Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

I'll also ask again if anyone has anything for Settlers 7: Path to a Kingdom.

It's been ages since I played it, but if I recall correctly the campaign is like a super-extended tutorial that teaches you a new building or mechanic with each level and is overall not that tough save for the later parts.

A few things I recall though, that might just be applicable to skirmish and more open-ended maps:

- Technologies get blocked off if someone else researches it before you. This includes tech that is past the initial ones, meaning that you can get hosed for second tier techs unless you snag a first tier one early on. I think there might be alternative entry points for 2nd tier techs, but those obviously cost more.

- On the other hand, trade routes don't get blocked but you have to follow a path (or pay to go "back" on your path and start another one) but aside from a few specific nodes the rewards aren't that great and just leads to a better economy, a few reward chests and maybe a victory point or two if you really invest.

- For the early game, your economy is going to be stone-based. Meaning that until you have prospectors you are going to want to use every stone in a productive manner. Have a look at the strategical map to find the closest quarry and beeline for that poo poo. Stones give you: building materials, prestige monument materials, stone road materials.

- Generally don't build stone roads until you have a very steady stone income or giant surplus, and obviously start with the most trafficked main roads that a lot of settlers use.

- The second most important resource, until you get your own production running, is tools. Once you can make your own they won't be much of an issue, but running out of tools before having the means to make your own means having to buy more for money and that will tie up runners and be a general pain in the rear end.

- Put a storehouse in each new region you get.

- Put constructors in regions with a lot of resources or land that you know you're gonna build a lot in. Building a constructor to make a fishing hut and hunting lodge one region over from your starting region? Not worth it. Putting a constructor in a giant region with 3 mines and space for 4 farms and a fishery? Yes. You can demolish it later if the region is a dead end in terms of being adjacent to other regions with resources.

- You don't have to place buildings so that every workshop tile is available and used, nor do you have to use every workshop tile even if they are available - remember they cost 1 tool per workshop. Having a lodge be only two hunters for a medium forest is fine since they'll run out of animals anyway. Having a farm use only two slots for the grain farms is fine as well, since they need a buttload of space. Space management in general is a pretty big thing.

- With that said, for mines and quarries you DO want to use all the slots since the faster you can pull out ore the sooner you can put one workshop on geologist duty for more sweet stones. In fact unless you need the ore RIGHT NOW it might be worth it to just start with two workshops on mining duty and one on geo duty.

- The game really is about planning ahead and commiting. You get enough starting resources that you can get the first couple of techs/trade routes/soldiers without putting in additional work for them, but eventually you'll have to commit to one path more than the others.

I think these points are mostly correct, but like I said it's been years since I played it. I do recommend doing the entire campaign since you'll get a pretty good feel for it. It's not the most exciting campaign-tutorial I guess, so remember that you can change game speed in one of the corners of the UI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

McCoy Pauley posted:

Anything I should know as I start out in Total War: WARHAMMER? I haven't played any of the Total War series before, and have only a vague familiarity with Warhammer that is not of the 40K variety.

Check out Party Elite's tutorial videos. They give you a good breakdown of the basic combat fundamentals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=playlist

Wrong link!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dQ-y4Xomdw

Afriscipio fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Mar 7, 2017

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Truman Sticks posted:

I haven't played a Sniper Elite game since V2, but I always feel like I'm not playing them right. After your first satisfyingly bone-crunching X-Ray shot at a group of unaware enemies, everybody runs into hiding and you have to advance forward and use things that aren't a sniper rifle. The ratio of sniping to not sniping seems way too low. Am I missing something?
I don't know which one you're playing, but my advice based on 3: pick your position, don't always just take the first shot left to you. There are often sources of sound that camouflage your shots (like AA guns or artillery fire), giving you the time to snipe a couple more enemies. Another good idea is to set up some mines before that first shot, so the enemy is in for some surprise when they come for you.
Finally, don't expect to be able to just get to a higher position and slaughter every Nazi in the vicinity - if you're discovered, take a couple shots then retreat and position yourself to fire at a different angle.

Also 2 is kinda poo poo about this on account of bad map design.

Afriscipio posted:

Check out Party Elite's tutorial videos. They give you a good breakdown of the basic combat fundamentals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=playlist
That's not a functioning link.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Foxhound posted:

It's been ages since I played it, but if I recall correctly the campaign is like a super-extended tutorial that teaches you a new building or mechanic with each level and is overall not that tough save for the later parts.

A few things I recall though, that might just be applicable to skirmish and more open-ended maps:

- Technologies get blocked off if someone else researches it before you. This includes tech that is past the initial ones, meaning that you can get hosed for second tier techs unless you snag a first tier one early on. I think there might be alternative entry points for 2nd tier techs, but those obviously cost more.

