Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I wish Costco delivered hotdogs. :smith:

http://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/CatalogSearch?storeId=11301&catalogId=11701&langId=-1&keyword=hot+dog

Some assembly required. (my inner fattie really wants to buy that 10 pound can of "Hot Dog Chili Sauce w/ Beef")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
I purchased a 2'x3' print of a photo I took on canvass and it came out nice from costco thats my story about costco.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Roki B posted:

I purchased a 2'x3' print of a photo I took on canvass and it came out nice from costco thats my story about costco.

Piled high: http://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/Willy-Dog-Hummer-Hot-Dog-Cart-with-Umbrella%2c-Stainless-Steel.product.100285008.html

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

omg i could become dooby

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Gas chat:

Having a gas station increases non gas sales at the given warehouse by 10 percent. People gas up, go get an ice cream and walk out with a loving self massager or whatever.

All gas sold in most markets needs detergents added to stop poo poo from building up in your engine and killing fuel economy/ the environment/ your car. There is a required amount set by the EPA or some other commie organization and Costco gas has 5x the lowest allowable level of said detergents. It's basically equivalent to SHELL VPOWER branded gasoline that's a lot more expensive.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
a friend of mine will only get gas at shell because he thinks v power is going to improve the value of his german automobile

at least shell has that kroger rewards program though so it is always 10 cents off for me

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I looked up a question about regular vs premium from the guys from Car Talk on NPR and they basically laughed at it. They said that it's only for very specific purposes, if that, and otherwise it is 100% unnecessary.

I think my Costco only has regular and diesel.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I looked up a question about regular vs premium from the guys from Car Talk on NPR and they basically laughed at it. They said that it's only for very specific purposes, if that, and otherwise it is 100% unnecessary.

I think my Costco only has regular and diesel.

??? Fuel octane certainly matters in high performance cars.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
you use the kind of gas the owners manual calls for. in higher end cars the engine may require premium. sometimes it is just a recommendation however. if your engine isnt designed for high octane then there is zero benefit afaik.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

500 good dogs posted:

??? Fuel octane certainly matters in high performance cars.

Yeah, so for specific purposes. Unless you're racing it shouldn't matter. If you are using your high performance car to fly to your office job then I guess you can spend more.

I don't know anything about this but the Car Talk guy(s) do so I'll just take their word for it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

thathonkey posted:

you use the kind of gas the owners manual calls for. in higher end cars the engine may require premium. sometimes it is just a recommendation however. if your engine isnt designed for high octane then there is zero benefit afaik.

This. Also most manuals just say "unleaded". Not regular or premium or anything. Just not diesel or jet fuel. That's probably bad.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Yeah, so for specific purposes. Unless you're racing it shouldn't matter. If you are using your high performance car to fly to your office job then I guess you can spend more.

I don't know anything about this but the Car Talk guy(s) do so I'll just take their word for it.

Nah, if you have a turbocharged or supercharged car (in before :goonsay: "you could've just said supercharged") unless it's a car designed to be cheap you probably need to run 91 or 92 at a minimum all the time (even non high performance cars). But the manual will say that, and the fuel door will probably too.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I guess it's basically a "I will never be able to afford a car that requires premium" type thing so it's out of my realm.

naem
May 29, 2011

A lot of small affordable cars are getting 4 cylinder turbocharged engines lately, I know Honda is. I hope the new engines are as reliable

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lately? 1.8T anyone?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

thathonkey posted:

lately? 1.8T anyone?

The 2 liter 4 bangers are the pinnacle of efficiency. They put turbochargers on them because 100-150hp is slow now (and modern safety equipment means cars are heavy now) and EPA testing doesn't really get it into the RPM range where turbochargers use up all of your gas so they score higher fuel efficiency numbers but when people drive them they put their foot down all the tone and get worse efficiency.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i like being able to turn on my a/c in the summer without taking like a 33% hit in power

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

500 good dogs posted:

The 2 liter 4 bangers are the pinnacle of efficiency. They put turbochargers on them because 100-150hp is slow now (and modern safety equipment means cars are heavy now) and EPA testing doesn't really get it into the RPM range where turbochargers use up all of your gas so they score higher fuel efficiency numbers but when people drive them they put their foot down all the tone and get worse efficiency.

The EPA and its european equivalent(s) are currently developing new testing methodologies that are pretty much expected to end turbo chargers on anything but high performance cars or certain vehicles that have different mpg requirements.

Uhm... Kirkland protein bars are great and cheap.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

EoRaptor posted:

The EPA and its european equivalent(s) are currently developing new testing methodologies that are pretty much expected to end turbo chargers on anything but high performance cars or certain vehicles that have different mpg requirements.

If Trump allows the EPA to continue operating lmao

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

EoRaptor posted:

They have really good protein shakes too. I always have some on hand now for when I decide to change my lifestyle for a month before it all comes crashing down again.

