Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Out of the frying pan into a worse frying pan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.

Gavok posted:

It's been a while since I've made a dumb comics/wrestling comparison post, so here it goes:

Back in the 80's, the Justice League sucked so much that big names like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern left. Then shortly after, B-listers like Aquaman, Zatanna and Elongated Man peaced out. The whole team was a sad shadow of its former self.

So that's what TNA makes me think of now. Martian Manhunter and four lame no-names sulking in a Detroit warehouse.

Ah, Broken Matt and Brother Nero being the Blue Beetle and Booster Gold of the TNA JLI.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
TNA is just so completely ice cold and dead as a company, they have absolutely no momentum whatsoever. I feel like it would be easier to just start a new wrestling show with a new name and generate some interest that way rather than somehow kickstarting this dead company back up.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The TNA Heelcast is not a source and they have bad sources

https://twitter.com/DonovanDijak/status/836528358737473536?s=09

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

flashy_mcflash posted:

The TNA Heelcast is not a source and they have bad sources

https://twitter.com/DonovanDijak/status/836528358737473536?s=09

:drat:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

I actually dont think that TNA is stupid on this one. They are worthless and they are trying to keep the cost down so maybe in the future make some money of this trashcan of a company.

A wrestling company needs wrestlers. Their roster is already tiny and the Hardys were the most over people there. And they're not going to attract new talent with the kind of deals they're talking about.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the funniest post in psp history is roque posting a mobile youtube link to the official tnasylum podcast as a source for news the donovan dijak is leaving roh for tna

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis-Bennett have departed TNA, http://pwinsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources. https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/836759180501483520

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gavok posted:

Martian Manhunter is Bobby Lashley. Powerful bald guy who's kind of a big name, but will never really be an A-lister.
I need the JL/JLU video where its a supercut of Martian Manhunter doing his powers and immediately getting electrocuted and screaming since his power is about as OP as The Flash

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

oatgan posted:

the funniest post in psp history is roque posting a mobile youtube link to the official tnasylum podcast as a source for news the donovan dijak is leaving roh for tna

he's the stupidest rear end in a top hat of all time replacing [redacted]

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

So this brings their roster down to like 12 people right

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

skaboomizzy posted:

I'm sure they'll be fine without the Hardys, they still have the star power of Mike and Maria and that guy who calls everyone "dummy"

welp

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

rovert posted:

Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis-Bennett have departed TNA, http://pwinsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources. https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/836759180501483520

Didn't they just re-sign?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

RZApublican posted:

Bram, Josh, Pope, JJ... uh.... Wolves, EC3, Crazzy Steevvee, Spud, ummm... gail kim?

That's honest to god all I can think of

E: Aron Rex!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

Didn't he also claim there was no chance of Dijak leaving ROH?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Rockstar Spud will be the only one left and they'll find a way to make him lose to himself.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RZApublican posted:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/836394593017028608
https://twitter.com/WAManeuver/status/836763563750481921

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Didn't they just re-sign?

Per appearance. Deals expired in 2016, they stuck around for the Jan/Feb episode tapings. Company hoped they could get them long-term, now they're not getting them period.

5 departures this week alone. Still only Tuesday.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rov are they going to wwe?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

I really doubt it.

Likewise Drew which really sucks.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'd think Bennett and Maria going there is unlikely considering the whole Maria-WWE thing. She's pretty bitter about her time there.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope the nice blonde happy lady resign from this company and goes to sd!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'd think Bennett and Maria going there is unlikely considering the whole Maria-WWE thing. She's pretty bitter about her time there.

When the Corgan left Maria tweeted she was working on leaving Wrestling. Mike flirted with joining ROH and posed with his old Kingdom faction at an indie show.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I thought Maria did an interview where she talked about going to Full Sail to learn production stuff.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

I thought Maria did an interview where she talked about going to Full Sail to learn production stuff.

That was shortly after the Corgan lawsuit decision where she said she was leaving wrestling sooner than later, so I don't know why anyone would have taken that to mean "WWE-bound"

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

That was shortly after the Corgan lawsuit decision where she said she was leaving wrestling sooner than later, so I don't know why anyone would have taken that to mean "WWE-bound"

I didn't, I took her to mean she really was gonna retire soon. I dunno if Mike is ready to hang it up, though.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

I really doubt it.

Likewise Drew which really sucks.
Isn't Drew working with some new promotion that got a show on Spike and ITV?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Imagine if Lashley were next

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should do nikki/cena vs. maria/bennett instead of miz/maryse

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DJExile posted:

Bram, Josh, Pope, JJ... uh.... Wolves, EC3, Crazzy Steevvee, Spud, ummm... gail kim?

That's honest to god all I can think of

E: Aron Rex!

Also Abyss and Lashley.

So basically 13 total if Jarrett is willing to wrestle full-time.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Eddie Kingston: Last of a dying breed
Eddie Kingston: Last on a dying brand

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Isn't Drew working with some new promotion that got a show on Spike and ITV?

Drew works a bunch of places but yeah. The UK market has a million moving parts a new "number two" could emerge.

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

Chris James 2 posted:

Imagine if Lashley were next

Lashley is gonna end up with every single title again huh

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

RZApublican posted:

Also Abyss and Lashley.

So basically 13 total if Jarrett is willing to wrestle full-time.

James Storm is still there, somehow. I think Tyrus is too. And loving Moose.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here is a comprehensive list of every American wrestling promotion that became profitable after cutting costs to stop losing money year after year:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
E: I REALLY need to refresh my app before posting

Also loltna

• Locked thread