- On the other hand, trade routes don't get blocked but you have to follow a path (or pay to go "back" on your path and start another one) but aside from a few specific nodes the rewards aren't that great and just leads to a better economy, a few reward chests and maybe a victory point or two if you really invest.

- For the early game, your economy is going to be stone-based. Meaning that until you have prospectors you are going to want to use every stone in a productive manner. Have a look at the strategical map to find the closest quarry and beeline for that poo poo. Stones give you: building materials, prestige monument materials, stone road materials.

- Generally don't build stone roads until you have a very steady stone income or giant surplus, and obviously start with the most trafficked main roads that a lot of settlers use.

- The second most important resource, until you get your own production running, is tools. Once you can make your own they won't be much of an issue, but running out of tools before having the means to make your own means having to buy more for money and that will tie up runners and be a general pain in the rear end.

- Put a storehouse in each new region you get.

- Put constructors in regions with a lot of resources or land that you know you're gonna build a lot in. Building a constructor to make a fishing hut and hunting lodge one region over from your starting region? Not worth it. Putting a constructor in a giant region with 3 mines and space for 4 farms and a fishery? Yes. You can demolish it later if the region is a dead end in terms of being adjacent to other regions with resources.

- You don't have to place buildings so that every workshop tile is available and used, nor do you have to use every workshop tile even if they are available - remember they cost 1 tool per workshop. Having a lodge be only two hunters for a medium forest is fine since they'll run out of animals anyway. Having a farm use only two slots for the grain farms is fine as well, since they need a buttload of space. Space management in general is a pretty big thing.

- With that said, for mines and quarries you DO want to use all the slots since the faster you can pull out ore the sooner you can put one workshop on geologist duty for more sweet stones. In fact unless you need the ore RIGHT NOW it might be worth it to just start with two workshops on mining duty and one on geo duty.

- The game really is about planning ahead and commiting. You get enough starting resources that you can get the first couple of techs/trade routes/soldiers without putting in additional work for them, but eventually you'll have to commit to one path more than the others.

I think these points are mostly correct, but like I said it's been years since I played it. I do recommend doing the entire campaign since you'll get a pretty good feel for it. It's not the most exciting campaign-tutorial I guess, so remember that you can change game speed in one of the corners of the UI.

Thanks for the advice.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Anything I should know about the PS4 version of Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls (or whatever) edition? Especially all that Paragon tab stuff.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Any tips for Master of Magic?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

MockingQuantum posted:

The biggest one for me was always: Dark Elves are a comically strong choice (Myrran so you have a map with fewer people on it, basic melee units get additional magical ranged attacks so you can whittle down early fights / grind through weaker enemies without a scratch.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

For Witcher 3, I think I chose the opposite option for what I wanted when it comes to the simulate save choice. I thought "do not simulate" meant that it wouldn't automatically choose things for me so that I could decide but looking it up it would seem I Chose Poorly. Is there a way to re-do that without starting a fresh game? I'm not far into the tutorial area so if I have to restart, fine, but I'm hoping for another method.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Apparently there's not a page on the wiki for Tyranny. I just picked it up when it was on sale recently, anything I should know going into it?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Coca Koala posted:

Apparently there's not a page on the wiki for Tyranny. I just picked it up when it was on sale recently, anything I should know going into it?

Decide what kind of person your character is from the start and roleplay them, you'll enjoy the choices more rather than trying to min-max stuff.
Loyalty/Fear aren't a strict positive negative scale. You get stuff for having people and organizations like you OR hate you, so neutrality is the least rewarding place for them to sit mechanically.

Unless you're playing the really hard modes, don't worry too much about what's viable. You can pretty much play whatever you want just like you could in PoE, though you don't have the option to make custom party members, you basically build the ones you get between two trees they each start with unique to each character. Your main character can do whatever you want.

Your whole party gets experience towards their skills when using one, like lockipicking a chest gets everybody some XP in mechanics or whatever.

Oh, and don't skip the little quiz thing during character creation, at least not the first time through. It's basically doing world building that other characters will know your character for.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Mister Macys posted:

Anything I should know about the PS4 version of Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls (or whatever) edition? Especially all that Paragon tab stuff.

You can reset your Paragon tab selections whenever you want, for free, so you don't have to stress that too much. Paragon levels are also shared across all characters, so once you have a few, any alt you start will already be buffed. My main tip would be that movement speed bonuses cap out at +25%, so factor in how much you're getting from gear and talents before piling it all on in Paragon points too.