They taste good too and have like 30g of protein.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

I guess it's basically a "I will never be able to afford a car that requires premium" type thing so it's out of my realm.

I dunno I just picked up a 95 Lexus SC300 for 6gs, and it requires premium.
Yes I am an old white man but this car also has a 5 speed manual transmission so it is a 'cool' Lexus.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

KakerMix posted:

I dunno I just picked up a 95 Lexus SC300 for 6gs, and it requires premium.
Yes I am an old white man but this car also has a 5 speed manual transmission so it is a 'cool' Lexus.

The SC's are the only Lexus I would own, although it's getting hard to find one that's not all hosed up. My old Northstar Eldorado ETC took premium as well.(I am also an old white man)

To contribute to this octane derail, pretty much all later-model cars have knock sensors these days, so if your vehicle calls for premium and you don't use it, you generally won't hear it knocking and pinging like the old days, although it'll be somewhat down on power and fuel economy.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Both my motorcycles require premium.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I put super in my turbo car at Costco and it's cheaper than buying regular elsewhere.

It can take regular but it detunes the engine by 10 or 15 HP or some weak rear end poo poo.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I mean I have a Costco membership and def. look down on anyone without one and I will also look down on anyone that doesn't have a car that requires ~premium~

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Costco has the best loving churros!

insularis
Sep 21, 2002

Donated $20. Get well, Lowtax.
Fun Shoe
I use premium in my 3.6L V6 truck, because it's direct injection with an ECU map that can take advantage of premium, and I need to idle it sometimes.

It's either use premium all the time, or use a 12 dollar bottle of engine cleaner every few thousand miles. Price wise, it's a wash, and more convenient to just use premium while prices are reasonable. I also get 2mpg better fuel economy with premium.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Costco is raising their membership price $5, boys. Get your poop wipin socks while you can.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Smeed posted:

Costco is raising their membership price $5, boys. Get your poop wipin socks while you can.

$5 for Gold Star, $10 for Executive

Not mine though...Free membership :smug:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I went to Costco yesterday. It was kinda busy but the registers weren't too bad. I got a churro before leaving.

Well that's my story thanks for reading please be sure to like comment and subscribe.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

poo poo I didn't know they had churros. churros are awesome. I don't even know if I have a Costco card because my wife handles that poo poo

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

I got a giant bottle of tequila, thin crust pepperoni, 8 LED light bulbs, steak, asparagus, and a jug of Simple Green that should last about 3 years.

The lady behind me had... one canister of coffee. And she was complaining about the lines. Just loving go to Safeway at that point.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

bucksmash posted:

The lady behind me had... one canister of coffee. And she was complaining about the lines. Just loving go to Safeway at that point.

I see this waaay too often.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

bucksmash posted:

I got a giant bottle of tequila, thin crust pepperoni, 8 LED light bulbs, steak, asparagus, and a jug of Simple Green that should last about 3 years.

Ehhh, I've gone for a few items but mostly there just being one thing i really needed (like replacement showerhead and might as well pickup a can of nuts or something on my way out). it's nice when people just let you infront and I do the same if i see people just holding an item or two :3:. Safeway's lines is almost just as bad as Costco b/c my store refuses to higher more than 1 cashier and fix the 6/8 self-checkouts that are constantly broken.

1 can of coffee is lol though.

Their renovating the Costco Gas here so it's a major mess. and i showed up at like 9:15 before the doors were open and the gas thing was a clusterfuck with line extending out into the street and around the corner. whatever, company will pay for gas so I'll just go to a more expensive station later. I'm glad i showed up just before the doors opened tho because by the time i left at 10 the whole parking lot from corner to corner was packed and ton of cars waiting in isles.

bought my dog a dogbed that he's not using, corned beef for st pattys day, a shitton of cheeses, giant bag of blueberrys/sweet potatos/garlic/onions, muffins/croissants and some other stuff. I forgot to grab a new pair of work gloves so i'll probably just go to Lowes later. always forget something :|

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I don't go to Costco to shop I go there to find a moment's peace so I can weep openly i find it very cathartic.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
^^^ Whoever the hell that guy is in your avatars makes me laugh every time. I liked the pork cracklin's one.

Smeed posted:

gently caress! I'll have to get gas like 2 more times to pay for that criminal increase. :mad:

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

cat really digs the costco brand cat food i got him

even kitties love costco

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
What's the hot new poo poo from costco these days

Im going tomorrow and want some tips

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Chicken melts are yummy. Chicken bakes are also yummy however the frozen ones are inferior to the ones in the food court. The mochi ice cream thingies are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

What's the hot new poo poo from costco these days

Im going tomorrow and want some tips

Levi's 514 jeans that for some reason fit all baggy when you get home, and that one grey Calvin Kline®™© wool peacoat that they have 700 of (all size medium)