publicly available...that was in response to this site but for some reason it's not automatic. It's also worth noting that 52 of NY's 62 counties do not support the Safe Act. Eight of the ten supporting counties are in the NYC metro and Long Island. Not particularly representative, but it doesn't need to be.

Is it a gun ban? Obviously not. But is it of genuine concern? Absolutely. Some of these provisions have been employed elsewhere. Colorado has taken some anti-gun steps in recent years; they no longer recognize non-resident permits from any state and do not offer a CO non-resident permit...not a big deal, but a minor hassle which means a lot of people will pay the extra $$$ to hold permits from multiple states. They banned a lot of standard capacity magazines in a law so poorly written that Magpul, one of the largest manufacturers of magazines in the country, was technically in violation of the law simply by conducting their business (kudos to them for moving out of CO and bringing employees that wanted to go with them). We all know about California. You've got people like Bloomberg, Hillary, and Pelosi who are openly against guns...and they're all influential democrats so that inherently aligns gun owners against democrats to some degree. And Bloomberg sprinkles cash anywhere he thinks he can influence gun laws...Colorado is a prime example. So you've got people from those isolated anti-gun areas influencing state and local laws elsewhere, actively trying to chip away until it becomes commonplace. At that point they've already won, but there's a tipping point where it becomes acceptable on a national level because X states and major municipalities already have similar laws, so obviously the people have spoken, right? Either that or Bloomberg dropped enough money into the right pockets.

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's literally what's been happening.

Edit: Gunship video, since that's actually the thread we're in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUHCsN5nCq4

Godholio fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 25, 2017

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
While I completely agree with you, let's bring this to the gunchat thread that I'm horrible thread maker of because I'm behind by like 300 posts.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Mike-o posted:

The full auto civilian registration, the NFA registry, was frozen with the 1986 "firearm owners protection act".....sooooo you can't bring in and/or register any full auto firearm for the civilian market :(.

It's even worse than that. It hasn't been legal to import machine guns for sale to the general public since the Gun Control Act of 1968. Any machine gun that was imported between 1968 and 1986 is a dealer sample that can only be transferred between dealers & LE. However, dealers can keep pre-86 dealer samples after they go out of business and give up their license, unlike post-86 machine guns. Many machine guns that you might think were imported were actually imported as semi-autos and then converted to machine guns once in the US to get around the import law.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Iraqi Army still hasn't figured out "cover" :nws: https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d3b_1406825957&comments=1

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That guy did, eventually.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i love how literally no one else is shooting, just rambone there goin ape til he gets swatted

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I bet he was feeling super cool until, you know, he got shot.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Maybe if we want 3rd world militaries to be any good we need to stop letting them have Call of Duty games ported over to their region

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

He ended up better off than this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un0FW367x44

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I get that a lot of these guys aren't trained but wtf?! It's common loving sense that popping out, getting someone's attention by shooting at them, and then regularly stepping out in the same exact spot over and over is basically screaming "kill me I'm a shithead!" as loud as you can

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
They only die if god wants them to die, inshallah

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

like yall wouldnt have totally done that if some adult wasnt there to tell you to get behind cover

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Scratch Monkey posted:

I get that a lot of these guys aren't trained but wtf?! It's common loving sense that popping out, getting someone's attention by shooting at them, and then regularly stepping out in the same exact spot over and over is basically screaming "kill me I'm a shithead!" as loud as you can

"It's okay, this bulletproof vest will protect you!"

*gets shot in the head*

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

this is how theyve fought for a very long time though

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Please respect their culture

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
What was that book or study about how middle eastern armies are pants on head retarded and why they fight like retards? From my personal anecdotal evidence, middle eastern armies are all about who's tribe you're from or who you bribed to be an officer. Enlisted are literally cannon fodder and officers hoard all knowledge about anything, especially when they get sent to US military schools. That and from what I saw, it literally was "inshallah" about everything. Don't need tactics or cover when it's up to god when you die.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Mike-o posted:

What was that book or study about how middle eastern armies are pants on head retarded and why they fight like retards? From my personal anecdotal evidence, middle eastern armies are all about who's tribe you're from or who you bribed to be an officer. Enlisted are literally cannon fodder and officers hoard all knowledge about anything, especially when they get sent to US military schools. That and from what I saw, it literally was "inshallah" about everything. Don't need tactics or cover when it's up to god when you die.

http://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgGCoIPo5vE

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
They sent a (not mine) sweeper to front lines against ISIS

https://twitter.com/green_lemonnn/status/836550837505769473

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing

Hot Karl Marx posted:

They sent a (not mine) sweeper to front lines against ISIS

https://twitter.com/green_lemonnn/status/836550837505769473

It's probably for clearing runways.

But the mental image of it happily sweeping minefields is pretty funny, too.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Technically it can sweep at least one mine.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Well poo poo only 29 more days till mission accomplished

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

It's not "why arabs lose wars" though, it's "why tinpot dictatorship armies lose wars". Like the lessons in there can be applied all over the place to armies that could threaten a coup, no dictator is going to let their army get more competent than it is loyal. Hell, look at the direction Turkey is heading in now after all the purges.

Putting it down to "Arab's only value tribal ties" or whatever is on the same level as when Westmoreland said North Vietnam won the war because "Orientals don't value human life".

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

In the spirit of fairness there are not many armies that would have done better against Israel in 1973 or the US in 1991.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

They actually did pretty well at the operational level in '73, at least initially.

Edit: losses on both sides were something like 600 aircraft and 3500 tanks in nineteen days.

Imagine what the figures would have been like if the world had gone full Clancy in the Fulda Gap.

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Feb 28, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Smiling Jack posted:

Imagine what the figures would have been like if the world had gone full Clancy in the Fulda Gap.

Something like 3 billion dead on the first day

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Something like 3 billion dead on the first day

No, Clancy skips the NBC stuff

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

CENTCOM getting all horned up

https://twitter.com/CENTCOM/status/836573860669571072

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Would, would, wait is that my sister?