Also, higher difficulty levels give you more gold and exp, but it isn't worth it if you're constantly dying. Sometimes the better course is to steamroll Torment I instead of slogging through Torment II.

Finally, when you do start an alt, socket the biggest red gem you can find in a weapon, pick a high difficulty level, and level that sucker so fast you won't have time to try out all the new skills you're getting.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Paper Tiger posted:

Finally, when you do start an alt, socket the biggest red gem you can find in a weapon, pick a high difficulty level, and level that sucker so fast you won't have time to try out all the new skills you're getting.

If you want to go into leveling hyper drive, do the newer Hellfire Rings (google the steps) and a Gem of Ease into a legendary weapon to just melt rooms at a time. A bit overkill.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Mister Macys posted:

I don't know if this is still an issue, but you should avoid playing online with randos until you can verify if they fixed the exp glitch. If they haven't, it's possible for you to join a match and watch yourself level up so quickly it's no longer fun. ymmv though.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

MockingQuantum posted:

Wow, you mean the 1994 Microprose game? Dang.

First of all, there are two important things you need to know: it's buggy, and the AI is dumb as dirt. Therefore, your time is really better spent playing a more modern 4X game, like Civ. Even Alpha Centauri is way better, even tough it's old too.

If you're determined to play it anyway: do not cast Magic Vortex or Animate Dead, they are bugged and make the game become unstable and crash eventually. Subversion does nothing. Also the AI pulls gold and mana upkeep out of its rear end, so debuffing its cities and warping its nodes does nothing.

The AI is dumber than a sack of mentally challenged hammers. If he's on the same landmass it poses a small threat, but he's totally incapable of loading units onto boats, so he can be totally ignored if water separates you. (unless he has flyers, but that's rare unless it's Draconians.)

For any city at all, start with Granary, Smithy, Marketplace, Farmer's Market.

Some good races: Halflings grow fast and Slingers are awesome, especially if you give them Mithril. High Men can build every building and Paladins kick rear end, although they take forever to build up the infrastructure. High Elves are the only non-Myrror race that gives you mana. Draconians (found on Myrror) can all fly. Dark Elves (Myrror) gives you tons of mana and can build many powerful units, however they cause huge unrest in conquered non-elf cities. Klackons suck.

White and Black magics are great, Blue is good. Red is limited in what in can do (BURN NUKE BURN) but it does that well. Green is kind of limp. Sky Drakes and Death Knights are the best ultra high end units.

Diplomacy is a joke: the AI will declare war on you eventually. Try to trade for as many spells as you can before that happens. War is eternal, they will never make peace.

There's a high score table. You can get super high scores if you really sperg at it- my record is 109%- but I honestly don't recommend trying for that, it's very spergy and unfun.

To completely break the game: All Life books with Incarnation as the rare. High Elves, all power towards mana production. Cast Incarnation as soon as you hit ~160 mana, give him Heroism and Planar Travel, take him on a world tour. Right out of the gate Torin can beat any neutral city and weak nodes; after a few levels, a few items and a few buff spells, he can beat absolutely anything.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
Serious tip for Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate: Don't feel like you have to stick to the recommended characters in a given battle. Usually these are just characters that have some story significance to the mission, but often just two or even only one of them actually speak up or have stuff to do, and there's not much in-game impact for not playing them. Also it can be hard to keep each character leveled enough to really be able to play the recommended ones the first time through.

Somewhat serious tip for Disgaea 5: You can change the awful music that plays in the base at the Netherworld Records guy at the bottom right.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Gynovore posted:

Wow, you mean the 1994 Microprose game? Dang.

First of all, there are two important things you need to know: it's buggy, and the AI is dumb as dirt. Therefore, your time is really better spent playing a more modern 4X game, like Civ. Even Alpha Centauri is way better, even tough it's old too.

If looking for something like Master of Magic specifically, I've heard both Age of Wonders SM/3 and Conquest of Elysium 4 recommended in that vein, although not having played MoM myself I can't say how accurate that is.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
CoE is very close to the same type of game.

I've always wished for some sort of MMO based on Dominions, where players could eventually work their way up to Pretenders and eventually ascend, starting a new round on the server where players get some sort of persistent bonus.

Maybe I should make that game for mobile, and make it pay to win, retire young.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
I was just about to recommend the Dominions series as sort of a spiritual successor to MoM. The learning curve is vertical, the UI isn't great, and the graphics resemble a shareware game from 1998, but if you can get past all that it's a very good strategy game.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Gynovore posted:

I was just about to recommend the Dominions series as sort of a spiritual successor to MoM. The learning curve is vertical, the UI isn't great, and the graphics resemble a shareware game from 1998, but if you can get past all that it's a very good strategy game.

