Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Burt Sexual posted:

Good poo poo for his speech tonight

Donnie wants a unicorn: https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/836748774022262786

Donnie is literally going to say "the time for trivial fights is behind us": https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/836739150489477122

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

Donnie wants a unicorn: https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/836748774022262786

Donnie is literally going to say "the time for trivial fights is behind us": https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/836739150489477122

he's not gonna say any of this if it's more than five minutes into his speech

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

BUG JUG posted:

he's not gonna say any of this if it's more than five minutes into his speech

Michael Gerson posted:

Trump is always caught on the horns of a rhetorical dilemma. When he is extemporaneous, he is incoherent. When he goes from a text, he is very uncomfortable. And so, often, he will slide into a cringe-worthy mix of the two, riffing off things in his remarks as though he has never seen them before.

FIX: What’s the best speech you’ve seen Trump give? The worst?

Gerson: This is honestly not a good question for me to answer. I love well-crafted rhetoric and I have never seen Trump practice it. He seems to believe that whatever is off the top of his head plumbs the depths of any topic. He is the living, riffing embodiment of anti-rhetoric.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.c36637004efa

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Does he realize that increasing funding to the DoD doesn't increase funding to our veterans?

I'm not asking that sarcastically.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
ahahahaha here is the picture of the day

Donnie reading his speech

https://twitter.com/HowardMortman/status/836751698811109376

https://twitter.com/TheFix/status/836752618668109825

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

M_Gargantua posted:

Does he realize that increasing funding to the DoD doesn't increase funding to our veterans?

I'm not asking that sarcastically.

Most of the country doesn't. A lot of people think the VA is part of the military.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
lol dumbasses itt acting like Trump is the first to assign blame for casualties to subordinates. I used to watch O6s stress their promotions via demanding I nudge helicopter icons left or right a few pixels on powerpoints for night raid CONOPs so they had plausible deniability if/when some poo poo went down. It's the flip side of the same spiritual coin i.e. the same military culture we've had for at least a decade: the sloppy presidential remarks are unprecedented (but so is most things with him) but the idea is not new that you're supposed to be perfect while fighting a war, and if something happens let's find the guy who forgot his loving eye pro or pt belt wow it's his fault now let's lie in some valor awards to spin this poo poo into a win.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

There's a big difference between some local shenanigans and the President of the United States doing it on tv.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I don't know, finding someone else to take the blame and then making long winded incoherent speeches sounds very military senior leadership to me

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Isn't that also senior business leadership as well?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Isn't that also senior business leadership as well?

Seems to me you usually see the CEO get canned/resign when poo poo hits the fan.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
How late can trump be before it's news?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Sniffffffff

I really enjoy the shifting from teleprompter to teleprompter.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Can we do a pilot program for this war on drugs thing where a prison is kept drug free for a week first?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I miss seeing Biden over POTUS's right shoulder ;(

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

The GREAT GREAT wall

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Mattis sure looks like he'd rather be anywhere but there.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Also I dunno if Paul Ryan is just reacting to what's going on in the crowd or what but he's leading Pence in standing up for ovations in a way that makes me think of a hungry hooker diving for some dude's dong like it's the last meal ticket of the day or something.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Godholio posted:

Seems to me you usually see the CEO get canned/resign when poo poo hits the fan.

A lot of poo poo has to hit a lot of fans before a C level gets canned.

I've never been in the military, but there's a huge amount of managerial fuckery that translates to the civilian world. Of course, I can quit anytime I want and my boss is unlikely to get my friends killed, but it's idiot leaders and the people who don't do poo poo but look good getting promoted all the way down.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I see the coke sniffles are back again, guess home boy is hitting the uppers for his speech again.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Motorcycle rider here: Harley's don't sell overseas because they're the Humvee of motorcycles. Expensive as poo poo, massive, and not really practical at all.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

FrozenVent posted:

A lot of poo poo has to hit a lot of fans before a C level gets canned.

I've never been in the military, but there's a huge amount of managerial fuckery that translates to the civilian world. Of course, I can quit anytime I want and my boss is unlikely to get my friends killed, but it's idiot leaders and the people who don't do poo poo but look good getting promoted all the way down.

yea, by the time some corporate bigwig has to fall on his sword, theres most likely already been a mass blood sacrifice of low level minions

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

suboptimal posted:

Also I dunno if Paul Ryan is just reacting to what's going on in the crowd or what but he's leading Pence in standing up for ovations in a way that makes me think of a hungry hooker diving for some dude's dong like it's the last meal ticket of the day or something.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Chichevache posted:

Motorcycle rider here: Harley's don't sell overseas because they're the Humvee of motorcycles. Expensive as poo poo, massive, and not really practical at all.

