Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Only by changing your system's region. And you can't mix and match English text with different VA.

Oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Played it for a bit, and I don't know if I'm too fond of the handheld mode. It's super sharp but there appears to be no anti-aliasing, so the grass and trees are all shimmery edges.
It probably won't matter much once I experience the true potential of playing on a bus, but right now I like the look on TV, even if it's a bit soft and framey.

edit: On Switch.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 3, 2017

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I feel like I'm going to forget that taking Zelda with me is even an option.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
I got my refurbished Wii U today and after much cussing and swearing I got it set up but why isn't the game available for pre-load? I guess I have to either stay up until 3AM to buy it and start downloading or go to bed early and set my alarm for 3AM so I can download it and play it. I'm really tempted to buy WWHD from the eshop to tide me over until BOTW launches.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
The inference-based tutorializing is fantastic. The game hints with subtle cues at things earlier games would've explained with reams of dialogue.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

snoremac posted:

The inference-based tutorializing is fantastic. The game hints with subtle cues at things earlier games would've explained with reams of dialogue.

Learning how to cook to survive cold weather was great.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

PerrineClostermann posted:

Learning how to cook to survive cold weather was great.

i didnt know how to cook and just brute forced it with raw meats and mushrooms.

also the new patch noticeably improves the performance on Wii U

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The R stick position STINKS on the Joycons. You kinda have to stop everything to move the camera.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Thanks! The EU amazon site I was using was formatted differently, this one's much better.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Got my copy. Now to sleep so I can start my weekend with full gusto.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo im getting a switch

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
holy switch i'm getting a poo poo!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Switch poo poo i'm getting holy!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

This has been my phone background for the past 2 years.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

MokBa posted:

This has been my phone background for the past 2 years.

Link's got a sweet back boob.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 3, 2017

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

spasticColon posted:

I got my refurbished Wii U today and after much cussing and swearing I got it set up but why isn't the game available for pre-load? I guess I have to either stay up until 3AM to buy it and start downloading or go to bed early and set my alarm for 3AM so I can download it and play it. I'm really tempted to buy WWHD from the eshop to tide me over until BOTW launches.

Nintendo'nt do internet good.

meeler09
May 24, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

Nintendo'nt do internet good.

spasticColon posted:

I can't wait for it to unlock at midnight, only for the eshop to grind to a screeching halt. It's 2017 ffs Nintendo.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
Is anyone concerned about joy con syncing issues? I don't want to buy a gamepad pro right now and was hoping to just use the joycons in the grip like a regular controller.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

meeler09 posted:

I can't wait for it to unlock at midnight, only for the eshop to grind to a screeching halt. It's 2017 ffs Nintendo.

You're criticizing Nintendo for something you think might happen?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Is the jump something I can spam any time? It's important to me to be able to jump freely in video games and I feel my jumping right had been under attack for many years now.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Cojawfee posted:

You're criticizing Nintendo for something you think might happen?

duh

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Also like Sony's shop isn't complete dogshit.

I'm still downloading Horizon

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Kirios posted:

If anything, Breath's going to show just how mediocre Twilight Princess was, and how bad Skyward Sword was.

"Wait, we were championing THESE games?!"

As far as i'm concerned there are only three REAL Zelda games:

Legend of Zelda 1986

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 1998

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2017

That's the only timeline you need

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
As far as I'm concerned there are no REAL Zelda games.

:smug:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

Is the jump something I can spam any time? It's important to me to be able to jump freely in video games and I feel my jumping right had been under attack for many years now.

Yes it is

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The list of Real Zelda games:

Zelda 1
Zelda 2
Zelda BotW

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

zelda gettin 10s across the board. what year is it?!

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

PerrineClostermann posted:

The list of Real Zelda games:

Zelda 1
Zelda 2
Zelda BotW

Link's Awakening owns.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm roleplaying as a luddite and I'm going to beat the game without any magic tablet powers

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
my dumb rear end didn't think about pre-ordering Zelda until less than five hours before launch, but like the fool upon the stage, i bumble through life yet again and a Best Buy a city over somehow still has pre-orders open

I can't believe my Spring Break 2017 is just gonna be Zelda, choice move Nintendo

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

How long does it take to get off the plateau?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

How long does it take to get off the plateau?

You accelerate at 9.8 meters per second per second, so not long

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/breath-of-the-wild-is-the-zelda-adventure-ive-always-wanted?utm_source=wptwitterus

quote:

And there is more distance yet to travel. In Breath of the Wild, you can never fast travel directly to a village or ruin or other specific location, but only to a nearby shrine. That means that whenever you arrive, you always see your destination ahead of you, framed carefully: A buzzing town on a hill, a desert oasis obscured by blowing sands, a labyrinth out in the sea, a little fishing village where bananas grow on tropical trees, a strange movement on a low mountain. There is always distance to be traveled.

GOD I'M SETTING MYSELF UP FOR DISAPPOINTMENT

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lemming posted:

You accelerate at 9.8 meters per second per second, so not long

This username + post combination

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
If any Wii U Gamepad players are wondering why aiming is so shaky it's because motion controls are on by default. It took me four hours to figure this out.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
All the reviewers are saying cliche things like "every bit of terrain you can see you can climb/reach/etc" but no one is saying how the game's boundaries work.

So uh how do those boundaries work? What prevents me from falling off the edge of the world

EDIT: I realize this is pointless to ask but there are 13 hours between now and when i pick mine up and I'm getting squirrely

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Macintosh HD posted:

All the reviewers are saying cliche things like "every bit of terrain you can see you can climb/reach/etc" but no one is saying how the game's boundaries work.

So uh how do those boundaries work? What prevents me from falling off the edge of the world

EDIT: I realize this is pointless to ask but there are 13 hours between now and when i pick mine up and I'm getting squirrely

That's a good question. I actually never hit the edge in my playing.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

I feel like I am taking crazy pills when I read these reviews.
The game is great, but it has some very large problems. The performance of the game on WiiU is garbage. Framerates drop like crazy if you attempt to do anything but look into the distance without moving.
It plays like every other great open world game since 2009.

The game is fun, its worth playing. But 10/10 it is not.
The hype has taken over peoples brains, or they are paid shills.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Macintosh HD posted:

The reason why the left joycon desyncs so often is because it suffers from interference from the taser installed that shocks you when you violate the boundaries of the games you play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

LeninVS posted:

I feel like I am taking crazy pills when I read these reviews.
The game is great, but it has some very large problems. The performance of the game on WiiU is garbage. Framerates drop like crazy if you attempt to do anything but look into the distance without moving.
It plays like every other great open world game since 2009.

The game is fun, its worth playing. But 10/10 it is not.
The hype has taken over peoples brains, or they are paid shills.

You could put a Big Rigs cartridge in a Zelda box and it would score at least a 93 on MetaCritic.