Conquest of Elysium (by the same devs) is kind of "Dominions Lite" and makes a good gateway drug.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Gynovore posted:

Until you join a multiplayer game and Ermor casts Burden of Time on turn 18.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Lobok posted:

For Witcher 3, I think I chose the opposite option for what I wanted when it comes to the simulate save choice. I thought "do not simulate" meant that it wouldn't automatically choose things for me so that I could decide but looking it up it would seem I Chose Poorly. Is there a way to re-do that without starting a fresh game? I'm not far into the tutorial area so if I have to restart, fine, but I'm hoping for another method.

Sadly I think you are looking at a restart. "Simulate WItcher 2 Save" is the option for people who did not play the other game and want to set their world state, as opposed to importing a save. If you didn't get the option to import and you have a save from the earlier game, it could be in the wrong place. This IGN article has the details on how to fix the file being in the wrong place, but if you didn't have a save and want to specify your choices, you have to restart and choose the other path.

It's a bit tricky to find an authoritative source on what the default choices are, but from what I can tell it amounts to Aryan LaValette is spared, Letho and Sile are dead, you sided with Roche and helped Anais rather than come to Triss' rescue. The practical effects are that you lose out on a cameo, a sidequest, romancing Triss may be harder (cannot say if it's impossible though), the world is a bit more anti-mage and Roche likes you better from the off.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

GhostBoy posted:

Sadly I think you are looking at a restart. "Simulate WItcher 2 Save" is the option for people who did not play the other game and want to set their world state, as opposed to importing a save. If you didn't get the option to import and you have a save from the earlier game, it could be in the wrong place. This IGN article has the details on how to fix the file being in the wrong place, but if you didn't have a save and want to specify your choices, you have to restart and choose the other path.

It's a bit tricky to find an authoritative source on what the default choices are, but from what I can tell it amounts to Aryan LaValette is spared, Letho and Sile are dead, you sided with Roche and helped Anais rather than come to Triss' rescue. The practical effects are that you lose out on a cameo, a sidequest, romancing Triss may be harder (cannot say if it's impossible though), the world is a bit more anti-mage and Roche likes you better from the off.

I ended up restarting and it wasn't that bad because I forgot how much of the first twenty minutes or so are training and tutorials that you can skip, so I got back to where I had left off very quickly. Now to wait until the save simulation options come up and I can do a forums search in this thread for the best choices (they're not in the Wiki).

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Thanks for the Master of Magic tips! I know it's terrible and outdated, but honestly I think a lot of the modern successors look like total rear end and I have a hard time wanting to throw money at them. Not that MoM's pixel art was groundbreaking and amazing, but it has nostalgia going for it.

On another note, any tips for Lakeview Cabin Collection?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

GhostBoy posted:

I'd say it's for people who DID play the earlier game (or watch it I guess), and can't import their save for whatever reason.

If you didn't play Witcher 2, I find it hard to see any reason not to just run default other than one or two quests amongst the flood of stuff to do the game already gives.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I can hardly wait until I actually get past the Witcher 2 tutorial and learn what importing my Witcher 1 save did! And then, you know, play through the game and get to experience what is apparently the best game ever in 3.

Has anyone played Survivalist or Sheltered? I finally started playing Dead State for the first time since beta and it instantly made me want to check out the other CAN U LLAST IN APOCALYPS???? games sitting on my hard drive.

Also, wow, nothing for I Am Alive?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I played 3 without ever playing 1 or 2. It was still awesome.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Lobok posted:

I ended up restarting and it wasn't that bad because I forgot how much of the first twenty minutes or so are training and tutorials that you can skip, so I got back to where I had left off very quickly. Now to wait until the save simulation options come up and I can do a forums search in this thread for the best choices (they're not in the Wiki).

Keep Letho alive, nothing else really matters.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I played 3 without ever playing 1 or 2. It was still awesome.

Witcher? Same.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Keep Letho alive, nothing else really matters.

A million times this. Letho is great. His quest isn't long but its fun doing poo poo with another witcher. Doesn't happen very often in these games.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

World of Final Fantasy: I didn't get how transfiguring mirages really worked until about 20 hours in, so I'll try and sum it up:

Mirages can change into different transfigurations. A goblin can change into a goblin guard or a goblin princess, keeping all stat bonuses and some abilities unlocked across all three boards (white abilities carry over, green ones don't). That same goblin can also change into a red cap or a red captain. Abilities and stat bonuses don't carry over, but level and SP do - if you change a level 20 goblin into a red cap, you get to spend all the SP the goblin accrued in 20 levels on the red cap's boards. This ties in to the mirage's sync rating: 100% sync means you unlocked all nodes on all transfigurations an individual mirage can change into. Basically this means you can have several high level mirages in the same slot in your Prism Case, and you only have to level one of them.

