Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't know, I think you might be overthinking. like this is such a small game, would the mafia really be given a fake pm?

I thought Tobbs logic is "I'm town, and my PM looks different from the op so I'll just hint hint and see who caught on so I can see who is likely town"

Lol that's not a hint bro. He outright said it.

And if the mod changed poo poo, why wouldn't he?

Laziness sure, not to throw the mod under the bus, but yeah he could leave the OP as is and all and say, "gently caress it" to the scum, but... It's wiser to be cautious as town than totally accepting of any and every claim ever. That's just basic logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Usually when the mod puts the VT description in the OP, they don't give scum fakeclaims.

So yeah, I jumped on the differences in hopes that AA didn't, out of an abundance of caution, send scum the "new" role PM that's different from what's in the OP. I'd play with it more, but I imagine he's given it to them by now since I'm trying to break his game with it.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Usually when the mod puts the VT description in the OP, they don't give scum fakeclaims.

So yeah, I jumped on the differences in hopes that AA didn't, out of an abundance of caution, send scum the "new" role PM that's different from what's in the OP. I'd play with it more, but I imagine he's given it to them by now since I'm trying to break his game with it.

Thoughts on Tired Moritz?

And yes, I acknowledge that they usually don't send the scum new role PMs. Again, I maintain my stance that until I see a card flip on a player, I'm not going to call them confirmed town. In addition, I hold in suspicion those who automatically refer to someone as "sure" town. That's an easy stance to take on a player.

And no, once the first one or two people have responded, you can no longer "break" the game. In a small game like this that's helpful, for sure, but...

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tired Moritz posted:

huhh I have a pro-town win condition so I am very town

This pings me a little. The description in the OP talks about eliminating scum, but the actual role PM doesn't mention them.

Is it a slip, or just an interpretation of the actual town role PM? I'm not sold on it 100%, but I think it's worth putting pressure on him.

With 6 players, we probably have 2 scum, making today MYLO (if you ignore the vigs or they all fail).

I think we probably get one lynch, we're going to take our shots tonight, and the game is going to be over N1.

If that's true, this is our only day of discussion, so we need to hear from everyone.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This pings me a little. The description in the OP talks about eliminating scum, but the actual role PM doesn't mention them.

Is it a slip, or just an interpretation of the actual town role PM? I'm not sold on it 100%, but I think it's worth putting pressure on him.

With 6 players, we probably have 2 scum, making today MYLO (if you ignore the vigs or they all fail).

I think we probably get one lynch, we're going to take our shots tonight, and the game is going to be over N1.

If that's true, this is our only day of discussion, so we need to hear from everyone.

I agree on hearing from everyone. I have my vote down as pressure. I'm off work for the rest of today, so I can remove it if necessary. If someone else has someone they think is worth looking at, I think it's worth them putting a vote on, but I think only one vote on a suspect is the way to go. That is to say, I don't think anyone should add another vote to Tired Moritz.

Also, where in what he said mention scum? If you could expand on what you're saying I'd appreciate it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

windshipper posted:

I agree on hearing from everyone. I have my vote down as pressure. I'm off work for the rest of today, so I can remove it if necessary. If someone else has someone they think is worth looking at, I think it's worth them putting a vote on, but I think only one vote on a suspect is the way to go. That is to say, I don't think anyone should add another vote to Tired Moritz.

Also, where in what he said mention scum? If you could expand on what you're saying I'd appreciate it.

Maybe I was reading into him too much, but when he says "I have a pro town win condition so I am town" it makes me think of the sample VT role PM in the OP, where it's mentioned that scum need to be eliminated.

Of course, the one in the OP also explicitly states alignment. TM's response seemed awkward to me.

WRT only having a single vote on someone, I'm inclined to agree. It's 4 to lynch, and with two scum all it takes is for 2 town votes to be on someone for scum to finish the lynch.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Stickup chatting about how he's not posting in this game.

Stickup scum.

##vote this is a stickup

I am always watching.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Maybe I was reading into him too much, but when he says "I have a pro town win condition so I am town" it makes me think of the sample VT role PM in the OP, where it's mentioned that scum need to be eliminated.

Of course, the one in the OP also explicitly states alignment. TM's response seemed awkward to me.

