Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

This is a genuinely nice thing. I'm glad they did this. Good job, CIG. :3:

Not empty-quoting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Nicholas posted:

I wonder what the hell these people think "has physics" means. As if physics were something you scoop out of a jar and smear all over your monitor. It's all just a simulation. The developers decide what to model and how accurately depending on level of detail they want to create, the amount of processing power available, and how they'd like the game to 'feel'.

Physics is something you lay on top of the code you have laid on top of your ideas. Easy! I could show you how easy, but NDA. Sorry... :(

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
Feel for that kid. Eight and seventeen you're not supposed to be fighting to live. Props to all involved keeping him happy and distracted.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Galarox posted:

It was. I changed it from How it works: "Computers" to "Star Citizen"

That's rather awesome. It may be the earliest time I came across the concept of a computer. A thing I read when I was 7 or 8 years old is now relevant again.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/125647399?t=21m37s

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

I don't know what's funnier; that twat shoving $15K into a vidya game; or the fact that he's had $15K to shove into a vidya game.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

I don't know what's funnier; that twat shoving $15K into a vidya game; or the fact that he's had $15K to shove into a vidya game.

Going back to the theory that streamers and the like get free or deep discounted ships to !raffle, maybe Mr. 50Shades here is talking out of his rear end about spending $15k? But I have seen his green screen down before and his house looks like a shithole hovel and if he actually spent $15k on a game then loving LOL! Buddy has priority issues like the rest of them.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

mod edit: gently caress that was the size of my whole screen

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 1, 2017

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

I'm guessing you wanted all of us to REALLY see this post.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

DapperDon posted:

It not like anyone ever gets probated in this thread.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

DapperDon posted:

:shrug:

resize it? :effort: It fits Star Citizen to a T(-pose)

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

"I can already do all the stuff in SC that ED fans are fantasizing about."

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Titanic posted:

This is a genuinely nice thing. I'm glad they did this. Good job, CIG. :3:

gently caress cancer. Good on you CIG.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Roflan posted:

It even references Star Citizen when the mission giver says 'with the money you've donated to us, we have produced biowaste'...

Great! Now I have to clean coffee off my monitor...

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Mr.Tophat posted:

Shear vision, where everything tears apart and scope, where everything is a finger squeeze away from misery, be it a purchase of a jpeg or lurching out of space bed.

Hmm… Suda 51 and Kojima should team up with Platinum to kickstart a new Neon Genesis Evangelion game. The full-spectrum hosed-up-ness levels would be off the scale every step of the way.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Tippis posted:

Hmm… Suda 51 and Kojima should team up with Platinum to kickstart a new Neon Genesis Evangelion game. The full-spectrum hosed-up-ness levels would be off the scale every step of the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8q7K6fBPyk

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

No shear vision, no lurching, and no misery. Rejected. :colbert:

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/837084026427015178

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I see Chris is sitting on Sandi's pube-puller-pillow. :yikes:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

i'm sure that ben thinks about british children a lot

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

also lol like 2 weeks of sales and a new ship and barely $2m for the month

can't wait for the summer doldrums :getin:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ash1138 posted:

Nobody's spending money because it all comes in during July/August dontchaknow Europe.txt

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I wonder if he played Elite.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Ash1138 posted:

Nah, when 2.7 drops around Gamescom its gonna be hype overload, amirite?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Quavers posted:

Nah, when 2.7 drops around Gamescom its gonna be hype overload, amirite?

Sheeeiiiiiitttttt! Man it is hype overload NOW! Did you not see how bitchin that new chariot is? So much Z00m and B00m!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

DapperDon posted:

Sheeeiiiiiitttttt! Man it is hype overload NOW! Did you not see how bitchin that new chariot is? So much Z00m and B00m!

Turn and Burn is better and more accurate to Star Citizen!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/GlobalistGulag/status/837100682922586113

https://twitter.com/GlobalistGulag/status/837100844059410432

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Did anyone watch Bugmashers today? It was filmed on 2/3 and he was fixing a bug that affected the developers not gameplay. So much for the issue council. :v:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
So I decided to share my remedy for uninstalling Star Citizen after you uninstall it and find that it's not actually gone.

quote:

God. So that rubbish I had on there with 2.3 or whatever (pre the terms of reference change) is probably still cluttering my ssd. How do I cleanse it of the vile creature?

