Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
GSP's gonna lose and then it's Bisping vs. McGregor in a match that will burn the UK to the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Marching Powder posted:

If I was yoel / Jacare I wouldn't give a poo poo. If GSP wins I get to fight a welterweight for stupid cash. If Bisping wins I still get to fight Bisping whose stock has sky-rocketed.

I'd be wanting to get a title shot ASAP because MMA is very much "What have you done for me lately", they don't get paid not to fight, and there's not guarantee that the UFC won't come up with another gimmick fight for whoever the champ is later.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Patrick Spens posted:

I'd be wanting to get a title shot ASAP because MMA is very much "What have you done for me lately", they don't get paid not to fight, and there's not guarantee that the UFC won't come up with another gimmick fight for whoever the champ is later.

Isn't that what he's saying? Absent of any miracle that would let either one of them will themselves into the title fight that GSP just got ASAP means "after GSP". He's just saying that GSP skipping the line isn't the worst thing that could happen to either of them. At this point anyway.......which I guess is what you're saying.

Skip my posts.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Isn't that what he's saying? Absent of any miracle that would let either one of them will themselves into the title fight that GSP just got ASAP means "after GSP". He's just saying that GSP skipping the line isn't the worst thing that could happen to either of them. At this point anyway.

No he's saying that they should be pissed because who knows what will happen in the division next. GSP could win and retire, and Bisping could be out with an eye injury, and then the vacant title will go to the winner of Kurt Angle and two bonobos standing on each other's shoulders in a trenchcoat, because that would get more buys.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I feel like the ufc has kind of given up all pretense of title matchups being sporting events instead of blatant business decisions, which sucks imo

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Yeah that's actually much more likely these days so I will agree they shouldn't be happy about this.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Bluedeanie posted:

I feel like the ufc has kind of given up all pretense of title matchups being sporting events instead of blatant business decisions, which sucks imo

Pretty much. They have a big loan to payback and brazillian champions aren't going to bring in the PPVs.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

I mean people have said that since the beginning but if there was ever a time when it was pretty much true its now

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I'm sure Dana flipped out when he saw the latest Embedded starting with Khabib walking into a Surgery Centre in Nevada.

Khabib's reaction to the magician at the end is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbHR7GfBCpg

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 1, 2017

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Michael Bisping: https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=VqhZm_Tq7bw

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

these lines are more blurred than ever and I look forward to gorgeous st. pierre defeating count the micheal bisp ing via camel clutch

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Thanks Ronnie.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Wangsbig posted:

these lines are more blurred than ever and I look forward to gorgeous st. pierre defeating count the micheal bisp ing via camel clutch

i will ehhh...make you humble

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Ufc 214: bisping vs marquardt

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

oi they should call him bloody PSP cos he hasn't been relevant since 2006

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

CommonShore posted:

No he's saying that they should be pissed because who knows what will happen in the division next. GSP could win and retire, and Bisping could be out with an eye injury, and then the vacant title will go to the winner of Kurt Angle and two bonobos standing on each other's shoulders in a trenchcoat, because that would get more buys.

Yeah, that.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I wish GSP luck against the toughest opponent of his career, Michael Bisping.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Kurt Angle and two bonobos standing on each other's shoulders in a trenchcoat, because that would get more buys.

Kurt Angle clearly has experience on his side and is the better man on the ground, but if the bonobos can keep the fight standing then it is truly anyone's game

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
now michael bisping faces his toughest challenge: not saying the illegal f word in the buildup to his most visible fight

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
my beautiful boy did it

he surgeried his way into ducking romero

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Theres no way even if he wins gsp fights a monster like romero right?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Triticum Guzzler posted:

now michael bisping faces his toughest challenge: not saying the illegal f word in the buildup to his most visible fight

lol

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

The weirdest thing to me is, if GSP wasn't lying and he really walks around under 190, is he planning to bulk up a bunch to cut to 185? If so, he's probably putting 170 out of reach for the foreseeable future, meaning he's signing up to be undersized in perpetuity. Seems like fucken strange decisionmaking

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

DeimosRising posted:

The weirdest thing to me is, if GSP wasn't lying and he really walks around under 190, is he planning to bulk up a bunch to cut to 185? If so, he's probably putting 170 out of reach for the foreseeable future, meaning he's signing up to be undersized in perpetuity. Seems like fucken strange decisionmaking

Do you think Bisping could be his toughest opponent to date?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

DeimosRising posted:

he's not fighting luke rockhold dude, he's gonna cherrypick fights with other has-beens or fat welterweights.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
lol this keeps getting sillier

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Georges is going to beat him. Dan Henderson beat him and Dan Henderson is an old man with no back. Georges is a younger man with a good back.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Georges is a younger man with a good back.

Given GSP'S layoff and many injuries, that is baseless

E: unless you mean his booty, which isntrue

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

1st AD posted:

he's not fighting luke rockhold dude, he's gonna cherrypick fights with other has-beens or fat welterweights.

The rematch you've all been waiting for: GSP vs. Hendricks 2 for the middleweight title!

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Commentary for 209 will be Anik, Rogan, and Dominick Cruz

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Im impressed by Bisping's ability to keep getting easier money fights and not have to fight the top guys in the division

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Gsp vs conor has to happen right?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Conor's retired.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Rigel posted:

Commentary for 209 will be Anik, Rogan, and Dominick Cruz

This is cool. I've been slowly working my way through Rogan's podcast with Cruz and it's really interesting.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

Conor's retired.

hes pregnant and protecting himself from stress by talking up a fight with mayweather

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Intel&Sebastian posted:

GSP's gonna lose and then it's Bisping vs. McGregor in a match that will burn the UK to the ground.

Conors not from the UK.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Anyone get the fight pass survey?

One of the potential ideas they are asking if we would find interesting.

"“Lose and You’re Out” match-ups among fighters that are in the UFC, but with multiple consecutive losses; the winner keeps his/her UFC contract but the loser is cut from the UFC"

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Southpaugh posted:

Conors not from the UK.

hes also out until september so who cares

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

threeagainstfour posted:

"“Lose and You’re Out” match-ups among fighters that are in the UFC, but with multiple consecutive losses; the winner keeps his/her UFC contract but the loser is cut from the UFC"

They've always had those, so what now Buffer's just going to say it's a loser leaves town match when introducing the fighters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

threeagainstfour posted:

they've been doing this forever though

• Locked thread