WRT only having a single vote on someone, I'm inclined to agree. It's 4 to lynch, and with two scum all it takes is for 2 town votes to be on someone for scum to finish the lynch.

I would agree with that assessment, that's why I voted him as well. (As I said)

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Stickup chatting about how he's not posting in this game.

Stickup scum.

##vote this is a stickup

I am always watching.

I hadn't even opened the thread yet

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

windshipper posted:

To clarify - I think it's highly likely he's town.

I also know as scum, were I to receive that in my role PM, if I had the chance I'd be the first one to make nearly that exact same post.

Chances are he is town both numbers wise and the fact that I don't know if many scum would be so quick to make that post, but I think it is more likely than not that he is town.

On top of that, I think your post is phrased scummily and I think you being so quick to write him off as town is scummy. Calling people town is an easy thing to fall back on as scum.

I'm not entirely sure tobbs would have the clarity to be thinking that far ahead as scum. he is a pretty timid and withdrawn scum player, and in general that's not something I'd expect tobbs to do as scum

moritz is always a very scummy sounding poster though.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't know, I think you might be overthinking. like this is such a small game, would the mafia really be given a fake pm?

I thought Tobbs logic is "I'm town, and my PM looks different from the op so I'll just hint hint and see who caught on so I can see who is likely town"

I don't see any reason they wouldn't have one. it's not like AA would need to come up with a complex fake claim.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

this is a strange post. my pm says eliminate threats, which would be a pro-town win condition, and you of all people should know tm posts things like that all the time.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

this is a stickup posted:

this is a strange post. my pm says eliminate threats, which would be a pro-town win condition, and you of all people should know tm posts things like that all the time.

Yeah, I was wondering about that as well. It's why I asked him to expand on it.

I agree the phrasing in it seems awkward, but Tobb's response seems just as awkward in both his response to me asking him about Moritz and his response to me asking for clarification.

Part of me has me wondering if that's just because he got put on the spot though. I don't really know any of you, so, I have no meta. I'd appreciate your thoughts on both of them.

And if they have any thoughts on you that'd be cool too.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
idk I interpreted my win con as very pro-town. Like there's no other way to read it other than pro-town.

im definitely not third because don't third parties roles usually need you to live to win?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I dont think I'd ever played a game where I was scum and got fake claims so the possibility had slipped my mind.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Tired Moritz (1): windshipper
this is a stickup (1): Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (4): chaoslord, Mr. F!, this is a stickup, Tired Moritz

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 01st, 2017 at 11:10 a.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 45 minutes.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh hey deadline ##vote TM

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Actually

##vote mr f

I want to do this

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
its cool its cool

#vote mr f

kill afkers

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

idk I interpreted my win con as very pro-town. Like there's no other way to read it other than pro-town.

im definitely not third because don't third parties roles usually need you to live to win?

What is your win con?

Also hf chaoslord the gently caress. Any thoughts on tired moritz or tobbs?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
my win con is to kill anyone that would threaten my precious townie pals :)

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Nobody's here to lynch are they.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
im ready for no lynch FOR MAXIMUM GUNS AND BLOOD

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

windshipper posted:

What is your win con?

Also hf chaoslord the gently caress. Any thoughts on tired moritz or tobbs?

I agree I don't like TM but you are probably going to vig him as am I.

I am more worried about Mr F flying under the radar.

Would vote TM to avoid no lunch though

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

chaoslord posted:

I agree I don't like TM but you are probably going to vig him as am I.

I am more worried about Mr F flying under the radar.

Would vote TM to avoid no lunch though

Why do you not like him?

And why vig him over a lurker? I ask because you just popped in here and haven't really been involved in anything.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Making I ask why you're wanting to vig him over a lurker because you have your vote on a lurker. For the reason that you don't want them flying under the radar

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm actually fine with offing someone who hasn't even posted once.

##vote Mr. F

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

*mainly I ask...

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

I'll drop the hammer. Let's talk until then though.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

:sigh: or not I guess

##vote Mr. F

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry for the late end of day(On day 3 of a stomach bug. Nothing is left clean.)

ANYHOW!

No one died. 12 hours from this post for actions, no prodding. Love AA. <3

Anomalous Amalgam fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 1, 2017

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Hashing out a vote discrepancy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Mr. F!,

TOWN Aligned 1-Shot Cop Vigilante, has been hung.