And they use to be gigantic piles of poo poo.

Though I hear they have fixed their quality. Still won't pay money for one though. If I have $25k to spend on a bike, Imma build my own.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Trump always has props. :jerkbag:

Genocide Tendency posted:

And they use to be gigantic piles of poo poo.

Though I hear they have fixed their quality. Still won't pay money for one though. If I have $25k to spend on a bike, Imma build my own.

All the riders in Cycle Asylum (our own motorcycle forum) say that the build quality has improved. They still cost nearly twice as much as a comparable Japanese bike.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Democrats lack spine.
As a species we deserve to die.
Buy Burma Shave.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
We must unify behind the policemen, now what possible reason would all you minorities have to not respect the law and order society? Why is that dog barking so loud?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

bird food bathtub posted:

I see the coke sniffles are back again, guess home boy is hitting the uppers for his speech again.

I'm pretty sure he snorts a line or 2 of ritalin, it's the only way he seems to be able to keep focus for more than 12 second.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Is it normal to have this many human-props at these addresses?

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Jesus Christ this poor woman.

Gotta love the fine tradition of using a military casualty to further your agenda!

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

bengy81 posted:

Gotta love the fine tradition of using a military casualty to further your agenda!

Yeah, that standing ovation felt almost malicious in how long it went.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

And a cold war that defeated... Russia Communism.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Good job Chuck Schumer. Glad I always vote against you.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Speaking of retarded C-levels,

Uber's CEO was caught on camera arguing with an uber driver

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-28/in-video-uber-ceo-argues-with-driver-over-falling-fares

quote:

When Uber Chief Executive Officer Travis Kalanick takes an Uber, he prefers a black car, the high-end service his company introduced in 2010. On this particular night in early February—Super Bowl Sunday—Kalanick is perched in the middle seat, flanked by two female friends. Maroon 5’s “Don’t Wanna Know” plays, and Kalanick shimmies. He clutches his smartphone as the three make awkward conversation. The two women ask when his birthday is, and marvel that he’s a Leo. One of his companions appears to say, somewhat inaudibly, that she’s heard that Uber is having a hard year. Kalanick retorts, “I make sure every year is a hard year.” He continues, “That’s kind of how I roll. I make sure every year is a hard year. If it’s easy I’m not pushing hard enough.”

In December, Uber pulled its self-driving cars off the road in San Francisco after the California Department of Motor Vehicles said they were operating illegally without an autonomous vehicle license. In January, more than 200,000 people uninstalled their accounts, and #DeleteUber trended on Twitter, after the company was accused of undermining a New York taxi union strike protesting President Donald Trump’s refugee ban. On Feb. 2, Kalanick reluctantly left his spot on Trump’s business advisory council to appease the company’s liberal-leaning employees and users—not to mention its many immigrant drivers. On Feb. 19, a former software engineer at Uber wrote a blog post alleging that she had been propositioned for sex by her manager and that when she’d taken the issue to human resources, an HR rep had said that he wouldn’t be punished, in part, because he was a “high performer.” On Feb. 23, Alphabet’s autonomous car company Waymo sued Uber and its self-driving car company Otto, accusing an Uber employee of stealing trade secrets by downloading 14,000 files onto an external hard drive. On Monday, Uber’s head of engineering resigned after the company said it learned that he had faced a sexual harassment complaint at Alphabet, his former employer. He denied the allegations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Edit: :downs:

Godholio fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 1, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

bengy81 posted:

She should have thrown a bucket of blood in his face.

But I'm sure the gigantic pile of money they paid her to be there had a "no being honest" clause.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I mean other than the bit about "RYAN" (which makes me feel like I need a shower) it was an OK speech for Trump.

Which is to say that it's still worse than anything I've seen from a politician in the 35 years I've been alive.

Seriously???

After loving Barack Hussein Obama, this dribbling mass of skin is speaking on our behalf for the rest of the world???

Like I didn't like a lot of the stuff that happened under the Obama administration, but at least the guy had class and could give a speech.

Edit: I hope the Dem response is a big wet fart into the microphone.

Edit 2: I'm not drink enough for this poo poo

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TBeats posted:

Sniffffffff

I really enjoy the shifting from teleprompter to teleprompter.

You haven't read one before obv. It says look left look right you hamburger flipper

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

bengy81 posted:

Edit: I hope the Dem response is a big wet fart into the microphone.

Edit..

Never mind. I can;t post responsibly about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

You haven't read one before obv. It says look left look right you hamburger flipper

Most people I've watched do speeches off of teleprompters like that make it look way, way more natural because they have at least half an inkling of how to orate.

• Locked thread