Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Griffball posted:

Has Hard fixed his game yet?

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Griffball posted:

The more he fixes it, the more broken it becomes.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Griffball posted:

No, I can tell by sitting here trying to rejoin a ranked match, but it just says "searching for opponent" instead of connecting me to the game that is already running, while being put in the group that is playing.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i don't really play ash that much but she was the first operator to let me ace on the new map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnlE7FamqwU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Not fixing anything, working on new op http://imgur.com/gallery/hJF05

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Hard posted:

Christ almighty, PLEASE tell me this was part of an actual operation, and not some bizarre training/trial op! :D

Griffball
Sep 6, 2010

Hard posted:

You guys are running out of ideas for operators huh?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hard if I wanted to play a medieval version of Siege I'd just...

No, nevermind, make a medieval version of Siege.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Orv posted:

Can't wait to play Fuze with a lumber axe, a hilariously oversized polearm, and a micro-trebuchet that can launch 5 javelinas into enemy encampment.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Guys I think they're outside this wall CLANK CLONK CLANK CLANK

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

Guys I think they're outside this wall CLANK CLONK CLANK CLANK

Speaking of, I'm surprised there isn't some form of decoy grenade or drone or something.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

Speaking of, I'm surprised there isn't some form of decoy grenade or drone or something.
What do you think random teammates are for?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Orv posted:

The very picture used by our creative director to pitch the game to the executive board was a depiction of a medieval Siege.

It was shown at one point during one a dev panel at the Invitational.

I'd also gently caress with a Siege/For Honor hybrid.

Griffball posted:

You guys are running out of ideas for operators huh?

I don't think this will ever be possible.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Hard posted:

Still waiting on the stepladder operator who can go up through hatches.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

slap me and kiss me posted:

Still waiting on the stepladder operator who can go up through hatches.
*With Russian accent, holding cluster charge gadget* Are you me?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hard posted:

The very picture used by our creative director to pitch the game to the executive board was a depiction of a medieval Siege.

It was shown at one point during one a dev panel at the Invitational.

I'd also gently caress with a Siege/For Honor hybrid.

I think giving everyone a single shot/low reload crossbow and then decently refined Chivalry combat in rooms the size of SIege's would be real cool.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Even a operator with a gadget mean to mess with people above them would be good.
Since everyone gets combined with Ash maybe a Fuze Ash that shoots a thing that pops into three mini gernades when it hits a wall

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Even a operator with a gadget mean to mess with people above them would be good.
Since everyone gets combined with Ash maybe a Fuze Ash that shoots a thing that pops into three mini gernades when it hits a wall
Think big, Fuze Blitz.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Think big, Fuze Blitz.

:five:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

From reddit:

http://i.imgur.com/oWZs5eo.gifv

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
I'm surprised this game doesn't have some Israeli Special Forces operators yet.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Mimic beacon when?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Duggler posted:

Mimic beacon when?
Miznefet hitboxes when?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Nickname Pending posted:

I believe it was going to but they replaced them with Polish guys.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Nickname Pending posted:

Probably a political can of worms Ubi would rather avoid.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jehde posted:

Probably a political can of worms Ubi would rather avoid.
That would be surprisingly tactful for this joke of a game where you can't even ignore other players in chat.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Not putting Israeli special forces in the game because of idiot racists is dumb and bad and I hope that isn't the reason they were replaced with Polish ops

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

The Duggler posted:

Not putting Israeli special forces in the game because of idiot racists is dumb and bad and I hope that isn't the reason they were replaced with Polish ops

No, it's because the actions of the nation of Israel are very controversial on a global stage.

Let's just leave it at that.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I liked the call of duty that was about the polish and all the other less talked about forces in ww2

It's not like the nation has much to do with what the characters do at this point

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I liked the call of duty that was about the polish and all the other less talked about forces in ww2

It's not like the nation has much to do with what the characters do at this point
Oh, the Call of Duty 3, arguably the least-popular game in the series due to console exclusivity?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

No, it's because the actions of the nation of Israel are very controversial on a global stage.

Let's just leave it at that.

American and Russian operators being removed when?

I get it, but I really doubt that's the reason.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

The Duggler posted:

You have got to be loving joking

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Duggler posted:

American and Russian operators being removed when?

I get it, but I really doubt that's the reason.
Just let it go dude, we get it that you love IDF, but this isn't the time or place for this poo poo.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The thing is that people go full retard at the mere sight of an Israeli flag. Easier to just avoid that whole mess.

In terms of racism though, I just got done playing the Rising Storm 2 beta and forgot how entrenched racism is in that whole franchise. I would like for Siege to remain as apolitical and racismless as possible. Clans having racist name gimmicks is already enough as it is.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Oh, the Call of Duty 3, arguably the least-popular game in the series due to console exclusivity?

I thought world at war was, due to console exclusivity

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Just let it go dude, we get it that you love IDF, but this isn't the time or place for this poo poo.

Yeah I love the IDF

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I thought world at war was, due to console exclusivity
World at War was on PC though. It was solidly okay, and sold reasonably well (twice more than Call of Duty 3 by November 2013).

E: Heck, CoD 3 is the least popular CoD game for major platforms.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Bilal posted:

You have got to be loving joking

when the announcement for the new ops was leaked it was Spain, Hong Kong, Israel, South Korea. then a ton of people whined about there being no Poland on the subreddit, and the official announcement came out a bit later with Poland instead of Israel.

probably just a mixup and Israel were never intended to be included though. Incidentally I have no loving idea why people want Polish ops so much.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Can't wait to play Fuze with a lumber axe, a hilariously oversized polearm, and a micro-trebuchet that can launch 5 javelinas into enemy encampment.

?

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

I like this version better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Yes, I don't think cluster charges would be realistic in medieval siege, so why not small violent boars.

How did you imagine a javelin throwing trebuchet anyways?

• Locked thread