Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Bubba Smith posted:

all 40 of us on this dying forum, the entire "mighty squad"

Remember when Brock Lesnar fought and it brought a few new voices in for a few weeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Dana White: [to Drew Dober and Jacob Volkmann] Now, our operation is small, but there's a lot of potential for "aggressive" expansion. So, which one of you fine gentlemen would like to stay in our promotion? Oh, there's only one spot open right now, so we're gonna have...
[breaks pool cue over knee]
Dana White: Tryouts.
[throws broken pool cue at the fighters]
Dana White: Make it fast.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

Dana White: [to Drew Dober and Jacob Volkmann] Now, our operation is small, but there's a lot of potential for "aggressive" expansion. So, which one of you fine gentlemen would like to stay in our promotion? Oh, there's only one spot open right now, so we're gonna have...
[breaks pool cue over knee]
Dana White: Tryouts.
[throws broken pool cue at the fighters]
Dana White: Make it fast.

The mandingo scene from Django unchained with Dana White as Candie.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Skip My Posts posted:

Maybe a matchup where their families are held hostage and only the winner's are released

"Now just before this fight Birchak was telling me his wife recently got the all clear from her doct- and he tapped. Such a shame to see"

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
The Oscar Schindler scene from Schindler's List but it's Dana breaking down and crying that he could've signed more of the Northcutt family instead of buying Bibles carved in the shape of guns

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

The Oscar Schindler scene from Schindler's List but it's Dana breaking down and crying that he could've signed more of the Northcutt family instead of buying Bibles carved in the shape of guns

Lol

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Tezcatlipoca posted:

The mandingo scene from Django unchained with Dana White as Candie.

What the gently caress was that scene about other than establishing that Quentin Tarantino needs to be able to violently masturbate to any scene he films?

Also, is GSP the GOAT of headcases? Dude full blown (condom stuffed with) nuts.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
he seems like a good person to me

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Captain Log posted:

What the gently caress was that scene about other than establishing that Quentin Tarantino needs to be able to violently masturbate to any scene he films?

Yeah how gratuitous of him to make a whole third of the plot revolve around head to head slave fighting and then show some of it

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
That scene made me briefly feel bad for being an MMA fan.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Carlous Conduit is definitely like #2 or 3 on the PSP fan list.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I guess the idea is to give drama/significance to fights in the very bottom tier of the UFC. So the 500,000 hardcores who bought fight piss can be emotionally invested in a fight between two guys who used to be good or did something cool on TUF but are now in danger of being cut. Nerds like us might be more likely to watch early prelims to see Artem Lobov vs Maximo Blanco or whatever

Artem lobov is the main event now, actually

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Artem lobov is the main event now, actually

No matter how many times I'm confronted with that reality I still can't believe it.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
I have been barely following MMA for awhile but this poo poo with Maia missing out on a title shot pisses me off. Yeah rankings don't mean poo poo but he's 39, he's on a great streak, he beat Condit, give him a loving shot already.

Anyway that's my baby rant over

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Panama Red posted:

I have been barely following MMA for awhile but this poo poo with Maia missing out on a title shot pisses me off. Yeah rankings don't mean poo poo but he's 39, he's on a great streak, he beat Condit, give him a loving shot already.

same

im not literally shaking but almost

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Panama Red posted:

It's pretty bad.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Thanks for doing a better version of that joke.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah how gratuitous of him to make a whole third of the plot revolve around head to head slave fighting and then show some of it

Thank you. Also to show how hosed up slavery was since the Northcutts of the world apparently don't know.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 2, 2017

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Maia is super deserving and has been a company man for a really long rear end time. It blows.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

i'm a believer of mohammed ali style crazy hijinks.

Just ruin Bispings personal space with a megaphone and broken english yoel pls

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
When will exciting company demian maia finally get his first title shot before time runs out

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
maia is still being punished for the silva fight.

also rashad does an outstanding tyson impression. man the phil davis fight was so cathartic. phil getting epicly denied 2 title shots in drastically different and humiliating ways are really good memories and i can thank rashad for one of them.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Maia had a title shot already and it was the most boring fight of all time

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

how many years ago was it? It was as much anderson's fault as it was maia.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Its unlikely, but I think the comedy scenario saturday night would be another majority draw, this time with the dissenting judge scoring for Wonderboy.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

david carmichael posted:

When will exciting company demian maia finally get his first title shot before time runs out

me too

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
what sadist made ngannou vs struve lol

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Struve denied it on twitter. Said he is still healing from shoulder surgery.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

phew. good.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Just noticed Rashad is fighting at middle weight, and he is fighting Dan Kelly, lol

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
RIP Dan Kelly

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i really want dan kelly to just dig in and out-grit rashad like he's done to younger fighters but the reality is he's going to get insanely knocked out and i am explicitly not looking forward to it

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Remember when he nearly died against Shoeface and then won :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/TheBMartin/status/837418276699299840

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Chael talked about Rashad being way stronger and heavier than he expected in their fight (similar to how he described fighting Jones). He could be a handful for middleweights who try to grapple him, as opposed to mild pattycake sessions that seem to hypnotize him.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Daniel Spitz is fighting, he's a Washingtonian who played football for WSU. From what I've seen he is still very ,very raw and will probably lose to God Beer. He is tall though, so he has that going for him

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Ditch posted:

Chael talked about Rashad being way stronger and heavier than he expected in their fight (similar to how he described fighting Jones). He could be a handful for middleweights who try to grapple him, as opposed to mild pattycake sessions that seem to hypnotize him.

Chael thinks that about everyone he fights to be fair

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Ditch posted:

Dan kelly is a southpaw so another patty cake session isn't out of the question

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://mobile.twitter.com/DamonMartin/status/837423564429000704/video/1

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Couple more breakdowns of khabib/Ferguson because why the hell not

UFC 209: Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson meet in an epic lightweight clash - The Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.299f00248270

The Tactical Guide to Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson | FIGHTLAND
http://m.fightland.vice.com/blog/the-tactical-guide-to-khabib-nurmagomedov-vs-tony-ferguson

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Chael, who's only skillset is being on steroids, feels an inescapable fear whenever he has to fight someone bigger than him.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

EmmyOk posted:

Remember when he nearly died against Shoeface and then won :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/TheBMartin/status/837418276699299840

Paul Craig is extremely for the win and if that's not enough reason to cheer for him here's another: he's me. I'm Paul Craig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

• Locked thread