Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

servo106
Apr 26, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

I got like 30 minutes into the Retroactive podcast before I realized it wasn't a comedy. Just going off the descriptions the gross behavior of Jim Belushi as a villain is indistinguishable from Jim Belushi as a comic hero up until he murders his girlfriend.

It takes less time to get there but that is also the same experience watching the movie.

Also signed up to the patreon just to hear the DBZ Animation Damnation. Worth my $3 a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

enigmahfc posted:

I still laugh, especially at the website they listing getting weirder and weirder.

PrisonPlanet.fart.yogurt/pizza.knuckles.tv

PrisonPlanet.trees/poptart.web

Thought the Retroactive episode was great especially for the sound impression of Jim Belushi's "walk-n-strut" and the return of the M. Emmet Walsh impressions.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

servo106 posted:

It takes less time to get there but that is also the same experience watching the movie.

Also signed up to the patreon just to hear the DBZ Animation Damnation. Worth my $3 a month.

The 8 dollar one is worth it for some sweet star trek fan fiction. Learn all about Data's desire for a father!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Calaveron posted:

At this point we need a warning for when an episode features an Alex Jones impression because oh boy that got so old already

As a counterpoint, they've got some spot-on Bernie impressions, holy poo poo.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I like the Alex Jones impression but the second I heard the Belushi I stopped the episode. I'm becoming a crab. :(

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I don't think their Belushi sounds like him at all, but it's a delightful caricature in its own right.

Vermain posted:

As a counterpoint, they've got some spot-on Bernie impressions, holy poo poo.

I like when they're riffing and someone really nails it and they all kind of stop and laugh in appreciation. I think this time it was Eric's "who's gonna care for your butcher wounds?!"

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Calaveron posted:

At this point we need a warning for when an episode features an Alex Jones impression because oh boy that got so old already

Goblin account spotted

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Catch 'im online with a goblin!

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Stephen posted this to his Twitter - apparently he's front and center on the 2nd picture when googling "Improv group". I have no idea what he's acting out.

Catch 'im in beeeeddd with improv etc etc

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Stephen posted this to his Twitter - apparently he's front and center on the 2nd picture when googling "Improv group". I have no idea what he's acting out.

Catch 'im in beeeeddd with improv etc etc

That's *Gotta fart real loud but there's people around so holding it while tying to look normal* Face.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Do you think Paxton's gonna get Farina'd?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Really awkward time to die if you don't want to get Farina'd

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
They were right about John Hurt's clip being Harry Potter

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Calaveron posted:

Do you think Paxton's gonna get Farina'd?

Pretty sure the montage was locked in a week ago, if not more.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

duz posted:

Pretty sure the montage was locked in a week ago, if not more.

He was also mentioned at the beginning.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Missed the Oscars. How long was the in memoriam montage? Longer than the Dog Oscars'?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Calaveron posted:

Missed the Oscars. How long was the in memoriam montage? Longer than the Dog Oscars'?

Not long enough for Jon Polito and Robert Vaughn, apparently

We needed to get all FIVE of those musical numbers in this show, no we can't cut Sting, Sting is integral to this show

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
"Dammit Jeremy, did you switch the Best Picture envelopes??!"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

"Brian! Did you give him the Best Actress envelope instead of the Best Picture one, Brian?"

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
I think Warren Beatty might be Secundus.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
something something Martin Cinemax III.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Not long enough for Jon Polito and Robert Vaughn, apparently

We needed to get all FIVE of those musical numbers in this show, no we can't cut Sting, Sting is integral to this show

Forget the envelope mix up.

They put up a woman who wasn't dead over Vaughn and Polito in the In Memorian section

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Wow Steve is a real Noo Yawker

Violator
May 15, 2003

This Tango & Cash episode was real good. The Jack Palance impression was great and we had a lot of great jokes. "Go sleep in a church"

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
And Andrew learned the truth about Jeff Dunham.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The guys seem to enjoy character actors a lot, and since James Hong and Michael Jeter were mentioned, someone forward this to them via social media that I'm too cool/old to make use of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BBf3IpzAqc

Everyone here should also watch this series, since character actors are great and apparently live pretty interesting lives? And maybe request James Hong's movie that he directed because holy moly.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Did the mailbag episode not post yet? I read the Dispatch and checked my podcasts and nothing for February.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Hockles posted:

Did the mailbag episode not post yet? I read the Dispatch and checked my podcasts and nothing for February.

There does appear to be a missing Mail Bag.

Nov. 28
Dec. 28
Feb. 1

So was the Feb. 1 mailbag the episode for January or February?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
They're printing out all the emails to pull them out of the hat for Listener Mailbag Month.

BlameSpacePod
Feb 24, 2015

Jose Oquendo posted:

There does appear to be a missing Mail Bag.

Nov. 28
Dec. 28
Feb. 1

So was the Feb. 1 mailbag the episode for January or February?

I heard they hit a snag with their scheduling and it was this or the Oscars special, March mailbag will be earlier to compensate.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

BlameSpacePod posted:

I heard they hit a snag with their scheduling and it was this or the Oscars special, March mailbag will be earlier to compensate.

Viola Davis dropping down to Supporting Actress really messed them up.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

BlameSpacePod posted:

Thanks for the info, Eric. I wasn't complaining or anything. I didn't even notice the dates until that person asked about it. Your TJ Hooker podcast is great, btw. If you get tired of that show, I'd love to see you guys bounce around to different old TV shows.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Can confirm. I'm one of the five TJ Hooker listeners, and I love it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Mailbag scheduled for Feb. 31??? Briannnnnnnn

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Detective No. 27 posted:

I just subscribed, should I be watching along?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

I just subscribed, should I be watching along?

You don't have to but I'd recommend at watching at least one episode of the show so you can better visualize what they are describing.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

Detective No. 27 posted:

Ben's delivery of "I gave a hoot, And a holler!" in ep 4 had me rolling

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

BlameSpacePod posted:

Thanks sir!

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

RJWaters2 posted:

I'm enjoying the serious uptick of Shatner impressions in my life. The patreon has paid back in spades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

RJWaters2 posted:

Me too. The cadence and tone of the show reminds me of Mike and Tom Eat Snacks at times.