Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Dan Didio posted:

Mark Hunt is going to win.

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

I disagree.

It ultimately doesn't matter who wins because Conor is never going to fight either of them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can see Conor finally defending a belt if Tony wins. I don't think he wants any of Khabib.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Lando, Hunt and Ugly Tony, Judo Dan all for the win.

Dunno about Thompson-Woodley, think I'd actively like to see a Woodley win again if only so he can keep being a loudly aggrieved champion, while starring in a sitcom with Sage.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Apprentice Dick posted:

It ultimately doesn't matter who wins because Conor is never going to fight either of them.

Thats a pretty bad way of determining if a fight matters

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Conor would have a chance against either guy but this fight is pretty clearly gonna decide who the current best LW is

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

manyak posted:

Conor would have a chance against either guy but this fight is pretty clearly gonna decide who the current best LW is

yeah

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

is the video of 9 year old khabib wrestling a bear cub going around actually real?

I feel like he tweeted that it wasn't

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

He denied it for a while and then started claiming it was. People like to think that it was because they finally wore him down and got him to admit it, rather than he realized it was a marketing opportunity, which is the truth.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I can see Conor finally defending a belt if Tony wins. I don't think he wants any of Khabib.

I think it's the other way around. Tony has the height, reach, and striking to give Conor trouble. Khabib at least has to get inside.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Southpaugh posted:

Lando, Hunt and Ugly Tony, Judo Dan all for the win.

Dunno about Thompson-Woodley, think I'd actively like to see a Woodley win again if only so he can keep being a loudly aggrieved champion, while starring in a sitcom with Sage.

Dad Kelly is a hero we can all rally behind

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

manyak posted:

I want nate to fight the winner

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

manyak posted:

yea it doesn't hurt the division at all if he never fights in it again or something, but it would be nice if he would.

it's funny by the time the fight is over there will be 20 combined wins in the division between Khabib & Tony and Conor has had 1

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Hunt/Overeem makes me sad because I can't see how either man can take a loss and not at best have one foot out of the door on their career

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

For sure

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
OVereem did a cool thing on JDS

For that he can stay

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He fuckin clowned and destroyed JDS and that was the matchup lots of people said was the worst for alistair

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Hunt/Overeem makes me sad because I can't see how either man can take a loss and not at best have one foot out of the door on their career

either can go smash birthday clowns in Japan until the end of time

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Skip My Posts posted:

He fuckin clowned and destroyed JDS and that was the matchup lots of people said was the worst for alistair

He finished him but he didn't clown him. The first round had about two strikes total and then he KO'd him towards the end of the second

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

EmmyOk posted:

He finished him but he didn't clown him. The first round had about two strikes total and then he KO'd him towards the end of the second

Fair enough

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

hunts doing ok isnt he? his last 2 official losses were against werdum and stipe

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
and before that *glances sideways at wikipedia auto cue* Julie dos sandos

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

I.N.R.I posted:

hunts doing ok isnt he? his last 2 official losses were against werdum and stipe

The Stipe fight was just brutal. That referee wanted to see someone die that night.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Overeem should pull guard.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Ayup

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I only know about Dan kelly from the posts but I hope he destroys Rashad. I also hope Tyron destroys Wonderboy or at least backs up towards the fence to a unanimous decision.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

There's no shame in those losses but he's pretty candid that he's near the end of his career as it is

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I wouldnt be suprised that Hunt retires after a win or loss. Dude is getting up there regardless.

I dont think Conor will ever fight the interim belt holder because they're going to fight GSP after he beats mcgregor.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Yeah or takedowns from the clinch or something

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

He won last time after he caught a sub following a takedown from the clinch, although he wasn't the one landing the takedown

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
it was less a takedown and more a stun-and-shove

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Important reveal from the embedded. Khabib got Cormier to call himself a bitch for two months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU0LxV9PpCM

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Skip My Posts posted:

Hunt is really strong and actually decent in the clinch. There are a lot of examples of guys trying to control him there and just being overpowered. It actually happened to full-steroid Overeem about a hundred years ago when he fought Hunt the first time--tried to clinch, got bitch-tossed to the side, then tapped Hunt with a kimura from bottom side control.

Shooting in on a single is really the way to go if you want to take Hunt down, and I don't think Overeem has a good enough shot unless he really sets it up with striking.

My guess is Overeem will try a strategy something like what he used on Big Country, who is another short HW with very heavy hands.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

You make me call myself bitch?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

Hunt is really strong and actually decent in the clinch. There are a lot of examples of guys trying to control him there and just being overpowered. It actually happened to full-steroid Overeem about a hundred years ago when he fought Hunt the first time--tried to clinch, got bitch-tossed to the side, then tapped Hunt with a kimura from bottom side control.

Shooting in on a single is really the way to go if you want to take Hunt down, and I don't think Overeem has a good enough shot unless he really sets it up with striking.

My guess is Overeem will try a strategy something like what he used on Big Country, who is another short HW with very heavy hands.

i think overeem is gonna try to get it to the ground where he has an enormous advantage

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Skip My Posts posted:

i think overeem is gonna try to get it to the ground where he has an enormous advantage

I don't think that advantage is near as big as it was when they first fought though.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I think it will be much easier for Overeem to punch Hunt from on top than Struve. And easier to get him there. Overeem can very easily gently caress it up but that goes without saying.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Mechafunkzilla posted:

*while repeatedly punching the bear in the face* "Bear, you must hibernate now. You know this. You must go back to your bear cave so I can fight for the title."

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
tony ferguson is so sick, didn't even know he came up on the ultimate fighter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

tony ferguson is so sick, didn't even know he came up on the ultimate fighter

I didnt watch it but apparently he was a stupid dick head on the show and lots of people didnt like him. I only started watching him after that and i like him so i will never watch it

• Locked thread