You need:

1) Garlic cloves (not that powdered rubbish)
2) A 5lb bag of salt
3) Holy water // walk into a church and get some
4) A Silver cross // get one at a thrift store, or buy one at Walmart, then return it after the ceremony
5) A copy of the Bible // preferably the St. James version; none of that fake crap they're selling at Walmart
6) Print this Catholic church approved Excorcism chant.

Steps:

1) Strip down to your undies
2) Hang the garlic around your neck with a string
3) Create a circle of salt in an open space big enough to encircle you and your computer
4) Put the computer in the circle
5) Drop some Holy water on top of the computer case; and a few drops in the middle of your head
6) Put the Bible somewhere in the circle, and the cross on top of it
7) Chant the passage you printed out, at least five times

If all goes well, you can put your clothes back on, reconnect the computer, and then delete the Star Citizen installation folder. Given the size (31+ GB), the room may start to shake as long as the delete dialog is being displayed as it struggles to delete the vile crap from your computer. Try not to panic. Continue chanting during this part if things get hairy.

When the delete dialog is completed, you are ready for the most harrowing part yet.

Take a sip of the Holy water; just to be sure.

Empty the Recycle Bin. This is a complete purge of the vile creature lurking within; so there will be some resistance from the dark forces within. You may even see some of those croberts memes taking longer than normal to be expunged; don't worry about it because right now you are fighting for the very soul of your computer as well as your bank account.

If all goes well, and you didn't bite off your tongue during this ordeal, you're in the clear.

Go get a refund.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I really want to know what this guy is smoking

Also love the 3rd from the end of Ben enjoying Crobberts farts from the isolation chamber

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

So I decided to share my remedy for uninstalling Star Citizen after you uninstall it and find that it's not actually gone.

You need:

2) A 5lb bag of salt
4) A Silver cross // get one at a thrift store, or buy one at Walmart, then return it after the ceremony
5) A copy of the Bible // preferably the St. James version; none of that fake crap they're selling at Walmart

Steps:

3) Create a circle of salt in an open space big enough to encircle you and your computer
5) Drop some Holy water on top of the computer case; and a few drops in the middle of your head

If all goes well, you can put your clothes back on, reconnect the computer, and then delete the Star Citizen installation folder. Given the size (31+ GB), the room may start to shake as long as the delete dialog is being displayed as it struggles to delete the vile crap from your computer. Try not to panic. Continue chanting during this part if things get hairy.

When the delete dialog is completed, you are ready for the most harrowing part yet.

Empty the Recycle Bin. This is a complete purge of the vile creature lurking within; so there will be some resistance from the dark forces within. You may even see some of those croberts memes taking longer than normal to be expunged; don't worry about it because right now you are fighting for the very soul of your computer as well as your bank account.

If all goes well, and you didn't bite off your tongue during this ordeal, you're in the clear.

Go get a refund.

Excuse me, but is there a requirement of it being Kosher salt? And if no, does it have to be iodized or non iodized salt?

E: Lucky Tax

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 2, 2017

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

This is the only funny part of the Dzunner gimmick. The shittiest troll calling in the goon mod to delete posts must really chap citizen's asses.

That tweet chain... So it really was about ethics in games journalism. I'm glad he was on the case of the SJW plot to kill Total Biscuit.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

D_Smart posted:

You need:

2) A 5lb bag of salt

Steps:

Go get a refund.

:golfclap:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Tokamak posted:

This is the only funny part of the Dzunner gimmick. The shittiest troll calling in the goon mod to delete posts must really chap citizen's asses.

That tweet chain... So it really was about ethics in games journalism. I'm glad he was on the case of the SJW plot to kill Total Biscuit.
i thought literal karma cancer was trying to kill totalbiscuit

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen : Buk'ed Up

Also, its already March, is 3.0 out yet? Looks like Elite is going places.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

jesus. Chris Roberts only cures blindness.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Gradis posted:

jesus. Chris Roberts only cures blindness.

I'm not clicking the brochure pics but is it just that- a brochure, as in something to encourage you to buy? Instead of gifting a ship like they do to actual streamers? :doh:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I'm not clicking the brochure pics but is it just that- a brochure, as in something to encourage you to buy? Instead of gifting a ship like they do to actual streamers? :doh:

The kid is supposed to be in the hospital for six weeks. If he tries to download the game there it'll somehow shut off every ventilator and incubator in the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I dont know im not a doctor or healer.