Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:shibe: Welcome to the Something Awful Top Dog Tournament! :cheerdoge:

The Something Awful Top Dog Tournament is a competition to determine the top dog across this whole forum. Think you know a pooch who's up for the task? Nominate a dog, win the subforum round, and take on the top dogs from subforums across SA!

How does it work? :eng101:

The three stages of the Top Dog Tournament are:
1) Subforum Nomination - Each participating subforum has a nomination thread for posters to nominate potential Top Dogs
2) Subforum Voting - Each subforum votes to determine the champion that will represent them in the forumwide vote
3) Forumwide Voting - The champions from every subforum go head to head to determine the Top Dog of the Tournament

This thread is Stage 1: Subforum Nomination

To nominate a dog for the tournament, please post ONCE AND ONLY ONCE in this thread in the following format:
  • Dog name
  • One sentence about why this dog is a good dog
  • Picture of dog

An example of a properly formatted nomination post is as follows:

quote:

Otis

Otis is a good dog because he once ate an entire loaf of pumpkin bread and pooped bright orange for two days

Nominations will be open until at least Wednesday, March 1. Polls for subforum voting will open shortly after.

Questions and Answers
  • Do I have to post my own dog?
    No! Post any dog you like.

• Can I nominate more than one dog?
    No! Please nominate only one dog and choose one subforum to nominate in.

• Does the dog I nominate have to be a real dog?
    Nope! Paintings, cartoons, doodles, ASCII art, it's all fine. The only condition is that the dog must be Good.

• Can I vote in subforums I don't actively participate in?
    Definitely! Please visit all the participating subforums so you don't miss any dogs.

• Where can I talk about the dogs that I like and dislike?
    The voting threads are a great place to talk about the dogs you like! Please only post nominations in the nomination thread.

It is illegal to dislike any dogs

• Won't the big subforums crowd out the little ones during the final vote?
    Who knows and who cares!

• Who should I talk to if I have questions?
    The mod of each subforum is a good place to start. You can also ask tournament organizer pig slut lisa any questions or post in QCS.

• Who's a good boy?
    All of them :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

"The Big Dog" Roman Reigns

He's a 3 time world heavyweight champion, a 7 time slammy award winner, and look at that beautiful head of hair. Bow wow!

oatgan fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 25, 2017

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

'Stone Pitbull' Tomohiro Ishii

4-time NEVER Openweight Champion, part of the IWGP Tag Team Champions, he will chop your chest into little pieces and give you a brainbuster off the top rope without breaking a sweat.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Rick "The Dog Faced Gremlin" Steiner

A 12 time World Tag Team Champion was also in a 5 Star Match with Scott Steiner, Sting, and Brian Pillman vs. Ric Flair, Larry Zbyszko, Barry Windham and Sid Vicious in a WarGames match at WrestleWar

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Pepper

Pepper is Al Snows best friend, and was dog napped by his rival The Big Boss Man. After a title fight between the two, Boss Man felt sorry about Snow's plight and invited him back to his hotel and cooked him a home made meal to show his sympathy.

Cool Post Beg fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 26, 2017

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Ill throw my dog into the ring.
His name is Chupacabra or Chupy for short. Hes a german shepard puppy that is slowly learning the way of the world

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

wolf is a type of dog

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
The late Asparagus

Daniel Bryan's labrador, former US Champion, a Good Dog

:rip:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

e: nvr mind

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nominations will be closing soon if you want to put a dog (canine or otherwise) up for the vote, I'll throw in this one:

Matilda

Matilda is a bulldog so she immediately and instantly owns, also she was once kidnapped by the Islanders and took it all in stride which means she's tougher and cooler than me because I'd be terrified if Haku kidnapped me.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Bubby

Bubby is a good boy because even though he's deaf he doesn't let his disability get in the way of his hobbies, which include eating rabbit poop, being a good boy, and scratching his back on the carpet.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bubbles

Bubbles turns one on Monday. She's a rescue dog. Her mom was pregnant and left to roam free. The rescue took her in after her mom gave birth to the three puppies in someone's backyard.
She's a collie/terrier mix who enjoys watching A-Show Smackdown with her pops, eating anything she can reach like a true goon and taking 20 minutes to find a spot to use the bathroom.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 2, 2017

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Junk Yard Dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbqBigPaTIQ

G R A B T H E M C A K E S

quote:

"I've never seen anyone who over was like Junkyard Dog in his prime," said Buddy Landel, who largely took care of the Dog during his glory years. "I was never around Hogan in his prime, but I was around Ric Flair in his peak and he was never over like JYD. I never heard a pop in wrestling like when he came out at the Superdome."

quote:

[E]arly in 1980, Watts made what was actually considered a revolutionary decision within pro wrestling at the time to make him the unquestioned and unbeatable top babyface star of the promotion, a black Bruno Sammartino, figuring the two states he was promoting in, Louisiana and Mississippi, were heavily black, at the time the blacks loved pro wrestling and would believe in pro wrestling if he gave them a star and style of product they could believe in. Other promoters from around the country thought he was nuts, with the belief that white fans would never support a pro wrestling show where the top babyface of the company was black. The wheelbarrow was dumped, replaced with a dog collar, and added to the mix was the entrance music, and you have to remember that entrance music was revolutionary in the business at that time and its importance can't be overstated, "Another one bites the dust," which became synonymous in that part of the country to Junkyard Dog for the next few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nominations are closed, voting is now open

• Locked thread