Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Leonard Asper, a staggeringly stupid man who drove Canwest into the ground, just wants cheap content out of TNA.

http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/n...ld-media-empire

E: replace Canwest with Impact in this article:
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/re...service=mobile/

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Lumbermouth posted:

...did TNA book Jade's abuser again?

Remains to be seen. But he is cheap and local.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rovert posted:

No way.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

rovert posted:

Jesus Christ

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

dsriggs posted:

Oh, well it's nice that you finally realised that peop-

Stop whining and let Rovert post

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/thecubsfan/status/836972624676794372

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

:stare:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Eddie Kingston is probably next

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Aron Rex posted:

Impact Wrestling's management has done what a few people were scared to do -- give me a microphone on live TV. Now I am not going to stand out here and talk about glass ceilings and brass rings and any other kind of cliche. I am going to do what I always have done and that is come out here and tell the truth. I am going to speak with full disclosure and for those that used to employ me -- don't worry, because this is not about you. This is about something near and dear to my heart, something that I've always put first and foremost in my career: the paying customer, the supporter of professional wrestling, the fans. Over the course of the past five years, me having this philosophy, some people have labeled me too entertaining to receive opportunities to compete for world titles. But remember this, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart, no matter what any majority shareholder, CEO, or authority figure may want you to believe, anyone who has ever set foot in any ring has always worked directly for all of you.

So, Impact, here we are.

Let's talk about opportunity. Now, there are some that are preordained to receive opportunity after opportunity after opportunity and in the process not only is your intelligence insulted but your opinions are thrown out the window. There are others that on an even playing field seize opportunity. Right here on Impact Wrestling, right here in TNA, this is the proving ground where a talent can pass or fail, succeed or not succeed, based on talent alone.

Do we really need proof? I'll give you proof: EC3, Drew Galloway, Bobby Lashley, I mean there's even a guy called Brother Nero that I hear everybody talking about but I haven't met him but he sounds pretty good. You get my point.

When I first came here there was a graphic that said 'he's doing it his way.' This is my way: even playing field, take and sieze opportunity, exercise and realize my full potential. ... But mark my words, my way is simply proving it here. And my way is not only going to change the landscape but is going to change the very template of our industry. And for those of you that know me personally you know I'm telling the truth.

I've been called many names over the years. I'm going to keep it real with you guys -- my name is Aron and as of right now, as of this second, Aron Rex's new home is Impact Wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
TNA and Lucha Underground really need to have a cage match to determine which is the scummier promotion no one watches.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My name is Aron and as of right now, as of this second, I have no other options.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

TNA and Lucha Underground really need to have a cage match to determine which is the scummier promotion no one watches.

CaptainYesterday vs StarkRavingMad in a posts count anywhere match

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Not a rib.
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/837024882756096012

You know

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

On air ahahahaha

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil
so who ends up with the word title first, Aron Rex or Rockstar Spud

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Serious question, was the timing of this podcast a coincidence https://twitter.com/MLW/status/836984045724557312

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
The one bright spot about Jade leaving is this almost certainly means Allie and Rosemary will feud on TV now. That will be fun.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

OctoberCountry posted:

CaptainYesterday vs StarkRavingMad in a posts count anywhere match

*watches intently from the rafters*

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

TNATROLL16 hours ago

Talon, I love the layout of Impact Asylum. This is going to definitely be an interesting set of tapings and hopefully they can bring in some new talent. The other day, I was in a store and the Final Countdown was playing. During the chorus, I started singing it’s the Final Deletion really loud and my girlfriend acted like she didn’t know me.

The Final Deletion: (parody to the Final Countdown by Europe)
Brother Nero, I knew you’d come 
To where it all began in Cameron
To delete someone, it takes a lot of fuel 
And then you turn them into an obsolete mule
Senor Benjamin is much more than a landscaper
Preparing the battlefield for massacre
And deletion is the only cure
It's the final deletion, the final deletion, Oh

An extraordinary birthday xylophone 
King Maxel sits on the House Hardy throne
A dilapidated boat and Vanguard 1’s hologram
Matt won control of the Hardy brand
Can his brilliance ever be broken?
Changing his accent with every word that is spoken
The seven deities have now been awakened
It's the final deletion, the final deletion, the final deletion, the final deletion, Oh

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Well look at what pwinsider reported today.

"There have been rumblings of interest in former ROH star Donovan Dijak"

As for his twitter denial yesterday, wrestlers are notorious for denying things on twitter.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Roque11 posted:

Well look at what pwinsider reported today.

"There have been rumblings of interest in former ROH star Donovan Dijak"

As for his twitter denial yesterday, wrestlers are notorious for denying things on twitter.

I have an interest in Kate Upton. That doesn't mean she wants to be with me.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I think something that always crosses my mind is how loyal a guy like Abyss is to all of this.

I'm guessing his age plays a big role in this or maybe he is just brain dead.

His black hole slam is one of the coolest finishers imo but it's crazy this guy is still in TNA.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i think the Abyss thing was partly that nobody else really wanted him. he's not that big a guy and there isn't much he'd add anywhere better

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

flashy_mcflash posted:

On air ahahahaha

Rev Affection?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WWE wanted him at one point but he stayed.

At this point I doubt he could pass a physical even if they wanted him

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
There's literally no reason for WWE to want Abyss. He's not good in the ring, he's old, he's not in good shape, they can't/won't use his history of tacks/glass/barbed wire etc to get him over as a monster, there are no dream matches he's a part of, and he doesn't have either the name recognition from the casual fans or the indy cred from the smart fans. There's literally no feud they could put him in that wouldn't be better with Braun Strowman instead (and I really don't like Strowman very much).

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

There's literally no reason for WWE to want Abyss. He's not good in the ring, he's old,

Goldberg is main eventing a wwe ppv in 4 days

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I thought Billy Corgan left the promotion, but now there's fuckin' three of him.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

bradzilla posted:

SPEAR

JACKHAMMER

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

bradzilla posted:

hmm maybe check out the 4 reasons you didn't quote

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I can't decide if Abyss is Dime Store Mankind or Dime Store Kane

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Benne posted:

Why not both?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Benne posted:

He's a half baked fusion of both.

Now Joseph Park on the other hand, there's someone WWE should snatch up the first chance they get.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Rhonne posted:

He's a half baked fusion of both.

Now Joseph Park on the other hand, there's someone WWE should snatch up the first chance they get.

Well, he was last seen at the Hardy compound, so maybe he'll come in as part of the rumored Hardy deal.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

remember when people were actually pretty hot on ec3

i've not seen anyone mention him or anything he's done in like a full year

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

VileLL posted:

Looks like SOMEBODY forgot about his horrific bachne from the last PPV.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VileLL posted:

There was the time TNA pulled him from.bookings so he could shoot an Amazing Race entry tape that went nowhere

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Since Swagger's leaving WWE I could see TNA giving him the world title

If nothing else it would be hilarious.

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Since Swagger's leaving WWE I could see TNA giving him the world title

If nothing else it would be hilarious.

Lashley Vs Swagger in a battle of former ECW champions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Drew basically confirms they waited until the last minute to make an offer, but it was for great money and a top position.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/108060/drew-galloway-explains-why-he-left-tna.html?p=1

• Locked thread