- If you come across a new mirage, and it's a recolor of one you have, chances are the one you have will be able to change into the new one. No need to imprism it unless you really want two.
- This goes the other way around: the new one will be able to change into the old one, in case you missed getting it earlier.
- This is a good way to quickly get mirajewels: transfigure a mirage into its later-game version and see if you can go straight for the jewel with the accrued SP.
- Transfiguring into a mirage unlocks its entry in the manual and the "mirages captured" entry for dungeons.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Mar 3, 2017

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Going to lay down some hot Breath of the Wild tips

- to shield surf, hold your shield up, jump then press A in the air. This is only explained after you do it for the first time.

- similarly, press A just before an enemy attack hits your shield to do a perfect block. It's a generous window and very useful move.

- the world is open but I'd suggest doing the Main Quest up to the first village. Along the way, you'll get an item that makes climbing quicker/easier and a way to increase inventory space, two huge quality of life improvements.

- the final dungeon is accessible from the start and full of great loot if you're patient and careful.

- lift up or blow up any odd/out of place rocks and things like that. You'll get some very useful collectibles.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

- to shield surf, hold your shield up, jump then press A in the air. This is only explained after you do it for the first time.

- similarly, press A just before an enemy attack hits your shield to do a perfect block. It's a generous window and very useful move.

- the world is open but I'd suggest doing the Main Quest up to the first village. Along the way, you'll get an item that makes climbing quicker/easier and a way to increase inventory space, two huge quality of life improvements.

- the final dungeon is accessible from the start and full of great loot if you're patient and careful.

- lift up or blow up any odd/out of place rocks and things like that. You'll get some very useful collectibles.

The Shrine at the back of Kakariko Village will give you some proper training on how to properly dodge and turn them into parrying strikes as well.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Get a horse fairly quickly after the world opens up. It was mentioned a couple times in the streams they did last year, but horses follow roads automatically when you're on them. You set the speed/use boosts and they just follow the path.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Just got Alpha Protocol for PS3 yesterday. Read the wiki but can someone compress it to essential non pistol stuff? Also what bug is it talking about it didn't specify.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

juliuspringle posted:

Just got Alpha Protocol for PS3 yesterday. Read the wiki but can someone compress it to essential non pistol stuff? Also what bug is it talking about it didn't specify.

Oh goodness, I thought someone cleaned that page up. The gist of it is this:

-Stealth and pistols break the game but it's not a difficult game to begin with really
-Manually load your last save instead of the quick load which can break the game's scripting
-Don't try to "win" dialog. The dialog is incredibly flexible and you get bonuses for roleplaying your character, not gaming the system. You can't see everything in one play.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

al-azad posted:

-Don't try to "win" dialog. The dialog is incredibly flexible and you get bonuses for roleplaying your character, not gaming the system. You can't see everything in one play.

Or two plays, or three plays, or four plays ect. The amount of content and different paths they included in that game is ridiculous. I had to look up spoilers to find out things even after my fourth playthrough. From what I read I would have had to play it a few more times to see everything.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

al-azad posted:

Oh goodness, I thought someone cleaned that page up. The gist of it is this:

The pastebin ended up in the steam thread for some reason.

http://pastebin.com/d17YUMw3

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.
I know it's still very new, but has anyone got anything for Torment: Tides of Numenera?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Vidaeus posted:

I know it's still very new, but has anyone got anything for Torment: Tides of Numenera?

I was actually just thinking about that game.

I'm trying to figure out if it's safe to sell oddities. I've read that some can be used if you right click on them, and I assume the remainder can be safely sold.
Edit: I've read that they're the Numenera equivalent to gems in other fantasy games. They can probably be all safely sold.

I've noticed that you can get a point in perception with an item called Ebon Eyes that you get fairly early in the game, so it might be a lower priority skill.

Edit, I think you can buy an implant for an artificial eye that gives you perception also. I'd probably avoid that skill because you can get 2 points in it fairly easily.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Mar 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Xander77 posted:

The pastebin ended up in the steam thread for some reason.

http://pastebin.com/d17YUMw3

As far as I can tell this is more information than is in the current wiki page.

If someone who knows Alpha Protocol better than me (I never played it) thinks this is all necessary, I'll edit the wiki page.