IT is now night 1 from this post.

:siren: Sorry for the mix up. VF didn't count a vote in the time frame. :siren:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
chaoslord, TOWN aligned Vanilla Vigilante, has died.
Tired Moritz, TOWN aligned Saboteur Vigilante, has died.

It is now Day 2.

Tobbs Gnawed, windshipper, this is a stickup remain alive.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (3): this is a stickup, Tobbs Gnawed, windshipper

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 02nd, 2017 at 11:33 p.m. EST -- that's in about 23 hours, 59 minutes.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Well gently caress.

I shot TM, I thought he was actually scum.

I'm extremely surprised there's only 1 this game.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

windshipper posted:

Whoops quoted the wrong post but yeah mine says nothing about being town aligned either, just the win condition matches.

Anyways driving home from work and gonna pass out for a bit.

Giving this a second look, nothing had been posted that matches the actual town wincon.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Tentatively think windshipper is scum, but I'm not putting down a vote in LYLO unless I'm sure.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
sorry I missed the deadline, I wasn't expecting it to be whatever time it was. gonna lay my thoughts out as I try to collect them

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Well gently caress.

I shot TM, I thought he was actually scum.

I'm extremely surprised there's only 1 this game.

I looked over the thread during night phase and decided on killing chaoslord. I thought it was weird he came in to kill someone who hadn't posted at all, when he had done the exact same thing. my gun jammed :v: but someone got him anyway

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I thought it was a little strange you were pushing a 'slip' right away in the manner that you did, unless you interpret eliminating the threats to the town as an anti-town wincon, which doesn't make any sense. the call of 2 scum in the same post was something I noted and part of the reason I thought your posting was a little weird.

in a 6 man, all vig micro, I'd assume 1 scum/1 survivor before 2 scum. at the time, I had a slight feeling that you knew a little too much about the setup and were trying to mislead our thought process, but you are being consistent about it, and frankly I don't see the point of lying about it in this game

however, I know you are a proponent of keeping your vote on someone that you really think is scum, yet you dropped off of TM to go for an easy lurker lynch. and today, you're going after windshipper for what you're calling another slip. I feel like it's a little opportunistic on your part, and also curious that you managed to catch TM's 'slip' when windshipper was saying he thinks you're town, but now that we're all that's left, you've caught windshipper for the same thing. how did you manage to overlook windshipper apparently slipping on the exact same thing that TM did, and one post before TM did? I think it's an interesting thing you're bringing up, as it's 100% correct to say nothing at that point matches the exact wincon, but drat if it doesn't feel weird in this context

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

windshipper posted:

To clarify - I think it's highly likely he's town.

I also know as scum, were I to receive that in my role PM, if I had the chance I'd be the first one to make nearly that exact same post.

Chances are he is town both numbers wise and the fact that I don't know if many scum would be so quick to make that post, but I think it is more likely than not that he is town.

On top of that, I think your post is phrased scummily and I think you being so quick to write him off as town is scummy. Calling people town is an easy thing to fall back on as scum.

the simplest explanation here would be tobbs being scum. my meta on him is, in general, based on large games, where he tended to shy away from making alignment calls until pressured; as town, he's more like a rapid fire alignment calling machine with votes all over the place. based on the cases he's made in this game, I'm not sure if it can apply to a small game like this.

coming out of the gate to make a post you acknowledge is something you'd do as scum is quite possibly the realest notion of someone being scum in this thread. after looking it all over, though you were actually calling him town at the time, I think you might've been onto something with regards to making that post as scum. but on first read, this post actually pinged me a little.

reading the first point from a perspective of you being scum, it almost sounds like you were planning to make that exact post and tobbs beat you to it, but that post and this idea can't become a smoking gun regardless. if we assume scum did get sent the exact win condition, scum tobbs could have jumped on the post as you would have, and you could be remorse about not getting to do it first. it works both ways and doesn't really go any further than that.

windshipper has no experience with TM and his reaction to TM's posting style is pretty normal for everyone to have at first. I'd expect tobbs to know better. right now I am leaning tobbs ever so slightly but I'd like to hear from windshipper who is oddly quiet today, considering he was active at pretty much all day on D1

• Locked thread