Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Scholtz posted:

Anyone know if you can play off of the WiiU gamepad and use a pro controller? Or do you have to play with the gamepad controls?

You can use the pro controller. There are a few Shrines that require the gamepad for gyro, tho. They all have a distinct name in the entrance that tells you they need gyro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

CJ posted:

Also wtf is with the voice acting? Did they hire them off Craigslist?

The Zora girl who wants to jump Link's dick is the most distractingly bad VA I've heard in a game in recent memory and that's really saying something

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Wii U patch is up now too so guess we'll know sooner or later if that helped with the framerate.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Can you pick voice acting from other languages?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kirios posted:

"Future Worst Zelda Game"

lol, nooooooooope

Breath of the Wild: Future Wurst Zelda Game. (Remember to cook your meat kids)

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I would've called it "Future best then worst then best" but that was very long.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Aonuma got the idea for the next Zelda game soon to enter development after watching American animated film Sausage Party.

This time Link will be an actual link...of meat.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Agh, I'm so split. I was gonna just get it on WiiU and get Switch much later when splatoon 2 comes out, but looking at the draw distance differences, even if the improve the framerate on wiiu with a patch, I kinda want the switch version now...

But then I may not be able to find a switch for some time. So do I hold off on playing Zelda until I can find one?

Ugh I don't wanna bother trying to rush stores at 6 AM or whatever :(

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oh hey I found the Hylian Shield. Wonder if it breaks

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Zaphod42 posted:

Agh, I'm so split. I was gonna just get it on WiiU and get Switch much later when splatoon 2 comes out, but looking at the draw distance differences, even if the improve the framerate on wiiu with a patch, I kinda want the switch version now...

But then I may not be able to find a switch for some time. So do I hold off on playing Zelda until I can find one?

Just get the Wii U version, you can buy it again for the Switch later.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rexroom posted:

yeah that sounds about right

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rexroom posted:

The only downside for this is that I'm guessing you can't transfer your save, so if you rebuy it for Switch later you're starting over from the beginning.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

oh hey I found the Hylian Shield. Wonder if it breaks

Use it to shield surf down death mountain and get back to us.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

MrFlibble posted:

Use it to shield surf down death mountain and get back to us.
I haven't worked out how to shield surf :( I went straight to te castle.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

No, you don't understand. The draw distances are the exact same. Everyone says so. In fact, the WiiU version has better draw distances. And no framerate issues at all.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Wii U has plenty of framerate issues on 1.0.0. Not sure about 1.1.0 which came out a few hours ago

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

havenwaters posted:

Wii U has plenty of framerate issues on 1.0.0. Not sure about 1.1.0 which came out a few hours ago

Framerate issue I'm having is my Switch is running at 0fps for the next 10 hours

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Lemming posted:

Framerate issue I'm having is my Switch is running at 0fps for the next 10 hours

Yeah my Wii U is running at 0fps until Tuesday so :shrug:

edit: doesn't stop me from going and seeing people's impressions/going through the spoiler topics on other forums.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nintendo literally promised me twice that my Switch would be delivered via next day courier and now it's going through the Royal Mail which is a bit loving worrying

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
How does one shield surf?
How does one block the laser beams and then knock them back with a shield?

Holy gently caress I just left the intro area and it's incredible. Simply incredible.

Like I don't even want to say the most basic of basic things about the game, because I feel like it would ruin the experience of discovery for people.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Lemming posted:

I'm gonna get a cool 60 on the ehop error screen when everyone slams it at once, since they elected not to do a preload.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Holy gently caress I just left the intro area and it's incredible. Simply incredible.

Like I don't even want to say the most basic of basic things about the game, because I feel like it would ruin the experience of discovery for people.

Parrying: Hold zL/left trigger to keep your shield up. Hit A to parry. If you time it wrong you're going to eat the attack. Not sure if all shields can parry the laser.

No idea how you shield surf.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Have they said if the DLCs will be available for Wii U too?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

El Burbo posted:

Can you pick voice acting from other languages?

Only by changing your system's region. And you can't mix and match English text with different VA.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

havenwaters posted:

According to reports, it fixes the said frame rate issues. Well, most of them.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Rexroom posted:

That's what I'm doing

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Infinitum posted:

Hold ZL to raise your shield, then X to jump and then A to shield surf.

Hold ZL to raise your shield, then A to swing it and if you do it in the window of time just before getting hit, you'll do a parry which reflects any projectile as well.

And god I agree. I got memes ready for Saturday, but [x] meets [y] is the last thing I would've expected and it's amazing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Trying to remember how to shield surf from the time I played. I think you had to be holding it up and then press the jump button over a slope and then press another button in the air. Maybe A.

efb

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kawabata posted:

I'd be shocked if they weren't, honestly.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Zelda's pretty fun, yo.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Harrow posted:

I'd be shocked if they weren't, honestly.

Yeah considering they released the game on both consoles it's just more money for them at this point. You either bought the Switch for BOTW or you didn't and just bought BOTW.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Kawabata posted:

Yes, Amazon even has the digital codes available for preorder

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

PerrineClostermann posted:

Zelda's pretty fun, yo.

I don' tbelieve you

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Ohtsam posted:

Yes, Amazon even has the digital codes available for preorder

Would you be so kind to link them (the Wii U ones)? For some reason the words season pass or dlc or zelda digital codes don't show anything, maybe I'm just dumb.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm getting the game tomorrow but can anyone who's played it let me know where you get the photo compendium so I can make a beeline for it? It def seems like the kind of mechanic I would want unlocked before I really start exploring the world proper.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Judi search for Zelda, the dlc is on the same page as the game.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Does the eshop still not have this up? I just wanna give Nintendo my money so it's ready when I maybe call into work tomorrow.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Zaggitz posted:

I'm getting the game tomorrow but can anyone who's played it let me know where you get the photo compendium so I can make a beeline for it? It def seems like the kind of mechanic I would want unlocked before I really start exploring the world proper.

Just follow the main quest.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

havenwaters posted:

Yeah my Wii U is running at 0fps until Tuesday so :shrug:

edit: doesn't stop me from going and seeing people's impressions/going through the spoiler topics on other forums.

I guess several people posted that their "Amazon Prime Guaranteed Release Day Delivery" was scheduled for Tuesday. I was just thinking of cancelling my order since I'm in the same boat but I decided to see what happens if I set the shipping to 1 day. Before it was saying that 2 day prime shipping would take 4 days but now with 1 day shipping it's same day delivery. I don't know if their shipping page is full of poo poo or not but I'm paying an extra $4 for shipping and the price is still cheaper than anywhere else. I'm also expecting that I'll be able to complain and get a refund at a later date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Kawabata posted:

Would you be so kind to link them (the Wii U ones)? For some reason the words season pass or dlc or zelda digital codes don't show anything, maybe I'm just dumb.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06WRRWHDJ